Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Lukaku would consider loan

    But Chelsea striker is determined to shine at Stamford Bridge
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 9:20am



    Romelu Lukaku: Chelsea striker determined to eventually make his mark at Stamford Bridge


    Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is determined to make his mark at Stamford Bridge but accepts he may have to go out on loan first to realise that dream.
    The 19-year-old Belgium international, who signed in an 18million deal from Anderlecht last summer, has seen his opportunities limited so far in West London.
    Lukaku scored twice in the 4-2 pre-season victory over Seattle Sounders during the Blues' summer tour of America, the first time he has found the net for the club.


    And while the youngster, who has started just one Premier League game for Chelsea, would love to be part of manager Roberto Di Matteo's plans, he accepts he may need to get more action under his belt elsewhere first.
    Lukaku told Sky Sports News: "If I can stay here at Chelsea and be part of the starting XI and score a lot of goals for the club and make the team win, that's good for me and for the club as well.


    "But if I can go on loan and play in another team and score goals and then come back and explode it will be good as well.
    "I just keep my feet grounded and work hard each day and then after the tour we will see what will happen."
    Positive and negative

    Despite only making fleeting appearances last season, the majority coming from the bench, Lukaku still feels that his career progressed during his first 12 months with the new European champions.
    "It was difficult, there was a positive side and a negative side," he added. "The negative side is that I didn't play as much as I wanted, but the positive side is that I improved my overall game a lot.
    "That's more important as a 19-year-old, to improve each day, and that's something that I did last year."


    Blues boss Di Matteo admitted he will make a decision on Lukaku's immediate future following their pre-season tour, but revealed he was happy to see the talented teenager among the goals.
    He added: "We had a talk at the start of pre-season and I'm very keen to see him perform for us and then we will see what is going to happen.
    "It's good to see that he is a danger, he scores goals and that what a striker has to do in the team."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    No Blues move for Pereira

    Agent of Porto star denies any contact with Chelsea
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 9:14am



    Alvaro Pereira: No contact from Chelsea this summer, according to his agent


    Alvaro Pereira's agent insists there has been no contact from Chelsea for the Porto star.
    The Uruguayan has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge for some time with Pereira equally adept at playing at left-back or on the left side of midfield.
    The Blues are believed to have had a bid rejected last summer and were rumoured to be readying a new move for the player this summer.
    However, Pereira's representative, Alejandro Savich, claims there has been no interest in the South American.
    "His contract is with Porto and he will stay there unless there is a proposal that is acceptable to the club," said Savich.
    "So far there is nothing at all."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Fergie won't be left short

    United ready to bring in new full-back
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 8:45am



    Patrice Evra: Manchester United defender set to get some competition at left-back


    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed he intends to sign a new left-back.
    Ferguson has loaned his main cover in the shape of Fabio to Queens Park Rangers for next season.
    He has a number of youngsters capable of filling in, but with Patrice Evra the only senior left-back he is ready to bolster his options.
    Everton's Leighton Baines has been linked with a move to Old Trafford all summer, and Ferguson admits he will be looking at that area.
    Attitude

    Asked if he would be signing a left-back he confirmed: "Yes. We have two young lads we gave a bit of time to against AmaZulu [their first pre-season friendly] but they are young.
    "Patrice will be all right. He's shown he has a resilience about him and has a great attitude to playing, but he is 31 next month."
    Ferguson admitted it can be an issue attracting a player when he has to compete with Evra - who is a virtual ever-present when fit.
    "That's a possibility," he said.
    "But we are not at the stage where we're assessing that. It's not an easy decision to make."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Rodgers rules out Carroll loan

    But Liverpool boss accepts offers for striker will be considered
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 7:53am



    Andy Carroll: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will not allow striker to leave on loan


    Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists there is 'absolutely no way' he would allow Andy Carroll to leave on loan, but accepts the Reds will consider any offers they receive.
    The 35million England international has been tipped for a swift Anfield exit this summer amid reports that he does not figure in new manager Rodgers' plans.
    Newcastle have already seen one loan approach turned down for the former St James' Park favourite, while West Ham boss Sam Allardyce admitted their own tentative talks came to nothing.


    Rodgers has rejected suggestions that he does not believe the 23-year-old can fit into the fluid passing style he adopted during his time at Swansea and claims he is 'an important part of the group'.
    But he accepted that any offers which are tabled for Carroll throughout the transfer window will be discussed by the Liverpool hierarchy, as they would be for any member of his squad.
    "There is talk of him going on loan, but there is absolutely no way I would be looking to loan a player like that, especially after the investment the club have paid."
    Brendan Rodgers Quotes of the week
    Investment

    Rodgers told Sky Sports News: "There has been a lot of unfair criticism of Andy, there has been a lot of speculation in the press in terms of not being able to fit into my style of play. I think that's unfair.
    "If a club spends 35m on a player, you would expect that player to be able to fit into whatever style a manager will bring in.
    "I've spoken openly and honestly with Andy in terms of where he is at, but I have done the same with all of the players, I have spoken to all of them, I have had communication with all of the group.


    "It gets highlighted more with Andy because he is a young player. Maybe others may not see him fitting in with me, but for me he is an important part of the group.
    "There is talk of him going on loan, but there is absolutely no way I would be looking to loan a player like that, especially after the investment the club have paid.


    "But his condition will be the same as every player. If an offer comes in for any player at the club we would either look at it, or dismiss it, and Andy's no different to that."
    Attraction

    With Liverpool again absent from the UEFA Champions League, Rodgers faces a tougher task than some of his Premier League rivals in attracting the leading talent to Anfield.
    But the Anfield boss believes that the history and tradition of the Merseyside giants, coupled with the challenge of returning them to former glories, will help him bring in players with a hunger and desire to succeed.


    He added: "We are a top club, that doesn't change. Liverpool is still synonymous around the world; it is a club that has great history. Players will want that challenge to come and play for Liverpool and see if they can get the club into that position.
    "I don't think the attraction of playing for Liverpool has deteriorated, but players want to play at the highest level and it's our job as a football club to try and challenge and to get players here that want to accept that challenge and can arrive back at that level."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Motta seals Bologna move

    Deal carries option of 50% stake next summer


    Marco Motta: Has moved to Bologna on a seaon-long loan


    Bologna have confirmed the signing of Juventus defender Marco Motta on a season-long loan with the option of acquiring a 50 per cent stake in the player next summer.
    The 26-year-old only moved to Juve in 2010, initially on loan, but fell out of favour under new coach Anotnio Conte and spent the second half of the season with Catania.


    The former Udinese stopper was widely expected to leave the Old Lady this summer, with reports emerging on Thursday that he was set to travel to Bologna for a medical.
    That move has now been agreed, with a statement on the club's official website reading: "Bologna FC 1909 announces that it has reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of defender Marco Motta on a temporary basis, with a right to redeem half of the player's registration."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Ekoko eyeing Rennes stay

    Forward keen to extend stade in Brittany


    Jires Kembo Ekoko: Has revealed he is keen to open talks with Rennes over a new contract


    Rennes striker Jires Kembo Ekoko has revealed he wants to sign a new contract with the club.
    The 24-year-old is a product of the club's youth Academy, having moved to Brittany as an 18-year-old in 2006.
    The former France Under-21 international has just a year left on his current deal and there has been speculation over his future at Route de Lorient.


    However, the Democratic of Congo-born star has indicated he is keen to open talks over an extension.
    "I am very happy to start the season with Rennes," Ekoko told L'Equipe.
    "It's my club and the town where I grew up.
    "I never closed the door on a new deal. My agents and the club are trying to reach an agreement."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Valencia close in on Gago
    Last Updated: July 20 2012, 7:13 BST


    Valencia have confirmed they have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for midfielder Fernando Gago.



    Fernando Gago: Poised for Los Che move
    The 26-year-old Argentina international arrived in Valencia on Thursday evening after the fee - reportedly in the region of 3.5million euros - and personal terms were agreed, Los Che announced on their website.
    Gago initially made a strong impression after joining Madrid for more than 20m euros from Boca Juniors in January 2006, helping the club to Primera Division titles in 2007 and 2008.


    But he fell down the pecking order following the arrivals of Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira and Nuri Sahin, and spent last season on loan at Roma.
    Sergio Canales looks set to join Gago in transferring from the Spanish capital to Los Che, with his loan move expected to be made permanent in the coming days.
    The 21-year-old spent last term on loan at the Mestalla, but his opportunities were limited by two serious knee injuries.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Tiote is settled on Tyneside

    Midfielder fully committed to Magpies
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 12:48pm



    Cheick Tiote: Newcastle midfielder is enjoying life at St James' Park


    Cheick Tiote remains fully committed to Newcastle United, with there no intention on his part to look for a summer move elsewhere.
    The combative midfielder has seen his profile rise considerably since completing a move to St James' Park from FC Twente in 2010.
    A 3.5million deal has provided full value for money for the Magpies, with the 26-year-old considered to be one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League.


    Unsurprisingly, his ability has been noted by others and reports suggesting he could be lured away from Tyneside continue to do the rounds.
    Newcastle, though, are determined to resist any approach and Tiote insists he has no desire to leave a club where he feels settled.
    Asked at the Magpies' pre-season training camp in Germany if he plans on sticking around, Tiote told the Evening Chronicle: "Yes. I am still a Newcastle player. I am very happy here.
    Challenge

    "All I am looking at is that the season ahead of us will be a really good one, just like last season.
    "Last season we finished fifth and doing that again will be difficult."
    Newcastle's efforts in 2011/12 earned them a place in the Europa League, and Tiote is looking forward to taking in continental competition.
    He added: "I am ready for the challenge with Newcastle. It's a new season, and I think we have a lot of things to do.
    "We will be playing in two competitions and it's going to be difficult."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    McDermott rejects Inzaghi link

    Reading boss explains speculation about Italian striker
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 12:20pm



    Filippo Inzaghi: Former AC Milan striker is not a target for Reading manager Brian McDermott


    Reading manager Brian McDermott has played down speculation that he is trying to sign veteran Italian striker Filippo Inzaghi.
    The 38-year-old is available on a free transfer after ending an 11-year stay at AC Milan and he has been linked with a move to English football.


    Reports in Italy had claimed newly-promoted Reading had offered Inzaghi a 20,000-a-week contract, but McDermott has explained how the speculation originated.
    "I know exactly where that has come from... I was sat in Tallinn with Nick Hammond and one of our scouts (last week)," McDermott told getreading.
    Talking

    "We were introduced to an Italian agent and we said hello. We started talking about numerous players and he said, 'I can get you Inzaghi.'
    "I said, 'Okay, that's good, he's old isn't he?'
    "I told him that we wouldn't be going down that road and I was happy with the players that I have and we carried on talking.
    "That translated as, 'we've offered him a contract worth about 960,000'."


    Watford have also been mooted as admirers of Inzaghi following the Italian takeover at Vicarage Road, and appointment of Gianfranco Zola as manager, but the forward's former club Atalanta are reported to be favourites for his signature.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-07-2012

    Hulk part of Porto's plans

    Portuguese giants reluctant to part with Brazilian frontman
    Last Updated: July 20, 2012 9:49am



    Hulk: Continues to be linked with big-money moves away from Porto


    The agent of in-demand frontman Hulk claims Porto remain determined to keep the Brazilian striker out of the clutches of a European rival.
    Speculation regarding the Samba star is nothing new, with Porto having had to fend off regular rounds of transfer rumours.
    The current window has seen the gossip intensify, though, with Hulk hinting that the time may be right for him to move on.
    Chelsea have been monitoring his situation closely, with the Blues known to be long-time admirers of the 25-year-old.
    Talks

    They are said to be planning a big-money approach, with Porto having made it clear that they expect any offer to meet Hulks' buy-out clause.
    The Portuguese champions hope that their demands will put potential suitors off, with it their desire to see the highly-rated forward leading their quest for domestic and continental success in 2012/13.
    "I've been talking frequently with Porto officials," Hulk's representative Teodoro Fonseca told Record.
    "They and their manager count on Hulk and they told me that they want to build a team around Hulk that is capable of winning the Champions League."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Football Transfer News 16-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-07-2012, 00:08:48
  2. New Latest Football Transfer News 15-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16-07-2012, 00:05:01
  3. New Latest Football Transfer News 07-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 00:12:23
  4. New Latest Football Transfer News 06-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 00:17:30
  5. New Latest Football Transfer News 30-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 00:04:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •