Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 27-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 27-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 27-07-2012

Juventus cool RVP interest

Cost of deal may see Turin giants look elsewhere, says Marotta
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 8:34am

Robin van Persie: Juventus claim to have cooled their interest in the Arsenal man

Juventus have played down their interest in Arsenal captain Robin van Persie because of the Gunners' demands.
    LOVE GOALS?

Was RVP's strike against Chelsea the best volley of last season? View our shortlist of great goals and vote now to be in with a chance of winning the ultimate Sky Sports viewing experience. Click here to have your say.

The Serie A champions have been widely reported to be among the favourites to sign the 28-year-old forward after he declared his intention not to sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium.

But Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta told Sky Sport Italia he did not see great value in the proposed deal.
    "A top player is not only judged by how much he costs," said Marotta.
    "It can also mean a player who costs less but on the pitch shows an absolute value.
    "Van Persie is a great player but Arsenal do not intend to lose him. And you cannot indulge in a player if the owners don't want (to sell).
    "Talk of our real interest in him seems excessive to me."

One Premier League player who is heading for Turin is Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.
    Marotta added: "Pogba? He arrives tonight and he will quickly take his medical, then we will sort out the details of his contract."
    The 19-year-old Frenchman was accused of showing no respect to United after refusing to sign a new deal and opting to join Juve instead.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 27-07-2012

Red Bulls capture Cahill

Australia international swaps Merseyside for New York

Tim Cahill: Making a fresh start after eight years with Everton

The New York Red Bulls have confirmed that a deal has been done for Tim Cahill, with the forward all set to complete a move to the MLS from Everton.
    The Australia international will officially link up with the Red Bulls once he has received international clearance.
    That is expected to be a formality, with his unveiling in New York pencilled in for Monday.

No specific terms of the transfer have been disclosed, but both parties are delighted to have put an agreement in place.
    "We are absolutely thrilled to bring in a player of Tim's calibre to the Red Bulls," general manager and sporting director Erik Soler told the club's official website.

"He is the technical, physical presence we have been looking to add in our team and he brings a wealth of experience to our club having played in some of the highest levels of international soccer.
    "Tim is a proven leader both on and off the field and we believe that he can help us immediately in our quest to win the MLS Cup."
    New chapter

Cahill, who has brought to an end an eight-year spell at Goodison Park added: "I am very happy to start a new chapter of my career with the New York Red Bulls.
    "As we have seen over the past few years, MLS has developed into a very competitive league with many talented players.
    "I am impressed with what the Red Bulls are trying to accomplish in MLS and within American soccer and I am looking forward to this new challenge.
    "I will do everything I can to help bring New York its first MLS Cup.
    "I also want to thank everyone at Everton, from the club to tremendous supporters.
    "It has been a privilege to be an Everton player for the past eight years and it was a very difficult decision to leave. I will always support Everton and I wish the club the best of luck in the future."

Uploads

Snodgrass ready to kick on

Former Leeds man has big ambitions at Norwich
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 9:19am

Robert Snodgrass: Delighted to be in the Premier League and hoping to kick on with Norwich

Robert Snodgrass has admitted he could not turn down the chance to play in the Premier league for Norwich.
    The Canaries completed the signing of the midfielder from Championship club Leeds on a three-year deal on Thursday.
    "I firmly believe that the Premier League is the best league in the world, and when Norwich came in for me, I made the step because I believe that Norwich can kick on again."

Robert Snodgrass Quotes of the week

The 24-year-old, who joined the Canaries for an undisclosed fee, becomes new boss Chris Hughton's third summer signing following Jacob Butterfield and Steven Whittaker.
    And Snodgrass is confident Norwich can improve on last season's 12th-place finish.
    "I'm delighted to get it done and dusted and now I'm looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and starting the season," the Scotland international told the club's official website.

"I firmly believe that the Premier League is the best league in the world, and when Norwich came in for me, I made the step because I believe that Norwich can kick on again.
    "Sometimes this window of opportunity doesn't come about too often, and I jumped at the chance."
    Experience

Hughton added: "He is a player I have admired for a number of years now and he's at a good age at 24, with some excellent experience from his time with Leeds.
    "He's also got that international experience with Scotland and is used to playing in big matches both with his country and at Elland Road.
    "Robert is an excellent addition to the squad and I'm delighted to add a player of his calibre to the team.
    "He had a good goal-scoring record with Leeds and obviously knows a few of the lads already with the squad well from his time at Elland Road and with Scotland.
    "I'm sure, like Jacob Butterfield and Steven Whittaker, it won't take him long to settle in with the squad."

Uploads

MLS challenge excites Cahill

Midfielder admits it was a difficult decision to leave Everton
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 9:03am

Tim Cahill: Has explained his motivation behind leaving Everton for America

Tim Cahill has claimed it was the ambition shown by New York Red Bulls that drew him to sign for the Major League Soccer side.
    Cahill has left Everton after eight years with the Toffees to link up with Thierry Henry in New York.
    The 32-year-old Australia international joins the Red Bulls at a time when they are top of the Eastern Conference and hoping to secure their first ever title.

"I am very happy to start a new chapter of my career with the New York Red Bulls," Cahill told the club's official website.
    "As we have seen over the past few years, MLS has developed into a very competitive league with many talented players.
    "I am impressed with what the Red Bulls are trying to accomplish in MLS and within American soccer and I am looking forward to this new challenge. I will do everything I can to help bring New York its first MLS Cup."
    Support

Cahill walks away from Goodison Park after playing 278 times under David Moyes and admits he is also sad to be leaving Everton.
    "I also want to thank everyone at Everton, from the club to the tremendous supporters," he added.
    "It has been a privilege to be an Everton player for the past eight years and it was a very difficult decision to leave. I will always support Everton and I wish the club the best of luck in the future."
    His new employers are delighted to have him in the ranks and are open about their immediate intention to win the MLS Cup.
    "We are absolutely thrilled to bring in a player of Tim's calibre to the Red Bulls," said New York Red Bulls general manager and sporting director Erik Soler.

"He is the technical, physical presence we have been looking to add in our team and he brings a wealth of experience to our club having played in some of the highest levels of international soccer.
    "Tim is a proven leader both on and off the field and we believe that he can help us immediately in our quest to win the MLS Cup this season."
    The MLS Cup is contested after a series of play-off games among the top 10 teams from the league format of the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference.

Uploads

Olympic focus for Moura

Agent in United talks but Sao Paulo man concentrating on Brazil
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 8:36am

Lucas Moura: Focused on Brazil until the Olympics are over

Manchester United target Lucas Moura has declared his intention to decide his future after the Olympics.
    The Sao Paulo attacking midfielder is currently on duty with the Brazil Olympic squad and was an unused substitute in their opening victory over Egypt on Thursday.

In the meantime, negotiations with the Red Devils are in the hands of his agent Wagner Ribeiro who has been instructed to continue discussions despite previously claiming the deal was off.
    The 19-year-old is leaving that to his agent while he concentrates on the business of trying to win a gold medal with his country.

"I am focusing on my team, Sao Paulo and in Brazil's national team at the moment. I'll decide my future after the Olympics," Moura told Spanish news agency EFE.
    "It's already a victory to be here. Now I have to be ready for any situation if Mano Menezes believes I have to play."

Uploads

Cazorla won't come cheap

Malaga will not drop asking price for highly-rated forward
    Last Updated: July 26, 2012 9:40pm

Santi Cazorla: Reported to be a top target for Arsenal

Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini has warned those said to be keen on Santi Cazorla that it will take a lot more than 15million to do a deal.
    Reports claim that Arsenal have identified the Spain international as a top target and are looking to pay around 20million for his services.
    That figure is only fractionally more than Malaga paid Villarreal for the highly-rated forward last summer.

The financial troubles they are currently experiencing suggests they will look to move players on during the current transfer window, but they are prepared to hold out for big money.
    Pellegrini claims an offer has been made for Cazorla, but has made it clear that a club that will be gracing the UEFA Champions League next season will not be dropping their asking price.
    Wrong signal

"There is an offer, they say, for Santi Cazorla," he said.
    "To sell him for 20 million would be to give him away. I don't think the club intends to do that.
    "I've talked a lot with [vice-president] Abdullah Ghubn and with the Sheikh and this would not be representative of their mentality. It would send out the wrong signal ahead of our Champions League campaign.
    "If significant offers come in for players they are worthy of consideration, but I don't think Santi will be leaving for 20 million."

Uploads

Hammers offer 17m for Carroll

Allardyce prepared to shatter club's record transfer fee
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 12:17pm

Andy Carroll: Has endured a difficult time at Anfield since becoming the most expensive British footballer

Sky Sports sources understand West Ham United have made a 17million bid to sign Liverpool striker Andy Carroll.
    The Premier League new-boys have ambitiously offered to pay an initial 2m loan fee before making a permanent deal next summer.

Liverpool are thought to be willing to listen to offers for the permanent sale of Carroll, who they signed from Newcastle in a record 35m deal under Kenny Dalglish in January 2011.
    Brendan Rodgers has succeeded Dalglish this summer and is ready to sell in order to raise money for new signings, including his 15m-rated former Swansea colleague Joe Allen.

Carroll has endured a difficult time at Anfield since becoming the most expensive British footballer in history and he now appears to be surplus to requirements.
    Raise funds

Sam Allardyce's West Ham failed in an original approach to sign the England international solely on loan earlier this summer but have returned with a permanent option.
    Liverpool want closer to 20m as they aim to recoup as much as possible on Carroll and his wages, which are reportedly close to 80,000-a-week, but the fee would represent a record deal for West Ham.
    The most the Upton Park club, who won last season's Championship play-offs, have paid for a player in the past has been 9m for Savio Nsereko in January 2009.

And West Ham co-owner David Sullivan's son, Jack Sullivan, has added to the rumours by saying on Twitter: "Dad is working on the biggest signing in the history of the club - twice as big as anything the club have done before!"
    West Ham are also reportedly hoping the friendship between former Newcastle team-mates Kevin Nolan, now West Ham captain, and Carroll can help influence any potential move.

Uploads

Koscielny snubs Barca for Gunners

France defender is one of the most improved in Premier League
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 11:37am

Laurent Koscielny: Arsenal defender commits himself to club for the next five years

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has revealed he snubbed interest from Barcelona to sign a new five-year deal with the club.
    The 26-year-old blossomed into the club's outstanding defender last season after arriving at the Emirates from Ligue 1 side Lorient in 2010.
    His improved displays were also noted by the Catalan outfit who are seeking to reinforce their defence before the start of the new La Liga campaign.
    However, the France international wants to remain under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger and emulate the success of previous French players in north London.
    Trust

"I am so happy to have signed a new contract until 2017, it means a lot, notably that the club has a lot of trust in me," he told L'Equipe. "In 2017, I will be almost old."
    Despite failing to retain their La Liga crown and falling short in the Champions League last year, Barcelona are still largely regarded as the best team in the world.

When asked if he was aware of their interest, Koscienly added: "Yes of course and frankly it is flattering. But at Arsenal I have everything; I have a great training centre, a wonderful stadium and an amazing group.
    "I really want to grow here as Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and some others did."

Uploads

Milan see Kaka 'difficulties'

Galliani thinks return of Brazilian could be too expensive
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 10:18am

Kaka: Has struggled for form and fitness since moving to Real Madrid in 2009

AC Milan fear financial factors could ultimately make it impossible to agree any deal to take Kaka back from Real Madrid.
    The former World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner first moved to Spain in a 50.7million switch in 2009 on a six-year contract.
    But Kaka has struggled for form and fitness at Real and he could leave the Primera Liga champions this summer if any interested clubs meet a reported 40m asking price.

The Brazil international's agent has previously revealed talks are taking place with Milan but the Italian club's vice-president, Adriano Galliani, worries any transfer could prove too expensive.
    With tax laws in Spain giving players lucrative contracts, Galliani told Sky Italia: "It is very difficult.
    "The negotiations are all to be done. There are a thousand difficulties that could well make it impossible.
    "As always, the problem is money. Milan cannot afford some wages, especially as in Spain they have a different fiscal structure.
    "The law there has changed for future wages but the contracts that were already signed are still valid under the old tax code."

Uploads

Vlaar now set for Villa

Feyenoord defender agrees three-year deal and will have medical
    Last Updated: July 27, 2012 6:18pm

Ron Vlaar: Feyenoord defender has agreed a three-year contract with Aston Villa

Aston Villa are now set to complete a deal for Ron Vlaar after agreeing personal terms with the Feyenoord defender.
    Vlaar met Villa manager Paul Lambert earlier this month to discuss a potential move to the Premier League, but Feyenoord were subsequently critical of the lack of progress over a deal.

Villa had travelled for a pre-season trip to the United States without following up their interest and Vlaar suggested earlier this week that any deal was off.
    However, the 27-year-old is now poised to finalise a move to Villa after accepting a three-year contract with Lambert's side.
    The Netherlands international is due to undergo a medical in Birmingham next week before Villa will conclude a deal with Feyenoord.
    Vlaar will provide competition for reported Sunderland and West Ham United target James Collins and Richard Dunne.

He made his breakthrough at senior level in Holland with AZ Alkmaar before moving to Feyenoord in 2006 and has formed a solid partnership with Brazilian defender Andre Bahia in recent seasons.
    He helped Feyenoord to qualify for next season's Champions League after they finished runners-up in Eredivisie for the 2011-2012 campaign.
    New Villa boss Paul Lambert has already recruited right-back Matthew Lowton from Sheffield United as he looks to bolster his defensive options for the new campaign

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast