Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 04-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 04-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 04-07-2012

English bid for Ilicic

Palermo shun offer from 'mid-table club'
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 8:48am

Josip Ilicic: Subject of a bid from England

Josip Ilicic's agent has revealed that Palermo have rejected a bid from a Premier League club for the Slovenian ace.
    The 24-year-old arrived in Italy in 2010 and has emerged as a real talent which has seen the likes of Inter Milan and Lazio linked in recent weeks.
    The midfielder is also attracting interest from England but it appears that Chelsea and Liverpool, who were linked to him last season, are not the club to have made a bid.

Amir Ruznic describes the bid as being from a 'solid mid-table club' from England.
    "I can confirm that Palermo got an offer from one of the Premier League clubs," Ruznic told Zurnal24.
    "But Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini immediately rejected it. He really didn't want to hear about all this.
    "I can't tell you which club wanted Josip, as they could return with another offer. But I can say that we are talking about a solid mid-table club."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 04-07-2012

Villa eye Rennes ace

Lambert considers loan move for midfielder
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 8:06am

Yacine Brahimi: Ready to quit Rennes and has been linked with Aston Villa

Rennes midfielder Yacine Brahimi has admitted he is ready to quit the club after Aston Villa reportedly made a move for his services.
    The talented 22-year-old is a playmaker or winger, originally schooled at Clairefontaine before going through the youth system at Paris St Germain and Rennes.

Brahimi, who made his first-team debut for Rennes in 2009, has played for France at every age group from Under-16 to Under-21 - although he could yet switch his international allegiance to Algeria.
    Club wise Brahimi has admitted he is ready to leave Rennes after starting just six league games last season, despite being regarded very highly.

"They do not count on me at Rennes," he told RMC.
    "With the style of play there are times where I don't play - our relationship is broken now and I have reached the point of no return."
    Borussia Monchengladbach and Sochaux have both been strongly linked, but French sources claim that Paul Lambert is keen to snap him up and has made an offer to loan the player for a season with a view to a permanent deal next summer.

Uploads

PSG reject Terry talk

Ancelotti rules out reunion with Blues skipper

John Terry: The Chelsea skipper lifted the Champions League trophy in May after his team-mates beat Bayern Munich on penalties

Carlo Ancelotti has dismissed rumours he is planning to take Chelsea skipper John Terry to money-bags French side Paris Saint Germain.
    The England man was skipper under Ancelotti during his time in charge at the west London club between 2009 and 2011.
    Reports in England has suggested Terry was a target for big-spending PSG this summer.

But Ancelotti says he has no plans to reunite with the 31-year-old defender who lifted the Champions League trophy in May to spearhead his challenge for the French title.
    "We are looking for a central defender. The club is in contact with some players, but not John Terry," Ancelotti said.
    "Last year, we ranked second. This year, we clearly want to be champions. There's also the Champions League, which will be as important as Ligue 1. But I think it will be easier to win the league."

Uploads

Gladbach extend Favre contract
    Last Updated: July 4 2012, 9:00 BST

Borussia Monchengladbach have extended the contract of coach Lucien Favre until 2015.

Lucien Favre: Excited for 'attractive challenges' that await
    The former Hertha Berlin coach has led the club from the brink of relegation to a place in the Champions League in just over 12 months and has now been rewarded with a new deal.
    "Lucien Favre is exactly the right coach for Borussia and we are delighted that we will continue along the path we have been following with him," said the club's director of sport Max Eberl.
    Favre has been involved in negotiations with Monchengladbach for several months and doubts had been raised whether he would commit to a new contract.

His achievements with the club have not gone unnoticed with his name being linked to several top clubs, including Marseille and Bayern Munich.
    However, the 54-year-old expressed his delight at finally reaching an agreement.
    "I have been holding talks for a long time with the board and the management and I am now pleased with this contract extension and the attractive challenges which lie ahead of us," he said.
    Favre took charge of the Foals in February 2011 when they were rooted to the bottom of the Bundesliga.
    He managed to keep them up with victory in a relegation play-off against Bochum before guiding the club to a surprise fourth-placed finish last season.

Next season, he will have to do without the likes of Marco Reus, Dante and Roman Neustadter, but Alvaro Dominquez, Granit Xhaka and Peniel Mlapa have been signed as replacements.

Uploads

Villas-Boas lands Tottenham job

Andre Villas-Boas is "privileged" to become Tottenham head coach and foresees a bright future for the north Londoners.

Andre Villas-Boas: New Tottenham head coach
    Weeks of speculation were ended on Tuesday when the Portuguese was named as successor to Harry Redknapp, who left White Hart Lane last month.
    Villas-Boas has penned a deal until 2015 with Spurs, where he will be hoping to make a bigger and better impact than he did during his ill-fated spell with Chelsea.
    The 34-year-old was sacked by the Blues last season just eight months into a three-year contract and is relishing the opportunity to rebuild his once burgeoning reputation at Tottenham.
    "Tottenham Hotspur is a great club with a strong tradition and fantastic support, both at home and throughout the world," Villas-Boas told the club's official website, www.tottenhamhotspur.com.
    "I feel privileged to be its coach. For me, this is one of the most exciting coaching positions in the Premier League.
    "I have had several discussions with the chairman and the board and I share their vision for the future progress of the club.
    "This is a squad any coach would love to work with and together I believe we can bring success in the seasons ahead."

Villas-Boas has been amongst the favourites throughout Spurs' hunt for a new manager despite his torrid time at Stamford Bridge.
    His spell in west London was dogged by claims of player unrest as his side struggled to reach expectations, resulting in his March departure.
    Roberto Di Matteo's subsequent success raised further questions over his managerial ability, but Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has no doubts that Villas-Boas is the best man for job.
    "I am delighted that Andre has agreed to become our new head coach," he said of Villas-Boas, who brings with him first-team fitness coach Jose Mario Rocha and head of opposition scouting Daniel Sousa.
    "He has an outstanding reputation for his technical knowledge of the game and for creating well-organised teams capable of playing football in an attractive and attacking style.
    "Andre shares our long-term ambitions and ethos of developing players and nurturing young talent, and he will be able to do so now at a new world class training centre."

Levy added: "We are constantly looking to move the club forward.
    "It is important that we now look to develop the potential within the squads at all levels, whilst strengthening the first-team in the summer in key positions with players who will become part of the future success of the club."
    One of Villas-Boas' first tasks will be to try to ensure Spurs do not lose any of their star names.
    While Gareth Bale has penned a four-year contract, doubts persist over the future of Luka Modric, who was denied a move to Villas-Boas' Chelsea last summer and is now strongly linked with Manchester United and Real Madrid.
    Tottenham themselves are said to be interested in Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen, CSKA Moscow's Alan Dzagoev and Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who was on loan at Swansea last season.
    All three have been heavily linked with a move to White Hart Lane, although Tottenham have confirmed to Press Association Sport that Twitter reports stating the latter will join on Tuesday are wide of the mark.
    Andre Villas-Boas factfile
    1977: Born in Porto on October 17.
    1993: Invited to work as a trainee with FC Porto's youth-team coaches by manager Sir Bobby Robson.
    1994: Achieves UEFA C coaching licence in Scotland.
    2000: Takes charge of the British Virgin Islands for two international matches. Both end in defeat.
    2002: Becomes part of Jose Mourinho's backroom staff at Porto.
    2004: Follows Mourinho to Chelsea, where he works as an opposition scout.
    2008: Moves with Mourinho to Inter Milan.
    2009: Appointed manager of Academica in October, with the club bottom of the table and without a win. Villas-Boas guides them to an 11th-place finish and a Portuguese League Cup semi-final.
    2010: June 2 - Appointed manager of boyhood club Porto.
    August 7 - Wins Portuguese Supercup with 2-0 victory over Benfica.
    2011: April 3 - Leads Porto to their 25th league title, finishing with their biggest ever winning margin of 21 points.
    May 18 - Porto win the Europa League with a 1-0 triumph over fellow Portuguese side Braga.
    May 22 - Guides Porto to a trophy treble with a comprehensive 6-2 win over Vitoria de Guimaraes in Portuguese Cup final.
    June 21 - Porto confirm Villas-Boas has tendered his resignation and his contract will be terminated once his 15million euros release clause has been paid.
    Porto later announce they have received the required compensation, with Chelsea releasing a short statement confirming their interest in Villas-Boas and their intention to agree personal terms in the near future.
    June 22 - Appointed Chelsea manager on a three-year contract.
    June 30 - Wins first piece of silverware as Chelsea manager, taking the Barclays Asia Trophy.
    August 14 - Draws first match of the Premier League season 0-0 away at Stoke.
    September 18 - Suffers first defeat of the season with a 3-1 loss to Manchester United at Old Trafford.
    December 6 - Chelsea win their final Champions League group game 3-0 against Valencia with Leverkusen's 1-1 draw with Genk meaning they qualify from their group.
    December 12 - Chelsea become first team in 2011/2012 season to defeat Manchester City coming from behind with goals from Raul Meireles and a late penalty by Frank Lampard.
    February 21 - Leaves Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Michael Essien out of the team as Chelsea fall to a 3-1 defeat in their first leg Champions League tie with Napoli. Chelsea now have a record of one win in the last seven games and is under pressure at the club from fans and players alike with Ashley Cole in particular criticising his tactics.
    March 4 - Sacked by Chelsea a tmo after a 1-0 defeat at West Brom.
    July 3 - Confirmed as Tottenham's new head coach.

Uploads

Murphy rules out free transfer

Winger keen for club to receive transfer fee should he move on
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 10:36am

Jamie Murphy: Wants the club to receive a decent transfer fee should he leave as a reward for aiding his development

Jamie Murphy has ruled out winding his contract down at Motherwell as he feels they 'deserve' a decent fee should he leave.
    The 23-year-old is out of contract at Fir Park next summer and could conceivably see out his contract and leave on a free transfer, earning a considerable amount in signing-on fees at his new club.

However, Murphy, who joined the club at Under 13 level, is conscious of the time, effort and money Motherwell have invested in his development and he does not want to be seen to be turning his back on a club that did so much for him.
    He did come close to moving to Blackpool for 400,000 in January but turned down the deal as he felt it was rushed.
    Murphy insists he will not force a move but if he does eventually leave, he wants it to be for a fee that will reward the club for their efforts.
    "Only if a club makes a bid and I'm told to speak to them will I think about moving away," Murphy told the Daily Record.
    "The only time it has happened so far Blackpool came in but it was the last day of the transfer window and it was a rush.
    Great decision

"I also wanted to finish the season with Motherwell and clinch third as I knew we could secure the Champions League spot. All in all it was a great decision as we got there in the end.
    "It's hard with the way football is these days. I understand completely the club might feel they have to cash in.
    "I've been here for 10 years and know that has always been the case. It's not my preferred option to walk away for free next summer.
    "That would be the last thing I want to happen because the club don't deserve it. I've been here for a long time and Motherwell have played a big part helping me become a footballer.
    "They deserve a bit of money and it's up to me to play well and earn them that.
    "When I first signed I wasn't a Motherwell fan but the club has really grown on me and some of my best mates are in the team.
    "So if Motherwell can earn money from me that enables my best mates to stay or secure another year or two on their contracts that's great. That is what I want.
    "Hopefully if a bid comes in it works out best for everyone, but the biggest thing for me is helping the players get longer contracts."

Uploads

Lucio close to Juventus move

Brazilian is on the cusp of joining champions after leaving Inter
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 9:48am

Lucio: Heading for Juventus after leaving Inter Milan

Juventus are poised to complete the capture of veteran defender Lucio after the defender arrived in Turin for a medical.
    The 34-year-old, part of the Brazilian side that won the 2002 World Cup, left Inter Milan last weekend after the final two years of his contract at the San Siro were cancelled by mutual consent.
    A statement on Juve's official website announced that Lucio would "undergo routine tests at the city's Clinica Fornaca di Sessant and Istituto di Medicina dello Sport medical centres".

Lucio had been linked with a move to Fenerbache, but last Thursday the Turkish club issued a statement denying they were trying to sign the player.
    Spanish side Malaga were also thought to be interested before the Serie A champions made their move.
    In his time at Inter, Lucio won one Scudetto, two Coppa Italias, one Super Coppa, the UEFA Champions League and the Club World Cup.
    Prior to moving to Italy, he spent several successful years in Germany, playing for Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich, winning three Bundesliga titles with the latter.

Uploads

Everton seal Naismith deal

Former Rangers star pens four-year deal at Goodison Park
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 9:23am

Steven Naismith: Has become Everton's first signing of the summer, penning a four-year contract at Goodison Park

Everton have completed the signing of Scotland international Steven Naismith on a free transfer.
    The 25-year-old was available on a free after rejecting the transfer of his contract from Rangers to the newco formed by Charles Green.
    As reported by Sky Sports on Tuesday, West Ham United, Stoke City and Wigan Athletic were all understood to have made contact with Naismith, but the lure of linking up with former Rangers team-mates Nikica Jelavic and David Weir appears to have swayed his decision.
    The former Kilmarnock forward has not played since October after suffering damaged cruciate knee ligaments.
    He underwent extensive medicals at Everton's Finch Farm training ground before penning a four-year deal with David Moyes' men to become their first summer signing.

"'It is a great honour to be joining a club of Everton's wonderful history and to have the chance to play with such a talented group of players in the world's best league: the Barclays Premier League, in front of such a passionate group of fans," Naismith told the club's official website.
    "I look forward greatly to working with the manager David Moyes and all the staff at Everton and working hard to deliver on the pitch to repay their, and the chairman Mr Kenwright's, faith and belief in me."

Manager David Moyes added: "We are delighted that Steven has agreed to join us. He will be an excellent addition to the players we already have and we look forward to him being fit and ready to play at the start of the season.
    "He is an established international who can play in a number of positions. He has a flexibility we always like in our players and which will hopefully prove to be very useful for us."

Uploads

Dodo deal done for Roma

Brazilian full-back signs five-year deal to join from Corinthians
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 10:38am

Roma have completed the signing of Brazilian defender Dodo on a five-year contract from Corinthians.

The 20-year-old full-back arrives at the Stadio Olimpico on a free transfer after he had recently cancelled his deal with Corinthians.
    A statement from Roma read: "The player terminated his contract with Corinthians before signing an agreement with Roma."
    Dodo becomes Roma's second summer signing after the arrival of Brazilian striker Marquinho from Fluminense last month.
    Roma also secured the full ownership of Fabio Borini after previously owning 50 per cent of the striker with Serie A rivals Parma.

Uploads

Boro snap up Burgess

University student agrees deal
    Last Updated: July 4, 2012 10:32am

Tony Mowbray: Has snapped up youngster

Middlesbrough have completed the signing of former Arsenal youth Christian Burgess on a two-year deal.
    The 20-year-old central defender had given up football and was studying full time at Birmingham University.
    He was spotted by scouts whilst playing for his university and underwent trials with Boro at the end of last season.
    The 6ft 4in stopper impressed and has now put pen-to-paper with the Championship side.

"I'm really looking forward to the challenge of professional football at Middlesbrough," Burgess told the club's official website.
    "This is the opportunity I have always wanted. I've spoken briefly with Tony Mowbray and it's nice that he has shown some confidence in me.
    "I'm looking forward to getting started next season and making the most of this chance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast