Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 25-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 25-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 25-07-2012

Modric would 'fit in' at Real

Karanka praises the ability of unsettled Tottenham midfielder
    Last Updated: July 25, 2012 7:45am

Luka Modric: Tottenham midfielder would 'fit in' at Real Madrid, according to Aitor Karanka

Assistant coach Aitor Karanka is confident Luka Modric would 'fit in' at Real Madrid after describing the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder as an 'outstanding footballer'.
    Reports have claimed that Modric is pushing for a move to Real after failing to see a transfer to Chelsea come to fruition 12 months ago.
    He has been punished by Spurs for not travelling on the club's pre-season tour to the United States, but he is back in training as talks continue regarding his future.

Spurs are reported to want 40million before agreeing to sell the Croatia international and there have been suggestions that big-spending French club Paris St Germain are willing to pay that fee.
    However, Real remain favourites to land Modric and Karanka suggested the 26-year-old would be an ideal recruit for the Spanish champions.
    Asked about Modric, Karanka told AS: "Which club would not want a player like him?

"He is an outstanding footballer and had a great tournament (Euro 2012). It is clear that he would fit in at Madrid."
    Meanwhile, Karanka also confirmed that discussions are ongoing about the future of Kaka after the Brazilian schemer was not involved in Tuesday's friendly win over Real Oviedo.
    Karanka added: "We decided he would stay in Madrid. Kaka and the club are working to find a good solution for all parties."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 25-07-2012

Moura talks set to continue

Ribeiro admits Man Utd put a 'great offer' to the midfielder
    Last Updated: July 25, 2012 8:05am

Lucas Moura: Midfielder would be happy to stay at Sao Paulo as talks with Manchester United continue

Lucas Moura's agent says he has been instructed to keep 'negotiating' with Manchester United by the midfielder, but the Brazil international would also be happy to stay at Sao Paulo.

United have been strongly linked with a move for Moura and Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed on Monday that talks have been held regarding a deal for the 19-year-old.
    Sao Paulo claim to have rejected a 25.6million offer from United and are holding out for 30m, with Moura's representative Wagner Ribeiro subsequently stating the Premier League club will not increase their bid.
    On a busy Tuesday, Ribeiro also confirmed that he had no plans to hold talks with the Red Devils during a trip to England to watch Moura play for Brazil at the Olympics.

However, Ribeiro is keeping the door open regarding a move to Old Trafford after saying Moura is happy for talks with United to continue.
    Ribeiro, though, also admitted that the highly-rated midfielder has no problem remaining with Sao Paulo, if the Brazilian club's demands are not met.
    "The player is my boss, I always talk to him," Ribeiro told Radio Globo.
    "He determines what I do, my objectives. If he says that he doesn't want to leave Sao Paulo, I won't even listen to the offer.
    "He told me to keep negotiating when I talked about Manchester United's interest.
    "It's a great offer. If it was an irrecusable one, he would leave, but he is happy at Sao Paulo too. If he stays there, life goes on."

Uploads

Allen edging towards Anfield

Liverpool confident deal will be done for Swansea midfielder
    Last Updated: July 25, 2012 8:04am

Joe Allen: Could be set to take in a second spell under Brendan Rodgers

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool are edging ever closer to completing the capture of Joe Allen, with the Reds confident a deal will be done.
    Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has admitted to holding an interest in a man he worked with during his days in the managerial hot-seat at Swansea.
    Sky Sports brought you the news that Allen was a top target for the coaching team at Anfield, and that they were working hard to put an agreement in place.

It is believed that negotiations have progressed since then, with Liverpool said to have triggered the 15million release clause in Allen's contract.
    The Reds will, however, be forced to wait a little longer before pushing a deal through.
    Wales international Allen is currently involved with Team GB at the 2012 Olympics.
    It is looking increasingly likely, though, that he will be on his way to Merseyside once his quest for gold medal glory comes to an end.

Uploads

West Brom complete Yacob signing

West Brom have completed the signing of Argentina international Claudio Yacob on a free transfer, subject to international clearance.

Claudio Yacob: Completes West Brom move
    The midfielder had been training with the Baggies following his release by Argentinian Primera Division outfit Racing Club de Avellaneda at the end of last season and he has now signed a three-year contract at the Hawthorns after passing a medical.
    He joins England goalkeeper Ben Foster and season-long loan signing Yassine El Ghanassy as a new arrival this summer.
    Steve Clarke, who has taken over as West Brom head coach after Roy Hodgson left to take charge of England, was overjoyed with his new acquisition.

"I'm delighted to welcome Claudio to the club," Clarke told the club's official website.
    "He is an Argentina international with a real desire to prove himself in the Premier League and it's great to have him on board.
    "Claudio's got different qualities to the other midfielders we've got at the club and he should complement the squad very well.
    "It will take him a little bit of time to adjust to the demands of the English game and he's also got to learn our language, but we hope to have him up and running for the start of the season."

Yacob joined West Brom's pre-season training camp in Malmo with a view to making a permanent switch to the midlands club.
    The 25-year-old began his career with Racing in 2006, was appointed captain two years later and has won two international caps, scoring against Ecuador in a friendly last year.
    Sporting & technical director Dan Ashworth said: "I'm really pleased we've been able to recruit a player of Claudio's calibre.
    "He's been a one-club man in Argentina up to now, having broken into Racing's first team at 17 and being appointed as their captain while still in his teens.

"To achieve that at Argentina's third or fourth biggest club, and then break into the national team with the wealth of talent his country have to choose from, is no mean feat.
    "Claudio joins us with a great CV and is a terrific passer of the ball.
    "He's a holding central midfielder who sits in front of the back four and controls the play.
    "Claudio's also good at breaking things up.
    "I believe he will be a great asset for us."

Uploads

Chelsea sign Thorgan Hazard

Thorgan Hazard will join his older brother Eden at Stamford Bridge next season after Chelsea confirmed his signing from Lens.

Thorgan Hazard: Joins brother Eden at Chelsea
    The 19-year-old had only played 11 times for the Ligue 2 club but the Blues clearly see some potential in Hazard, who had just a year remaining on his contract at Lens, although they revealed the midfielder could be immediately loaned to another club.
    "He will now join our Under-21 squad, managed by Dermot Drummy, to continue his pre-season training and a loan move is being considered to continue his development," read a statement on the club's official website.

Hazard's sibling Eden, who won the Ligue 1 player of the year last season, joined the west London club last month from Lille for a reported 32million.
    While that sum will be nowhere near what was paid for Thorgan, the Blues may have unearthed a future talent.
    He moved to Lens as a 14-year-old in 2007 and graduated into the senior squad last season. The Blues' newest recruit has also represented Belgium up to Under-19 level.

Should he and Eden both play for Roberto Di Matteo's side they will join Ray and Graham Wilkins, Ron and Allan Harris, John and Peter Sillett and Chris and William Ferguson as brothers who have played together in Chelsea's first team.
    Meanwhile, the Blues confirmed three of their young players have gone on loan, with attacking midfielder Ulises Davila joining Spanish second division team Sabadell and striker Milan Lakovic and goalkeeper Matej Delac moving to Guimaraes in the Portuguese top flight.

Uploads

Karanka keen on Modric

Assistant coach Aitor Karanka has given the clearest indication yet that Real Madrid want to replace Kaka with Tottenham's Luka Modric this summer.

Luka Modric: Wanted by Karanka
    Modric has returned to training with Spurs this week, having been fined by the club for skipping sessions as he sets his sights on a move away from White Hart Lane this summer.
    Manchester United and Paris St Germain have both been linked with the Croatia playmaker, with Tottenham believed to be holding out for a 40million fee.

But Real appear his likeliest destination, a move which would allow Brazil international Kaka to end a largely ineffective spell at the Bernabeu.
    Big-spending PSG have also been mooted as the 30-year-old's next stop and he did not travel with Real for Tuesday night's friendly away to Real Oviedo, which they won 5-1.

Karanka told AS: "We decided he would stay in Madrid. Kaka and the club are working to find a good solution for all parties."
    Asked about Modric, he added: "Which club would not want a player like him?
    "He is an outstanding footballer and had a great tournament (Euro 2012). It is clear that he would fit in Madrid."

Uploads

Wenger reaffirms RVP stance
    Last Updated: July 25 2012, 12:17 BST

Arsene Wenger has reiterated his desire for Robin van Persie to remain at Arsenal despite the bidding war taking place over the Holland striker.

Robin van Persie: Subject of transfer interest
    Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus are hoping to sign last season's top scorer in the Barclays Premier League, whose contract expires next summer.
    But Wenger has remained defiant by declaring van Persie, who is valued around 20million, is staying in north London.
    "There is nothing to elaborate. The options are clear - we want to keep our players," he told the club's official website. "I would be happy for him to stay in the English Premier League - at Arsenal."

Wenger has promised more new recruits at Emirates Stadium after adding Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud to his squad already this summer.
    Spain winger Santi Cazorla and France midfielder Yann M'Vila have been linked with moves to Arsenal.
    "I won't talk a lot about transfers because it is a very fragile and secret subject," Wenger added. "We bought Giroud and Podolski but we are not at the end of it - we will still bring players in."

Uploads

Henry hints at Gunners return
    Last Updated: July 25 2012, 9:36 BST

Thierry Henry admits he would welcome the opportunity to take in a third spell at Arsenal, but claims to have held no discussions with the Gunners.

Thierry Henry: Vowing to return to Arsenal
    The 34-year-old striker made an emotional return to north London in January as he took in a short-term loan spell at the Emirates.
    Henry was able to link up with the Gunners during the MLS off-season, with the New York Red Bulls happy for him to maintain his fitness in Europe.

The former France international has hinted that a similar deal could be put in place this season.
    Arsenal's all-time record goalscorer has also revealed he is hoping to take up a position at the Emirates once the time comes to hang up his boots.
    He still has 18 months left to run on his contract in New York, but is already thinking about life after football.
    "I would like to go back to England with Arsenal for sure," Henry said when asked about a second loan stint with the Gunners.

"I wasn't planning to go back to play last season. It was only because Gervinho and (Marouane) Chamakh went to the African Nations Cup.
    "I was there to train and they asked me if I wanted to play. Who knows what might happen in the future?
    "I've not yet spoken to Arsene (Wenger) about it so I don't know what capacity I could go back in.
    "Coaching does interest me but I don't know what my talent is going to be after I have finished my career. But I will go back to Arsenal."

Uploads

Redknapp eager to help Portsmouth
    Last Updated: July 25 2012, 13:47 BST

Harry Redknapp has revealed that he will attempt to help save his former club Portsmouth from being shut down.

Harry Redknapp: Plans to talk to Kanu
    The npower League One outfit have been set a deadline of August 10 by administrator Trevor Birch to have their finances in order or face going out of business.
    And ex-Pompey manager Redknapp plans to speak to Nwankwo Kanu, who has lodged a claim for 3million in pay, to see if he can persuade the former Arsenal and Portsmouth striker to compromise with the club.
    He told ESPN: "I will be ringing Kanu to see if there is anything I can do. I signed him for Portsmouth on a one-year contract and Tony Adams told me: 'You must be mad, he is finished'. Six years later, he is still there."

Defender Tal Ben Haim is also owed a similar amount in wages and Redknapp added: "In the case of Tal Ben Haim, if players have a contract and are owed money, you can see why they think they should get it. But if the club closes down they won't get a penny. They need to think hard about that."
    Redknapp spent five seasons at Fratton Park between 2002 and 2008, guiding the club to a momentous FA Cup win in 2008.
    "Portsmouth has got to be saved. It's a great club with great traditions," the 65-year-old continued, "It would be a disaster if this club went out of business.
    "It has great fans to the extent that, if you live in Portsmouth, you are a Portsmouth supporter. If you walk around in that town, you don't see people wearing Manchester United or Arsenal shirts.

"It is soul-destroying to see them in this predicament, and there must be a group of people out there or someone who could take over the club so cheaply and save them.
    "I would love to see someone do that. Surely it cannot happen that Portsmouth go out of business. If someone did come in, the club could be resurrected quickly. It wouldn't take a lot to get it going again.
    "I remember when Milan came in and bought the club all those years ago, they were looking to lock the gates then and go into administration - but he turned it all around and made it work.

"When he sold the club, it spiralled out of control. Balram Chainrai put a lot of money in, but he must think it is the worst investment he ever made in his life. But now it just needs some people who understand football and who can work with the players."
    Portsmouth's administrators say the club is in a "critical" condition and will be liquidated next month unless the remaining senior first-team players agree to transfers or sign wage-compromise deals.
    The npower League One side have been set a deadline of August 10 by the administrators to have their finances in order or face going out of business.
    Bryan Jackson, corporate recovery partner with accountants PKF and joint administrator of Portsmouth, said: "The situation at Portsmouth FC is now critical.

"If the remaining high-cost players do not compromise on their wages or agree to move then we won't be able to complete the sale of the club and it will close down. It is as simple as that.
    "Whilst we sympathise with the players and acknowledge that they are not to blame for the club's predicament, they do have the power to keep the club going.
    "What is certain is that if the club does go into liquidation they are unlikely to receive anything at all. If, however, they agree to leave or conclude compromise settlements then the club has a future."

Supporters group SOS Pompey handed over an open letter to the players at the club's training ground earlier this week in a bid to persuade them to compromise on their wages and the administrators have warned that former owner Chainrai could pull out of a proposed deal to buy the club if more players are not moved on.
    Eight senior players are understood to be in disagreement over unpaid salaries, although Luke Varney has since joined Leeds.
    Jackson continued: "This is not just an issue for Portsmouth FC but is an issue for all of football.
    "Perhaps what we need at the moment is some sense of reality that players cannot continue to receive enormous wages if there is no money to pay them. The wages to revenue ratio is a key performance indicator in football clubs and it is essential that clubs recover a sense of financial stability.

"We will continue to do all we can to facilitate these player deals but the club's future hinges on the willingness of certain players and their agents to sign up to compromise agreements that are affordable both in terms of amount and timing of repayments.
    "Unless we make significant progress on this front by August 10 then we are likely to have no option other than to close the club.
    "We are making good progress with three or four players but despite many conversations and offers over the past few weeks, some players and agents still don't understand what's at stake here.
    "If the club is liquidated, players will not be protected by the Football Creditor provisions. They will become ordinary unsecured creditors in a situation where there is unlikely to be any dividend."

Uploads

Bayern reject De Jong link

City midfielder's agent offers him everywhere, says Rummenigge
    Last Updated: July 25, 2012 3:58pm

Nigel de Jong: Is not heading to Bayern Munich, according to chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has denied reports linking the Bavarian giants with a bid for Manchester City's Nigel de Jong.
    The 27-year-old midfielder has just one year remaining on his deal with the Premier League champions and was not a first-team regular last season.

Newspaper reports have linked the Holland international with a switch to the Bundesliga but Rummenigge has dismissed those claims as the work of a busy agent.
    "We know that de Jong's agent offers him everywhere," Rummenigge told Sport Bild.
    "But it is not true to say there is interest from FC Bayern."
    De Jong has played in the Bundesliga before, having spent four seasons with Hamburg prior to joining City in January 2009.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast