Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 10-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 10-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 10-07-2012

Carroll could be loaned out

Rodgers would consider allowing striker to take in spell elsewhere
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 8:56am

Andy Carroll: AC Milan have expressed an interest in taking the striker on loan

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has refused to rule out the possibility of sending Andy Carroll out on loan, with AC Milan said to be keen.
    The England international moved to Anfield in January 2011 in a 35million switch from Newcastle United.
    He has struggled at times to justify his hefty price tag, but started to show towards the end of last season that his confidence and form was returning.

His efforts earned him a place in England's Euro 2012 squad, and it was during that tournament that Milan are said to have identified him as a potential transfer target.
    The Serie A giants have expressed an interest in taking the 23-year-old on a season-long loan, and Rodgers concedes that a deal could be done if it suits all parties.
    He said in The Daily Telegraph: "It's something I would have to look at, I have to be honest.
    Experience

"Sometimes a player going out on loan - in general, not just Andy - can benefit the club in the long term."
    Brendan Rodgers Quotes of the week
    "I'm not going to sit here and say I will never let anyone go on loan, then come in here in two weeks and a player's gone, and you're saying 'you said you wouldn't let them go'.
    "There are many things to going on loan. Is it going to be beneficial for the club, that's the most important thing?
    "Sometimes a player going out on loan - in general, not just Andy - can benefit the club in the long term.

"It gets them game experience, and they come back a better player, a more confident one. Certainly more so than if they've been sitting on the bench for the majority of the season.
    "Andy's always going to be linked with clubs, whether he was here or not. I have spoken to him on his holidays, he knows exactly where he stands, but I have had no inquiries about him."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 10-07-2012

Chelsea bid for Oscar

Blues hope to beat Spurs to Brazilian as agent reveals offer
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 8:35am

Oscar: Subject of interest from Chelsea and Tottenham

Chelsea have made a move to beat Tottenham to Brazilian ace Oscar with the player's agent admitting the Blues have tabled an offer for the star.
    Tottenham were thought to be leading the chase to sign the Internacional hot-shot with new boss Andre Villas-Boas identifying Oscar as one of his top transfer targets.
    However, Chelsea have now stolen a march on their Premier League rivals by tabling a 25million (19.8m) bid for the Brazil international who will represent his country at the 2012 Olympics.

One of Oscar's agents, Carlos Meinberg Neto, has confirmed Chelsea have made an offer for the 20-year-old, but says no agreement has been reached between the clubs as yet.
    "Chelsea did offer 25 million euros, but there is still no agreement between the clubs, that will probably happen within the next days," Neto told Terra.
    Neto also revealed he expects Oscar to choose a move to Chelsea ahead of Tottenham and that the move could be finalised in the next few days.

"Giuliano Bertolucci (Oscar's main agent) will travel to England to finalise the remaining details," he said.
    "Tottenham also made an offer, but he should accept Chelsea's offer as there is more exposure there".
    However, Oscar has played down talk of a move claiming he will stay at Internacional.
    "I will stay," Oscar told Globo Esporte.
    Chelsea have yet to make any comment on a move for the Brazilian.

Uploads

Short offers signing support

Owner hoping to see Black Cats make quality additions
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 9:01am

Martin O'Neill: In the process of identifying transfer targets

Sunderland owner Ellis Short is prepared to fund another summer of transfer activity on Wearside, but insists the club will not be spending for the sake of it.
    Billionaire Short has pumped a large chunk of his personal fortune into the Black Cats, but is yet to see a return on that investment on the field.

A burning ambition to bring success to the Stadium of Light means he is prepared to dig deep again in 2012.
    Short is, however, keen to point out that Martin O'Neill must choose his targets carefully, with the Black Cats in the market for quality, not quantity.
    He said: "Martin is looking at specific players we might want and there will be a lot of work in trying to get those players here.
    "But we don't want to sign players for the sake of signing them, or because it feels inexpensive.
    "We want to identify players who are good and who will definitely improve us, and try to bring them in."
    Pressure

Short hopes his willingness to provide further financial support will bring about an improvement in results, with O'Neill warned that a repeat of last season's 13th place finished will be considered unacceptable.
    He added: "We want to be well within the top 10. We certainly can't promise that, but we're not happy with where we are and we want to continue to improve.

"There's a huge pressure to do so - both from the fans and their expectations, and from the sheer size of the economics that are involved in the Premier League.
    "We feel that with Martin, and with the progress we have made, we are well positioned."

Uploads

Internacional deny Oscar offers

Brazilians deny offers from Chelsea & Spurs
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 8:50am

Leandro Damiao & Oscar: No offers for the Premier League targets

Internacional insist they have not received any offers for Oscar, but have not ruled out a move away for the playmaker.
    Reports have suggested Chelsea have stolen a march on Premier League rivals Tottenham by making an offer for the highly-rated 20-year-old.
    Oscar's agent, Carlos Meinberg Neto, claimed Chelsea had tabled a €25million (19.8m) bid for the Brazil international and that a deal could be done soon.
    However, Internacional president, Giovanni Luigi, claims there have been no offers for Oscar or his team-mate Leandro Damiao, who also been linked with a move to Tottenham.

Luigi admits Internacional may be forced to sell a player before the close of the transfer window, but is adamant they have yet to receive an offer for any player in their squad.
    "There have been no offers for Oscar and Leandro Damiao," Luigi told Radio Gaucha.
    "Internacional have the practice of selling one or two players every transfer window.
    "This system has been working and we will keep it, developing players, then finding replacements if they are sold while the window is open.
    "So we might sell a player, but right now no offer has been made for any player in the squad."

Uploads

Blues won't budge on Butland

Clark has no plans to part with promising shot-stopper
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 8:26am

Jack Butland: Made England's Euro 2012 squad and has been included in Team GB

Birmingham City boss Lee Clark has reiterated that it would take 'a crazy transfer fee' to steal Jack Butland away from St Andrew's.
    The 19-year-old goalkeeper has seen his profile rise considerably this summer, with a call-up to England's Euro 2012 squad placing him under the spotlight.
    He is yet to make his senior debut for the Blues, but he is considered to be one of the hottest prospects in English football.
    Stuart Pearce has noted that fact and has included Butland in his Team GB squad for the 2012 Olympics.
    Interest

The likes of Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur have also been alerted to his potential, with the Saints reported to have seen one big-money approach knocked back.
    Birmingham have no intention of parting with Butland and Clark has made it clear that it would take silly money to tempt the Blues into a sale.
    "If other clubs want my players, I'm cool because it means they're good," he said.
    "But it will take a crazy transfer fee for Jack to leave this club."

Uploads

PSG out of Van Persie race
    Last Updated: July 10 2012, 9:02 BST

Carlo Ancelotti says Paris St Germain are not interested in signing Robin van Persie.

Robin van Persie: Won't extend Arsenal contract
    The Arsenal captain's decision not to extend his contract beyond 2013 has alerted Europe's richest clubs about a possible deal this summer.
    But France's wealthiest club haved rule themselves out of the running.
    Coach Ancelotti said: "Van Persie is not a target of ours, but I think he is for others."
    The PSG boss also killed rumours of a reunion with Andrea Pirlo, who played under him at Milan.
    He said: "Pirlo is an interesting player for any club, but I have had the chance to coach him for eight years and that is enough."

Uploads

Reds can compete on wages - Rodgers
    Last Updated: July 10 2012, 7:48 BST

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists the club can and will compete when it comes to paying top wages for players he feels are worth it.

Brendan Rodgers: 'We won't lose out on wages'
    The Northern Irishman decided not to pursue a deal for newly-signed Tottenham midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson after his salary demands increased beyond what the Reds boss was willing to pay.
    Rodgers had inside knowledge of what the Iceland international had accepted when he had initially decided to agreed to join Swansea, where he spent the latter part of last season on loan from Hoffenheim, before Rodgers moved to Anfield.
    But he stressed that was an isolated case and in another instance circumstances may dictate otherwise.
    "We didn't lose out [on Sigurdsson] because of not wanting to spend the money, we lost out because the manager was not prepared to move," said Rodgers.

"There is no doubt there will be other targets and people we want to bring in but we won't lose out on wages.
    "If we feel there is a player out there in the market whose value and worth can add value to what we are doing here then we will do everything we can to bring them in - no question."
    At a press conference to preview the club's pre-season tour to the United States, where they will play FC Toronto, Roma and Spurs, Rodgers stated he hoped to make an "exciting" signing this week.
    He has been linked with a move for Roma striker Fabio Borini, who had a season on loan from Chelsea at Swansea under Rodgers.
    The Reds boss said they have only made three or four approaches as he was searching for a certain type of individual.
    "There are many components you look at before you bring in a player - first and foremost in terms of his technical and tactical qualities," he said.

"But you are also looking at whether they can add value for many years, is he someone who is going to be short term?
    "Ultimately he has to have the personality - we've seen many good players come here and haven't been able to work here but leave and become very good players again.
    "To play for Liverpool you have to be able to deal with the pressure of a worldwide institution and that you have to do your homework on.
    "You have to ensure those players have the capacity and capabilities to achieve that and that is something which is a part of our recruitment strategy in relation to bringing a player in.
    "When you are a player at Liverpool you are also a role model in every way.
    "I like my players to be professional on and off the field."

Uploads

Milito keen to stay at Inter

I hope to continue until 2014, says Argentine forward
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 10:45am

Diego Milito: Wants to remain at Inter despite reports of a return to Argentina

Inter Milan forward Diego Milito has stressed his desire to remain at the club until the end of his contract.
    The Argentina international has two years remaining on his current deal but has been linked with a return to his homeland and former side Racing Club.
    However, the 33-year-old, who bounced back from a quiet spell to score 24 goals in 33 Serie A appearances last season, has pledged his future to his current club.

"I want to remain at Inter," Milito told Gazzetta dello Sport. "When you feel love in one place you want to remain there.
    "I am happy here and I don't think I will ever be able to repay the affection shown by the Inter fans to me. I hope to continue here until 2014."
    Milito joined Inter from Genoa in 2009 and helped the Nerazzurri to UEFA Champions League glory the following year with two goals in the final against Bayern Munich.

Uploads

Labbadia fears Tasci exit

We have a competitive disadvantage, complains Stuttgart boss
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 10:29am

Serdar Tasci: Stuttgart boss believes the defender is irreplaceable

Stuttgart manager Bruno Labbadia believes the club's decision to cut the wage bill means keeping star defender Serdar Tasci is critical.
    Budgets are being cut at the Mercedes-Benz Arena and Tasci could be among those heading for the exit amid reports of interest from Barcelona.

Labbadia admits he is worried about the 25-year-old Germany international leaving - not least because he is aware that the club do not have the resources to replace him.
    "We already have a small competitive disadvantage regarding our main rivals in the league," Labbadia told kicker-Sportmagazin.
    "Of course, we have to be aware and we have to ensure this disadvantage is not getting out of hand.

"I am very worried about Tasci, like I am worried about every player of my first-team squad.
    "We would not possess the resources to sign a good replacement."
    Tasci is a product of the Stuttgart youth system and has played nearly 200 games for the club. He has two years remaining on his contract with the Reds.

Uploads

Samp set to swoop for Lopez

Agent also suggests Rigoni is keen on switch to Genovese club
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 11:19am

Maxi Lopez: Looks set to be moving to Sampdoria

Sampdoria are trying to bolster their squad with the signing of Catania forward Maxi Lopez, the player's agent has confirmed.
    The Argentine striker finished last season on loan at AC Milan but the Rossoneri opted against purchasing the 28-year-old on a permanent basis.

With no future for the former Barcelona man back at Catania, Lopez is believed to be attracting interest from numerous clubs including Torino and Sampdoria.
    Both clubs were restored to their natural habitat of Serie A after winning promotion in the last campaign but it is Sampdoria who are best placed to sign Lopez.

His agent, Andrea D'Amico, told Primocanalesport: "Sampdoria are working hard and very seriously on signing Lopez. I think the deal will soon assume a more definitive outcome.
    "The boy has shown a willingness to go to Sampdoria."
    Dream

New Sampdoria coach Ciro Ferrara could also add Novara's Marco Rigoni to the squad.
    Rigoni is another client of D'Amico and the agent was also keen to talk up the possibility of the player making a move to the Blucerchiati.
    D'Amico added: "Rigoni? Sampdoria director of sport Pasquale Sensibile knows him, and knows that he has had several good seasons and two promotions.
    "This year he was the best midfielder in Serie A and scored 11 goals. For Rigoni it would be a dream to play for Sampdoria."
    Novara were relegated from the top flight last season despite the best efforts of the 32-year-old midfielder, who is also known to Ferrara from their time together at Juventus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast