Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 29-07-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 29-07-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 29-07-2012

Hammers medical for Ramis

Allardyce wins race for Mallorca defender

Ivan Ramis: An agreement has been reached for the transfer between Mallorca and West Ham

West Ham United appear to have won the race to sign Real Mallorca defender Ivan Ramis after agreeing a deal with the Spanish club.
    The 27-year-old is heading to Upton Park for a medical after Mallorca announced they had agreed terms over his transfer.
    Ramis had been linked with a number of clubs in England, and it looks likely that Premier League newcomers West Ham are poised to beat off the competition.

A statement on Mallorca's official website read: "Mallorca and West Ham have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ivan Ramis.
    "The Mallorcan defender has the permission of the club to have a medical with what will be his new team."
    Wigan Athletic, Everton, Sunderland, Aston Villa and Celtic had all been linked with Ramis.
    If the move is finalised, Ramis would become West Ham's sixth signing of an already busy summer for manager Sam Allardyce.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 29-07-2012

Rodgers offers Carroll hope

Liverpool youngsters please their manager with improved displays

Andy Carroll: The striker has been linked with a 17million move to West Ham United

Brendan Rodgers has played down talk of Andy Carroll leaving Liverpool and says he has no knowledge of any bids for the player.
    The striker has been heavily tipped to leave Anfield this summer and has been the subject of reported interest from West Ham United.
    Sky Sports revealed on Friday the Hammers had offered to take the former Newcastle striker on a season-long loan with a view to a 17million switch.

However, Rodgers appears to have given the 35m man some hope he still has a career at Anfield by claiming he was unaware of any bids for the centre-forward.

"Not that I am aware of," Rodgers told Liverpool's official website when asked if there had been any offers for Carroll after using the England international as a substitute in Saturday's pre-season friendly against Tottenham in the USA.
    Written

"Obviously, I'll know more when we get back. There has been a lot written about Andy, but you saw today he's happy to be here and he's worked very well since he's been here.
    "The reality is he's still a Liverpool player, he can fit into how I want to play, and he's happy here.
    "I'm certainly not wishing to push him out of the door."
    Liverpool completed their tour of America with a goalless draw against Tottenham.
    The tour has given new Anfield chief Rodgers an opportunity to see some of the younger players in his first-team squad, such as Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Adam Morgan, Peter Gulacsi, Jack Robinson and Dani Pacheco.
    Talent

And he has been impressed with their performances, as he said: "I have been really, really pleased with them.
    "That was one of the key things today - the development of the youngsters and how they've taken on the concept.
    "If you look at Raheem Sterling over the last two weeks, he came as a young boy, 17 years old, and he only knew how to beat a defender - but if you look at today's game, he understood when to press and when to be inside.

"He was playing against an experienced player in Sebastien Bassong and he actually gave him a hard time.
    "That's brilliant for me because it shows he's taken it on board. He's thinking about the game. If he does that, and you add that to his talent, he's going to be a very, very good player for the future."

Uploads

Long not for sale

Talks ongoing with defender Olsson over a contract extension

Shane Long: Former club Reading are understood to have failed in a bid for the striker

West Brom manager Steve Clarke is adamant the club have not received any bids for striker Shane Long and he has not encouraged any offers.
    Sky Sports sources on Friday revealed the Republic of Ireland international's former club, Reading, had failed in an attempt to re-sign the 25-year-old.

But Clarke, who after Saturday's 0-0 friendly draw with Barnsley confirmed an offer from an unnamed club had been received for Simon Cox, claims this is not the case.
    Roy Hodgson's summer successor has not been approached about Long and he has no desire to sell a player who only arrived at The Hawthorns 12 months ago.
    100 per cent

"We've had absolutely nothing on Shane," Clarke told West Brom's official website.
    "There have been no bids and he's not for sale. He's 100 per cent part of my plans."
    Meanwhile, talks are ongoing with defender Jonas Olsson regarding a new contract and Clarke is pleased with the Sweden international's professionalism.

"I haven't got anything new to report on that but I think you can see with Jonas' performances on the pitch, he's still very much part of this club," said Clarke.
    "That's the best place for Jonas to do his talking right now."

Uploads

Schalke keen to hold onto Jurado

Schalke chairman believes they will be competitive next term

Jose Manuel Jurado: Schalke want to keep hold of their midfielder

Schalke have admitted that they are unlikely to conduct any more transfer business this summer and that Jose Manuel Jurado will not be sold.
    The Bundesliga outfit have signed three players this summer, bringing in Chinedu Obasi, Roman Neustadter and Tranquillo Barnetta.
    Some of their fans had expected to see more arrivals this summer but club chairman Clemens Tonnies believes they have enough quality to compete next season.

"We agree that our squad, even with the sale for Jurado, have enough class. Because of this, we do not need to do any more [in the transfer market]," Tonnies was reported as saying by Bild.
    Training

Meanwhile, Jurado has been linked with a move away from Veltins-Arena after a below-par season, making only 18 Bundesliga appearances last term.
    Nevertheless, club general manager Horst Heldt has maintained that the 26-year-old, who still has two years left to run on his contract, will stay.

"He wants to stay and win, he shows that in training. A functioning Jurado is worth a lot for any team.
    "He has been here for two years and three coaches. We do not have to change him but he must get it right. Playing good football isn't enough."

Uploads

Viola move for Fernandez

Chile international takes on Serie A challenge

Matias Fernandez: Will be testing himself against Serie A opposition in 2012/13

Fiorentina have completed the signing of Chile international Matias Fernandez from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon.
    The Argentina-born midfielder has signed a four-year contract with the Serie A outfit.
    Fernandez arrives in Italy after three years with Sporting and six in European football.
    He left Colo Colo in 2006 after scooping the prestigious South America Footballer of the Year award.
    Signature

Villarreal won the race for his signature and he helped the club to finish as Primera Liga runners-up during his first season in Spain.
    Fernandez moved on to Sporting in 2009 and quickly became a regular for the Portuguese side.
    He will, however, be continuing his career in Florence.
    The 26-year-old took in his first training session with Fiorentina on Saturday as he was put through his paces alongside the youth team due to the senior stars being given two days off.

Uploads

Hargreaves training with QPR

Owen Hargreaves is training with QPR following his release from Manchester City at the end of last season.

Owen Hargreaves: Keen to retain his fitness, says Mark Hughes
    Hargreaves, who has 42 caps for England, joined the Rs squad for his first session on Saturday, the London club confirmed.
    The 31-year-old moved to Manchester United from Bayern for a fee believed to be around 17million in 2007 but he has been plagued by injuries over the last four seasons.

Hoops boss Mark Hughes told qpr.co.uk: "Owen is training with the group. There is no obligation for either party.
    "He is keen to retain his fitness and we are more than happy to help him by allowing him to train with us and use our facility at Harlington."
    Hargreaves' struggles in the last few years prompted him to contemplate retirement after leaving City but by training with QPR, it seems he is determined to continue his playing career.

It appeared he had won his fitness battle when he made a goalscoring Blues debut in a Carling Cup encounter against Birmingham in September.
    However, Hargreaves made just three more appearances for City and was not seen again after being introduced as a late substitute in the FA Cup third-round defeat to United at the Etihad Stadium in January.
    And only last month he said: "I don't want to chase something. If I get the right fit I will go for it.
    "But I am not forced to do anything and if I can't get back to the level I used to, I don't want to play."

Uploads

Kewell frustrated by wait

Forward tired of 'twiddling his thumbs'
    Last Updated: July 29, 2012 12:03pm

Harry Kewell: On the hunt for an English club

Australian forward Harry Kewell admits the wait to find a new English club is frustrating with the new campaign closing in fast.
    The 33-year-old endured a difficult injury-cursed spell at Liverpool after a big-money move from Leeds United, before spells with Galatasaray and Melbourne Victory.

Kewell has now opted to return to the UK for family reasons after one season in his native Australia with A-League side Victory.
    The Australia international has been linked with Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Swindon Town, but no deal has been forthcoming and he said his reputation from his last stint at Liverpool hadn't helped.
    Problem

"That's my biggest problem because no one, especially in England, has seen me for four years because I've been away," Kewell told Australia's Daily Telegraph.
    "And obviously when I left England I had a bad name because of all my injuries, but in the last four years that I have played in Galatasaray and Melbourne, I've played all the games.

"It's very difficult. I'm twiddling my thumbs. I'm working and training but don't know what I'm doing.
    "I'd love to be playing back in England to get a feel for that again. Whether it happens or not is another question.
    "It's just a waiting game and it's frustrating because I need to do something and once I find out what I'm doing, I'll be a lot happier."

Uploads

Lyon keen to keep Lloris

President claims Spurs are yet to make concrete bid
    Last Updated: July 29, 2012 10:38am

Hugo Lloris: Has been linked with a move to White Hart Lane

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insists reported Tottenham target Hugo Lloris will not be moving to White Hart Lane unless he asks to leave.
    Spurs have been linked with the France captain but the club claim no offer has been made and the Ligue 1 side say they would not welcome one.
    "Tottenham made contact through [Lloris'] agent but there has been no concrete offer since," said Aulas.

"I don't think they really want him, but we really want to keep him.

"He will stay at Lyon unless he absolutely wants to go. The best present we can give to the fans is finding a way to keep him. We will try to do just that."
    Lloris started for Lyon in their Trophee des Champions triumph over Montpellier in New York on Saturday.

Uploads

Magath backs Helmes captaincy

Wolfsburg forward set to inherit skipper role from Trasch
    Last Updated: July 29, 2012 4:29pm

Patrick Helmes: In line for the captaincy at Wolfsburg

Wolfsburg boss Felix Magath has indicated he could make Patrick Helmes the club's new captain after an impressive impact last season.
    Helmes scored 12 Bundesliga goals in just 16 games after being frozen out by Magath at the start of the campaign.
    That relationship has now improved and, with Magath looking for a new skipper after taking the armband from Christian Trasch, the former Leverkusen man could be handed the role.

Magath told spox.com: "Patrick Helmes may well be our new skipper, given he is able to score like he did last season.
    "I am to name a skipper before the start of the season. Patrick Helmes has been on a good level of performance in recent months.
    "He deserves to be back in the spotlight for a call-up to the Germany squad."

Helmes added: "I am out to do my best. My relationship with Felix Magath is now like it should be between a player and a manager."
    The 28-year-old forward has been linked with a move away from Wolfsburg with Valencia reportedly making a bid, but the captaincy would surely cement the Germany international's future at the club

Uploads

Robinho wants Kaka at Milan

Brazilian believes linking up would be good World Cup preparation
    Last Updated: July 29, 2012 1:10pm

Kaka and Robinho could be set to link up again at AC Milan

AC Milan's Robinho has revealed his hope that compatriot Kaka will leave Real Madrid and make a sensational return to the San Siro.
    Kaka swapped Milan for Madrid in a 65million deal in 2009 but the Brazilian has struggled to make the same impact in three years at the Bernabeu.

Robinho, who is a former Real star himself, admits he would be delighted if his international team-mate came back to Serie A.
    "I would be very happy if Kaka returned to Milan," Robinho told Marca.
    "We are team-mates with the national team and we could achieve a lot together, especially now that both of us want to get ready for the 2014 World Cup."

Brazil host the World Cup in two years' time and Robinho, 28, and Kaka, 30, both retain ambitions of being involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast