Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 09-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 09-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 09-07-2012

Viola make Chamakh approach

Fiorentina lodge bid for Gunners striker
    Last Updated: July 9, 2012 8:45am

Marouane Chamakh: Has slipped down the attacking pecking order at Arsenal

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed that Serie A outfit Fiorentina have tabled an offer for Marouane Chamakh.
    The Morocco international linked up with the Gunners as a free agent in the summer of 2010.
    He netted 11 times in all competitions during his debut season in England, but saw his form fade badly following a bright start.
    Chamakh found himself out of favour for much of the 2011/12 campaign, finding the target just once in 19 appearances.

With Arsenal having bolstered their attacking ranks with the signings of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, the 28-year-old would appear to have tumbled even further down the pecking order.
    The Gunners may be tempted to cash in on his services during the current transfer window, with Fiorentina expressing a desire to take the former Bordeaux man to Italy.
    "Fiorentina requested information on his availability and made an offer," said Wenger.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 09-07-2012

Lovenkrands links up with Blues

Danish winger set to become Clark's first signing
    Last Updated: July 9, 2012 8:25am

Peter Lovenkrands: Has agreed personal terms with Birmingham

Birmingham City have announced that Peter Lovenkrands is to join the club as a free agent following his release by Newcastle United.
    The Danish forward will complete a move to St Andrew's once he has undergone a medical.
    The 32-year-old has spent the last three years with Newcastle and has previously turned out in British football for Rangers.
    He was not offered a contract extension at St James' Park this summer, dropping him into the free agent pool.

Birmingham have moved quickly to acquire his services and Lovenkrands will become new Blues boss Lee Clark's first signing.
    "Personal terms have been agreed with the former Newcastle United man and the 32-year-old is set to report to Wast Hills this morning (Monday) ahead of the Blues squad returning for 2012/13 pre-season training," read a statement on the club's official website.
    "Lovenkrands will undergo a medical today and Lee Clark hopes to confirm the great Dane as his first signing as Blues boss."

Uploads

Hull agree keeper deal

Bruce lands Jakupovic on two-year deal
    Last Updated: July 9, 2012 8:45am

Eldin Jakupovic: Agreed a two-year deal at Hull City after holding talks with Ipswich

Sky Sports understands Hull City are poised to sign Swiss goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic ahead of Championship rivals Ipswich Town.
    Ipswich had emerged as favourites to sign Jakupovic last week after the player joined the club for training ahead of talks over a move to Portman Road.

However, the news rekindled Hull's interest in the 27-year-old and Steve Bruce is ready to push through a deal for Jakupovic.
    Bruce is in the market for goalkeeping reinforcements with Peter Gulacsi, Adriano Basso and Vito Mannone all leaving the club over the summer.

Nick Barmby's departure put a proposed deal for Jakupovic at Hull on hold, but after learning of Ipswich's interest in the player they have moved to steal a march on their Championship rivals by agreeing a deal to take the shot-stopper to the KC Stadium.
    Jakupovic is set to sign a two-year deal at Hull and is expected to be joined by Manchester United's Ben Amos who is expected to arrive on a season-long loan.

Uploads

Niang set for Gunners trial

Arsenal to take close look at Caen starlet
    Last Updated: July 9, 2012 8:50am

M'Baye Niang: Set for Arsenal trial

Arsenal are set to take French starlet M'Baye Niang on trial, but his new coach has told him not to go.
    The Gunners have made their move for the highly-rated 17-year-old forward, who is also being tracked by Newcastle and Stoke.
    It is understood that Niang will link up with Arsenal this week, however, new Caen coach Patrice Garande does not believe he should be looking to leave at this point.

"What I say in relation to him is simple, he has talent - yes, does he have the potential to make a career - yes," he said.
    "But is he doing the right thing for this at the moment - no."
    Asked if he would be using him next season, Garande replied: "If he is here I will count on him, he leaves tomorrow we won't."
    Niang scored twice in 14 starts for Caen in Ligue 1 last season.

Uploads

Russia to name candidates
    Last Updated: July 9 2012, 8:38 BST

The Russian Football Union will name the candidates to take charge of their national side on Tuesday as Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini continues to be linked with the post.

Roberto Mancini: Linked with Russia national job
    Reports began to emerge on Saturday that Russia, with the help of oil giants Gazprom, were ready to break the bank to land Mancini.
    The RFU was forced to issue a statement on its website over the weekend denying reports it had already signed a contract with a new coach.

Now they have confirmed that they will announce those under consideration to replace Dick Advocaat, who left the role following Euro 2012.
    "Because of numerous reports about the so-called agreed candidates and having former RFU chief (Sergei Fursenko) signing contracts with them, the RFU would like to officially state that at the moment, it has not signed any contracts with any possible candidates," the RFU said.

"Also, on Tuesday, July 10, a list of coaches will be published on the RFU's official website and with whom the RFU will start contract negotiations."
    Mancini aside the likes of Fabio Capello, Pep Guardiola and Luciano Spalletti have been linked with the Russia post.

Uploads

Bayer tie up Fernandes deal

Chile striker arrives in Leverkusen to replace Derdiyok
    Last Updated: July 9, 2012 9:34am

Junior Fernandes: Chile striker has joined Bayer Leverkusen from Universidad de Chile

Bayer Leverkusen have finally confirmed the signing of Chile international striker Junior Fernandes to replace the departed Eren Derdiyok.
    Fernandez has signed a five-year contract with Leverkusen to join from Universidad de Chile and impressed during the recent Copa Libertadores campaign.
    The 23-year-old has cost in the region of 2.7million and will fill a gap in Leverkusen's squad created by Derdiyok's move to Bundesliga rivals Hoffenheim.
    Leverkusen director Rudi Voller told the club's official website: "Junior Fernandes has all the skills necessary to be a modern attacking player.
    Strong

"He is technically strong and has a good physique. He is fast on his feet and efficient in front of goal. We are sure he will break through in a competition like the Bundesliga."
    Club executive Wolfgang Holfhauser added: "Junior Fernandes has been our top target for the vacant position due to the departure of Eren Derdiyok.
    "We are delighted to have brought this talented player to our club. We are convinced we have also bolstered our chances for the Europa League campaign with this signature."
    Meanwhile, Leverkusen have agreed a deal to send Germany Under 19 international Danny da Costa to second division side FC Ingolstadt on a season-long loan.

Uploads

Bocanegra considering options

American to hold talks
    Last Updated: July 9, 2012 11:26am

Carlos Bocanegra: Set for talks with Rangers

American defender Carlos Bocangera admits he is yet to decide whether to remain with Rangers.
    The Glasgow giants, who as a newco will learn which division they will play in next season, have already lost a host of players after they opted not to transfer their contracts over.
    Now Bocanegra has the same decision to make and he is looking at his options.
    "I've got to explore my options," he said.

"I need to speak with the coach, as well. We kept missing each other. It wouldn't be fair to speak out of turn if I haven't spoken to him yet.
    "A lot of the fans now are starting to turn on the players because that's all they have left to get angry at.
    "It's just a tough situation, an unfortunate situation. Anybody who's leaving or staying, it's just a personal decision for those guys. You can't blame anybody."
    Hopeful

Bocanegra is hopeful that Rangers won't be playing in the third division, adding: "Hopefully they don't put them down there, because I think that's going to set Scottish football back so far.
    "It's such a big institution, big club over there. I love going to work every day. It's seriously the coolest club I've ever been a part of."
    He has been linked with a move back to America and he admits it is an option.
    "I would never rule this out," he said. "I like the league. I started here. I think it's a good league, stadiums like this and New York.
    "It's awesome how much it's grown. It's not a second-tier league by any stretch of the imagination anymore."

Uploads

Bayern play down Pirlo link
    Last Updated: July 9 2012, 10:29 BST

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has rubbished reports linking his club with a move for Italy international Andrea Pirlo.

Andrea Pirlo: Has been linked with Bayern Munich
    Reports in Italy claimed Bayern had made a bid of 10million euros for the Juventus midfielder, who was a key figure in Italy's Euro 2012 campaign, but Rummenigge says the reports are without foundation.
    "FC Bayern have neither made an offer to Juventus, nor have FC Bayern had any contact with the player or his agent," he said in a statement published on the Bundesliga club's website.

Bayern have made six new signings already this summer and are not expected to add any further new faces to their squad for next season.
    Xherdan Shaqiri is the only new midfielder, joining the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Thomas Muller, Toni Kroos, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery in the Bavarians' squad.

Uploads

Borriello surplus to Roma requirements
    Last Updated: July 9 2012, 10:20 BST

Roma have put striker Marco Borriello on the transfer list.

Marco Borriello: Available for transfer
    The 30-year-old, who is currently in pre-season training with the Giallorossi in Riscone, is not in Roma coach Zdenek Zeman's plans for next season.
    "We have placed Borriello on the transfer list and he is well aware of it," Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini said to Gazzetta dello Sport.
    Borriello is a reported target of Genoa and Fiorentina this summer, but both clubs reportedly consider his high wages an obstacle.
    The former AC Milan player earns 5.4 million euros per season and is under contract with the Eternal City outfit until June 2015.

Uploads

Tello rules out Barca exit
    Last Updated: July 9 2012, 9:46 BST

Cristian Tello has no intention of seeking a move away from Barcelona, with it his ambition to spend many more years with the Catalan giants.

Cristian Tello: Plans to stick around at Barcelona
    The 20-year-old forward has been linked with a switch to Liverpool during the summer transfer window.
    He is, however, reluctant to walk away from one of the biggest clubs in European football.
    The promise he displayed last season - his first as a member of the first-team squad - suggests he has every right to believe that a bright future lies ahead.

"I still have a deal with Barca and I intend to spend many more years at this club," said Tello.
    "I am convinced that this is the right place for me and that I wouldn't be happy at another club."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast