Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 22-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 22-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 22-07-2012

Assuncao signs for Sao Paulo

Veteran midfielder returns to his homeland after 10 years in Europe

Paulo Assuncao: Atletico midfielder returns to Brazil to finish his career

Paulo Assuncao has joined Sao Paulo after reaching an agreement to terminate his contract with Atletico Madrid.
    The 32-year-old midfielder joined Atletico from Porto in 2008 and during his four seasons at the Vincente Calderon he made 139 appearances and helped the Rojiblancos win the 2010 and 2012 Europa Leagues and the UEFA Super Cup.
    The Brazilian, who had a year left on his contract with the Spanish club, left Atletico's pre-season training camp on Friday to finalise his move to Sao Paulo on a one-year deal.
    European titles

He said on www.clubatleticodemadrid.com: "I've experienced the best moments of my career at Atletico, winning three European titles.
    "I'll always remember my time at Atletico. I hope they do very well this season and achieve their objectives."
    He added: "I'm really excited about returning to Brazil and hope I can continue showing what I can do."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 22-07-2012

Donnelly faces Millers wait

Out of contract midfielder admits to being in limbo

Scott Donnelly: Former Swansea midfielder trying to kick-start his career

Former Swansea midfielder Scott Donnelly remains keen to link up with Rotherham again following the club's return from Portugal.
    The 24-year-old featured for the Millers as a second-half substitute in last weekend's 6-0 win over Parkgate, impressing manager Steve Evans.
    However, the ambitious League Two outfit have since flown out to Portugal for a pre-season training camp and the young playmaker has told Sky Sports that he is still waiting to hear from the club since their return to the UK.
    "It is an awkward one because I don't really know where we stand as they've just got back from Portugal and I've not heard from the gaffer since they left," he said.
    Facilities

"I'll wait and see if I get a call and if I don't then I'll just have to look elsewhere and pursue other options.
    "I played 45 minutes for Rotherham and it was just brilliant to get back onto the field and in the matchday atmosphere again.
    "The facilities and new stadium is fantastic and they are definitely a club moving forward, so it is definitely something that interests me."
    Last season Donnelly's campaign was cut short by injury in December and the ex-Wycombe loan star is keen to disperse any fears of his fitness after making a full recovery.
    Understandable

"Leaving Swansea does give me a bit more freedom in looking for a new club, but at the same time it is hard because it is hard to get something after my injury last season.
    "There has been a little bit of interest, but most people are concerned about the injury, which is understandable.
    "I'm 100 per cent fit and ready to go again now, so I just can't wait to get back into a new club and playing football again."

Uploads

Crewe waiting on Osman

Crewe target attracting interest from other clubs

Abdul Osman: Midfielder to return to the English game after spell in Greece

Crewe are waiting on a response from Abdul Osman after they made the midfielder an offer.
    The 25-year-old is a free agent after leaving Greek side Kerkyra and has featured in two of the Railwaymen's pre-season games.
    However, the former Northampton Town player is refusing to make a snap decision and is weighing up his options after attracting interest from other teams in League One.
    Signs

But Crewe are ready to adopt a hard line approach and their assistant manager Neil Baker told The Sentinel: "We have heard nothing from his representatives just yet.
    "He won't be playing in any more games for us unless he signs. We have made him an offer and no doubt other people have as well.
    "He will do what players do now and decide what he thinks is the best deal for him."

Uploads

No Damiao talks with Milan

Internacional insist in-demand forward is not for sale

Leandro Damiao: Linked with AC Milan but Internacional say he is not for sale

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has insisted that the club is not in negotiations with AC Milan over the possible sale of Leandro Damiao.
    The Brazilian forward has been linked with a move to European football after emerging as one of the brightest young talents in his homeland.
    Damiao's agent, Vinicius Prates, claims to have met members of the Milan hierarchy, but Luigi says it is Internacional who will decide what happens to the player and they fully intend to keep him.
    "There are no negotiations for now. There are none because we don't want to let him go," Luigi told Milan News.it.
    Unthinkable

"Leandro Damiao's agent may have talked with Milan, but it's Internacional, not the agent, that handle negotiations.
    "We don't intend to open any negotiations. The player is not for sale so it's useless to estimate a price."
    AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato has been linked with a move in the opposite direction, having started his career with Internacional, but Luigi is not interested in doing a deal at the current time.
    He said: "No, it's unthinkable now. Maybe in the future, who knows?"

Uploads

Clarke targeting trio

Baggies boss always looking to improve team

Steve Clarke: Would like to add three new players to his West Brom squad

West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke has revealed that he is trying to strengthen all areas of his team and he would like to sign another three players.

The Baggies are stepping up their preparations for the new season and Clarke is keen to increase the competition in his squad by making a number of signings.
    Discussions are reportedly ongoing with Argentine midfielder Claudio Yacob, and there could be further new arrivals if the right men become available.

"I am probably still looking for another three players in all areas of the team and you always have to be looking to improve," Clarke said in the Express and Star.
    "There's no point in saying 'that's me finished' because maybe someone will come on the market next week that you think will definitely improve the team, and if that happens you have to deal with it."

Uploads

Bubb leaves on season-long loan

Bubb: Off to Cardinals

Aldershot striker Bradley Bubb has joined Blue Square Bet Premier side Woking on a season-long loan deal.
    Grenada international Bubb, 24, played 11 times without scoring for the Shots last term before taking in spells with Basingstoke Town and Eastleigh.
    "It will do Bradley the world of good to go out to Woking and get some games," boss Dean Holdsworth told Town's official website.

Uploads

Ajax rule out Miyaichi loan

De Boer considering other options following winger link
    Last Updated: July 22, 2012 11:18am

Ryo Miyaichi: Arsenal winger is no longer a loan target for Dutch champions Ajax

Ajax coach Frank de Boer has ruled out making an approach to sign Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi on a season-long loan deal.
    Miyaichi, who has been included on the Gunners' pre-season tour to Asia, has been tipped to be loaned out again by Arsene Wenger in order to gain more experience.

The Japanese youngster spent the second half of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers and has previous experience of Dutch football after a stint at Feyenoord in 2011.
    However, a return to the Eredivisie with Ajax appears to be unlikely after De Boer confirmed he is no longer considering a move for the 19-year-old.
    "In my opinion, he is not an option anymore," De Boer told Eredivisie Live.
    "There are several candidates. We'll know more soon."

Miyaichi joined Arsenal in early 2011, but has been restricted to just two substitute appearances in the Carling Cup during his time at the Emirates Stadium.
    Bolton manager Owen Coyle had previously expressed an interest in re-signing Miyaichi on loan, but a decision is unlikely to be made until after the player returns from Arsenal's trip to the Far East.

Uploads

Villas-Boas - Modric is wrong

Spurs boss accuses Modric of worsening the situation with exit plot
    Last Updated: July 22, 2012 12:55pm

Luka Modric: Reports in Spain suggest he has provoked the ire of Spurs management

Reports in Spain suggest Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has criticised Luka Modric as rumours of the player's exit intensify.
    Modric attempted to quit Spurs a year ago to join Villas-Boas at Chelsea but was told to stay by chairman Daniel Levy.
    This summer the Croatian midfielder reportedly appears set on a move to Spanish champions Real Madrid.

Reports have suggested that the 26-year-old refused to travel with Spurs on the tour of America - and Villas-Boas referred to this decision in the Spanish press on Sunday.

"I think Modric is wrong," Villas-Boas was quoted as saying in AS.
    "This will go against him. He has worsened the situation with what he's doing and now the chairman is very angry.
    "This is also not a good time for Daniel Levy, who is in the USA at the moment, because his wife is ill."
    Big loss

But Villas-Boas was complimentary about Modric's playing ability and admitted his exit would be a blow to Spurs.
    "He's good, very good," added Villas-Boas. "I tried to sign him last summer for Chelsea. He will be a big loss.
    "He's a player who can make the difference, who gives a lot of clarity to the play when the team needs it and who can play in several positions."

Uploads

Koeman sets Vlaar deadline

Villa yet to follow up interest after last week's talks with defender
    Last Updated: July 22, 2012 11:47am

Ron Vlaar: Feyenoord want an answer by Monday from Aston Villa about their interest in the defender

Feyenoord coach Ronald Koeman has reiterated his call for Aston Villa to make a decision on Ron Vlaar and wants the matter resolved by Monday.
    Netherlands international Vlaar met with Villa manager Paul Lambert last weekend, but there has been no subsequent contact from the Premier League club.

Villa have since headed off on a pre-season tour to the United States and Feyenoord's technical director Martin van Geel has expressed his unhappiness at the situation.
    Koeman is also disappointed with the lack of progress and confirmed on Saturday evening that it is time for a deadline to be set regarding Villa's interest in Vlaar.
    Annoyed

"They know what Ron costs, and yet a week later there has still been no contact," Koeman told Eredivisie Live.
    "He is quite annoyed because he wants clarity. For him this is a good step, but it is taking a long time.
    "It should be decided around this weekend or else he remains at Feyenoord. But I am assuming that he will leave."
    Koeman had previously suggested that he will not include Vlaar in the remainder of his pre-season plans if the centre-half is going to be leaving De Kuip.
    Feyenoord are due to meet Real Mallorca in a friendly on Wednesday and are also preparing for an upcoming UEFA Champions League qualifier against Dynamo Kiev.

Uploads

Adrian happy at Atletico

I don't know anything about any offers, says Spain international
    Last Updated: July 22, 2012 3:42pm

Adrian: Happy at Atletico despite interest from the Premier League

Adrian Lopez insists he is happy at Atletico Madrid despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
    Arsenal and Tottenham lead a host of clubs reportedly targeting the Spain international after an impressive season in which Adrian scored 11 goals in Atletico's Europa League winning campaign.

But with the 24-year-old focused on preparing for the upcoming Olympics, he is keen to distance himself from the transfer rumours.
    "I'm very happy at Atletico and, as far as I know, the only negotiations that are open with the club are regarding my contract renewal," he was quoted as telling Europa Press.
    "I don't know anything more about any other offers.

"I have a contract with Atleti and I've got three more years here.
    "Now I only want to think about the national team and it isn't the moment to talk about rumours and things that come out in the papers."
    Adrian joined Atletico from Deportivo La Coruna last summer and scored seven league goals in his first season with the capital club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast