Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 24-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 24-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 24-06-2012

Radamel Falcao: Attracting plenty of interest

ATLETICO RULE OUT FALCAO SALE

Atletico Madrid have reiterated their desire to hang on to the services of Radamel Falcao, with there no intention on their part to discuss a sale.
    The Colombia international has forged a reputation as one of European football's deadliest frontmen.
    He joined Atletico last summer having enjoyed a prolific spell with Porto, and was able to replicate those heroics during his first year in Spain.
    Unsurprisingly, his efforts have drawn admiring glances from afar.

The likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all reported to be readying big-money bids.
    Atletico are reluctant to talk terms, though, and are confident that their failure to qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League will not work against them.
    "The club has very clear ideas on this," sporting director Jose Luis Caminero told AS.
    "Falcao will remain at Atletico Madrid and any talk of an exit is misplaced.

"The striker will remain with us next season and we are not considering any other possibility."
    Caminero concedes that there may be market movement at Vicente Calderon, but insists 'that will not affect the situation of Falcao'.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-06-2012

Harry Kewell: Leaves Melbourne Victory

HARRY KEWELL RETURNS TO ENGLAND

Melbourne Victory forward Harry Kewell has quit the club and will return to England.
    Kewell, 33, joined the two-time A-League champions ahead of last season, scoring eight times in 25 appearances during the 2011/12 campaign.
    But Kewell has played his last game in Victory colours, opting to stay in England to be with wife Sheree Murphy, whose mother is 'gravely ill'.
    "It was one of the toughest decisions we've had to make," Kewell said.
    "I enjoyed playing for Victory and living in Melbourne, but family comes first and together we made a decision that it was best for us to remain close to our family at this time."
    New Victory coach Ange Postecoglou was disappointed with the news.

"Harry's a fantastic player and I was looking forward to working with him this season, but he has family matters that need his attention so while it's unfortunate, I completely understand,"
    "We'd been working very hard to come to an agreement with him and we were extremely confident both parties were close to finalising the deal, but these things happen and we wish Harry and his family all the best."

Uploads

Grant Holt: Set for Hughton talks

HUGHTON DESPERATE TO KEEP HOLT

New Norwich boss Chris Hughton admits he has spoken with unsettled striker Grant Holt, but is keen to meet with him face-to-face and discuss his future.
    Hughton has inherited the managerial reins at Carrow Road from Paul Lambert and is looking to build on the impressive foundations which have been put down by his predecessor.
    In order to do that, he is aware that he must keep key figures at the club.
    That includes Holt, Norwich's talismanic skipper and their main source of goals throughout their transformation from League One side to Premier League surprise package.
    He netted 15 times in the top flight last season, but stunned the Canaries by handing in a transfer request at the end of the campaign.

Convincing the 31-year-old that he is in the best place for his career has become a top priority for Hughton, with it vital that his most prolific marksman is not allowed to wander away from the club.
    Discussions have been held regarding the immediate future, but Hughton admits he will need to look into Holt's eyes before being in a position to comment on what will happen next.
    "I have spoken to Grant but not met him yet," said the Canaries coach, who is currently at his holiday home in Florida.
    "But when I get back I will meet with him and make it clear that I want him to stay."

Uploads

Gerard Houllier: New Salzburg sporting director

RANGNICK AND HOULLIER TO SALZBURG

Ralf Rangnick and Gerard Houllier have both joined a new-look set-up at Austrian champions Salzburg, with Roger Schmidt named as the club's head coach.
    Rangnick has been linked with several coaching vacancies across Europe since quitting Schalke in September last year citing exhaustion.
    He has now been named as Salzburg's sporting director, while former Liverpool and Aston Villa boss Houllier will serve as the club's global sports director.

Schmidt arrives from Germany 2 Bundesliga side Paderborn, having guided them to a surprising fifth place last year.
    Schmidt replaces Ricardo Moniz, who unexpectedly left the club following their title success earlier this month.

Uploads

Geoff Cameron: I wouldn't mind England

STOKE INTERESTED IN HOUSTON DEFENDER

Houston Dynamo chairman Chris Canetti claims Stoke City are interested in signing defender Geoff Cameron.
    Canetti believes talks have started over a proposed move for the centre-back, but he acknowledged no official contact has been made by the Potters.
    "I would say some dialogue has opened up in terms of what it might take to get it done," Canetti told the Houston Chronicle.

"We haven't made an official offer. They haven't made an official. I don't know how serious they are or if they're just kicking the tires. Right now there's just initial dialogue that's starting up."
    The 26-year-old former midfielder has been attracting interest from German club Schalke 04, but Cameron admits he would prefer to play in England.

Cameron said: "I wouldn't mind England. I've always wanted to play there. I'm not going to be picky.
    "I would love England. I think just overall the soccer there and the fan experience and just everything in general would be great."

Uploads

Ian Holloway: No plans to turn his back on Blackpool

HOLLOWAY HAPPY AT BLACKPOOL

Ian Holloway has quashed talk about his future by insisting he is committed to avenging Blackpool's play-off final heartbreak.
    Holloway was linked with the Swansea job before Michael Laudrup took the reins at the Liberty Stadium and is reported to be a contender to take over at still-managerless Birmingham.
    But despite the disappointment of defeat to West Ham at Wembley the colourful boss is raring to try again with the Tangerines.
    "There has been a lot of speculation regarding my future over the summer so I would like to assure Blackpool's fans that I am planning to be back at pre-season training on 9th July - and I can't wait to get started," he wrote in his column for The Sun.

"I can't say it's not been flattering to see my name linked to a couple of Premier League jobs over the summer because it proves I am still doing things right.
    "But if the Tangerine Army are worried my head has been turned, they can forget it.
    "In the month since we lost the play-off final, I have recharged my batteries.
    "I have a few plans I'd like to see come to fruition. And if I can get my way, with two or three new recruits, I am sure we will once again be punching above our weight."

Uploads

Ezequiel Lavezzi: On his way to Paris St Germain

LAVEZZI WAITING ON PSG MOVE NEWS

Ezequiel Lavezzi claims to be in the dark when it comes to the finer details of his proposed move to Paris St Germain, but has thanked Napoli for launching his career.
    The Argentine playmaker has been hot property for some time and it has come as no surprise to learn that he is close to completing a big-money switch.
    Wealthy French outfit PSG are the ones to have stumped up the cash, with their ambitious owners prepared to dig deep in order to secure the services of world-class performers.
    No agreement has been pushed through as yet, though, and Lavezzi says he does not know when the paperwork will be completed.

He is, however, destined to be turning out in Ligue 1 next season and has taken the opportunity to pay tribute to Napoli and the role they have played in moulding him into one of European football's most sought-after talents.
    "I don't know a lot of details," Lavezzi told Il Mattino.
    "Negotiations are being managed by my agent.
    "Naples will always hold a special place in my heart and I have great affection for the people.
    "Napoli launched me and gave me a lot of international visibility."

Uploads

Daniel Royer: Loaned out to Cologne

ROYER LOANED TO COLOGNE

Hannover have loaned Austria international Daniel Royer out to second division side Cologne for the whole of next season.
    The 22-year-old forward only made three appearances for the Reds after joining them from SV Ried last summer.
    "This loan deal makes sense at this time," said Hannover's director of sport Jorg Schmadtke.

"We will certainly be following his progress next season and we wish him all the best in Cologne."
    Royer was ineligible to play for Hannover in the Europa League last season since he had appeared for Austrian side Ried in the competition in their matches against PSV Eindhoven.
    He still has a contract with the Lower Saxony club until 2015.

Uploads

Alberto Zaccheroni: New deal to manage Japan

ZACCHERONI LANDS NEW JAPAN DEAL

Alberto Zaccheroni has agreed a two-year contract extension with the Japan national side, taking him through to the 2014 World Cup.
    The agreement is due to run all the way through to the tournament in Brazil, but a clause inserted in the deal means it could be cut short.
    Zaccheroni is likely to find himself out of a job if Japan fail to qualify.
    The Japan Football Association (JFA) has already hinted that they would look elsewhere if the country comes up short in a qualification process which will be wrapped up by June 2013.

Japan currently have seven points in Group B after picking up victories against Oman and Jordan and drawing with Australia.
    The JFA has also announced that Kuniya Daini has been appointed as its new president, replacing the retired Junji Ogura.