Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012



    Mario - City still love me

    Balotelli still committed to club but focused on 'special' night
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 10:10am




    Mario Balotelli: Hoping for a special victory against Spain on Sunday night

    Mario Balotelli remains committed to Manchester City and has no worries about the reception he will receive at the start of the season after helping to knock England out of Euro 2012.
    Balotelli has been one of Italy's star performers at this summer's international tournament and turned in a match-winning display against Germany in the semi-finals.
    He had previously featured in the last-eight victory over England but is sure that he has not upset Manchester City supporters.

    Balotelli's agent has reiterated this week that his client will be staying at the Etihad Stadium following fresh transfer speculation, and the striker insists that he has no intention of returning to Italy to play his club football.
    He said: "Come back now? I go back to Manchester.
    "The City fans always want me, even though they are British - and I have helped eliminate their national team."
    Happy

    Balotelli played his part in Manchester City's title-winning success and is now hoping Italy can claim European glory by beating Spain in Kiev on Sunday night.
    "It's been a special year for me," said Balotelli.
    "We won the Premier League at Manchester City last season - so having a good season doesn't depend on me winning the Euros.
    "Yes, it would be something special for me but if we don't win it, it wouldn't spoil the other things."
    Balotelli is confident that Italy can topple the reigning world and European champions, while he also knows that he could finish as the tournament's leading scorer if he adds to his current tally of three.

    "I am really happy and, on Sunday, I hope I will be even more happy," said the 21-year-old.
    "We are in the final. We are one of the two best teams in the tournament, so we have to go there and play to win."
    Balotelli added: "Yes, to be top scorer on my own I have to score another goal.
    "I will try but in football you try many times and the ball does not enter the goal."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Montpellier land Mounier

    Nice winger joins champions for a reported €3.25million (2.62m)
    Last Updated: June 29, 2012 10:58pm




    Anthony Mounier: Joined champions Montpellier from Nice on a four-year deal

    Nice winger Anthony Mounier has switched to Ligue 1 champions Montpellier on a four-year deal.
    The 24-year-old has moved to the Stade de la Mosson for a reported €3.25million (2.62m).
    Montpellier beat St Etienne and Mounier's former club, Lyon - for whom he made 20 Ligue 1 appearances before he left in 2009 - to his signature.

    He is the third player to join the champions this summer following the capture of defender Daniel Congre from Toulouse and attacker Gaetan Charbonnier from second-tier club Angers.
    But the champions have lost star striker Olivier Giroud, with last season's Ligue 1 leading scorer joining English giants Arsenal.
    Rene Girard's team are preparing for a crack at next season's UEFA Champions League after winning the French title for the first time in their history.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Millers close on 10th signing
    Last Updated: June 29, 2012 10:33pm




    Evans: Cut short his holiday

    Rotherham are hoping to confirm their 10th summer signing within the next 24 hours.
    Millers boss Steve Evans has cut short his summer holidays in order to complete the formalities.
    "I've spoken to [chief operating officer] Paul Douglas and I'm confident that the transfer will be completed in the next 24 hours," Evans told the club's official website.

    "As always though I will not be revealing anything until the player has put pen to paper and the appropriate documentation has been processed.
    "Once I've heard from Paul Douglas that everything is sealed then I will let the fans know straight away."
    The Millers are scheduled to report back for pre-season training on Monday morning.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Cummings makes Dons move
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 6:41pm




    Cummings: Signed Dons deal

    Scotland international Warren Cummings has joined Wimbledon on a free transfer after leaving Bournemouth earlier last month.
    The experienced left-back played over 300 games for the Cherries during a 10-year spell at the club, but was released last month having finished the season on loan at Crawley.
    Dons manager Terry Brown, who fended off interest from several other clubs, told the club's official website: "Warren is a major capture for us at left-back. He's the one that I had set my heart on us signing. His track record is fantastic and he's had numerous offers from other clubs, but I'm very pleased that Warren has decided to join us.
    "He is very technically gifted and has a sweet left foot and he is used to playing our passing style of football at Bournemouth."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Pogrebnyak agrees Reading terms

    Russian passes Royals medical and waits on international clearance
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 10:15am




    Pavel Pogrebnyak: Reading are reported to have offered the striker 65,000 a week

    Reading expect to complete the signing of Pavel Pogrebnyak in the next seven days as they only await a work permit after agreeing personal terms with the Russia striker.
    Royals boss Brian McDermott revealed earlier this week a deal for Pogrebnyak had been struck.
    And after the player passed his medical, Reading say they anticipate the deal to be completed in the coming days.
    "Reading football club has agreed terms with Pavel Pogrebnyak to join the club," read a statement on their official website.
    "The player has already completed a medical and the deal is now only subject to the player obtaining a UK work permit.
    Four-year deal

    "Reading football club anticipate completing the signing within the next seven days."
    Pogrebnyak is out of contract this summer and it has been reported Premier League new boys Reading had offered him a four-year deal worth around 65,000 a week.
    The 28-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Fulham from German side Stuttgart, netting six goals in 12 appearances, but he rejected the offer of a permanent deal with the Cottagers.
    Confirmation of the deal comes a day after Reading secured the signing of midfielder Danny Guthrie on a three-year contract.
    The 25-year-old former Newcastle player completed his medical on Friday and will formally complete the move on Sunday.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Kean: My job is secure
    Last Updated: June 30 2012, 11:06 BST


    Steve Kean insists he retains the full backing of Blackburn's owners.


    Steve Kean: 'I'm delighted that we're moving forward again'


    Despite overseeing Rovers' relegation from the Barclays Premier League last season amid significant supporter unrest, Kean remains in position after a summer of change behind the scenes at Ewood Park.
    Former Preston chairman Derek Shaw was confirmed as the club's new managing director this week, while former press officer Paul Agnew moved from the post of general manager to operational director.
    One-time Malaysian defender and television pundit Shebby Singh is Rovers' new director of football but, despite the upheaval, Kean insists his position has never been under threat as he unveiled maiden summer signing, Danny Murphy.


    Asked whether he had to fight for his job during summer meetings with controversial Indian owners Venky's, the Scot said: "No. We had some great open conversations and I'm delighted that we're moving forward again.
    "I gave an assessment of where I felt last year there were a few things we could have done better. Obviously there were some games that could have gone our way and they didn't for whatever reason.


    "We had as open a conversation as we always do - it's always the same format. That was carried on to another meeting in India and another meeting in Zurich and that brings us to where we are - in a positive position with a fantastic signing."
    Ex-Liverpool and England midfielder Murphy, who has ended a successful five-year stint with Fulham to move back to the north west, was pragmatic in his assessment of Blackburn's previous campaign, where the club at times appeared to lurch from one controversy to another.
    "It's hard for me to comment because I don't know much about it, so it would be ill-informed opinion really," he said.
    "I think football clubs go through good and bad cycles.
    "I've been involved in clubs before where it's gone down and then back up - not down as in relegation, but down in terms of turmoil and trouble.


    "I think when new owners and a new manager takes over, there's going to be problems and there's going to be things that arise.
    "Ultimately the results on the football pitch are what determines the fans' state of mind."
    In some quarters Kean is doing little to improve that mindset, but Murphy maintains the 44-year-old's coaching vision was a key factor in persuading him to drop down a division.


    "Steve was a big factor because he likes to play football the way I like to play - obviously because he wouldn't have gone for a player like me otherwise," added Murphy, who has penned a two-year deal.
    "There was enthusiasm when he spoke about what he wants to do this season - bounce back and give the supporters something to cheer about this year rather than the negativity of last year."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    De Jong will cost 'stupid money'

    McClaren does not want to sell Newcastle target
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 11:29am




    Luuk de Jong: FC Twente are thought to value to striker at in the region of 12.5m

    Former England manager Steve McClaren has warned Newcastle United they will have to pay 'stupid money' to tempt FC Twente to sell Luuk de Jong.
    Sky Sports sources on Friday reported a delegation from St James' Park had travelled to Holland to hold talks regarding the Dutchman.
    Newcastle are understood to have failed in an initial 8million bid for De Jong earlier in June and Twente boss McClaren remains unwilling to sell.
    The former Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest manager is quoted as telling Dutch media: "Luuk de Jong would stay if it were up to me - unless stupid money is offered.


    "The club know what I think about it."
    It has in the past been reported Twente value De Jong at closer to at least 12.5m so it remains to be seen whether Newcastle are prepared to meet that asking price.
    Magpies boss Alan Pardew had in January shown interest in the 21-year-old, who was an unused member of Holland's disappointing Euro 2012 squad, but he instead decided to bring in Papiss Cisse from Freiburg.
    De Jong has also been linked with Tottenham, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund after scoring 39 goals in 76 games for Twente.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Swans - No Duplan bid

    Jenkins aware of Utrecht winger but denies making approach
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 2:56pm



    Edouard Duplan: Linked with a move to Swansea but there has been no offer


    Swansea have denied making an offer for Utrecht winger Edouard Duplan and have insisted he is just one of many players that have been mentioned.


    Utrecht director Wilco van Schaik was quoted as saying earlier this week that the Premier League club had submitted a bid that was rejected.
    However, Swans chairman Huw Jenkins has now set the record straight by insisting that there has been no approach.
    Duplan has a year left on his Utrecht contract and Jenkins admits that Swansea know about his situation, but says that they are considering numerous options.


    "We haven't submitted any bid to Utrecht, I don't know where this story has come from," he said in the South Wales Evening Post.
    "As a club we're aware of him but he is only one of a host of players that have been mentioned."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Bocanegra wants Gers stay

    American waiting until after vote to decide on future
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 2:06pm



    Carlos Bocanegra: Loves Rangers and hopes to stay at Ibrox


    Carlos Bocanegra has made it clear that he would like to commit his future to Rangers but he will first wait to discover which division the club will be playing in for the upcoming season.
    Charles Green's new company is unlikely to gain enough support for entry to the Scottish Premier League when the 12 top-flight clubs meet on Wednesday to vote on the issue.
    It is unclear whether the newco would drop into the First Division or Third Division, and Bocanegra is eager to find out for certain before he makes a decision.
    The American insists he is happy at Ibrox after arriving from St Etienne last summer, having settled in Glasgow and embraced his new surroundings.
    "I want to stay at Rangers - I love that place," Bocanegra said in the Daily Record.
    "I've grown to enjoy the atmosphere going into training every day, the city, the culture and the lifestyle there.
    Taken away

    "There's a ruling coming up on whether we stay in the SPL or not and after that I will really have to do some serious thinking and speak to all the coaching staff and other players.
    "Then I'll know more and I'd like to stay if everything works out."
    Bocanegra has already had to accept that he will not fulfil his UEFA Champions League ambitions at Rangers, with a European exile in place for three years after the old club's fall into liquidation.
    "The biggest thing for me with Rangers was Champions League football because I'd never been able to play that in my career," he said.
    "That was the one competition I'd never been a part of - so the lure of playing in the Champions League was a huge attraction.
    "But now that has been taken away from us, I've come to terms with the fact it might never happen."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012

    Lafferty adds to exodus

    Northern Ireland international swaps newco Rangers for Sion
    Last Updated: June 30, 2012 2:05pm




    Kyle Lafferty: Has signed a three-year contract with Swiss club FC Sion

    Kyle Lafferty is the latest player to find a change of scene from newco Rangers after Swiss club FC Sion announced the signing of the striker on a three-year contract.
    The confirmation on Saturday afternoon came less than one hour after Norwich City had revealed the signing of Steven Whittaker subject to international clearance.


    Both players had earlier this week rejected the transfer of their contracts to Charles Green's newco Rangers.
    Northern Ireland international Lafferty will now be officially unveiled as a Sion player at a media conference on Monday before joining his new club-mates for pre-season.


    The 24-year-old had been at Rangers since 2008 and in that time made nine appearances in the UEFA Champions League.
    Lafferty's new employers announced his arrival in a statement on their official website, which read: "FC Sion have signed the Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty for the next three seasons."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Football Transfer News 29-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 00:18:11
  2. New Latest Football Transfer News 28-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-06-2012, 00:11:07
  3. New Latest Football Transfer News 27-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 19:18:50
  4. New Latest Football Transfer News 26-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-06-2012, 20:24:59
  5. Latest Transfer News: 29-09-08.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum English (UK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-09-2008, 20:02:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •