Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 06-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 06-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 06-07-2012

Silva set for new City deal

Midfield ace not interested in Real Madrid move
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 8:17am

David Silva: Expects to pen new deal at City in near future

Manchester City ace David Silva is set to snub interest from Real Madrid and put pen to paper on a new deal at the Etihad Stadium.
    Silva, who recently helped Spain to a third consecutive major tournament success at Euro 2012, still has two years to run on his current deal but reports suggest he will sign a new five-year contract worth 52million.
    The 26-year-old playmaker, who joined City from Valencia in 2010, has declared himself "totally satisfied" at the club after playing a starring role in their Premier League winning campaign last season.
    His exploits reportedly caught the eye of Primera Liga giants Real but Silva is adamant he is not thinking of a move.
    The Spaniard, who was the top assist scorer in the top-flight last term with 15, expects a new deal to be wrapped up sooner rather than later.
    Satisfied

He told the Daily Star: "My home is at City and I am totally satisfied there. My head is not at Real Madrid but at Manchester City.
    "I'm grateful for my experience at City and I have improved as a player, in every sense, since I joined them. I didn't know if I was capable of playing like this when I left Valencia.
    "I'm on holiday right now, but my agents are negotiating a new deal with City and I think it's likely we close it in a very short time."
    Silva expects to see City recruit more big-name signings this summer, with wantaway Arsenal striker Robin van Persie having been heavily linked with a move to the Etihad.
    The midfield ace added: "The club are preparing offers for players to improve the squad. The project will be very ambitious."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 06-07-2012

Ba - Forget about rumours

Toon frontman dismisses talk of summer move
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 8:58am

Demba Ba: Has been linked with a host of clubs this summer

Newcastle striker Demba Ba has played down speculation linking him with a move away from St James' Park this summer.
    The Senegal international, who returned for pre-season training with the Magpies on Thursday, is thought to be on the radar of several clubs.
    Manchester United, Liverpool and Turkish giants Galatasaray are all believed to be interested in the frontman, who scored 16 goals for Alan Pardew's side last season to help them to a surprise fifth-placed Premier League finish.

Ba, who joined Newcastle on a free transfer last summer after departing West Ham, has a release clause in his contract thought to be worth 7million, which could encourage clubs to come knocking.
    But the 27-year-old has cooled talk surrounding his future, telling his official Twitter account: "So much stuff about me lately. Rumours are rumours! Just forget about it."

Uploads

No Chinese move for Cahill

Guizhou Renhe could not reach agreement with Australian
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 9:02am

Tim Cahill: Visited Guizhou Renhe this week as a special guest of the club

Guizhou Renhe have revealed that Tim Cahill's recent visit to the club was not about a potential move to the Chinese outfit.
    The Everton midfielder was a special guest at Guizhou's Chinese FA Cup match on Wednesday and rumours suggested the 33 year-old was on the verge of agreeing a big-money move to the Guiyang side.
    Whilst Guizhou are still keen on Cahill, club coach Gao Hongbo confirmed that the Australian veteran was only there for an informal visit and talks about a possible transfer had previously broken down.

"We did have negotiations with Tim Cahill but we couldn't reach an agreement with him," he told local reporters.
    "There were a couple of issues so we invited him to the club. We hope he enjoys his time here and that he will look favourably at our club."
    Cahill, who has been with Everton since 2004, has previously admitted that he would consider moving to the Middle East or China if the right offer came around.

Uploads

Denilson extends Sao Paulo loan

Brazilian happy to stay at native club for another year
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 8:39am

Denilson: Staying on loan at Sao Paulo for another year

Arsenal midfielder Denilson has extended his loan deal at Sao Paulo for another season, the Brazilian has confirmed.
    Denilson returned to his homeland on loan last season, notching up 37 appearances for his native club.
    The 24-year-old had been linked with a return to North London for the start of the new Premier League season.
    But Sao Paulo have secured his services for another year and the midfielder is delighted with the arrangement.
    Staying

He told Gazeta Esportiva: "I don't know what happened. I just expressed an interest in staying at Sao Paulo for at least another year. The chiefs on Arsenal's board helped.
    "I didn't talk to Arsene Wenger. My lawyer and I met Sao Paulo's board and we agreed it would be better if I stayed at the club, and they reached an agreement with Arsenal.
    "Thank god everything worked out. I've been training well and I'm ready for Sunday's game."
    Denilson came through the youth ranks at Sao Paulo before joining Arsenal in August 2006.
    He went on to make 96 Premier league appearances for the Gunners but sought a loan move last year in order to secure regular first-team football.

Uploads

Boro close in on Woody

Defender set to return to hometown club
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 8:19am

Jonathan Woodgate: Expected to finalise a move back to The Riverside

Middlesbrough have confirmed they are hoping to bring former England defender Jonathan Woodgate back to The Riverside.
    Sky Sports revealed on Thursday that Boro were in talks with Woodgate about a deal, and the Championship club have now announced on their official website that a move is close.
    The 32-year-old is a free agent after playing for Stoke last season and Boro are keen to complete a transfer, although he will first need to undergo a medical.
    Woodgate enjoyed a successful stint on Teesside earlier in his career, joining on an initial loan deal in 2006 before making the move permanent a year later.
    Boro paid Real Madrid 7million for Woodgate before eventually selling him on to Tottenham for 8m in January 2008.
    The former Leeds youngster has commanded in excess of 35m in transfer fees despite suffering an injury-stricken career.
    He remains a highly-respected centre-back and Tony Mowbray will be delighted if he can finalise a deal to bring Woodgate back to his hometown club.

Uploads

Terriers confirm Clayton swoop

Midfielder departs Leeds for Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 7:43am

Adam Clayton: Has completed move to Huddersfield from Leeds

Huddersfield have completed the signing of midfielder Adam Clayton from Leeds on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    Sky Sports reported on Thursday the Terriers had agreed a deal with their Yorkshire rivals for the 23-year-old after he failed to agree a new contract at Elland Road.
    Clayton will now be reunited with former Leeds manager Simon Grayson at Huddersfield after the club confirmed the deal on their official website.

It is believed the Terriers fought off competition from a number of clubs to sign the former Manchester City youngster.
    Grayson said: "Adam is a good footballer. He handles the ball and has a good energy about him - he had a great season last year and scored some important goals. We're delighted to have got him.
    "He's a player I admired when he was at Carlisle and Manchester City and we're delighted to secure his services to this football club. I think it shows our intent in the level of players we want to sign."
    Boost

The signing of Clayton, who netted six goals in 43 Championship appearances for the Whites last term, provides a major boost for Huddersfield as they prepare for life in the second tier following promotion from League One.
    He marks the Terriers' fourth capture of the summer following the arrivals of Sean Scannell, Paul Dixon and Oliver Norwood.
    "I think things are moving along nicely in all departments," added Grayson.
    "You have to strike a blend and get the partnerships right all over the pitch and we are still working hard behind the scenes to get one or two other things done.
    "We're looking to keep improving all the time, but we're getting the right ingredients for a really decent squad."

Uploads

North East duo eye Guidetti

Swedish striker in-demand
    Last Updated: July 5, 2012 9:37pm

John Guidetti: Impressive form for Feyenoord

Sky Sports understands that North East duo Newcastle United and Sunderland have joined the chase for Manchester City starlet John Guidetti.
    Although the young striker is set to have options across Europe with clubs from Italy, Spain and Germany all looking to land him.
    The 20-year-old spent last season on loan in Holland and he scored 20 goals in just 23 games for Feyenoord.
    Feyenoord would like him back, but Guidetti is looking to join one of Europe's top leagues.

Guidetti will return to City for pre-season training, but he is expected to depart the Etihad Stadium this summer.
    Both Newcastle and Sunderland are ready to compete for Guidetti, but the interest from around Europe is huge.
    The likes of Inter Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Sevilla and Borussia Monchengladbach are just some of the clubs looking at the impressive young Swede.

Uploads

Woodgate set for Boro return
    Last Updated: July 6 2012, 8:47 BST

Jonathan Woodgate is poised for a return to Middlesbrough subject to a medical.

Jonathan Woodgate: Set for Middlesbrough return
    The 32-year-old former England international is a free agent having played for Stoke last season.
    And the npower Championship club have revealed on their official website, mfc.co.uk, that Woodgate is close to starting a second spell at the Riverside Stadium, where he played 52 times after an initial loan move from Real Madrid six years ago.

Boro eventually paid the Spanish giants 7million for Woodgate on that occasion before an 8million move to Tottenham in January 2008.
    The former Leeds youngster has commanded in excess of 35million in transfer fees despite suffering an injury-stricken career.

Uploads

Gerrard and Carragher still pivotal
    Last Updated: July 6 2012, 7:24 BST

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers believes captain Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have a vital role to play in the club's future.

Steven Gerrard: Praised by Rodgers
    The duo have been the Scouse heartbeat of the side for a decade and Rodgers hopes to utilise that experience as he begins his reign at Anfield.
    "I believe your senior players are vital," said the Reds boss, who succeeded Kenny Dalglish just over a month ago.
    "In particular these two, they are the life and soul of this club and have been important members of the group here for a number of years.
    "I have close relations with the captain and vice-captain. Those players will play an important role going forward."

Gerrard is still on holiday after leading England at the European Championship but the midfielder was keen to discuss plans with the new manager and he interrupted his break to meet Rodgers at the club's Melwood training ground yesterday.
    "He was wonderful in the (European) Championship and he is on his break at the moment but he very kindly wanted to come in and have a chat," Rodgers told LFC TV.
    "He is a great role model for this club, a wonderful inspirational player and a great captain on and off the field."

Rodgers has spoken to all the players who are still on leave after playing in summer internationals but has found he is having a lot of conversations with Carragher, who returned to pre-season training this week.
    "I've had a couple of really good footballing conversations with Jamie - I love his enthusiasm and passion for football," he said.
    "He is at the stage of his career where the coaching side becomes a bit more prominent and he has a real keen interest in it.

"He has good knowledge of the game and he is interested - you get some players who are not interested in football.
    "Jamie is very much like myself, he'll be up until two o'clock in the morning watching German football and I thought he spoke very well (as a Euro 2012 television pundit) and represented himself and the club very well."

Uploads

Gyan makes Al-Ain switch

Ghana striker makes permanent switch to UAE side after loan
    Last Updated: July 6, 2012 12:02pm

Asamoah Gyan: Staying with Al-Ain on a permanent deal

Asamoah Gyan has left Sunderland for Al-Ain in the United Arab Emirates on a permanent deal.
    The striker made a shock loan move to the Middle East last August, where he finished as highest scorer in the Etisalat Pro-League with 22 goals, helping Al-Ain to the title.

The decision stunned then-manager Steve Bruce, who said the player had told him he was happy at Sunderland.
    The 26-year-old has never met Martin O'Neill, who subsequently replaced Steve Bruce after Gyan's departure on loan.
    Towards the end of last season O'Neill admitted that Gyan was unlikely to return to the Stadium of Light after the end of the deal, saying "you wouldn't really want somebody who is really unwilling to come back to the football club."

Gyan moved to the Stadium of Light from Rennes in 2010 after a good World Cup with Ghana, although he missed a penalty in the dying seconds of extra time against Uruguay following Luiz Suarez's notorious deliberate handball.
    He scored on his Sunderland debut, and went to notch 11 goals in 37 appearances for the Wearsiders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast