Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 16-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 16-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 16-07-2012

Mancini fighting to keep duo

Man City manager does not want to lose Tevez or Dzeko
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 8:38am

Edin Dzeko: Linked with a move away from Man City but Roberto Mancini hopes he will stay

Roberto Mancini has admitted it will not be easy to keep hold of Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko, but he hopes the duo will stay at Manchester City.

Tevez's future has been the subject of intense speculation since last summer and he has again been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium during the transfer window, although last week he stated that he is feeling settled at City.
    Fellow striker Dzeko has also reportedly attracted the attention of clubs such as Juventus and Bayern Munich, but Mancini has made it clear that he has no intention of letting either player leave.

Mancini's focus is on strengthening his squad rather than weakening it, as he accepts that City need to improve to compete with Europe's finest.
    "Both Dzeko and Tevez will stay at City. We are a great team and we try to keep all our great players," said the Italian.
    "It won't be easy, but they will stay here.
    "We still lack a couple of players to reach (the level of) Real Madrid and Barcelona. Our mentality has to grow season by season."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 16-07-2012

Inter eye record Oscar deal

Brazilians say Chelsea close to matching demands
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 8:52am

Oscar: Chelsea close to a deal

Brazilian club Internacional insist that Oscar's potential move to Chelsea must be the biggest in the country's history.
    Chelsea and Tottenham have both been strongly linked, but Brazilian sources put the European champions firmly in pole position for the 20-year-old midfielder.
    And now Inter chief Giovanni Luigi has revealed that they want any deal for Oscar to smash the Brazilian record, and Chelsea are close to this.

"I want the transfer of Oscar to be the biggest transfer deal ever in Brazilian football," Luigi told Radio Gaucha.
    "And the Chelsea offer isn't that far from that."
    However, Luigi admitted that they would have no qualms about keeping Oscar - just as they did with Leandro Damiao.
    "Last year Tottenham made two offers for Leandro Damiao. We kept him and he was very important," he continued.

"He is Internacional's top scorer in Libertadores and Brazil's national team number 9.
    "Oscar's situation is similar. I'm part of an administration that has always been competent to replace those players that leave.
    "If regarding Oscar we get offers that match our expectations, we'll negotiate.
    "But they have to be of the value that mean significant resources for Internacional. But those values would be the biggest negotiation in Internacional's history."
    Ganso

Luigi also confirmed that the club are aware of Ganso's link to the club - as the midfielder looks set to quit Santos.
    And whilst confirming their interest, he admitted he does not think the deal will happen.
    "When I talked to him, he told me that his relation with Santos' board has been bad for a while. Delcir Sonda's [whose company owns 50 per cent of the player] information is that he was unhappy.

"If Santos were willing to sell their part, there would be two options: selling him abroad or move him to Internacional.
    "This is a possibility, but a very remote one. I don't believe in that possibility.
    "Sonda is a die-hard Internacional fan and overexcited at times. So he ended up talking about that in an interview. But I can tell you that this possibility is very hard."

Uploads

Villa in Vlaar talks

Dutch defender to consider English deal
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 8:46am

Ron Vlaar: In England for talks

Aston Villa have made a move to try and lure Feyenoord captain Ron Vlaar to England.
    Sky Sports understands that the 27-year-old defender was in Birmingham on Sunday for talks with the club, after being given permission to travel by the Rotterdam giants.
    Villa have a good working relationship with Feyenoord and have already lured Karim El Ahmadi from De Kuip this summer.

Now Paul Lambert is trying to agree a deal for Vlaar - who featured at Euro 2012 for Holland.
    The central defender, who still has two years left on his current deal, is now set to consider whether to leave Holland for the first time in his career.
    "Of course I will think about it, you have to for it to get this far, but it would be a difficult choice," he told AD Sportwereld .

Uploads

Uncertain future for Andy Carroll
    Last Updated: July 16 2012, 6:59 BST

Andy Carroll moved closer to a Liverpool exit on Sunday night despite the Reds rejecting a loan offer from the striker's former club Newcastle.

Andy Carroll: Bid from Newcastle rejected
    Press Association Sport understands Liverpool flatly turned down the Magpies' loan bid but have made it known they would be willing to listen to offers for a permanent move.
    New Reds boss Brendan Rodgers claimed last week that he would consider sending Carroll out on loan but, while the club were not commenting on the matter last night, it is understood a short-term move is now not on the agenda.
    Instead Liverpool will attempt only to recoup some of the club-record 35million they paid to Newcastle 18 months ago should the right offer be tabled.

Whether the Magpies will now be willing to return with a new offer for the Gateshead-born striker, who has failed to live up to his hefty price tag since leaving the north-east, remains to be seen after their loan bid fell well short of anything the Reds might consider.
    Liverpool have already strengthened in attack following the arrival of Rodgers following the signing of Roma striker Fabio Borini last week.
    Rodgers' arrival has seemingly ushered Carroll towards the exit door with claims that the 6ft 3in striker does not fit in with the Northern Irishman's pass-and-move style of play.
    That prompted West Ham to initiate contact over a possible loan move last week before Newcastle's bid, which contained an option for a permanent move, was tabled yesterday.

The Magpies have no immediate need to strengthen their hand in the striking department, although they spent the early part of the summer wooing FC Twente's Luuk de Jong but found the asking price too rich.
    However, the spectre of the release clause in Demba Ba's contract makes him vulnerable, at least until the end of this month, although boss Alan Pardew insisted last week that there had been no contact with any club over any of his key men.
    But Ba and Papiss Cisse could be required by Senegal for the African Nations Cup, while Leon Best and Peter Lovenkrands have left the club, so reinforcements will be required at some point.
    Carroll's departure for Liverpool sparked a furious reaction in the north-east when a man around whom it seemed likely the team would be assembled was allowed to leave.
    Newcastle had little intention of selling him until the final few hours of the transfer window when the Reds made an offer they simply could not refuse.

The forward had barely half a season of top-flight football under his belt, but 11 goals to add to the 19 he had plundered in the npower Championship a season earlier had marked him out as an emerging talent.
    Dalglish was convinced he could prosper on Merseyside, but it simply did not happen for him in his first year or so at his new club, and his price-tag was repeatedly thrown back in his face as Ba and Cisse, the men signed from the proceeds, prospered on the other side of the Pennines.
    He belatedly made an impression at the end of last season and was one of few England players to emerge from Euro 2012 with any credit after scoring a superb headed goal against Sweden.

Uploads

Bradley delight at Roma switch
    Last Updated: July 16 2012, 9:01 BST

New signing Michael Bradley has described his move to Roma as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

Michael Bradley: Has joined Roma
    The 24-year-old midfielder completed his 3.75million euros transfer to the Eternal City from Chievo on Sunday and has signed a four-year contract with the Giallorossi.
    "I am very happy to be able to play at Roma," Bradley said to www.asromanews.it. "This chance only comes once in a lifetime.
    "This club believes in me and I have proved that I am worthy of wearing this shirt.
    "Now I want to show that I can earn a starting place at Roma, that I'm a player who can help the team to do well and give my best.
    "I am really enthusiastic and looking forward to working with (Roma coach Zdenek) Zeman, who is one of the best coaches in Italy."
    The USA international attracted the attention of several clubs after an impressive debut season in Serie A.

Bradley, who has won 69 caps for his country, joined Chievo last summer from Borussia Monchengladbach and made 31 league appearances for the Serie A outfit.
    "This year has been very important to me," he said. "I must thank Chievo because they gave me the opportunity to play in Italy and they believed in me when no one else did.
    "When I heard that Roma wanted me, I only had the Giallorossi club on my mind."

Uploads

Martinez still a Bayern target

Heynckes keen to bring in Bilbao midfielder
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 12:14pm

Javi Martinez: Athletic Bilbao midfielder has attracted the attention of Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes has confirmed his interest in Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez as he looks to strengthen his squad to compete on multiple fronts.
    Spain international Martinez has been quoted recently as saying that he is 'very happy' at Bilbao, where he is under contract until June 2016.

Heynckes insists the biggest obstacle to a move is Bilbao's 40million (31.4m) valuation, but he remains keen on the versatile 23-year-old midfielder.
    Bayern will again be challenging for glory in both the Bundesliga and the UEFA Champions League over the coming 12 months, and Heynckes feels he needs greater competition for places.
    Part of plans

"You need to read these statements (from Martinez) right. The transfer fee is exorbitant, this is the main problem," Heynckes told Bild.
    "Still, it's a fact he is a part of our plans.
    "Our club, Bayern Munich, will again have to juggle many balls in the new season. Therefore we need to rely on many good players.
    "We need to have good alternatives, as we did not have these options in terms of players last season."

Uploads

Ibrahimovic talks ongoing

PSG yet to put a deal in place for Swedish striker
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 12:10pm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Remains locked in transfer talks with Paris St Germain

Paris St Germain remain confident of agreeing a deal for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but admit talks remain ongoing with no more meetings scheduled as yet.
    The ambitious French outfit have already secured the services of Thiago Silva from AC Milan and are hoping to complete a double swoop on the Serie A giants.

PSG have already agreed a fee for Ibrahimovic, but have seen discussions regarding personal terms slow things down.
    Reports in Italy suggest the Sweden international is holding out for a better deal, despite seeing PSG match his salary in Milan.
    Discussions are set to continue, with all parties hopeful of reaching an agreement, but it is possible that transfer talks could drag on for another 24 hours at least.
    "We continue to hold talks with Zlatan," PSG sporting director Leonardo told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "The negotiations are going forward but I can assure you that today (Monday) we have no meetings scheduled."
    Future

Ibrahimovic's agent is also reluctant to speculate on when a deal may be done.
    Mino Raiola told L'Equipe: "I didn't come back to France on Sunday and I am not planning on coming back on Monday.
    "No meeting with Leonardo has been planned.
    "If I could predict the future with any certainty, I would play the lottery every week."

Uploads

Van Persie returns

Dutchman will hold talks with Arsenal
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 10:30am

Robin van Persie: Will report back on Monday

Robin van Persie returns to Arsenal on Monday following his summer break and Sky Sports understands he will hold talks with the club.
    However, there is no indication that Van Persie's stance over a new contract has changed - as he awaits further developments on his future.
    Juventus, Manchester City and Manchester United all maintain an interest in landing the coveted signature of the Dutchman - who has a year left on his current deal.

Arsenal would seemingly be loath to be dragged into another situation similar to that of Samir Nasri last summer, and it is believed they would rather a deal be done sooner rather than later.
    Arsenal are due to depart for a pre-season tour of the Far East this weekend, and it remains to be seen whether their captain will be involved or if the situation over his future moves on in the coming days.
    Van Persie revealed earlier month that he would not be extending his contract with Arsenal, due to disagreements on how the club should move forward.

Uploads

Wray plays down Kewell talk
    Last Updated: July 16, 2012 12:14pm

Kewell: Free agent

Interim chairman Jeremy Wray has denied reports linking Swindon with a move for former Liverpool winger Harry Kewell.
    The Australian has been a free agent since leaving Melbourne Victory in his homeland last season.
    Reports suggest the 33-year-old is keen on a return to England for family reasons having also spent three years with Turkish side Galatasaray.

However, Wray insists Town are not making moves to sign Kewell.
    He told the Advertiser: "There is nothing at all in it, no association at all. I have seen the rumours but there is nothing in them, the first I saw about it was in the media."

Uploads

Forest confirm McCarthy talks
    Last Updated: July 16 2012, 10:34 BST

Nottingham Forest's new owners have confirmed they have held talks with Mick McCarthy about the vacant managerial post at the City Ground.

Mick McCarthy: In talks with Forest owners
    The Kuwaiti-based Al-Hasawi family took control of Forest last week, immediately deciding to sack Steve Cotterill.
    The new owners, who aim to get the midlands club back in the Premier League, were unveiled at a press conference on Saturday.
    At the media gathering one of the owners - Abdulaziz Al-Hasawi - revealed they had opened talks with McCarthy, who has proved his credentials at Championship level by guiding both Sunderland and Wolves to the Premier League as champions in 2005 and 2009 respectively.
    "Mick is one of the people we are talking to, but there are others. If he meets our requirements, we would be honoured to work with Mick," said Al-Hasawi.

"It is very important for the manager to have good knowledge of this league and the teams involved in it.
    "They must also have an understanding when it comes to working with a club and developing it.
    "We are looking for somebody with a strong CV, with a lot of experience. We want somebody who has good, strong character to come in and inspire the players."

Al Hasawi added: "We have interviewed some people on the phone but we're starting to see people face to face and you get a much better impression when you see them face to face. They are more comfortable and can speak more openly."
    Former Republic of Ireland boss McCarthy was sacked by Wolves at the end of last season following relegation from the Premier League after almost six years in charge at Molineux.

Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson and former Forest midfielder Roy Keane, who has also won promotion from the Championship as Sunderland boss, are also thought to be contenders to replace Cotterill, who was dismissed on Thursday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast