Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 19-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 19-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 19-07-2012

Juve still trying for RVP

Turin giants remain keen on Arsenal's Dutch ace
    Last Updated: July 19, 2012 8:35am

Robin van Persie: Arsenal striker wanted by Juventus after confirming he will not sign a new deal

Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta admits they know what they need to do to land Robin van Persie.
    Sky Sports revealed earlier this month that Juve are leading the chase for the Arsenal captain, who is also wanted by Manchester City and Manchester United.

The Gunners have received offers for the Dutchman, who has confirmed that he has no desire to extend his current deal which has one year left to run.
    Van Persie is understood to be considering his options with a move to Turin firmly in his thinking.
    And Marotta admits that they are trying to seal a move which they consider a "fans' dream".
    "Van Persie is a fans' dream," Marotta said.

"Everyone has dreams but then you have to confront this with the reality.
    "We know what we have to do, and that is the important thing."
    Jovetic

Should their bid for Van Persie fail, then Juve are also keen on Fiorentina ace Stevan Jovetic.
    But they seem insistent that they will not pay the €30milion fee that the Florence outfit are demanding for the Montenegro international.
    "Fiorentina want €30million for Jovetic. Everyone is free to determine the price they want for a player - but we have not begun any talks with Fiorentina," he added.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 19-07-2012

AVB - Modric won't go on cheap

Spurs will only part ways with Croatian for right offer
    Last Updated: July 19, 2012 9:05am

Luka Modric: Thought to be on his way out of Spurs this summer

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has made it clear to clubs chasing Luka Modric that Spurs will only let the playmaker leave for the right price.
    The Portuguese boss has previously confirmed Modric wants to depart White Hart Lane this summer and speculation over the future of the Croatian remains rife.

Primera Liga champions Real Madrid are believed to be frontrunners for the 26-year-old's signature, while Manchester United and Paris St Germain have also been linked.
    Villas-Boas, who replaced Harry Redknapp as manager earlier in the summer, says three clubs are interested in Modric but insists he will not be sold until Spurs' asking price, thought to be around 35million, is met.

Speaking after Tottenham's friendly win over Stevenage on Wednesday night, the boss said: "It's exactly as we stand.
    "There has been continuous interest from three different clubs and I think it's important for Tottenham to hold on to their rights.
    "I have spoken openly about Luka's situation and the situation will continue exactly as it is until the chairman feels that the price is right."
    Spurs chairman Daniel Levy stood firm to keep the Croatian at the club 12 months ago when he had set his sights on a switch to Chelsea.
    The Croatian has been a star player for the North Londoners in recent seasons after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008.

Uploads

Rovers ask about Hines

Kean expresses an interest in Boro defender
    Last Updated: July 18, 2012 10:46pm

Seb Hines: Understood to be a possible transfer target for Blackburn

Sky Sports understands that Blackburn Rovers have made an enquiry about the availability of Middlesbrough defender Seb Hines.
    The 24-year-old is a product of the academy system at the Riverside Stadium and has spent his entire career to date on Boro's books.
    It is believed that Tony Mowbray is keen to tie Hines down to a new long-term deal.

That would suggest that Blackburn's approach will have been given short shrift.
    Rovers are, however, determined to find themselves a new centre-half.
    It is expected that Scott Dann will soon be heading out of Ewood Park and Steve Kean will need to cover his loss.

Uploads

Nemeth makes Roda move

Striker signs up with Eredivisie outfit
    Last Updated: July 18, 2012 9:42pm

Krisztian Nemeth: Looking forward to turning out in the Dutch top-flight again

Krisztian Nemeth has signed a two-year contract with Roda JC, offering him an immediate return to Holland following a loan spell at RKC Waalwijk.
    The 23-year-old striker spent time in the Eredivisie last season after being deemed surplus to requirements by Greek outfit Olympiakos.
    He caught the eye during his time with Waalwijk and Roda have taken the opportunity to snap him up on a deal which includes the option for a third year.

Former Liverpool forward Nemeth moves as a free agent and is looking forward to working with Ruud Brood again, the man who took him to Waalwijk before taking the Roda reins this summer.
    "I am very happy that I can play for Roda JC," the Hungary international told the club's official website.
    "Besides the fact that I have already worked with the coach, I have also made this choice because of the club.
    "There is a strong team here and in the past many Hungarians have played here."

Uploads

Fergie calm on Berba future

United boss happy for Bulgarian to stay
    Last Updated: July 19, 2012 8:38am

Dimitar Berbatov: Has been linked with an Old Trafford exit

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says he would be happy for Dimitar Berbatov to remain at Old Trafford but understands why the out-of-favour striker wants to leave.
    United's record signing has cut a lonely figure since being left out of the squad for the UEFA Champions League final defeat to Barcelona in 2010.
    Berbatov was further squeezed out last term thanks to the emergence of Danny Welbeck, in addition to the presence of Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez.
    Speculation

The 31-year-old Bulgarian took to his Facebook site earlier this week to question how he was still at Old Trafford when it was obvious he had no future.
    Berbatov has been linked with AC Milan, who have just sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Paris St Germain, and also a possible move to Turkey.
    After the 30.75million man featured in an advanced midfield role in Wednesday night's 1-0 win over AmaZulu in Durban, Ferguson explained his mixed feelings over Berbatov.

"I do not need to herald the abilities of Dimitar Berbatov, he is a fantastic talent," said Ferguson.
    "Last season he didn't quite get the amount of football he wants. At his age, it was difficult for him to accept his position in the forward line.
    "He had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez in front of him, and they are all young men.
    "The boy has a future, but if he wants to leave it is a different matter.

"I am easy about it if he stays. I would be happy with that. But if someone comes in and Dimitar wants to leave, we will assess it."
    Meanwhile, Ferguson has reiterated that the number one priority for him this season is to reclaim the Premier League title from Manchester City.
    The manager is expecting Paul Scholes to play a big role, even though he will celebrate his 38th birthday in November.
    Good decision

"He showed when he came back in January that he has not lost any ability," said Ferguson.
    "It is not easy after being out for seven or eight months, although I felt he should never have gone away anyway.
    "It was a good decision to come back and he can contribute in a big way for us."

Uploads

Well could move for Ramsden

Defender has impressed on trial at Well
    Last Updated: July 19, 2012 9:16am

Simon Ramsden: Versatile defender could be offered a deal at Motherwell

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall says it is possible the club will offer a contract to trialist Simon Ramsden if their financial situation allows.
    The defender, who is a free agent following his release by Bradford earlier this summer, has been training with the Scottish Premier League club in the hope of earning a deal.
    Well are looking for a player to fill the gap left by Tim Clancy after he departed for Hibernian.

McCall has been impressed by Ramsden's versatility, with the 30-year-old able to play in the centre or on the right of defence, as well as in midfield.
    Motherwell are awaiting financial news from the SPL following Rangers' demise and the newco being placed in the third division, and the manager is hoping a swoop for Ramsden will be feasible.
    The boss, who knows all about the 30-year-old having previously signed him for Bradford, is keen to strengthen his resources as Well prepare to make their UEFA Champions League bow on July 31st.
    Versatile

McCall, whose side drew 1-1 with Raith in a pre-season friendly earlier this week, told the Daily Record: "We moved Simon into the middle of the park at the end on Tuesday and he can play right-back, centre-back and in there. He came through fine.
    "We still have to wait on decisions being made. I would think most clubs will be clearer by the end of the week the finances they'll have to play with.

"If I have the finances will I be looking to sign him? Possibly. He's not an out-and-out centre-half but he certainly ticks a lot of boxes and has experience.
    "He's a good pro, talks well, has fitted in well and can play a few positions, like Tim could. Working with a small squad, that's the kind of players you're looking at.
    "Hopefully he'll fit into our wage structure as well, so I'll have a chat with him - but we have to wait for clarification later this week."

Uploads

Roma wrap up Castan deal
    Last Updated: July 18, 2012 9:23pm

Leandro Castan: Has penned a four-year contract with Roma

Roma have announced that Brazilian defender Leandro Castan has joined the club on a four-year contract from Corinthians.
    The 25-year-old centre-half has arrived in Italy in a deal worth 5million (4m).
    Castan began his professional career at Atletico Mineiro, befoe going on to take in a brief spell with Swedish outfit Helsingborg in 2007.
    He has spent the last two years with Corinthians, but is heading back to Europe to try his luck in Serie A.

"A.S. Roma announces it has signed a contract with the outright acquisition of rights of the player Leandro da Silva Castan, against the registration of a fee equivalent to 5 million," read a statement on the club's official website.
    "The player has signed a four-year contract that will expire on June 30, 2016."

Uploads

Venlo give up on Hoesen

Dutch outfit fail with final bid for Fulham forward
    Last Updated: July 18, 2012 9:10pm

Martin Jol: Fulham boss is reluctant to part with Danny Hoesen

Eredivisie outfit VVV Venlo have seen a third and final offer for Danny Hoesen knocked back by Fulham and will now be turning their attention elsewhere.
    Venlo had made the 21-year-old striker a top target for the summer transfer window, but have been continually frustrated in their efforts.

It is unclear where Hoesen fits into Fulham's plans, with the Premier League club having sent him out on loan to Fortuna Sittard last season.
    The Cottagers are not prepared to part with any player for less than they feel he is worth, though, and Venlo have failed to reach an agreement.
    "We are now moving our interest towards another striker," Venlo general director Hans Soentjes told De Telegraaf.
    Future

"Last Friday we made our final bid and Fulham have said it is too low."
    Hoesen claims he is in dark regarding his future, but has revealed that Fulham are prepared to discuss fresh terms with him.
    "I was keen on a move to VVV Venlo," he said.
    "Now I have to wait and see where my future will be. Fulham are interested in extending my contract."

Uploads

Malouda reveals Brazil hopes

But Chelsea midfielder is eyeing Club World Cup in December first
    Last Updated: July 19, 2012 10:47am

Florent Malouda: Wants to play in Brazil, but that may not come this season

Florent Malouda has stated his intention to play in Brazil one day - but only after completing his contract with Chelsea.
    The France international is believed to have had preliminary talks with Santos earlier this summer in regard to a potential move away from Stamford Bridge.

But while the 32-year-old midfielder does have South American ambitions, his contract with the Blues runs until 2013 and he has further goals with the Premier League club.
    "I have always stated that I would like to go to Brazil," Malouda told L'Equipe.

"However, I still have one year remaining on my contract at Chelsea. Moreover, there is the FIFA Club World Cup in December."
    Malouda has been at Chelsea since 2007, starring in the double-winning side of 2010 and coming on as a second-half substitute in their UEFA Champions League final triumph in May.

Uploads

Cesar focused on Olympics

Spaniard tells Sky Sports he has heard Chelsea rumours
    Last Updated: July 19, 2012 10:58am

Cesar Azpilicueta: Marseille's Spanish full-back linked with move to Chelsea

Spanish full-back Cesar Azpilicueta has told Sky Sports he is concentrating on the Olympics, despite reports that Chelsea are in talks to sign him.

Cesar admits he has heard about the reports of an impending move to Stamford Bridge.
    The Blues are understood to have switched their attentions to the Marseille full-back after a deal for Inter Milan's Maicon faltered.
    Speaking from the Olympic camp ahead of next week's opening game, Cesar told Sky Sports: "I have heard the news in recent days.
    "It says that I will move from Marseille, but I am calm about my future.

"Now I am only focused on my work with the Spanish team and for the Games in London. My dream is to win the gold medal."
    Chelsea are believed to be continuing talks, but reports in France suggest the two sides are someway apart in terms of a valuation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast