Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 08-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 08-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 08-07-2012

Lampard rubbishes LA link

Blues midfielder has no plans to move to America
    Last Updated: July 8, 2012 9:23am

Frank Lampard: Remains fully committed to Chelsea

Frank Lampard insists there is no substance to reports linking him with a move to the Los Angeles Galaxy and has pledged his immediate future to Chelsea.
    The 34-year-old will see his Stamford Bridge contract expire next summer and speculation has suggested that he could be tempted to take on a new challenge.
    Pictures of Lampard taking in a Major League Soccer game with his agent Steve Kutner and Galaxy star David Beckham have only served to fan the transfer flames.

The England international claims he is fully committed to Chelsea, though, with there no plans to leave the Premier League just yet.
    Lampard said in The Sun: "There's nothing in that at all. I'm here in Los Angeles on holiday with [fiancée] Christine. We got engaged here last year and we love it over here.
    "Steve's over here a lot on music and football business. He organised a box so we could go to see the Galaxy game.
    "Becks was suspended for the match, so he came and sat with us and we had a good laugh - that's all."
    Fresh

"I'm really looking forward to getting back to Chelsea. I'm feeling fit and fresh and I'm raring to go. "
    Frank Lampard Quotes of the week
    After missing England's Euro 2012 campaign due to injury, Lampard cannot wait to get back to action with his club.
    "Now I'm really looking forward to getting back to Chelsea," he added.
    "I'm feeling fit and fresh and I'm raring to go.

"My thigh strain is completely healed now and maybe missing the Euros was a blessing in disguise for me.
    "I had a full summer off and I'm ready to go back to start the hard work for the new season."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-07-2012

Genoa dismiss Gilardino talk

Striker will not be rejoining Fiorentina just six months after leaving

Alberto Gilardino: Genoa have dismissed talk that the striker could return to Fiorentina

Genoa have described as 'nonsense' reports that Alberto Gilardino could return to Fiorentina just six months after changing clubs.
    Gilardino left the Viola to sign a four-and-a-half year contract with Genoa in January, but has been linked with a move back to Fiorentina.
    The 30-year-old has also been mooted as a target for French side Monaco, but Genoa's chief executive Pietro Lo Monaco has no plans to sell the striker.
    "The Gilardino to Fiorentina rumour is nonsense," Lo Monaco told the Italian media.
    "I'm not saying we would turn down a €20m (£15.9m) bid for the player, but Alberto wants to stay with us and we want to keep him.
    "Gilardino's goal average over the last few years shows us that he is one of the top five attackers in the league.
    "We have him in our squad, we'll keep him in our squad and he'll demonstrate his true worth."

Uploads

Nani 'very happy' at Man Utd

Portugal winger Nani says he is "very happy" at Manchester United after confirming negotiations regarding a new contract are ongoing.

Nani: In talks over new United deal
    Nani is approaching 200 appearances for the Red Devils after joining from Sporting Lisbon five years ago and has become an increasingly important member of the team.
    The 25-year-old has been in talks with the Red Devils over an extension, but there have been reports that Nani is worried the club will sell him this summer.

He believes he has the backing of manager Sir Alex Ferguson and is waiting to see how discussions over a new deal pan out.
    "We will see," Nani is quoted by the Times of India when asked about his future. "I am very happy at Man United and have been there five years and won every title.
    "The manager has great faith in me and that's what is important. My agent is negotiating and we'll see what happens."
    Nani is determined to make up for last season's heartache when United were denied the Premier League title in the final minutes of the campaign by local rivals Manchester City.

He added: "That's football - you are always going to suffer disappointments and you just have to deal with them.
    "Football is like life and so there will be times when you suffer a big disappointment.
    "It hurt to miss the league title in the last minutes, City had incredible luck that day. Hopefully next season is our turn and it's up to us to make that happen."

Uploads

De Boer: Vertonghen is 'gone'

Ajax coach Frank de Boer admits Jan Vertonghen's head is already in London, as he closes on a summer transfer to Tottenham.

Jan Vertonghen: Looks set for Tottenham move
    Spurs have held a long-standing interest in the Belgium international, along with their north London rivals Arsenal.
    It would appear as though the highly-rated centre-half will be turning out at White Hart Lane next season, with an agreement reportedly edging towards completion.
    De Boer admits Vertonghen is now waiting on the 'green light' to make a move to the Premier League.

Taking that into account, he left the 25-year-old out of his squad for a pre-season exhibition game against FC Emmen.
    "John has his head in London, so we sent him home," De Boer told Telesport.
    "He is only waiting on a few minor details before he gets the green light."

Uploads

Salomon Kalou signs for Lille

Lille have confirmed the signing of Ivory Coast striker Salomon Kalou on a free transfer following his release by Chelsea.

Salomon Kalou: Has signed for Lille
    Kalou has agreed a four-year deal at the Ligue 1 side after being released at the end of last season following six years with the London club.
    "LOSC formalises the arrival of Salomon Kalou, who has made the traditional medical visit after his arrival at Domaine de Luchin," read a statement on Lille club website, losc.fr.

"The contract of the 26-year-old European champion is four seasons. The former Chelsea player is committed to the club until 2016."
    Kalou, who was brought to Chelsea by Jose Mourinho in 2006 after an impressive spell at Feyenoord, made 254 appearances for the Barclays Premier League club, including 147 starts, and scored 60 goals.
    The frontman ended last season as a key member of manager Roberto Di Matteo's plans, making the starting line-up for Chelsea's victories in both the FA Cup and Champions League finals.

Kalou joins a Lille side who were champions of France in 2011 and finished third last term to secure Champions League qualification.
    The club is moving to a new stadium ahead of the new campaign and Kalou said: "The project of LOSC, especially with the arrival of the new stadium, is ambitious and I really liked it.
    "From what I've discovered the club, it has nothing to envy the greatest outfits in Europe. I am now here to have fun."

Uploads

Martinez welcomes Moses talk

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is refusing to be drawn into a transfer debate regarding Victor Moses, claiming speculation can be viewed as a positive.

Victor Moses: Has been linked with Chelsea
    The 21-year-old forward has made it clear that he will not be penning a contract extension at the DW Stadium, sparking rumours that he could soon be on his way out of the club.
    Chelsea are among the teams to be linked with him but Wigan have no intention of parting with one of the brightest young talents in England.
    Martinez is expecting to see Moses back at the club for pre-season training and says the Latics should view the admiring glances being shot in the direction of their highly-rated youngster as a compliment.

"We're not going to be drawn into the media speculation," he told the Wigan Evening Post.
    "All I will say is that Victor had a tremendous season last year - particularly after Christmas - and he is still only 21.
    "I'm really looking forward to Victor having a very good break and coming back refreshed and ready to go.

"His experience with Nigeria will bring him on even more, and will hopefully take him on to a different level next season.
    "As I always say, the speculation is only a good thing - because when you perform well you are going to get attraction from elsewhere."
    Moses has been granted an extended summer break on the back of his international commitments with Nigeria, along with Ali Al Habsi who has been turning out for Oman.

Wigan will also see Maynor Figueroa disrupt their pre-season plans by heading off to the 2012 Olympics with Honduras, but Martinez believes top-level competition can only benefit his troops.
    "It's a fitting reward for what Maynor has achieved in his football career," he added.
    "We will be co-ordinating his work with the Olympic team - whatever it takes to ensure that his training programme fits in with what's required.
    "He will be one of the main players for Honduras and I'm very much looking forward to seeing him on the biggest stage."

Uploads

Gala reject Prem links

Turkish giants cool Arshavin & Berbatov rumours

Andrey Arshavin: Facing an uncertain future as Zenit have cooled their interest

Galatasaray have moved to reject rumours linking them with moves for Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin and Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov.
    Recent reports have credited the Turkish giants with summer moves for Arshavin and Berbatov who both face uncertain futures at their clubs.
    Arshavin is due to return to Arsenal this summer after a loan spell at Zenit St Petersburg, while Berbatov has found himself well down the pecking order at Old Trafford over the last 12 months.

The likes of AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato and Real Madrid hit-man Gonzalo Higuain have also been linked with Galatasaray and the Turks have now released a statement
    "Reports regarding the club's interest in a number of players, such as Andrey Arshavin, Dimitar Berbatov, Alexandre Pato and Gonzalo Higuain, does not reflect the truth," read a statement on Galatasaray's official website.

Uploads

Porto purchase Martinez

Colombian striker looking forward to European challenge
    Last Updated: July 8, 2012 11:05am

Jackson Martinez: Arrives in Europe with a reputation as a prolific marksman

Porto have wrapped up a deal for Jackson Martinez, with the highly-rated striker set to pen a four-year contract with the Portuguese outfit.
    The Colombian striker is being billed as 'the new Falcao' and will follow in the footsteps of his fellow countryman at Estadio do Dragao.
    Martinez arrives at Porto from Mexican club Jaguares.

"We reached a deal with Jaguares to sign Jackson Martinez for an $11million fee (£7m)," Porto said in a statement published on the website of Portuguese stock market regulator CMVM.
    Liverpool were among those reported to be keen on acquiring Martinez's services, as they look to bring a proven goalscorer onto their books.
    Success

The 25-year-old has, however, taken the decision to cut his teeth in European football with the reigning Portuguese champions.
    "I want to be a success in Europe," said Martinez.
    "I hope people will not compare me with Falcao. I am a different type of player, but I promise that I will battle to get goals."
    Reports in Portugal suggest that Martinez has had a €40million (£31.7m) buy-out clause inserted in his contract.

Uploads

Paulinho waits on Inter offer

Midfielder's preference is to stick with Corinthians

Paulinho: Midfielder expects an offer from Inter Milan but would prefer to stay with Corinthians

Brazilian midfielder Paulinho is expecting Inter Milan to make an offer, but says his preference is to stay with current club Corinthians.
    Paulinho was a key figure in helping Corinthians to win the Copa Libertadores earlier this week following victory over Boca Juniors and his performances have attracted the interest of Inter.

The 23-year-old claims his agent has spoken to the Serie A giants, but he is in no rush to quit Corinthians for the San Siro.
    "Inter Milan have already had talks with my agent and they will probably make an official offer next week," Paulinho told Radio Bandeirantes.
    "We are talking about Inter Milan, so it obviously affects me, but Corinthians are my preference.
    "If an offer comes, I'll sit and see if that's what I want. But if Corinthians tell me that they want me to stay I'll listen and have talks to stay."
    Paulinho joined Corinthians, who do not have full ownership of the player, two years ago and reports have claimed Inter would have to stump up €7million (£5.6m).

Uploads

Ramsey won't be drawn on RVP

Gunners midfielder refuses to discuss skipper's future
    Last Updated: July 8, 2012 2:19pm

Aaron Ramsey: Does not know what the future holds for Robin van Persie

Aaron Ramsey is reluctant to be drawn into a discussion regarding Robin van Persie's future at Arsenal, but is delighted to see fresh faces arriving.
    Van Persie appears set to dominate the headlines at Emirates Stadium this summer after revealing that he has no intention of penning a new deal.

His current contract is not due to expire until 2013, but Arsenal find themselves torn between the desire to keep a top player on their books and the need to offload him before he becomes a free agent.
    The rest of the Gunners squad are fully aware of the situation regarding their skipper, but Ramsey claims to have no idea as to what the end result will be.
    "There is no need for me to get involved in that," said the Wales international.
    "I don't know and we as players don't know what is happening so we will just have to wait to see what happens."
    Recruits

Should Van Persie move on, added striking responsibility will be placed on the shoulders of new boys Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.
    Both are international standard performers, though, and Ramsey is confident they will prove to be shrewd additions to the Emirates Stadium ranks.
    "They are great additions to the squad," he said.
    "Hopefully they can do their bit for the team and hopefully we can have a big season."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast