Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 02-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 02-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 02-07-2012

Santos want to keep Ramirez

Teenage midfielder has been linked with a move to Celtic
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 8:57am

Candido Ramirez: Santos Laguna's teenage midfielder has been linked with a move to Celtic

Santos Laguna are hoping to persuade Candido Ramirez to stay with the club after Celtic showed interest in the teenage midfielder.
    Celtic have a co-operation agreement with the Mexican side and are reportedly keen to bring Ramirez to Parkhead over the summer.
    However, while Santos are confident Ramirez is capable of playing in Europe, they would prefer the 19-year-old to continue his development with them.

"Candido is very talented and will make a big impression in Europe soon," Santos director Eduardo Rergis is quoted by the Daily Record.
    "But we would prefer him to mature in Mexico before he takes the next big step.
    "Celtic have said they are interested but we will see what happens with him."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 02-07-2012

Swiss warn Gers over Lafferty

Sion will refuse to pay any money for striker
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 9:05am

Kyle Lafferty: Left Rangers to join Swiss club FC Sion on a free transfer

FC Sion chairman Christian Constantin insists they will not pay Rangers any money for new signing Kyle Lafferty.
    Lafferty has joined the Swiss the club on a three-year deal after walking out of Ibrox following his refusal to switch his contract to Charles Green's newco Rangers.
    The Northern Ireland international has moved to Sion on the proviso that he is a free agent after rejecting the chance to switch to the newco.

Green is thought to be pursuing compensation for losing Lafferty and several other top stars, but Constantin is adamant he will not pay anything for Lafferty and fully expects FIFA to rule in his favour
    "I'm aware of the problems facing them but there are no problems for me with these players. They are free," Constantin told the Daily Record.
    "There is no contract for the players, there will be no problem with FIFA."

Uploads

Agent - Spurs want Dzagoev

CSKA Moscow schemer urged not to repeat Zhirkov's mistake
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 7:38am

Alan Dzagoev: CSKA Moscow's Russia international is wanted by Tottenham, according to his agent

Alan Dzagoev's father and agent has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur have shown an interest in signing the Russia international from CSKA Moscow.
    The attacker impressed during the group phase of Euro 2012 and his performances have prompted speculation that he could leave CSKA during the transfer window.
    He is being placed in the 15million bracket and there have been conflicting reports about whether Dzagoev is out of contract at CSKA at the end of the year.

Dzagoev admitted during the European Championship that he would be keen to take on a new challenge at some point and has previously revealed an interest in playing for Chelsea if he were to move to the Premier League.
    Arsenal were linked with the 22-year-old, but now his father Tariel says North London rivals Spurs are keen to take Dzagoev to White Hart Lane.

However, having seen fellow Russia international Yury Zhirkov struggle to make an impact at Chelsea, Tariel Dzagoev believes there is no rush for his son to leave CSKA.
    "I don't know if he will stay at CSKA," Tariel Dzagoev is quoted by the Daily Mail. "There are offers - from Spurs and other clubs.
    "But I tell him not to hurry. Yury Zhirkov ran off to Chelsea and sat on the bench."

Uploads

De Jong ready to move on

FC Twente striker looking to play in a bigger league
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 8:41am

Luuk de Jong: FC Twente striker is ready to move to a bigger league and is wanted by Newcastle

Luuk de Jong's agent says the striker has decided to leave FC Twente this summer and insists money will not be a factor behind his next move.
    The Netherlands international scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie last season and he is a target for Newcastle United and Borussia Monchengladbach.
    Newcastle have already failed with one bid of €10million (8million) and they are reported to have upped that to €12million (10milion).
    Twente are understood to want in excess of €15million (12.1m) for De Jong, with the Magpies having sent a delegation to Holland at the end of last week to hold talks.
    Alan Pardew's side may now have been given further encouragement regarding their interest in De Jong after his agent Louis Laros confirmed the forward is ready to move on.
    Development

"Luuk has taken the decision to move on," Laros told TC Tubantia. "He wants to develop as a player in a bigger league.
    "The important thing for us is the development of Luuk. Not the money, but the way of playing and the amount of playing time he will get will be decisive.
    "Luuk scored 25 goals in the Dutch league last season, how many more does he need to score? 35?"
    He added in Voetbal International: "Luuk is still a Twente player. If the right club comes along then he will happily make the move.
    "The club doesn't need to be a top club, but a good club in a big league where Luuk can play regularly and develop as a player."

Uploads

Deschamps leaves Marseille
    Last Updated: July 2 2012, 9:24 BST

Ligue 1 side Marseille have announced that coach Didier Deschamps has left the club by mutual agreement.

Didier Deschamps: Leaves Marseille

The 43-year-old's future at Marseille had been uncertain with reports claiming he wanted to leave the club he had once captained after three years in charge.
    There was further speculation after Laurent Blanc stepped down as France boss on Saturday, with his former Les Bleus team-mate instantly linked with succeeding him in the role.
    On Monday the club finally put to an end such rumours by releasing a statement on their official website which reveals Deschamps' future had been unclear for some time.

It read: "Didier Deschamps was received on May 23 by club officials to prepare for the 2012-2013 season.
    "Didier Deschamps stated his desire to leave OM and the terms of his departure were considered.
    "In the days that followed, Mr Didier Deschamps repeatedly confirmed that he was and remained the coach of OM.
    "Olympique de Marseille and Didier Deschamps have finally decided by mutual agreement not to continue working for the 2012-2013 season.

"Olympique de Marseille thank Didier Deschamps for his work for the team for three years and wish him good luck for the future.
    "Didier Deschamps thanks Olympique de Marseille for their support throughout these last three seasons."

Uploads

Balotelli worth 200m

Any deal for the striker would smash record of 80m for Ronaldo
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 11:25am

Mario Balotelli: The striker was in tears after Italy's record breaking 4-0 defeat to Spain in the Euro 2012 final

Mario Balotelli has had a 200million price tag slapped on him by his agent after reports in Italy linked him with a move away from Manchester City.
    In a mixed Euro 2012 for the striker, he scored two goals against Germany to put Italy into the final where they were crushed 4-0 by Spain.
    These goals won the 21-year-old many admirers back in Italy and both AC Milan, the team he supports, and his former club Inter are reported to be interested in signing him this summer.
    But his agent Mino Raiola has played down any talk of the controversial striker walking out on the newly crowned Premier League champions.
    "I'm 200% certain that Mario will not return to Italy at least while I'm his agent," Raiola told Sky Italia.
    Worth

"I have always said that Mario Balotelli is one player that could become the strongest in the world. He is probably amongst the strongest in Europe.
    "How much is he worth? He is worth what the market says, he is one that can make a difference.
    "In the actual market I don't think there is a value for him but if I had to give a price I would say he is worth 250million (201.3m).
    "I say this to give a figure but you would have to ask the City owner (Sheikh Mansour) how much he is worth."

Uploads

Villa clinch El Ahmadi deal

Midfielder delighted to be Lambert's first signing as manager
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 12:32pm

Karim El Ahmadi: Morocco international has joined Aston Villa on a three-year deal from Feyenoord

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has wrapped up his first signing after completing the capture of midfielder Karim El Ahmadi from Feyenoord.
    The Morocco international has signed a three-year contract at Villa Park after Lambert confirmed last week that he was hoping to add the 27-year-old to his squad.
    El Ahmadi is looking forward to the chance to play in the Premier League and is hoping to be an influential figure for Villa next season.
    "I'm very excited about coming here to a massive club and I'm looking forward to playing here," El Ahmadi told the club's official website.
    "As a player, I always want to have the ball and that is my main quality. I always want the ball and to dictate the game. That's what I did at Feyenoord and hopefully I can show the fans, the club and the manager my quality."
    Karim El Ahmadi Quotes of the week
    Very happy

"I'm very happy that the manager wants me and that the club wants me and I'm looking forward to starting training again.
    "It's nice that I am the manager's first transfer and I am looking forward to doing good things with the team and with the club this year.
    "This club should be competing in the top half of the table and I am looking forward to achieving that with the team.
    "I came to this club and spoke to the people here and they gave me great confidence in what we can do this year, so I have chosen to come.
    "As a player, I always want to have the ball and that is my main quality. I always want the ball and to dictate the game. That's what I did at Feyenoord and hopefully I can show the fans, the club and the manager my quality."

Villa boss Lambert added: "Karim will help the team, I have no doubt about that.
    "He's a really good footballer and he's played well in a good team, a big team, and I'm looking forward to working with him.
    "In fact, I'm really looking forward to getting things going on Thursday when the lads will report back for pre-season."

Uploads

Popovic denies Inzaghi talks

Veteran striker's search for a club continues after leaving AC Milan
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 10:47am

Filippo Inzaghi: Has left AC Milan and has been linked with Australian side Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Filippo Inzaghi's much talked about move to Australian side Western Sydney Wanderers FC is in doubt after coach Tony Popovic denied any discussions have taken place.
    The 38-year-old striker is out of contract after his deal at AC Milan ran out in the summer and has been tipped to be the Wanderers' big-name signing ahead of the 2012/13 season.
    His Australian agent Lou Nesci spent the weekend talking up the move after Inzaghi turned down a coaching role at Milan in a bid to extend his playing career.
    "Filippo is certainly keen to come to Australia and the Wanderers would seem to be a good fit," he said. "Especially with a sizeable Italian community in that part of Sydney.

"I feel he would excite people. He's still scoring goals and still fit to play at a very high level despite his age. I feel he would give Wanderers extra appeal in terms of putting bums on seats.
    "I realise some clubs might worry about his age after previous bad experiences with imports but I feel they should have no concerns on that score on this occasion. He has a curiosity to come to Australia and perform."
    No discussions

But Popovic insists he has not had any contact with Italy's all-time leading scorer in European competition.
    "There'll be talk of players every day, which you understand, but I've had no discussions about (Inzaghi)," Popovic said.
    "A name like that will always excite the fans and people around football to see if it's possible. But a name in a paper is far away from becoming a reality."

Uploads

United confirm Owen exit

Striker heads list of official Old Trafford departures
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 10:07am

Michael Owen: Looking for a new club after leaving Manchester United

Manchester United have thanked Michael Owen for his service and wished him well for the future after confirming the release of the striker and three other players.
    Owen announced at the end of last season that he would be leaving Old Trafford after the club decided not to offer him a new contract.
    He had not featured for the Red Devils since November due to a thigh injury but has ruled out retirement and reports suggest he could join Stoke this summer.

Owen joined United in 2009 and has been an important squad player over the past three years, having previously played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle.
    United have also confirmed the departure of Tomasz Kuszczak, who has already been snapped up by Championship club Brighton after five years at Old Trafford.

Fellow goalkeepers Liam Jacob and Joe Coll, both 18, have also been released by United.
    Oldham have agreed a deal to bring in promising Australian Jacob on a one-year contract.

Uploads

Zanetti would welcome duo

Skipper feels Silvestre and Destro are 'worthy' of Nerazzurri colours
    Last Updated: July 2, 2012 4:57pm

Javier Zanetti: Would welcome the arrivals of Silvestre and Destro

Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti feels the arrivals of Palermo defender Matias Silvestre and Siena striker Mattia Destro this summer would provide a welcome boost.
    Argentina centre-back Silvestre is reportedly just a few steps away from completing an 11million transfer from Palermo to Inter.
    The Nerazzurri are also in the race to acquire Destro, who is co-owned by Siena and Genoa.
    "Destro and Silvestre are two players worthy of wearing the Inter colours," Zanetti said to Corriere dello Sport. "They would strengthen our side."

Argentina striker Rodrigo Palacio is the only acquisition made by the Nerazzurri outfit so far, with the Argentinian striker having joined Inter on a permanent transfer from Genoa.
    Zanetti knows Inter have to strengthen their squad this summer if they are to compete for the league title next year.
    Inter finished a disappointing sixth this season.
    The skipper said: "As it is right now there are teams that are better equipped than us for the scudetto."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast