Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 07-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 07-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 07-07-2012

Jackson signs Burnley deal

Teenage striker to be part of the development squad

Teenage striker Joe Jackson has signed a new 12-month contract to extend his stay at Burnley.

The 19-year-old scored three times on loan with hometown club Barrow towards the end of last season, and made his Clarets debut against Blackpool in April.

The former youth team product will now train with Jason Blake's development squad, where he will be joined by 18-year-old Shay McCartan who also agreed a professional contract.
    New deals are also in the pipeline for goalkeepers Jon Stewart and Brian Jensen and forward Alex MacDonald, with the Clarets hoping to complete that business next week.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 07-07-2012

Proschwitz keen on Furth move

Hull target hopes to be allowed to leave Paderborn

Nick Proschwitz: Paderborn striker is a target for Hull City but is keen to join Greuther Furth

Hull City target Nick Proschwitz has confirmed he would be interested in joining Bundesliga new boys Greuther Furth from Paderborn.
    Tigers boss Steve Bruce revealed earlier this week that he had made an enquiry for Proschwitz, who scored 17 goals in 33 games for Paderborn last season.

He has a further 12 months to run on his contract with Paderborn and reports claim that the second division side are holding out for a 1.5million transfer fee.
    Newly-promoted Greuther Furth have shown an interest in Proschwitz and the striker is hoping to be given the opportunity to step up to the top flight.

"I am under contract with SC Paderborn 07," Proschwitz told kicker-Sportmagazin. "But I would like to join SpVgg Greuther Furth this summer."
    The player's agent Lars-Wilhelm Baumgarten added: "We would like to remind SC Paderborn of the mutual agreement that Nick would not be prevented from getting the go-ahead if there was an offer from the Bundesliga.
    "We are very much hoping to see an agreement worked out."

Uploads

Stewart happy at Hull

Winger insists his form wasn't affected by bids from Leicester

Cameron Stewart: Winger has no intention of leaving Hull City during the summer

Cameron Stewart insists he is 'really happy' at Hull City and has no intention of leaving the KC Stadium during the summer.
    The winger was a target for former Tigers boss Nigel Pearson during the January transfer window when Leicester City failed with a couple of bids for Stewart.

The former Manchester United youngster is continuing to attract interest and has been linked with moves to Celtic and Wolves since the end of last season.
    However, Stewart is trying to ignore the speculation surrounding his future in order to make an impression on new Hull boss Steve Bruce.
    Happy

"I've heard rumours floating around different websites and newspapers but I'm only concentrating on Hull City," Stewart told the Hull Daily Mail.
    "I've got two years left here and I'm really happy. I've got no intentions of going anywhere else."
    Stewart also dismissed suggestions that his form suffered during the second half of last season following the failed bids from Leicester.
    He added: "People were saying that when a bid came in from Leicester and Nigel Pearson that my head was turned. That was frustrating for me because people don't know me. That's not what I'm about.

"I never wanted to leave, I never asked to leave and I never asked for Leicester to put in a bid. It was all out of my control.
    "Then it became a matter of me trying too hard or over-thinking things when people were on my back. Really I should have just focused on my football and not on other people."

Uploads

Jewell upbeat on Chambers

Forest defender 'keen' to move to Portman Road on a free transfer

Luke Chambers: Defender is expected to join Ipswich Town from Nottingham Forest

Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell is confident he will win the chase to sign defender Luke Chambers on a free transfer from Nottingham Forest.
    Chambers has opted to leave Forest at the end of his contract and he has been linked with the likes of Derby County and Leeds United.
    A delay in finalising a move to Portman Road has led to speculation that Ipswich could miss out on the signing of the 26-year-old.
    However, having spoken to Chambers this week, Jewell is optimistic that he will be able to get the deal over the line and add the centre-half to his squad for next season.

"He's very keen to come here and we've been speaking on the phone regularly over the last day or two," Jewell told the club's official website.
    "I've met Luke on a number of occasions over the summer to talk football.
    "We're very hopeful it will get done next week but until it's signed, sealed and delivered, it's not done.
    "I've been in football long enough to know that there are a lot of factors in getting a player signed and I've learnt before that you can never be 100 per cent confident but I'm as certain as I can be at this stage that we're almost there."

Uploads

Juve head RVP chase

Should Arsenal skipper leave, Italians are pushing hardest
    Last Updated: July 7, 2012 10:47am

Robin van Persie: Juventus keen to land him

Sky Sports understands that Juventus are heading the chase to land Robin van Persie, should the Dutchman leave Arsenal this summer.
    The Gunners captain declared earlier this week that he would not be renewing his contract with the club - which has just 12 months left to run.

Since his announcement a host of clubs have been linked, but Sky Sports understands that just three clubs are currently challenging for his signature - Juventus, Manchester City and Manchester United.
    All three have been in the reckoning all summer and that has not changed.
    Both City and United are set to offer him the chance to remain in England, should he leave the Emirates, but Juve are pushing hard with Italian sources claiming their offer would make him one of the highest players in Europe.

Van Persie has made it clear that silverware is the most important thing to him at this point - although all three clubs would be well in contention next season to challenge for every honour.
    The player himself is currently on holiday and is due to return to England next week, when more talks with Arsenal are likely.
    PSG

Paris Saint Germain have been linked, and whilst nobody could deny they could afford Van Persie, Sky Sports understands that the player would not entertain a move to the French capital at this point in his career.
    And PSG chairman Nasser al-Khelaifi says his club have not made contact with the Dutch forward.
    "We have never talked with Van Persie," he told l'Equipe.
    "We trust our current forwards. But we are trying to find another one."
    Various reports claim Real Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan are also in contention but those reports are believed to be wide of the mark at present.

Uploads

Bremen looking to bag Elia

Bundesliga side keen to bring Dutch winger back to Germany
    Last Updated: July 7, 2012 2:16pm

Eljero Elia: Struggled to make an impact during his first season at Juventus

Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs has confirmed that the Bundesliga outfit are attempting to put a deal in place for Eljero Elia.
    The Dutch winger is currently on the books of reigning Serie A champions Juventus.
    The 25-year-old old has spent just one year in Italy, having moved to Turin from Hamburg last summer.
    He struggled to make an impact at Juve, though, and could be tempted to make his way back to Germany.
    Bremen hope that will be the case, but are aware that there is much work to be done if they are to snare a player who is contracted to his current employers until 2015.
    Delighted

"We are looking into the possibility of signing Eljero Elia from Juventus," Allofs told Deutsche Pressagentur.
    Bremen defender Naldo would welcome Elia's arrival, with it important for the club to bring in players of that calibre.
    "If Elia of Juventus signs for our club, that would be great," he told Kreiszeitung Syke.
    "I played against him when he was with Hamburg and he is a very good player.
    "He would be able to help us a lot and I would be delighted if the deal goes through."

Uploads

Hearts part with pair

Santana and Beattie head through Tynecastle exits
    Last Updated: July 7, 2012 2:09pm

Craig Beattie: Linked up with Hearts on a short-term deal in January

Scottish Premier League outfit Hearts have announced that Suso Santana and Craig Beattie have left the club.
    Both players played crucial roles in the Jambos' Scottish Cup-winning campaign in 2011/12, which ended with a 5-1 triumph over Edinburgh rivals Hibernian at Hampden.

Spanish winger Suso was signed by Csaba Laszlo in 2009 and made 69 appearances, scoring nine goals.
    Former Celtic and Swansea striker Beattie signed a short-term deal in January 2012 and played nine games, scoring three times, including the winning goal in the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic.
    A spokesman for the club said: "Hearts wish both players the best of luck for the future."

Uploads

Bastos prepared to leave Lyon

Brazil international disappointed by chairman blast
    Last Updated: July 7, 2012 12:35pm

Michel Bastos: Has suggested that he may look to leave Lyon this summer

Michel Bastos claims he would be prepared to leave Lyon following criticism aimed in his direction by club chairman Jean-Michel Aulas.
    Aulas, while reflecting on a disappointing 2011/12 campaign, has questioned the attitude of the club's highest earners.
    Cris, Kim Kallstrom, Aly Cissokho and Bastos have incurred his wrath, with Bastos said to be 'a textbook case'.
    Aulas has also suggested that the Brazil international will only start to play to his full potential once the 2014 World Cup in his homeland looms into view.
    Problems

"With two years to go to the World Cup in Brazil he's going to get much better, believe me," he said.
    Bastos is understandably disappointed to have been singled out and admits it might be better for all concerned if he made a fresh start elsewhere.
    "I'm saddened by comments made about me. I've never had problems with the group in all the teams I've been part of," he wrote on his Twitter account.
    "I respect the club a lot and am saddened by all that. If I'm a problem I prefer to leave in order not to be a bother."

Uploads

Lennon looking to add

Bhoys boss hoping to bolster his ranks, while keeping key men
    Last Updated: July 7, 2012 11:20am

Neil Lennon: Hoping to add while fending off interest in Celtic's top talents

Neil Lennon is hoping to bring further fresh faces into his Celtic squad this summer, while admitting that sales may have to be sanctioned.
    The Parkhead playing staff has been trimmed since the end of last season, with the likes of Daniel Majstorovic, Glenn Loovens, Mark Wilson, Efrain Juarez, Niall McGinn and Darren O'Dea moving on.
    Fraser Forster, who has spent the last two seasons on loan at the club, has been the only permanent addition so far.
    Lennon has confirmed that he is planning on bolstering his ranks throughout the transfer window, but is keen to point out that he will not be spending for the sake of it.

He said: "We have trimmed the squad considerably. We don't want to make wholesale changes.
    "We're always looking, if we feel we are getting a good player for value for money, we will always look at it."
    Lennon does not have the challenge of Rangers or Old Firm derbies to sell the club to prospective signings, but he feels the UEFA Champions League and the club's stature can still attract top targets.
    "We have signed Fraser on a four-year contract and I didn't think that was a major issue," he said.
    "We are a big name, we've got a big reputation and obviously progress in Europe would enhance that."
    South Korea international Ki Sung-yueng and Kenya midfielder Victor Wanyama have both been quoted this summer as saying they would like to test themselves in a more high-profile league.
    That has clearly irked Lennon, but he admits occasionally selling players for big money is part of the club's development plan.
    "I'm a bit annoyed because when players are on international business, they shouldn't be talking about club business," he said.

"But it was the same with Aiden McGeady a couple of years ago. He was a fabulous player here and a very important player but we got an offer that was good business.
    "Every other player, regardless of whether it's Ki, Victor, Gary (Hooper), Fraser, Adam Matthews, Emilio (Izaguirre), they are all in the same boat.
    "Every player has his price and sometimes you have to move players on for their future and the benefit of the club."

Uploads

Arnesen keeping an eye on VDV

Hamburg remain keen on former fans' favourite
    Last Updated: July 7, 2012 11:47am

Rafael van der Vaart: Reports suggest he could be lured away from Tottenham this summer

Frank Arnesen is reluctant to speculate on Hamburg's chances of re-signing Tottenham playmaker Rafael van der Vaart, but he will be keeping a close eye on the Dutchman.
    Sporting director Arnesen admits he would welcome the opportunity to bring Van der Vaart back to Germany four years after he departed the Imtech Arena.
    The Holland international enjoyed three productive years in the Bundesliga between 2005 and 2008, before going on to take in spells at Real Madrid and Tottenham.

It has been suggested that he could be lured back to Hamburg this summer, with new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas prepared to listen to offers.
    There has been no official word from the White Hart Lane camp, though, and Arnesen admits there is little he can do until the player expresses a desire to move on.
    "I can only say that he is a great player and one that knows Hamburg very well," Arnesen told Welt.
    "I don't want to talk about it too much because Van der Vaart has a contract at Tottenham Hotspur until 2015.
    Signal

"If I get a signal from his end that there might be something, things will be different.
    "At the moment it is not practical. He is on holiday after the European Championship.
    "In the next few weeks we will see what happens."

While looking to bring new additions into the Hamburg squad, Arnesen concedes that departures are also inevitable this summer.
    He added: "There have been no offers yet but, after the European Championship, there will be interest in our players.
    "There is always movement, and that is good for us."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast