Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 28-06-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 28-06-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 28-06-2012

Bayern confirm Mandzukic swoop
    Last Updated: June 28 2012, 9:30 BST

Bayern Munich have confirmed the transfer of Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic from Wolfsburg for an undisclosed fee.

Mario Mandzukic: Completes Bayern move

The 26-year-old will join the Bavarians on a four-year contract, pending a medical which should take place in Munich in the coming days.
    Mandzukic scored 20 goals in 56 appearances for Wolfsburg since joining them from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010. He also netted three times in three games for Croatia at Euro 2012.

"We are very pleased to have signed Mario Mandzukic, who is one of the top strikers in the Bundesliga who proved his goalscoring qualities at Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine," said Bayern's director of sport Christian Nerlinger.
    "He will bring further strength to our squad."
    Mandzukic is the sixth new arrival in Munich this summer, following Xherdan Shaqiri, Dante, Tom Starke, Claudio Pizarro and Mitchell Weiser.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 28-06-2012

Bale signs new Spurs deal
    Last Updated: June 27 2012, 18:22 BST

Gareth Bale is determined to propel Tottenham back into the Champions League after signing a new four-year contract.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester City were linked with a move for Bale, but he has extended his stay at White Hart Lane by a further season until 2016.
    The 22-year-old Wales winger made his decision despite Tottenham's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League.
    Instead, he wants to ensure managerless Spurs are restored to Europe's elite competition for the 2013/14 campaign.

3. Gareth Bale

Appearances 0 (0)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

"I love the club and the fans and I want to play my part in trying to get us back into the Champions League - where we belong."

"The club is progressing and I want to be a part of that, so it was great to get the deal done," Bale told Tottenham's official website, www.tottenhamhotspur.com.
    "I've been here for five years now and I've enjoyed every minute," he said.
    "The fans have been great to me and I'd love to repay them and do the very best for them.
    "The club is progressing and I want to be a part of that, so it was great to get the deal done.
    "I love the club and the fans and I want to play my part in trying to get us back into the Champions League - where we belong.
    "We have a good, young squad and we need to work together to get back on the biggest stage."

Bale's decision to stay is a significant coup for Spurs, who are in a state of flux following the departure of Harry Redknapp last week.
    Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly close to succeeding Redknapp after edging France coach Laurent Blanc for the post.
    A pressing concern for Villas-Boas will be resolving the future of Luka Modric, who has been strongly linked with a transfer to Real Madrid.
    But the pain of losing Modric will be less acute now that Bale, a 7million signing from Southampton in 2007 who is now valued at 40million, has agreed fresh terms.

Hopes of signing Jan Vertonghen are fading, however, due to a clause in the Belgium defender's contract with Ajax.
    Vertonghen is entitled to 15% of the agreed 9.5million transfer deal under the terms of his deal with the Dutch champions.
    Ajax have indicated their reluctance to honour the clause and while the 25-year-old still seeks a move to Tottenham, he is resigned to staying in Amsterdam.
    "This is a shame. I thought that it would be sorted out much sooner," he told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.
    "As it looks now, I'll be at Ajax on July 2. I'm hoping for a solution, but I'm not expecting a solution.
    "I have one advantage: Ajax have got a good coach who knows me.
    "I play in a good, stable squad. Let's become champions with Ajax for the third time in a row."

Gareth Bale factfile:
    1989: Born July 16 in Cardiff.
    2005: Joins Southampton as a trainee.
    2006: April 17 - Aged 16 years, 275 days, becomes second-youngest footballer to play for Southampton in 2-0 Championship win against Millwall.
    May - Makes Wales Under-21 debut against Cyprus. Quickly promoted to the senior squad for a friendly against Trinidad and Tobago, coming off the bench to become Wales' youngest-ever full international at 16 years and 315 days.
    July 16 - Signs first professional contract with Southampton on his 17th birthday.
    August 6 - Scores first goal for Saints with free-kick on opening day of the season in a 2-2 draw at Derby.
    September 5 - Makes first start for Wales in 2-0 defeat to Brazil.
    October 7 - Becomes Wales' youngest-ever goalscorer with a trademark free-kick in a 5-1 defeat to Slovakia.
    2007: January - Bale's agent says he is happy to stay at Southampton despite Manchester United and Tottenham reportedly bidding 10million for the player.
    Both clubs admit their interest.
    May 25 - Bale joins Tottenham.
    August 26 - Makes his first-team debut for Tottenham in a 1-0 defeat at Manchester United.
    September 1 - Scores first Tottenham goal in away draw at Fulham.
    September 15 - Scores in his first north London derby against Arsenal.
    December 2 - Injury against Birmingham rules him out for the rest of the season.
    2009: June - Undergoes knee surgery, ruling him out for the start of the 2009-10 Premier League campaign.
    September 26 - Bale tastes victory as a Premier League player for the first time in 25 attempts in the 5-0 defeat of Burnley.
    2010: January 26 - Secures first victory as a Premier League starter at the 23rd time of asking.
    April - Scores in successive games against Arsenal and Chelsea to help Tottenham finish in the Premier League's top four. Named player of the month.
    May - Signs new four-year deal for Tottenham.
    August 25 - Sets up all four goals as Tottenham beat Young Boys 4-0 in the second leg of their Champions League qualifying game to progress to the group stages.
    October 20 - Scores a scintillating hat-trick against Inter Milan at the San Siro.
    Named Welsh player of the year by the FAW.
    November 2 - Produces man-of-the-match display as Tottenham beat Inter 3-1.
    2011: January 28 - Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp rules out possibility of selling Bale, amid interest from Inter.
    March 19 - Bale signs new four-and-a-half-year deal with Spurs.
    March 24 - Ruled out of Wales' game against England with hamstring injury.
    April 17 -
    Named Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year.
    2012: January - Named in the UEFA team of the year. Also named as Premier League player of the month for the second time.
    June 27: Signs new four-year-contract with Spurs.

Uploads

Van Marwijk quits Holland
    Last Updated: June 27 2012, 21:57 BST

Bert van Marwijk has stepped down as Holland coach, the Dutch FA (KNVB) announced on Wednesday night.

Bert van Marwijk: Stepped down as Holland manager

The 60-year-old's resignation follows a disappointing showing at Euro 2012, in which Oranje were knocked out at the group stage without taking a point.
    A statement on the KNVB's website said: "On the initiative of Bert van Marwijk, the KNVB and Bert van Marwijk decided on Wednesday to end the coach's contract with immediate effect.
    "The agreement between the FA and coach officially ran until the 2016 European Championship."

Portugal 2 - 1 Netherland
    Netherland 1 - 2 Germany
    Netherland 0 - 1 Denmark

Holland arrived in Poland and Ukraine as one of the favourites for the title after finishing runners-up to Spain at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
    However, they failed to get out of a Group B containing Germany, Denmark and Portugal, losing all three of their matches to finish at the bottom of the table.
    The failure prompted the KNVB to hold a number of meetings with Van Marwijk about what went wrong.
    And the coach opted to leave his post on Wednesday night - albeit reluctantly - a decision which was accepted by the governing body.
    "I have severe doubts, but have decided to take this step anyway," Van Marwijk said in a short statement.

The head of the KNVB, Bert van Oostveen, added: "The KNVB are grateful to Van Marwijk. He has performed exceptionally well in the World Cup finals and took them to first place in the FIFA rankings.
    "I personally had a very good feeling about our co-operation.
    "Of course it is sad to part early, but we must be realistic."

Van Marwijk, who has previously held the reins at Feyenoord and Borussia Dortmund, took charge of the national team in 2008.
    The KNVB will now begin the search for his successor, with Holland aiming to have a new coach in place before their friendly against Belgium on August 15 and the start of their 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Uploads

Foster first choice for Baggies
    Last Updated: June 28 2012, 9:01 BST

West Brom are stepping up their bid to sign Birmingham keeper Ben Foster on a permanent basis, Press Association Sport understands.

Ben Foster: Negotiations are ongoing

New Blues boss Lee Clark admitted on Wednesday that negotiations are "ongoing" with Albion regarding Foster.
    Cologne keeper Michael Rensing is also believed to be on the list of possible contenders being targeted by the Baggies.
    However, Foster remains their number one choice after his outstanding form when on loan from Birmingham last season.

1. Ben Foster

Appearances 0 (0)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

He played a major role in West Brom finishing in the top 10 of the Barclays Premier League and was voted the club's player of the year.
    Foster was linked strongly with a move to QPR before they signed Robert Green from West Ham, but the former Manchester United keeper has often made it clear he would be happy to remain at the Hawthorns.
    Rensing will only come into the equation if attempts to sign Foster fall through.
    Albion are also looking to sign a new left-back after the departure of Nicky Shorey at the end of last season.
    But any hopes of bringing in Danny Rose on loan from Tottenham will have to be put on ice until the London club have resolved their managerial situation.
    Midfielder Keith Andrews, who signed a short term contract with Albion after leaving Blackburn in January, is expected to move to Bolton.

Uploads

McDermott - Pav just fab
    Last Updated: June 28 2012, 8:53 BST

Reading boss Brian McDermott has hailed the character of Pavel Pogrebnyak, believing he will fit in well with the Royals next term.

Pavel Pogrebnyak: Will fit in well at Reading, says McDermott

The Premier League new-boys have spent time pursuing the Russian striker, helped by Reading's new Russian owner Anton Zingarevich, after the 28-year-old failed to agree a deal with Fulham following six goals in 12 appearances for the Cottagers last term.
    McDermott believes Pogrebnyak, who is due a work permit hearing this week, will fit in well with his side as they bid to stay in the top flight next term.
    The Reading boss told the Daily Mirror: "The owner had a chat with Pavel about six weeks ago, towards the end of last season. I met him, too.

"He took a long time. He showed us a lot of respect and we're delighted to get him. It shows where we are going as a club.
    "He's a great transfer for us. An excellent player.
    "But what more drew me to him was that he is a good person. A good character. He works really hard for the team and fits into what all of my players have shown over the last season.
    "We kept talking over those six weeks. We needed him to know how important it was to us to get him. That was made very, very clear."
    McDermott also hailed Zingarevich's input in the transfer, saying: "Obviously, it was an advantage to me that Anton is Russian and could speak to him.
    "But I wouldn't say we brought him in because he is Russian. He fits the bill. He fits the mould of what we want."

Uploads

Parma swoop for Pabon
    Last Updated: June 28 2012, 8:50 BST

Parma have signed striker Dorlan Pabon from Atletico Nacional, the club confirmed on Thursday.

Dorlan Pabon: Pens a five-year deal with Parma

The Serie A outfit have been looking to boost their attacking options after selling Italy playmaker Sebastian Giovinco to Juventus last week and have settled on the 24-year-old.
    A statement from Parma read: "It is with great satisfaction that we announce the acquisition of Colombian striker Dorlan Pabon from Atletico Nacional Medellin."
    The Colombia international has put pen to paper on a five-year deal with the Italian club.
    Pabon scored a total of 50 goals in 71 games for Nacional since joining the Medellin outfit in 2010.

Uploads

Miccoli set for Dubai switch
    Last Updated: June 28 2012, 9:36 BST

Fabrizio Miccoli's agent has confirmed his client is set to play in Dubai next season.

Fabrizio Miccoli: Ongoing negotiations over Dubai switch

The Palermo striker will become a free agent on Sunday and is a reported target of United Arab Emirates club Al Nasr, coached by former Italy goalkeeper Walter Zenga.
    "There is nothing official yet but there is an ongoing negotiation for Miccoli to move to Dubai," Miccoli's agent Francesco Caliandro said to Sport Italia.
    The 33-year-old joined Palermo from Juventus in 2007 and scored 16 goals in 28 league appearances for Palermo last season.

Uploads

PSG part of Destro chase

French giants join top Italian sides in the hunt for promising forward
    Last Updated: June 28, 2012 9:38am

Mattia Destro: Expected to be on the move this summer

Paris St Germain are among those chasing the signature of highly-rated forward Mattia Destro, according to his current employers Siena.
    The 21-year-old, who is co-owned by Siena and Genoa, is known to be interesting a number of top Italian clubs.
    Inter Milan, Roma and Juventus are all reported to be keen on acquiring his services.

His profile is on the rise outside of Serie A, though, and PSG would welcome the opportunity to take Destro to France.
    He is under contract in Italy until June 2015, but there is every chance that he will be bought out of that agreement this summer.
    "It's not just Roma, Inter Milan and Juventus who are monitoring Mattia Destro," Siena's sporting director Stefano Antonelli told Sky Italia.
    Evaluation

"Foreign clubs have also expressed an interest in him.
    "He is an important player and for that reason, we need time to reflect and make the right evaluation.
    "Paris St Germain are interested and there are also other clubs abroad that are very keen on the player."
    Meanwhile, PSG have announced that Brazilian full-back Marcos Ceara has been released from his contract.
    Ceara, who has spent the last five years at Parc des Princes, rarely featured under Carlo Ancelotti last season and has been freed from his deal a year early.

Uploads

Taarabt open to deal talks

Playmaker keen to extend his stay at Loftus Road
    Last Updated: June 28, 2012 9:06am

Adel Taarabt: Claims to be attracting interest, but says he would like to stay at Loftus Road

Adel Taarabt is looking to open talks regarding a contract extension at Queens Park Rangers, with it his desire to take in a prolonged stay at Loftus Road.
    The Morocco international appeared destined to be on his way out of the club last summer, as talk of big-money moves elsewhere dominated the transfer window.
    Ambitious French outfit Paris St Germain were reported to be keen, with offers believed to have been put on the table.
    No deal was struck, though, and Taarabt spent the 2011/12 campaign battling for Premier League survival with QPR.
    He struggled to produce the kind of form he displayed in helping QPR back into the top-flight, with Neil Warnock and Mark Hughes overlooking him at times.
    Offers

It was suggested that he may look to move on this summer, with there no shortage of interest in his services.
    Taarabt admits he has been targeted by a number of sides, with only 12 months left to run on his current contract, but insists he would be happy to agree fresh terms with his current employers.
    "I want to stay at QPR," the 23-year-old playmaker said in the Daily Mirror.
    "I have received offers from other Premier League clubs, but my deal is signed until June 2013 and I want to increase the contract.
    "My agent has a document from the club about their long-term project, and it's very interesting to me."

Uploads

Balotelli exit talk dismissed
    Last Updated: June 28 2012, 9:57 BST

Mario Balotelli has no intention of leaving Manchester City and returning to Italy, according to his agent.

Balotelli: Will not be returning to Italy, says agent

Recent speculation has linked the enigmatic striker with Serie A champions Juventus but agent Mino Raiola has rubbished talk that the 21-year-old will be making a return to his homeland.
    Raiola, whose client is preparing for Thursday's Euro 2012 semi-final with Germany, insists the current state of the game is a huge factor in Balotelli remaining at the Etihad.
    "Maybe I have not been clear - Balotelli can't come back to Italy," Raiola said.

"Italian football's economic situation means that at the moment top players can't come to Italy.
    "In football, nothing is impossible, but Mario hasn't spoken to me.
    "He has no intention to come back. City and the coach are relying on him."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast