Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 25-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 25-06-2012

Latest Transfer Update at 25-06-2012

Danny Murphy makes Blackburn move

• Last Updated: June 25 2012, 11:47 BST

Blackburn have made their first signing of the summer by bringing in Fulham captain Danny Murphy on a two-year contract.

Danny Murphy: 'A pivotal signing' said Kean

The 35-year-old returns to the north-west, where he previously played for Liverpool and Crewe, having also spent time at Charlton and Tottenham before his move to Craven Cottage.
    "Being able to bring Danny on board is a massive boost for everyone and I couldn't be more delighted," manager Steve Kean, preparing for life after relegation from the Barclays Premier League, told rovers.co.uk.
    "His record is there for all to see. He is a model professional, who has a real hunger to keep on playing football and we are thrilled he has decided to commit his future to us.
    "This is a pivotal signing for us."

Danny Murphy factfile:
    1977: Born March 18, Chester.
    1993: Scores on his senior debut for Crewe as a 16-year-old, netting the winner in a 4-3 victory against Preston.
    1997: Signs for Liverpool for an initial 1.5million. Makes debut on opening day of the 1997-98 season as a substitute against Wimbledon.
    September: Makes England Under-21 debut v Moldova.
    1998: Returns to Crewe on loan.
    2001: Part of the Liverpool side that wins the treble of UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup.
    November: Makes England senior debut in a friendly against Sweden.
    2002: Scores first England goal in the 4-0 win against Paraguay. Liverpool finish second in the Premier League.
    Called up for England at the World Cup in Japan and South Korea but forced to withdraw with a metatarsal injury.
    2003: Wins League Cup with Liverpool and voted supporters' player of the season.
    November - Wins last of nine caps for England against Denmark.
    2004: August: Signs for Charlton for 2.5million.
    2006: January: Moves to Tottenham in 2million deal.
    2007: August: Leaves White Hart Lane for Fulham.
    2008: May: Scores winning goal against Portsmouth on the final day of the season to ensure Fulham's top-flight survival.
    Made captain by manager Roy Hodgson for the 2008-09 season and helps guide Fulham to seventh and European football.
    2010: May: Part of the Fulham side that reaches the Europa League final where they lose to Atletico Madrid.
    Is an ever-present for the Cottagers in the 2010-11 season.
    2011: January: Signs contract extension to remain at Craven Cottage until summer 2012.
    2012: June 25 - Signs for Championship side Blackburn on a two-year deal.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-06-2012

Giroud set to complete Arsenal move

• Last Updated: June 25 2012, 10:36 BST

Montpellier's Olivier Giroud has admitted he cannot wait to finalise his move to Arsenal, with the deal expected to be completed this week.

Olivier Giroud: Due in England this week for medical

After his Euro 2012 adventure with France came to an end at the weekend following defeat to Spain, Giroud is now expected in England for a medical with Arsenal.
    The Gunners made their move for Giroud a few weeks ago but they have had to wait for the player to complete his international commitments before finalising a deal worth around 12million.
    "I am so happy to be signing for Arsenal - it is something that represents so much for me," Giroud is quoted by the Sun.
    "I've always dreamed of playing in the Premier League and Arsenal are a great club with many French players."
    Giroud was finishing at the top of the Ligue 1 scoring charts last summer along with PSG's Nene, after bagging 21-goals.

Uploads

Spurs' Vertonghen talks continue

Ajax insist that talks between themselves and Tottenham Hotspur, over the transfer of Jan Vertonghen are continuing.

Jan Vertonghen: Talks ongoing over Tottenham move

However, reports in Holland claim that a deal for the Belgian defender has hit problems due to an agreement between the player and Ajax.
    It is claimed that the 25-year-old, who has 12-months left on his current deal, would be due a percentage of any transfer fee - but sources suggest Ajax are not willing to pay this.

Ajax, though, insist that talks are ongoing and despite the fact they wanted a quick resolution - there was no fresh news on the situation.
    "We all hoped for a rapid agreement between Tottenham Hotspur and Ajax and Spurs and Jan Vertonghen," Ajax financial director Jeroen Slop told De Telegraaf.

"It's in its final stage, but in our opinion there is still no concrete news."
    The player's agent Mustapha Nakhli called on Ajax to make the deal happen.
    "Jan Vertonghen has always stood by Ajax, and he expects that the club does than now," Nakhli also told De Telegraaf.

Uploads

Cavani commited to Napoli

• Last Updated: June 25 2012, 11:43 BST

Edinson Cavani wants to remain at Napoli despite continued speculation linking him with a move to Juventus this summer.

Cavani: wants to stay

The Uruguay international has attracted the attention of top European clubs including Manchester City after another excellent campaign with Napoli.
    Reports in Italy claim scudetto winners Juventus have made a tempting offer to Napoli to buy the 25-year-old forward.
    "I know nothing about Juventus," Cavani said to Corriere dello Sport. "I want to stay at Napoli."

Cavani was instrumental in Napoli's fifth-placed finish this season, scoring 23 goals in 35 league appearances.
    Moreover, he helped the azzurri outfit win the Coppa Italia last month - Napoli's first silverware in 22 years.
    Napoli slapped a 100million euros price tag on Cavani last year and the South American is under contract with the club until June 2015.

Uploads

Germans eyeing Ki - agent

Bayer Leverkusen and Werder Bremen are both interested in Celtic ace Ki Sung-yueng, his agents have confirmed.

Ki Sung-yueng: Interest from Germany

A host of clubs are being linked with the Korean, who has emerged as one of the SPL's best players since his move to Scotland in 2009.
    Russian outfit Rubin Kazan are already understood to have had a bid rejected by Celtic and now offers from Germany look likely.
    "The very much respected Bundesliga sides Werder Bremen and Bayer Leverkusen are holding an interest in Ki Sung-Yueng. Bremen already scouted him live," a spokesman for Ki's agents Global Sports Agent C2 told the Korea Times.

The player himself has previously said he is more than happy with life in Glasgow and he added to the Korea Times that he would only move for first-team action.
    "The most important thing is to play first-team football. If I am getting the guarantee I would play regularly, then I would not care about the location of the club," he said.
    Ki has two-years left on his current deal at Parkhead.

Uploads

Borini only wanted Roma

Last Updated: June 25 2012, 10:24 BST

Italian striker Fabio Borini says moving to Liverpool was never in his thoughts after signing a permanent deal at Roma.

Fabio Borini: Joined Roma on a permanent deal

The frontman joined the Giallorossi over the weekend after the capital club bought the remaining 50 per cent of the player from Serie A rivals Parma.
    He had spent last season on loan at the Stadio Olimpico, scoring nine goals in 24 league appearances.
    Speculation had linked the 21-year-old with Liverpool and a reunion with former boss Brendan Rodgers, who he worked under while on loan at Swansea from Chelsea.

But Borini, currently part of the Italian squad at Euro 2012, says he was only ever focused on staying at Roma and was not distracted by talk of an Anfield move.
    He told The Sun: "I am a Roma player.
    "It's not my business that there is talk about whether I go to Liverpool or stay. It doesn't matter to me, I am Roma."

Uploads

Wanyama keen on England

• Last Updated: June 25 2012, 11:41 BST

Celtic starlet Victor Wanyama has admitted that he is open to a move to England.

Victor Wanyama: Would like to play in England

Wanyama's business manager Rob Moore admitted to Sky Sports earlier this month that the player would like the club to listen to any offers made.
    Now the impressive 21-year-old - who only joined Celtic last summer from Belgian Beerschot - admits he would like the chance to play in England with Liverpool, Stoke City, Queens Park Rangers, Newcastle and West Ham United all believed to been keen.
    "I think the Premier League is the dream of so many players, so I'd be happy to play there. There are a lot of good clubs in England," the Kenyan told the Daily Record.

"It will be difficult to leave Celtic because I have just had a good season here and we are now playing in the Champions League.
    "Celtic are one of the biggest teams. I've been happy here, and the fans have been brilliant to me.
    "But it would not be a terrible thing for me if the club agree to let me go, and they were to get a good offer. They are the ones who decide.
    "I'm proud I'm the first Kenyan to play in the UK and I'd be very happy to be the first Kenyan to play in the Premier League."

Uploads

Bouazza 'set for Cyprus'

• Last Updated: June 25 2012, 10:34 BST

Millwall's Hameur Bouazza has agreed terms on a move to Cyprus, Sky Sports can confirm.

Bouazza: Cyprus interest

Omonia Nicosia made their initial move for the 27-year-old earlier this month but the former Watford and Fulham made turned down the chance to move to the Mediterranean outfit.
    But after fresh talks, the Algerian winger has agreed a one-year deal at the GSP Stadium.
    Bouazza makes the move on a free transfer after he agreed to mutually terminate the final year of his contract at the Den.

Uploads

Bordeaux Reject Chamakh Talk
    Last Updated: June 25 2012, 0:48 BST

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has ruled out a return to the club for Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.

Marouane Chamakh: Joined Arsenal from Bordeaux

The 28-year-old joined the Gunners two years ago from the Ligue 1 outfit but has failed to regularly show the goalscoring form that made him one of the most feared marksmen in France.
    Speculation about the Morocco international's future at Arsenal has intensified following the signing of Lukas Podolski and the imminent arrival of Olivier Giroud.

29. Marouane Chamakh

Appearances 0 (0)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

Triaud, however, believes his former stand-out striker will remain in London after previously making enquiries about re-signing Chamakh in the January transfer window.
    "It is not worth making things up. I tried to contact him six months ago when the transfer window was open," Triaud told Sport 10.
    "Since I crossed paths with him at the Parc des Princes, he was able to tell me he was very happy in London, loved Arsenal and was fine where he was.
    "We're talking about things which do not exist."

Uploads

Atletico Rule Out Falcao Sale
    Last Updated: June 24 2012, 16:55 BST

Atletico Madrid have reiterated their desire to hang on to the services of Radamel Falcao, with there no intention on their part to discuss a sale.

Radamel Falcao: Attracting plenty of interest

The Colombia international has forged a reputation as one of European football's deadliest frontmen.
    He joined Atletico last summer having enjoyed a prolific spell with Porto, and was able to replicate those heroics during his first year in Spain.
    Unsurprisingly, his efforts have drawn admiring glances from afar.

The likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid are all reported to be readying big-money bids.
    Atletico are reluctant to talk terms, though, and are confident that their failure to qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League will not work against them.
    "The club has very clear ideas on this," sporting director Jose Luis Caminero told AS.
    "Falcao will remain at Atletico Madrid and any talk of an exit is misplaced.

"The striker will remain with us next season and we are not considering any other possibility."
    Caminero concedes that there may be market movement at Vicente Calderon, but insists 'that will not affect the situation of Falcao'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast