Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 11-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 11-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 11-07-2012

Moura calm over future

Brazil midfielder trying to focus on football after Inter & Man Utd links
    Last Updated: July 11, 2012 7:36am

Lucas Moura: Reported Inter Milan and Manchester United target is not worrying about speculation

Lucas Moura insists he is not worrying about his future following renewed speculation linking the Sao Paulo midfielder with Inter Milan and Manchester United.
    The 19-year-old is one of the brightest prospects in world football and has also been linked with a move to the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid.

He admitted earlier this week that his father had held talks with Italian giants Inter, but reports have claimed United have sent a delegation to Brazil to discuss a deal.
    United are reportedly willing to pay 30million for Moura and want to finalise his signing before he features for Brazil at the Olympic Games.
    However, in response to fresh rumours of interest from Inter, the midfielder says he is not getting involved in any discussions about a possible move.
    Speculation

"I know nothing concrete, just speculation and interest," Moura told Lancenet.
    "I'm glad that a big European team showed interest, but I stay out of this, my agent deals with that.
    "I don't want to worry about that, I just want to play football."
    Inter were reportedly ready to offer 25million (19.7m) for Moura - a figure which Sao Paulo have described as 'ridiculous'.
    But Moura is not fretting about his price tag, adding: "I'm not the one who sets my transfer value, the club do. I just play football."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 11-07-2012

Zola hoping for Mariappa stay

But boss won't block defender from making Premier League move
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 10:42pm

Adrian Mariappa: Has been linked with a Premier League move

New Watford manager Gianfranco Zola is keen to keep the club's reigning player of the year Adrian Mariappa at Vicarage Road this summer.
    Zola, who was appointed by the Hornets last week as Sean Dyche's successor, will be revealing his new-look backroom team in the coming days and is currently assessing the playing squad.
    One player he definitely wants to keep hold of is defender Mariappa, who came through the youth ranks at the club.
    The agent of the Jamaica international, who has been attracting admiring glances from the Premier League, with Reading expressing an interest, held talks with the club on Monday.
    Decision

Zola hopes the 25-year-old will stay at Watford but will not stand in his way if a top-flight side comes knocking.
    "Adrian I know is a very good player and was one of the best last year," said the new boss.
    "Obviously we want to keep him but we understand it is not only our decision, also it's Adrian's.
    "I understand he maybe has the possibility to go to the Premier League and I won't step in front of him and stop him if he wants to go."

Uploads

Rodgers - Skrtel committed

Liverpool manager looking forward to working with defensive duo
    Last Updated: July 11, 2012 8:37am

Martin Skrtel: Impressed Brendan Rodgers with his committed attitude

Brendan Rodgers has revealed that he held positive talks with Martin Skrtel over the weekend and is looking forward to working with the Slovakian and his defensive partner Daniel Agger.
    Skrtel has been linked with a move away from Liverpool this summer after reportedly attracting the attention of clubs such as Manchester City with his performances last season.
    He stated last month that he had received no offers and planned to stay at Anfield, where he still has two years remaining on his current contract.
    Rodgers has been impressed by the 27-year-old's attitude already and has no doubts that he will continue to give his all for the club.
    Fighting

The new Reds manager will nevertheless try to tie Skrtel and Agger down to fresh contracts over the next few months.
    "I met Martin for the first time on Saturday. He is a good guy. I'm looking forward to working with him, likewise Daniel," Rodgers said in the Daily Express.
    "I had a good feeling after I spoke to him. He is very committed to the cause. He has made it very clear that he wants to be here, fighting and working to make the club better.
    "These are issues that we will look to find solutions to in the coming months."

Uploads

Terriers confirm Lynch signing

Grayson feels arrival of defender from Forest is a 'real coup'
    Last Updated: July 11, 2012 7:53am

Joel Lynch: Defender has joined Huddersfield on a three-year contract from Nottingham Forest

Huddersfield Town have wrapped up the signing of Joel Lynch on a free transfer from Nottingham Forest, with the defender agreeing a three-year contract.
    Sky Sports revealed on Tuesday that Lynch was undergoing a medical at the Galpharm Stadium after rejecting the chance to stay with Forest.
    He made 90 appearances during almost four years at the City Ground after initially joining on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion, but has opted for a fresh challenge.
    Terriers boss Simon Grayson feels the deal is a 'real coup' for the Championship newcomers after claiming there was a wealth of interest in the 24-year-old.
    Fantastic

"This is a fantastic deal for the club because without going into too much detail around six to eight Championship and two Premier League clubs showed a very strong interest in Joel," Grayson told the club's official website.
    "We've had to be patient and we've worked very hard, but it's all worthwhile and we're delighted to have him here.
    "Joel is a strong, athletic, left-sided centre-half who can also play at left-back. He's a good age and a great lad, he was a big influence in keeping Nottingham Forest up last season.
    "The fact that he has chosen to come to us is evidence that people are really buying into what we're trying to do here, it's a real coup for Huddersfield Town."

Uploads

Hammers keen on Carroll

Reds striker understood to have been identified as a loan target
    Last Updated: July 11, 2012 7:35am

Andy Carroll: Liverpool striker is thought to be on West Ham's radar

Sky Sports sources understand that West Ham United are interested in signing striker Andy Carroll on loan from Liverpool.
    Brendan Rodgers earlier this week refused to rule out the possibility of Carroll leaving Anfield on a temporary deal, following speculation linking him with a move to AC Milan.
    Rodgers insisted that he had yet to hear from the Italian club, but it is now understood that the Hammers have identified Carroll as a transfer target.
    Sam Allardyce is keen to bolster his squad ahead of the new Premier League season and could now be set to hold talks with the Reds about Carroll.
    Form

The 23-year-old centre-forward has struggled to make an impact on Merseyside since securing a 35million switch from Newcastle 18 months ago.
    He began to find some form towards the end of last season and his performances were rewarded with a call-up to the England squad for Euro 2012, where he scored the opening goal against Sweden with a powerful header.
    Rodgers has made it clear that he regards Carroll as a fine player, but the Northern Irishman is keen to get Liverpool playing in a certain style after replacing Kenny Dalglish at the helm earlier this summer.
    He has announced that he is close to adding at least one fresh face to the squad, with Roma striker Fabio Borini said to be 'seriously considering' a move to Anfield.

Uploads

Cardiff and Celtic target Kim

Winger claims Bluebirds and Hoops are possible destinations
    Last Updated: July 10, 2012 10:20pm

Kim Bo-Kyung: Claims Cardiff and Celtic are possible destinations

South Korea winger Kim Bo-Kyung claims he has attracted interest from Cardiff and Celtic this summer.
    The Cerezo Osaka player is thought to have turned heads with two goals and two assists in his country's World Cup qualifiers against Qatar and Lebanon last month.
    Reports in the Korean media claim Kim's agency, Ivansports, has confirmed the winger is in talks with Cardiff over a potential move.
    The 22-year-old is keen on a European switch and says he is open to joining the Bluebirds or Scottish Premier League champions Celtic.
    Possible

"Celtic and Cardiff City are possible destinations now," he is quoted as saying.
    "I don't mind that Cardiff are in the Championship. I have no experience in Europe so I can learn step-by-step.
    "I'd like to play in England or Germany. My agent and officials of Cerezo Osaka are working on my transfer."
    It has been reported Kim's agency recently turned down a 6 million (4.7m) offer from Monaco for the winger.

Uploads

Al-Wasl sack Diego Maradona
    Last Updated: July 10 2012, 20:20 BST

Diego Maradona has been sacked as manager of United Arab Emirates club Al-Wasl.

Diego Maradona: Sacked by Al-Wasl
    The Argentinian's position had been in doubt since last month when the club's entire board resigned following a trophyless season.
    Maradona was appointed boss in May last year but after only managing eighth place in the Pro-League in his first season in charge he has been sacked after meeting the new board today.

"Following a meeting held by the board of directors of Al Wasl Football Company held today [Tuesday], to evaluate the technical staff of Al Wasl Football Team under the leadership of coach Diego Maradona, it was decided to terminate the services of coach Diego Maradona and his technical staff," a statement from the club said.

Maradona still had a year to run on his contract with the ambitious Dubai-based club.
    The 51-year-old had been brought in to help boost the club's profile, both on and off the pitch, but in addition to a disappointing league campaign they crashed out of the President's Cup and Emirates Cup at the quarter-final stage.

Uploads

Redknapp: Russia 'fantastic for someone'
    Last Updated: July 11 2012, 8:48 BST

Former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp appears not to have ruled out the possibility of becoming manager of Russia.

Harry Redknapp: On shortlist for Russia job
    On Tuesday the Russia Football Union (RFU) released an ambitious 13-man shortlist that includes Redknapp, ex-England manager Fabio Capello and former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola as they seek to to replace Dick Advocaat.
    Redknapp told The Sun: "I haven't been contacted but I'm sure it's a fantastic job for someone."
    Advocaat announced before Russia's disappointing Euro 2012 campaign, when they failed to reach the knockout stage, that he would move to PSV Eindhoven for the new season.

The RFU's list includes high-profile out-of-contract names such as Capello, who has been a free agent since leaving his England post earlier this year, as well as Redknapp, who left Tottenham last month despite steering them to fourth place in the Premier League last term.
    Redknapp was favourite to replace Capello as boss of England earlier this year but that job eventually went to Roy Hodgson instead.
    Capello has previously also been linked with big-spending Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala, whose former boss Yuri Krasnozhan was included among seven Russian names.

The RFU statement read: "The Russian Football Union has officially informed that the organisation plans to consult, in full compliance with the rules of FIFA and UEFA, the appointment of the head coach of Russian national team, with the following experts: Rafael Benitez, Anatoliy Byshovets, Marcelo Bielsa, Valery Gazzaev, Josep Guardiola, Fabio Capello, Andrei Kobelev, Yuri Krasnozhan, Marcello Lippi, Valery Nepomnyashchy, Nikolai Pisarev, Harry Redknapp, Yuri Semin."
    Guardiola's inclusion comes despite the Spaniard having repeatedly stated he would take a year's sabbatical after opting not to renew his Barca deal.

Other major names of the list include former Champions League winner Rafael Benitez, out of work since leaving Inter Milan in December 2010, as well as Italy's World Cup-winning boss Marcello Lippi.

Uploads

Besiktas close on Allan McGregor
    Last Updated: July 10 2012, 16:24 BST

Allan McGregor is in talks with Besiktas, according to the Turkish club's official website.

Allan McGregor: Talks with Besiktas
    The Scotland goalkeeper, 30, is one of several Ibrox players who have, following advice from PFA Scotland, rejected the chance to transfer their contracts from Rangers to Charles Green's newco.
    Steven Naismith has moved to Everton, Steven Whittaker has signed for Norwich and Jamie Ness has joined Stoke.
    Northern Ireland duo Steve Davis and Kyle Lafferty are at Southampton and Swiss side Sion respectively, and McGregor could be next to leave Govan, with the Besiktas website stating that the club "began talks with goalkeeper Allan McGregor".

Despite Lafferty making his debut for Sion in a 1-1 friendly draw against Marseille on Sunday, none of the five players who have found new clubs have received international clearance as Rangers newco continue to dispute the players' status.
    Green rejects the claim that the players are free agents and the former Sheffield United chief executive sent letters to clubs across the UK warning them that the players who objected to the switch to the newco were in breach of contract.

Uploads

Friedel impressed by AVB

Experienced Spurs goalkeeper unfazed by talk of Lloris signing
    Last Updated: July 11, 2012 11:48am

Brad Friedel: Tipping Andre Villas-Boas to be successful at Tottenham after making an instant impression

Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel believes fans should be excited to have Andre Villas-Boas as their new manager.
    The 34-year-old Portuguese coach replaced Harry Redknapp earlier this summer just four months after being dismissed by London rivals Chelsea.
    Villas-Boas has been taking pre-season training this week and Friedel, who is seven years older than his new boss, has been impressed by what he has seen so far.
    "He is a very ambitious manager, he is very organised and training has been very sharp."
    Brad Friedel on Andre Villas-Boas Quotes of the week

"You can only take people on what you see, and from what I have seen he is a very ambitious manager, he is very organised and training has been very sharp," Friedel told talkSPORT.
    "He has let us know he wants to come here to win things, so in the first couple of days, everything looks very good.
    "The club did a very good job of going out to get someone very ambitious.
    "There are also a lot of great staff members behind the scenes here who stayed on, so there is still that Tottenham base.
    "This is all positive and our fans should be excited for the upcoming season."
    Competition

Friedel joined Spurs after his contract at Aston Villa expired last summer and soon established himself as first choice under Redknapp.
    Spurs are reportedly keen to bring in France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris from Lyon - jeopardising Friedel's position as No.1 - but the veteran understands the need to bring in players.
    "I will do whatever asked of me, whether that is number one, two or three and will do it to the best of my ability."
    Brad Friedel Quotes of the week

"We will welcome any good addition to the squad," he added.
    "When I first signed here, there was no secret Tottenham would one day need a new long-term goalkeeper.
    "I am 41, this could be my final season.
    "I will do whatever asked of me, whether that is number one, two or three and will do it to the best of my ability.
    "When you get older, it is easier to realise this is a team sport and the egos have to take a back seat if you want to be successful."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast