Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 23-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 23-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 23-07-2012

Lewandowski fee 'not suitable'

Dortmund striker's agent claims there have been 'unofficial' offers
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 8:46am

Robert Lewandowski: Borussia Dortmund striker will cost more than 13m following reported Chelsea bid

Robert Lewandowski's agent insists it will cost more than 13million to prise the striker away from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund.
    The Poland international has admitted he is keen to play in the Premier League, and he has been linked with moves to Chelsea and Manchester United.

Reports over the weekend claimed that Chelsea had seen a 13m offer for Lewandowski rejected by Dortmund, who are determined to keep hold of the forward.
    Dortmund are also in talks to extend Lewandowski's contract, which has two years left to run, and say talk of a move to England this summer is just a 'dream'.
    Lewandowski's representative Maik Barthel does not want to get dragged into the speculation, but conceded the figures being quoted are well short of the player's value.

"Unofficially there are offers from top English clubs," Barthel told Goal.com.
    "We respect the contract situation in Dortmund and don't want to take part in speculation.
    "A 13million transfer fee is not suitable."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 23-07-2012

Wenger sets Van Persie deadline

Arsenal manager reiterates desire to keep his captain
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 8:26am

Robin van Persie: Arsenal captain's future is likely to be decided before the start of the season

Arsene Wenger has set a deadline for the future of Arsenal captain Robin van Persie to be resolved after again outlining his desire to keep hold of the striker.
    Van Persie recently confirmed that he has no plans to sign an extension to his Arsenal contract, which has a further 12 months to run.
    Manchester United have declared an interest in the Netherlands international, while Manchester City and Juventus are also understood to have made bids.

Mindful of the way the Gunners' start to last season was disrupted by transfer speculation surrounding key players, Wenger is keen for the Van Persie issue not to drag on.
    Wenger is adamant he will do what is best for Arsenal, but stressed he remains a big supporter of Van Persie, who has not travelled on the pre-season tour to Asia.
    In demand

Speaking in Malaysia, Wenger said: "Van Persie is a world-class striker and I am a big supporter of him. I have supported him through his whole career. He has one year left and is in demand but our desire is to keep him.
    "We will do what is in best interest of the club. If you have a decoder in your head you can decode that."
    Arsene Wenger Quotes of the week

"However, we will do what is in best interest of the club. If you have a decoder in your head you can decode that.
    "The official transfer deadline is August 31 but then we can create an internal deadline."
    Asked if that was before the new season kicks off, he replied: "Of course. I believe the transfer market should stop before the season starts anyway."

Wenger also stated that, whether Van Persie is sold or stays at Emirates Stadium, it will not be an indicator of the level of ambition at Arsenal.
    He added: "We are very, very ambitious. You know that. Not only very ambitious, but also very proud of the way we run our club.
    "For me, the size of a club is down to the size of the support. It can be the size of the cheque book to others but, for me, it's the size of the support. You cannot question the size of the support. You cannot question the size of the club when one player leaves or stays. That's not linked."

Uploads

Kean waits for QPR Hoilett bid

Blackburn boss expects 'chunky' figure for Canada international
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 9:21am

Junior Hoilett: Set to join Queens Park Rangers and Blackburn are waiting on an offer

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean is waiting to see if Queens Park Rangers make an offer for Junior Hoilett or whether the matter will go to a tribunal.
    Hoilett has rejected a new contract at Ewood Park following Rovers' relegation from the Premier League and Sky Sports understands he has agreed a deal with QPR.

Borussia Monchengladbach were also among the clubs interested in signing the Canada international, but Hoilett has opted to stay in England.
    Rovers will be entitled to compensation for the 22-year-old and reports have claimed the Championship club are demanding 6million for the forward.
    There has also been speculation that Kean would be prepared to accept QPR striker Jamie Mackie in part exchange, but the Rovers boss is still expecting a 'chunky' fee for Hoilett.

"QPR might make us an offer, if not it might go to a tribunal," said Kean in the Daily Mirror.
    "Manchester City got a chunky figure when Daniel Sturridge went to Chelsea.
    "We've had Junior a long time and developed him and put a lot of time and effort in."

Uploads

Rodgers firm on Skrtel

Liverpool boss would fight to keep Slovakian
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 8:48am

Martin Skrtel: Linked with move away from Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists he has no plans to let defender Martin Skrtel leave the club.
    The Slovakia international revealed earlier this month that he knew of interest from a number of clubs.
    Champions Manchester City are one of those linked with the 27-year-old but Rodgers is adamant that he will 'fight' to keep hold of Skrtel.
    "I've heard nothing from any other club," said Rodgers.

"Martin has been fantastic. He seems happy and contented. He has fit into my plans and ideas.
    "I will fight as hard as I can to keep the players that I want here and Martin is one of them."
    Brendan Rodgers Quotes of the week
    "I will fight as hard as I can to keep the players that I want here and Martin is one of them."
    Suarez

Rodgers has the same stance over Luis Suarez, insisting that he is looking forward to seeing him in action.
    "I'm confident Luis is really looking forward to playing for us this season and is really looking forward to this way of football," said Rodgers.
    "I have spoken to him and had nothing but positivity from him.
    "He is obviously at the Olympics and I wish him well, but I will wish him better when he comes back.
    "Unfortunately there is always that rumour, speculation and gossip and until the window closes that will continue."

Uploads

Baggies check on Yacob

Argentine training with West Brom
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 8:07am

Claudio Yacob: Has linked up with West Brom

West Bromwich Albion have confirmed that Argentina international Claudio Yacob has joined their pre-season training camp in Sweden.
    The Baggies have been locked in talks with the 25-year-old over the past week and now he has flown to Scandinavia to link up with Steve Clarke's squad.

The midfielder, who has three caps to his name, will now train with the Baggies squad with a view to sealing a permanent deal.
    West Brom sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth confirmed: "This will give Claudio the chance to take a closer look at us, and us at him."

Uploads

Hammers sign Swiss keeper

Spiegel to provide cover for Jaaskelainen and Henderson
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 1:00pm

West Ham United have improved their goalkeeping options by signing Swiss youngster Raphael Spiegel from Grasshoppers for an undisclosed fee.

Spiegel has agreed a three-year contract with the Premier League club, with the option of a further year, and is due to link up with the Hammers later this week.

The Switzerland Under 20 international has represented his country at various youth levels and is regarded as one of their leading prospects.
    He has previously featured for Grasshoppers' second team in the third tier of Swiss football and last season had a loan spell with second division club SC Bruhl SG.

The 19-year-old will provide cover in Sam Allardyce's squad for senior keepers Jussi Jaaskelainen and Stephen Henderson.
    Jaaskelainen joined West Ham on a free transfer from Bolton Wanderers earlier in the summer, while Henderson finalised a permanent move after finishing last season on loan from Portsmouth.

Uploads

Ighalo keen on Prem move

Udinese striker reveals interest in joining Laudrup's Swansea
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 2:36pm

Odion Ighalo: Udinese striker wants to play in the Premier League and has been linked with Swansea

Highly-rated Udinese striker Odion Ighalo has set his sights on a dream move to England, amid reports Swansea City are interested in the Nigerian.

The 23-year-old caught the eye last term whilst playing for Spanish outfit Granada in La Liga on a season-long loan and he scored six times.
    The Serie A club are keen to utilise the pacey striker this term, but Ighalo says that the chance to play in the Premier League would be an opportunity too good to refuse.
    "My agent has told me that there are a few clubs interested in me and hopefully something will happen shortly," Ighalo told Sky Sports.
    FANTASY FOOTBALL

Pick your all-star Premier League XI and play Sky Sports' free-to-enter game. This season we have:
    100,000 in prizes
    Enter 2 teams for FREE
    Private leagues where you can play against your mates
    New bonus point scoring

To pick your team and to enter our fantastic game, click here

"I'm still a Udinese player, so it is up to them whether I am allowed to join on loan or leave permanently, but I believe that if a reasonable offer is made they will let me go.
    Dream

"They will be playing in the Champions League next season and they want me to play for them, but my dream is to play in England and hopefully they won't stand in my way if that opportunity arises for me.
    "One of the clubs that I have heard are interested is Swansea because the coach there knows me from my time in Spain.
    "Michael Laudrup was in charge of Mallorca last season and so he knows me and has already brought a few Spanish-based players in already with Michu and Jonathan De Guzman.

"Laudrup would be a good coach to play for because of the way he approaches the game and the challenge of playing in England would be great."
    The former Nigeria youth international helped Granada gain consecutive promotions having played in Spain for the past three seasons, but he is confident of adapting his game to the rigours of the Premier League.
    He added: "I've played in La Liga and have experienced the culture and football that the country has to offer, but I now want a different challenge.

"Friends and team-mates have told me how good the Premier League is and I'm really looking forward to making it happen before the transfer window closes.
    "I'm confident that I could adapt to playing in the Premier League and I really hope that my dream comes true."

Uploads

Lampard open over future
    Last Updated: July 23 2012, 10:37 BST

Frank Lampard refused to rule out a future move to Major League Soccer following Chelsea's draw with Paris St Germain on Sunday evening.

Frank Lampard: Open to future options
    Lampard was spotted in Los Angeles earlier this summer, where he was with former England team-mate David Beckham, who is already plying a successful trade in America.
    A move to LA alongside Beckham is reported to be on the cards, and Lampard admits that he may look at that - but not until next year.

8. Frank Lampard

Appearances 0 (0)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

"I have another year on my contract at Chelsea. We have a big season. We play in the Super Cup and the World Club Championship in December. Then it's up to Chelsea," he told reporters after the PSG match in New York.

"If they want to speak with me about my future, then I'll speak with them. I wouldn't rule anything out at the moment."
    Frank Lampard

Uploads

Portsmouth close to extinction
    Last Updated: July 23 2012, 11:24 BST

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch has warned that the club could be liquidated within the next fortnight.

Portsmouth: Close to liquidation
    The League One club is trying to negotiate with eight senior players, but their refusal to compromise over wage demands has left Pompey at the brink of extinction.
    Nwankwo Kanu has also lodged a claim for 3m in back pay and Birch says it is the players who have the future of the team in their hands.
    "The club is heading for liquidation in just a few weeks, perhaps two weeks if these players don't leave or compromise on their wages," Birch said.
    "We still have players like Ben Haim, Dave Kitson and Kanu on our books.

"Kanu has served the club notice that he wants to leave but before doing so he wants the money he says is owed to him by the club. These players hold the survival of the club in their hands.
    "I must stress it is not their fault as the players didn't get the club into this trouble, but they do now have the ability to get the club out of this mess.

"The problem with everybody is that this club has cried wolf so often that no one believes it will happen, no one believes they will go out of business, but they will in two or three weeks. It is that serious now. The trouble is 'Portsmouth fatigue', but the truth is that the club is now fighting for its life."

Uploads

Cahill set for Red Bulls

Toffees midfielder poised to end eight-year stay at Goodison
    Last Updated: July 23, 2012 10:48pm

Tim Cahill: Set for MLS move after eight years with Everton

Everton have reached an agreement with Major League Soccer that midfielder Tim Cahill can be transferred to New York Red Bulls.
    Cahill has been at Goodison Park since 2004 but is set to end his long-standing association with the club in favour of a switch to the United States for a "nominal fee", thought to be in the region of 1million.

The Toffees confirmed the agreement on their official website on Monday evening, with the 32-year-old Australia international's potential move dependent on him agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
    A club statement said: "Everton have agreed with Major League Soccer (MLS) that Tim Cahill can be transferred to the New York Red Bulls.
    "Tim, 32, will move to the Red Bulls for a nominal fee, subject to agreeing personal terms and passing a medical. He will travel to the US in the next few days."
    Cahill joined the Toffees from Millwall and has notched up 278 appearances over the eight years he has spent at Goodison, scoring 68 goals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast