Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 14-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 14-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 14-07-2012

Tevez 'settled' at Man City

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez claims he is settled at the club and is focused on retaining their Premier League title.

carlos Tevez: Happy at Manchester City
    The 28-year-old Argentina international spent much of last season in his homeland after a fall-out with manager Roberto Mancini after a Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich when he was accused of refusing to warm up.
    After more than three months' absence without permission Tevez returned to England, apologised to the City boss and went on to play a part in the club's first top-flight title win since 1968.

He is still being linked with clubs, AC Milan being reportedly interested again, but he said he is comfortable at City.
    "I have a lot of different targets," said Tevez in a question and answer session, set up by the club, with fans on Twitter.
    "I think that now I feel settled at the club and feel good in myself and am working hard.
    "The main aim of every one of the players is to have as good a league campaign as possible and try to be champions again and also get as far as we can in the Champions League.

"This is what all the players want and so does the club."
    Tevez further enhanced his status with supporters by revealing his favourite goals were all the ones he scored against former club and city rivals Manchester United.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 14-07-2012

Liverpool complete Borini signing

Roma striker Fabio Borini has become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager after finalising a long-term deal at Anfield.

Fabio Borini: Joins Liverpool on long-term deal
    The 21-year-old Italy international has passed a medical and agreed personal terms at the club's Melwood training ground.
    Borini moves to Anfield for a fee Press Association Sport understands is in the region of 7.9million.
    Borini will be reunited with Rodgers, with whom he worked in the Chelsea youth set up, for a second time having spent a short spell on loan at Swansea in the 2010/11 season.

The young forward, who scored six goals in nine matches for the Swans, is pleased to be back in the country and hopes he can help fire the club back into the Champions League.
    "I felt really good because I wanted to come back to England one day. I knew sooner or later I would be back," he said.
    "Being back with Liverpool is even better because I can show the people what I can do - we've got the Europa League and lots of things to play for.
    "I hope to achieve the maximum I can, by scoring goals, getting into the Champions League and all of the things the club also wants - and all the other players.

"It's a top club that has won a lot of trophies in the past - and will do so in the future we hope as well."
    Borini believes he will find it easy to fit in at Anfield as he is well aware what Rodgers expects and how he wants to play.
    The fact the Reds boss made him his first signing since taking over from Kenny Dalglish last month also means a lot to the Italian.
    "I've got the trust of the manager and the club, which for me is very nice and I'm proud to be here," he told liverpoolfc.com.
    "He was very important. I wouldn't say it was the key, but most of it came from him.
    "Even during last season, I spoke with him a lot. I'd text him and ask if he was okay and congratulated him on the results he got with Swansea.
    "First of all it is a relationship of friendship and afterwards it is a working one. That is more important than anything.
    "I used to play 4-3-3 with him and he is very good to play football for.
    "It is great to play football for him because you can have fun and you can get results.
    "I could see at Swansea the people loved him because the football was attractive. People like to see football (played) like this."
    Borini only moved back to his homeland last summer as, when his contract at Stamford Bridge expired, he joined Parma who paid a small fee in compensation.

He was immediately loaned out to Roma where he scored nine times in 24 matches and, after they bought half of his rights in January, the Serie A club secured full ownership, at a total cost of around 6million, last month.
    Borini's form earned him a place in Italy's Euro 2012 squad but he remained on the bench throughout his country's run to the final, where they were beaten by Spain.
    Rodgers outlined the reasons why he was so keen to bring Borini to Anfield.
    "Fabio fits the model of what we're trying to do in building not only for now, but also for the future," he said.
    "He's a big talent, 21 years of age, he scores goals, and his passion, focus and concentration is a very important part of his game - and a big part of what you want from a player.
    "I think the supporters will love him. He's a multi-functional player who can play in a number of positions and someone I believe has got great growth.

"I'd anticipate that over the next two or three years he'll really progress and I'm sure do very well for Liverpool.
    "He is arguably the best physical player I've worked with in terms of his pace, power and fitness.
    "Mentally, he's very strong. We've got a player who is on the up and someone who I think Liverpool will benefit from."
    Borini will be expected to play a prominent role in the coming season, and while Rodgers has high hopes for the 21-year-old he is keen not to have unrealistic expectations.

"I don't want to put any unnecessary pressure on him. I believe he's one who can impact now - and he still has a lot of learning, growth and a lot to achieve in the game," added the Northern Irishman.
    "To leave a club like Roma having done very well for them shows the pull we have as a football club."

Uploads

Maxi Rodriguez leaves Liverpool

Liverpool have announced that Maxi Rodriguez has left the club and returned to his native South America to re-sign for Newell's Old Boys.

Maxi Rodriguez: Returns to his former club
    The 31-year-old forward has headed back to his homeland after deciding against prolonging his stay in England.
    Maxi arrived at Anfield from Atletico Madrid in January 2010 and made 73 appearances for the club, scoring 17 goals.
    It was expected that he would be on the move this summer, even after Brendan Rodgers replaced Kenny Dalglish in the Reds hot-seat.

Rodgers had expressed a desire to keep Maxi on Merseyside, but was always aware that a return to Argentina would appeal to the winger.
    And Maxi has now rejoined Newell's, the club that helped him to launch a successful career, after 10 years in Europe - during which time he has turned out for Espanyol, Atletico and Liverpool.

"Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Maxi Rodriguez has joined Newell's Old Boys in Argentina," read a statement released on the club's official website.
    "Everyone at Liverpool FC would like to thank Maxi for his contribution to the club and wish him all the best for the future."

Uploads

Capello Russia talks 'to continue'

Fabio Capello could be named as the new Russia manager next week after reportedly holding talks with officials on Friday.

Fabio Capello: In talks over Russia job
    Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko revealed discussions with the former England boss were ongoing ahead of a possible appointment next week.
    "I think we had good impressions on each other. Our talks will continue," Mutko reportedly told local media.
    "Because of a limited timeframe I think we will name a new coach early next week, give or take a few days to complete all the paperwork."
    Capello was named in an ambitious 13-man wish-list earlier this week that also included Harry Redknapp, Pep Guardiola and Rafael Benitez.

The 66-year-old Italian, who had previously been linked with big-spending Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala, has been out of work since he quit as England boss in February.
    Russia have been without a manager after Dick Advocaat left the post, to join PSV Eindhoven, after failing to steer his side out of the group at Euro 2012.

Uploads

Pearson plans defender swoop

Foxes boss looking for a centre-half

Nigel Pearson: Looking to make quality additions to his Leicester squad

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has made the acquisition of a new centre-half a top priority this summer as he prepares to dip into the transfer market.
    The Foxes have offloaded Matt Mills and Sol Bamba, while Aleksandar Tunchev has been released.
    Pearson believes trimming his squad was essential, after inheriting a sizeable group of players from Sven Goran Eriksson.
    He believes the playing staff at the King Power Stadium is now more manageable, but admits he will be looking to bring in quality additions if possible.
    Business

"With Sol and Matt Mills leaving, we clearly need to bring in a centre-back," said Pearson.
    "That apart, we'll see what we can do. We may do some more business. It is important to try and keep the balance in the squad right and improve the quality.
    "There is a workable number in the squad. We had an awful lot of players last season. It must be around 20 who have left since I arrived back.
    "We have brought in six, but I still think we need a competitive squad. So the number, whether it is around 24 or 25, is a decent number. In that, there will be a few fringe players. It is very hard to keep everyone happy when you have 30-plus first-team players."

Uploads

Guidetti holds Lazio hope

Sweden striker looking for Serie A switch

John Guidetti: Hoping to be offered the opportunity to test himself in the Italian top-flight

John Guidetti is hoping to secure a move away from Manchester City and has revealed that a switch to Lazio would be his preferred choice.
    The 20-year-old striker spent last season on loan at Dutch outfit Feyenoord, scoring 20 goals in 23 league appearances.
    With his profile having risen on the back of his Eredivisie exploits, he is now looking to further his footballing education with a top club in Serie A.
    Lazio are said to be keen and Sweden international Guidetti hopes an agreement can be put in place.
    "My grandfather was Italian," he told Corriere dello Sport.
    Dream

"We originated in Ferrara and I've been coming to Italy on holiday for years.
    "The bind is strong and my family still has an apartment in Rome. I've always dreamed of playing in Serie A one day."
    Guidetti says linking up with Lazio and Germany international Miroslav Klose would be a dream come true.
    "He's a great player in the area. He has scored goals everywhere he's been," added the youngster.
    "If I could play next to him, I'm sure I would learn a lot. We could be a productive partnership, we could mesh well together."

Uploads

Owen searching for right club

Former Man Utd striker waiting for good opportunity
    Last Updated: July 14, 2012 10:12am

Michael Owen: Convinced that he can still be successful in the Premier League

Michael Owen has revealed that he is still waiting for a 'good opportunity' as he looks to join another Premier League club following his Manchester United departure.
    Owen was released by the Red Devils earlier in the summer following three years at Old Trafford, and has since been linked with a number of clubs including Stoke.

He has not yet agreed a deal with anyone but remains convinced that he can be successful in the top flight.
    "If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it," Owen said on Twitter.
    "I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Manchester United."
    Enjoyment

Owen insisted in May that he had no intention of retiring, but he does not want to drop down to playing in the Championship.
    "At 32, I've still got a few years in me," he said.
    "At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing.
    "Not being disrespectful when I say I wouldn't play in the Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.
    "After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don't think I would enjoy that football."

Uploads

Jaime claims Spurs interest

Valladolid yet to receive offer for Spanish keeper
    Last Updated: July 14, 2012 10:21am

Real Valladolid goalkeeper Jaime claims Tottenham are interested in signing him this summer but the club's sporting director says there have been no formal offers.

Jaime helped Valladolid to promotion to the Primera Liga last season via the Segunda Division play-offs.
    The 31-year-old keeper has plenty of experience under his belt after beginning his professional career with Spanish club Valdepenas back in 1998.
    The Spaniard claims Spurs and other clubs are chasing his signature and says he would be open to taking the next step in his career.
    Interest

He told Sky Sports: "That is true. Spurs and other clubs are interested.
    "The situation is in the hands of my agent and Valladolid. I am happy here but it is normal to desire to improve as a professional."
    Jaime would provide competition for first-choice keeper Brad Friedel at White Hart Lane under new boss Andre Villas-Boas.
    Reports suggest the Spaniard caught the eye of Spurs last season but the club's sporting director, Alberto Marcos, claims no concrete bids have been made.
    He said: "We still do not have a formal proposition on the table."

Uploads

Coyle plays down Romeu talk

Bolton boss not ruling out doing business with Chelsea
    Last Updated: July 14, 2012 1:49pm

Oriol Romeu: Linked with a move to Bolton but Owen Coyle has hinted a deal may not happen

Owen Coyle has cooled speculation linking Bolton Wanderers with a loan move for Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu.
    Stories this summer have suggested that the Trotters could be set to bring in the highly-rated Spaniard on a temporary deal.
    Romeu was granted limited first-team opportunities under Roberto Di Matteo towards the end of last season and it is reported that Bolton could be owed a Chelsea player on loan following the sale of Gary Cahill in January.
    While Coyle admits there is a chance of doing business with the Blues during the transfer window, he has played down the chances of Romeu coming down to the Championship.
    "I'm sure the stuff with Romeu came up because of the relationship we have with Chelsea but sometimes people put two and two together and make five," he told the Bolton News.
    "There is no doubt that if there are players available on loan from Chelsea that Bolton Wanderers would be in the mix but there's got to be an understanding of the level, depending on the player."
    High regard

Coyle believes Bolton may have an advantage if they try to secure any loan deals this summer, having previously helped to develop the careers of young players such as Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea.
    "I'd suggest we've got a great relationship with all the elite clubs, and that's not just in this country," he said.
    "Barcelona B are coming to play against us because of the relationship we have with Barcelona, and we have a very good relationship with Real Madrid.
    "We know there are terrific players out there and that because of those relationships, those kind of clubs trust us with their players and know we'll do right by them.
    "We're held in quite high regard because of how we work with the youngsters and improve them, so I don't think we'll ever be short of being able to entice them to the football club."

Uploads

Spurs to look at Ryan

Australia keeper to spend a week at Tottenham on trial
    Last Updated: July 14, 2012 1:11pm

Mathew Ryan: Will spend a week on trial at Tottenham

Tottenham have invited Australian goalkeeper Mathew Ryan to spend a one-week trial at the club beginning early next month, Central Coast Mariners chairman Peter Turnbull has revealed.
    The Mariners custodian will depart for London on August 2nd and could earn a move to White Hart Lane if he impresses new manager Andre Villas-Boas.
    "It is a magnificent opportunity and experience for Mathew to have a look at a top Premier League club," Central Coast chief Turnbull told AAP.
    Experience

"Tottenham move into their new training facility on the first of August so it will be a great experience for him. I think it is reflective of Mathew's standing in the game.
    "He has stature, he deservedly won a number of awards last season and has already been picked as Mark Schwarzer's understudy for the Socceroos - he is a guy who is sought after."
    Australia international Ryan was named A-League's best keeper last season and earned his first national call-up in February for a World Cup qualifier.

He is widely regarded as one of Australia's most promising youngsters in recent times and is tipped to develop into a world class shot-stopper.
    Spurs appear in the market for a new goalkeeper to provide competition for No.1 Brad Friedel, with Real Valladolid shot-stopper Jaime also thought to be on their radar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast