Thread: Optimal hardware for cacheex=3

Uploads

Optimal hardware for cacheex=3

Hello Friends,

What you think about optimal hardware about cacheex=3 exchange. Please give some examples from your system also how much load cost you this version on exchange.

I think the crucial thing is amount of RAM, will be more than 1.5 GB.
    My system has 512 MB and this is not enough for cacheex=3 , all the time oscam fill out the RAM and use the swap also crashed recently.

Today i upgrade the RAM to 2GB and the difference is a appear at the moment (more stable and low CPU usage).

For CPU more than 1.5 GHz is needed my cpu is 2.8 GHz P4 for now is ok.

Uploads

Re: Optimal hardware for cacheex=3

I use 8 core CPU with 32ram without cacheex. Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
    but oscam is not the only app I'm running on that pc..... also a testing webserver and a testing gameserver plus different bits and pieces

P.S I think cacheex is a nice ADDITIONAL feature FOR SOME CARDS ONLY
    like the NOVA cards what are limited for the few sids only
    or big packages like Sky UK when the card may be on the too big load.... but that may happen only if you running a payserver with too many clients connected..... and this is smth I hate
    but in the days when 98% of users are faking cards exchanging cache makes no sense , you will make the faker job much easier....... and in return you will have only rubbish outdated ECMs, what are not good for anything

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by some888 View Post
    I use 8 core CPU with 32ram without cacheex. Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
    but oscam is not the only app I'm running on that pc..... also a testing webserver and a testing gameserver plus different bits and pieces

P.S I think cacheex is a nice ADDITIONAL feature FOR SOME CARDS ONLY
    like the NOVA cards what are limited for the few sids only
    or big packages like Sky UK when the card may be on the too big load.... but that may happen only if you running a payserver with too many clients connected..... and this is smth I hate
    but in the days when 98% of users are faking cards exchanging cache makes no sense , you will make the faker job much easier....... and in return you will have only rubbish outdated ECMs, what are not good for anything
    You are not right because you not familiar with cacheex =3
    Cacheex work fine with every cards without issues, and help to improve load to our locals and have access to providers that usual can`t watch because you have it in very away hop in regular exchange.
    Rubish ecm there is not such of thing in cacheex=3 if you set "dropbadcws = 1 # reject bad CWs, send "not found" instead of bad CWs" you will never get bad ecm.
    If you make regular exchange with 2 locals and 40 c lines you will get cache not only from traffic to locals you also get cache from exchange between virtual proxies, so if you have cache from 10 of that servers you able to have enough cacheex.

In my oscam for cacheex and don`t have any regular exchange only cacheex and have enough cache for most of providers only from cacheex exchange.

some888 important remark to you this thread is for "Optimal hardware for cacheex=3" If you don`t use cacheex=3 why share which hardware you use. For prove or not prove about cacheex=3 please open new thread and we are able to discusses about this there.

Mine setup is HP Microserver N36L with 1.3Ghz AMD CPU and 2GB DDR3 RAM. When i check CPU load, oscam usually uses 15-20% of CPU. Quite high but CPU can handle this with ease. I have 6 cache-ex partners.

This feature will become more popular because many providers are intruducing SID limitations. Roumors are that Cyfra+ will intruduce this soon too. And cache-ex is the best solution for this. Too bad, OScam is too complicated for many users, cache-ex is even more complicated. I know quite alot about OScam, but i had hard time configuring cache-ex mode 3. Thanks to turbopower for helping me!

Uploads

My dear friend Turbopower I dropped some people lines (those doing cache ex) because only 2% of ECMs been valid..... the rest 98% of ECM been either randomly faked or outdated....
    anyway guys you know better what you are doing and why you need cacheex

Uploads

Dear some888,

I can`t say that you not right about fakers. But was split my locals with cacheex=3 and lot of hits are covered by cacheex that mean this is not bad ecm. Please make a difference between cacheex 3 and 1 and 2 there is lot of difference. With cacheex3 is more complicate to fake ecm`s compared with 1 and 2.

Regards SatSupreme

Uploads

I tell you honestly with all my locals ( the reason I have them..... it is almost impossible to find decent peer) and I have at least 3 decent locals........ but I never found any good peer for the past 3 weeks..... because all lines been either fake or VPS (almost same)....
    and I'm really struggling to find SKY Italia with moves
    I do not think that doing cache ex would change the situation in my case to any better..... I would consider it usable only as additional feature, provided needed lines are covered already by normal exchange..... and cache ex would just speed up the thing

I have a small shuttle gt v2 that i use as a server with 4gb of ram and just oscam running.
    cpu load is not a problem load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    ram on the other hand is with cacheex i'm using almost all of the ram in my system and when cacheex start freezing

anyone know what settings i need to change so oscam cacheex does not use so much ram?

which version are you using? 7180 or 7179 seems to be promising. After 1 day, memory consumption is still very low. 7135 for example has terrible memory leak.

my oscam uses about 9% cpu 4% mem .

oscam can be built on a number of platforms , some with very slow cpu and low memory available , high specs are not needed . a stable machine is better than a powerfull one .

find a stable version of oscam , compile it with only the needed modules , keep configs as clean as possible , after 7110 loops are taken care of , if not check reader and user of the same peer are not in the same group .

there is no real specs for oscam , just different platforms . you decide what platform and then decide how to keep it stable .

good luck