Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Guidetti agent in Lazio talks

    City youngster keen to continue development somewhere he will play
    Last Updated: June 26, 2012 7:16pm


    John Guidetti: Agent claims to have had talks with Lazio over a possible loan deal




    Manchester City striker John Guidetti dreams of a move to Italy to play for Lazio, according to his agent.
    Guidetti made a huge impact on loan at Feyenoord last season, scoring 20 goals in 23 Eredivisie games for the club.
    The 20-year-old Sweden international has already expressed an unwillingness to return to City if it is to play reserve team football so is eyeing another loan move elsewhere.
    Lazio are near the top of the list of possible destinations for the forward, according to Guidetti's agent Roberto De Fanti.
    Talks
    De Fanti told cittaceleste.it: "I cannot hide, I have spoken with Lazio about Guidetti because several Italian and European clubs like him.


    "He is the best under-21 striker in Europe, he played well in a league where champions like (Ruud) Van Nistelrooy and (Marco) Van Basten found their limelight.
    "If Lazio does not complete the signing of (Trabzonspor striker, Burak) Yilmaz, I think it could open a door for Guidetti.
    "He wants to continue his growth process, in a club where he could play with continuity, even behind someone like (Miroslav) Klose with whom he could only improve.
    "There would be every reason to talk about this negotiation. Guidetti dreams of Italy."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Barcelona dismiss Drogba link
    Last Updated: June 26 2012, 17:06 BST


    Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has dismissed media speculation linking Didier Drogba with a move to the Catalan giants.


    Didier Drogba: Speculation to Barca rubbished


    It was reported in Spain on Tuesday morning that Ivory Coast striker Drogba, who last week announced he would be joining Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua, was due in Barcelona on Tuesday for talks with the Nou Camp outfit.
    However, when asked about that on Tuesday afternoon, Rosell said: "I don't know anything of Drogba. If he's here he's come on holiday or for something personal. It's nothing to do with Barcelona."


    Meanwhile, Drogba's representatives Sports PR Company earlier sent a tweet saying: "Drogba to Barca story complete nonsense. As we told you he joins Shanghai in July."
    The 34-year-old Drogba, who confirmed his intention to leave Chelsea following their Champions League final victory over Bayern Munich, announced last Wednesday he had signed a two-and-a-half year deal with Shanghai Shenhua.
    New Barca coach Tito Vilanova also said at his presentation earlier this month that the club were not looking to bring in attacking reinforcements this summer, with their main focus being on strengthening the defence.
    Barca have been closely linked with Valencia full-back Jordi Alba and Athletic Bilbao defensive midfielder Javi Martinez, but Rosell was giving little away when quizzed about the two Spain internationals at his press conference on Tuesday.


    He said of their pursuit of Alba: "I don't like that these negotiations are public, but they already are. Having said that, the value of Jordi Alba will be what we are ready to pay."
    On Martinez, Rosell added: "Its down to the coaching team. In any case, if we had an interest in Javi Martinez, I wouldn't say so. If we didn't have any interest, I wouldn't say so either. I like negotiations to take place with prudence and in secret."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Benitez in Sampdoria talks
    Last Updated: June 26 2012, 14:39 BST


    Rafa Benitez is in talks with Serie A side Sampdoria to become their new manager, club owner Riccardo Garrone has revealed.


    Rafa Benitez: 'Contacts' with Sampdoria


    Samp are looking to replace coach Giuseppe Iachini this summer and the former Liverpool tactician is the number one candidate to take his place.
    "There have been contacts with Benitez," Garrone said to Sky Italia. "But it's a work in progress."


    Iachini took over the Genoa outfit last November and led the team to promotion to Serie A via the play-offs last month.
    He is under contract with Samp for another season.
    Benitez, meanwhile, has been out of work since being sacked by Inter Milan in December 2010.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Leeds takeover appears close
    Last Updated: June 26 2012, 17:45 BST


    Leeds have moved a step closer to a takeover after granting a due diligence period to a potential investor.


    Leeds: Takeover negotitations have progressed


    The Leeds United Supporters Trust confirmed at the end of May that the npower Championship club was in talks with two interested parties regarding a possible takeover at Elland Road.
    It appears those negotiations have progressed, with the club confirming it has granted permission to an unnamed group of potential investors to conduct due diligence.


    A statement on the club's official website, www.leedsunited.com, read: "Further to our previous statement of May 29, Leeds United can confirm they have granted an exclusivity period to enable a potential investor to carry out the appropriate due diligence.
    "It is anticipated this will be a fairly straightforward process.


    "A confidentiality clause prevents the club from making any further comment. However, our discussions with them have left us very comfortable that they have the financial resources to support the club and that they will have no issues in satisfying the requirements of the Football League's Owners and Directors Test, unlike many of the previous approaches we have had to endure.
    "We will not be making any further announcements in the near future."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Lee Clark named Birmingham boss
    Last Updated: June 26 2012, 21:32 BST


    Former Huddersfield boss Lee Clark has been confirmed as the new manager of Birmingham.


    Lee Clark: Appointed as Birmingham manager


    The 39-year-old has been appointed at the npower Championship club after impressing in two rounds of interviews as acting chairman Peter Pannu sought a successor to Chris Hughton, who departed St Andrew's for Norwich almost three weeks ago.
    The length of Clark's contract was not disclosed.
    Pannu said: "I was impressed by Lee's tenacity, zest and his ambition. He is enthused by the challenge ahead and is determined to make Birmingham City a real force in the npower Championship this season. Judging from his record at Huddersfield, I know he has the capability to do exactly that.
    "The shortlist of four, out of the 22 applicants, that we put together meant that the appointment of Lee Clark was carefully studied and was a thorough and informed decision by the board.


    "I now expect the fans to give him their full support."
    Clark, who will be officially unveiled at a press conference at St Andrew's at 12.30pm on Wednesday, was surprisingly axed by Huddersfield in February after just over three years in charge, with Town fourth in League One at the time, although successor Simon Grayson went on to clinch promotion via the play-offs last month.
    The former Newcastle, Sunderland and Fulham midfielder guided the Terriers to the League One play-off semi-finals in 2010 before going one step further a year later, losing out 3-0 to Peterborough in the final.
    Much of Town's relative success under Clark was built around a 43-game unbeaten run in regular season league matches stretching from December 2010 to November 2011 - a Football League record.


    Clark is understood to have been recommended to Birmingham by outgoing boss Hughton, whose impressive work in little under a year in charge of the financially-stricken midlands outfit helped him land the role at Barclays Premier League Norwich.
    Hughton battled City's well-documented cash-flow problems and put together a new-look side following relegation from the top flight, shining in the Europa League and FA Cup before finishing fourth in the Championship and losing out in the play-off semi-finals to Blackpool.
    But it promises to be an even tougher ride for Clark before he has even started at the helm.
    Blues remain under a transfer embargo, which was placed on the club by the Football League at the start of March having not filed their 2010/11 accounts on time.


    Promising midfielder Jordon Mutch, an Academy graduate, was sold to Cardiff last Friday in order to help raise funds, with the undisclosed fee understood to have been in the region of 3million.
    Further player departures are expected this summer, with the likes of defender Curtis Davies, winger Nathan Redmond and highly-rated young England goalkeeper Jack Butland all linked with moves away.
    And Clark, when he finally does get the green light to bring in new faces, is likely to have to follow in the footsteps of Hughton in utilising free transfers and the loan market.
    Clark's appointment comes on the day Pannu also released a lengthy statement addressing City supporters.
    In it he detailed prospective "substantial profits" for year end June 2012 to help offset previous losses, played down the threat of administration and insisted potential buyers continue to maintain a close rapport despite no deal being on the horizon.
    Pannu also revealed the club are awaiting news on the lifting of their transfer embargo.


    Following the sale of Mutch, Pannu went on to stress that the strength of Birmingham's squad will be maintained where possible amid attempts to generate further revenue to ensure their financial survival.
    "I'd like to make it clear that Jack Butland and Nathan Redmond are not for sale unless we are subject to an eye-popping offer," said Pannu on the club's official website.
    "While the decision to sell Mutch was not taken lightly, it was felt replacements could be sought for the midfielder but our intention is to keep hold of other talented gems we have.
    "Our supporters should be reassured that the club will not accept any derisory financial offers for any of our key players, as has been suggested, but equally we are required to make sound and balanced financial decisions which we accept are not always going to be popular. After all, this is a business."


    Clark's assistant manager at St Andrew's will be Terry McDermott - also his number two at Huddersfield - while the new man also hopes to bring in Derek Fazackerley as first-team coach.
    Clark told the club's official website, www.bcfc.com: "This is a big, big club as I know from whenever I've been fortunate enough to be here as a player or as a member of the opposition coaching staff.
    "The passion and drive of the fans is superb and when you walk around and see the facilities and the stadium then you know that this is a Premier League club in waiting.


    "It will be a big test but that's just the expectation of myself and my staff.
    "Looking at the basis of the squad, there's a great mixture of experienced players who are still hungry to be successful and young players who are still learning the game but are exciting.
    "One thing that I'll be bringing with me is the work ethic, the desire, the passion that I have for the game and I will strive every day to make the club better."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Poyet - More signings to come



    Gus Poyet: Brighton boss is considered one of the best young operators in the game


    Seagulls boss has an eye on another marquee signing

    Gus Poyet has promised Brighton fans he will make at least three more signings before the season starts.
    The Seagulls have already conducted some early business with the recruitment of goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak and defender Bruno.
    Brighton finished an impressive 10th in the Championship last season after winning the League One title the campaign before.
    And their Uruguayan boss is confident new faces can further improve their fortunes next term.
    "The next signing can happen at any time, so we will keep on working," he told the club's official website.

    Quality
    "We are going to have a minimum of three more players come in and then it's going to depend on which player becomes available."
    Former Spain and Valencia winger Vicente was a surprise signing at the Amex Stadium last summer and Poyet is refusing to rule out another wildcard arrival.
    He added: "Last season we were not planning to bring in Vicente, but when a player of that quality comes up you cannot say no.
    "I am 100 per cent that we are going to bring in three more players. Then it could be one or two more, depending on the players."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Elm to decide on future

    Agent claims there is still plenty of interest in Swede

    Rasmus Elm: Has been heavily linked with a Premier League move




    Sought-after AZ Alkmaar star Rasmus Elm will make a decision on where he will ply his trade next season in the near future, according to his agent.
    Speculation continues over the future of the 24-year-old midfielder, who recently represented Sweden at Euro 2012.
    Elm, who arrived at AZ from native side Kalmar FF in 2009, has been strongly linked with a Premier League move, having reportedly caught the eye of Manchester United and Liverpool.
    But German club Hamburg are also thought to have joined the race for his signature, meaning the Bundesliga could also be a possible destination for the Swede.

    Decision
    His agent, Patrick Moerk, expects Elm to make a decision on his future sooner rather than later.


    The midfielder has a year left to run on his contract at AZ, where he was recently joined by his brother, Viktor Elm.
    "The interest in Rasmus is still big," Moerk told Sportbladet.se.
    "He will probably decide whether he will stay with AZ or move soon."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Poulsen in demand

    Out-of-contract defender turning heads across Europe, says agent

    Simon Poulsen: Thought to be on Aston Villa's radar this summer




    Danish left-back and reported Aston Villa target Simon Poulsen is attracting 'big interest' from all over Europe, according to his agent.
    The Denmark international is thought to be on the radar of Villa but the Premier League side could face competition from the likes of Napoli, Lyon and Valencia.


    Poulsen is out of contract at Eredivisie outfit AZ Alkmaar having played for the club since 2008 and is available on a free transfer.
    His agent, Marko Benes, claims the 27-year-old is a sought-after player.
    He told Sporten.dk: "There is big interest for Simon."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Liverpool 'an option' for Vargas
    Last Updated: June 27 2012, 8:33 BST


    Fiorentina winger Juan Manuel Vargas could be a target for Liverpool, according to his agent.


    Juan Manuel Vargas: Linked with Liverpool


    The Peru international has been linked with a move away from the Serie A outfit this summer and the Reds are reportedly among the clubs keen to sign him.
    The 28-year-old is under contract with the Viola for another season and has also been linked with a move to Primera Liga side Malaga.
    "There is the possibility that he (Vargas) will leave Fiorentina," Vargas' agent Jorge Cyterszpiler said to www.tuttomercatoweb.com.


    "But at this time it's just a rumour and there is nothing official. He didn't have the best best of seasons and he needs to make up for it next season.
    "Liverpool is an option, but there is also Malaga that has the fascination of playing in next season's Champions League.
    "Does he have a preference with regards to playing the Premier League or the Primera Liga? Vargas likes both leagues as well as the Serie A."
    Vargas joined Fiorentina from Catania in 2008 for 12million euros.
    The South American made 24 league appearances for Fiorentina this season.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012

    Alderweireld staying at Ajax
    Last Updated: June 27 2012, 9:07 BST


    Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld insists he has no plans to leave the Dutch champions, even if he is offered a move to the Premier League.


    Toby Alderweireld: Defender is planning to stay at Ajax


    Alderweireld's team-mate Jan Vertonghen is keen to join Tottenham Hotspur and is waiting for a fee to be agreed between the two clubs.
    Newcastle United have been linked with a move for Alderweireld, but the 23-year-old is not planning to follow his fellow centre-half to England.
    "I will stay at Ajax, no matter what," Alderweireld told AD5. "Don't listen to all the rumours you hear."


    The Belgium international, who can also play at right-back, has a further two years left on his contract and Ajax confirmed in March that talks were due to open regarding an extension.
    At the time, Alderweireld also said it would be 'foolish' to leave Ajax now and he wanted to follow the example of Thomas Vermaelen, who spent several seasons at the Amsterdam ArenA before moving to Arsenal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Football Transfer News 26-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-06-2012, 20:24:59
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 26-05-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-05-2012, 16:52:31
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 18-02-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 17:49:51
  4. Latest Transfer News: 29-09-08.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum English (UK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-09-2008, 20:02:42
  5. Latest Transfer News: 27-09-08.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum English (UK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-09-2008, 19:38:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •