Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 01-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 01-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 01-08-2012

Spurs to look at Luka

Modric situation to be discussed
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 9:28am

Luka Modric: Will hold talks with Spurs

Luka Modric's future will be decided upon Tottenham's return to England, according to coach Andre Villas-Boas.
    Spurs have been encamped in America over the past few weeks on their pre-season tour.
    Modric refused to travel to the United States, something he was fined for, and has been training on his own at Spurs' training ground.
    Real Madrid are in talks with Spurs, but reports claim that Tottenham are holding out for 40million - even rejecting the offers of players in exchange with the likes of Ricardo Carvalho and Nuri Sahin mentioned.

Villas-Boas admitted after their final tour game with New York Red Bulls that they would look again at Modric's situation.
    "Luka is now doing double sessions on his own and when we get back to London we will give players time off and after that we will decide what is best for Luca to do," he told Sky Sports News.

Villas-Boas says Modric is now behind the rest of the Spurs squad in terms of fitness, due to the fact he did not go on tour.
    "He is a Tottenham player obviously and he has to be in good mental state to return to training as his colleagues are a step above and we will have to work on a programme for him to work on his fitness," he added.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 01-08-2012

Lombardo hopes to keep Dzeko

City coach unsure on futures of strike pair
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 9:21am

Edin Dzeko: Linked with a move away from Manchester City but Attilio Lombardo hopes he will stay

Manchester City coach Attilio Lombardo believes Edin Dzeko could have a future at the club despite speculation linking the striker with a move elsewhere.

Dzeko played a part in City's title-winning campaign last season but struggled to hold down a regular starting role as the campaign developed.
    Roberto Mancini has a wealth of attacking options and reports have suggested he could be willing to let the Bosnia-Herzegovina international leave this summer, with a number of clubs across Europe thought to be interested.

Lombardo cannot say for certain that Dzeko will stay, but feels he does have the ability to be successful at the Etihad Stadium.
    "Dzeko is a big player, and I think Manchester City want big players," Lombardo told Sky Sports News after Manchester City had been beaten by Oldham in a friendly on Tuesday night.
    "It is not surprising because Dzeko for me is a player who can play here again for more time, but I don't know."
    Adebayor

Lombardo: Dzeko is a big player

Lombardo was also unable to provide an update on Emmanuel Adebayor, who spent last season on loan at Tottenham and had looked set to secure a permanent move to White Hart Lane earlier in the summer.
    Asked if there was interest from other clubs in Adebayor, Lombardo said: "I don't know."

City fielded a strong side against Oldham, while there was also a start for trialist Mario Jelavic.
    The highly-rated Hajduk Split forward, 18, has been granted the opportunity to train with the club and try to impress.

Uploads

Werder closing on De Bruyne

Belgian set for German move
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 8:12am

Kevin de Bruyne: On his way to Germany

Werder Bremen have confirmed they are continuing talks over a loan deal for Chelsea midfielder Kevin de Bruyne.
    The 20-year-old Belgian international joined the Blues in January from Racing Genk, with the plan that he would be loaned out this summer.
    Now Werder have emerged as favourites to clinch his signature, and although a deal is yet to be confirmed - they are edging closer.

"We have an interest in the services of Kevin de Bruyne and, of course, we are in talks," Tino Polster, media spokesperson of Werder, told Kicker-Sportmagazin.
    "Those talks are progessing very well. And we are hopeful to conclude the details soon enough. But by now the deal is not a done deal."

Uploads

Hughes plays down Berbatov talk

QPR boss claims to be in the dark about links to United striker
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 5:13am

Dimitar Berbatov: Manchester United are believed to be ready to offload the Bulgarian for 5million

Queens Park Rangers manager Mark Hughes has denied making a bid for Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov.
    Premier League runners-up United are believed to be ready to offload the Bulgarian for 5million following the emergence of Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez.

Berbatov had been linked with Galatasaray but the Turkish giants seemingly refused to meet United's asking price for the 31-year-old.
    QPR have since also been reported to be interested in the former Tottenham striker, who United signed four years ago in a 30.75million summer deadline day deal.

But Hughes has played down the rumours, as he told Sky Sports News when asked about Berbatov after Tuesday's friendly against Wycombe: "There are a lot of names flying around.
    "That is a new one on me, in fairness.
    "At this time of year, there are a lot of names flying around. But we prefer to get the job done, get the business done, and then we announce it."

Uploads

Kolo Toure happy at Man City
    Last Updated: August 1 2012, 7:27 BST

Kolo Toure insists he is happy at Manchester City but admits he does not know what the future holds for him as he enters the final year of his contract with the Barclays Premier League champions.

Kolo Toure: Spoke to Bursaspor
    The 31-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium, with Bursaspor one of the sides interested in the Ivory Coast defender.

Toure confirmed he has spoken to the Turkish outfit, but remains committed to City.
    "I did speak to the people there, but I'm just focusing on City. I'm a City player, I still enjoy it here, you can see that," he was quoted as saying by several newspapers.

"I love playing at the same club as my brother. But we will see what will happen. I've got one year left on my contract and that's it.
    "I am still at City but you never know the future. For me the most important thing is every day I'm at City I'll give 100 per cent."

Uploads

Pienaar delighted to be back
    Last Updated: August 1 2012, 7:47 BST

Steven Pienaar spoke of his delight after sealing his move back to Everton and insisted he never doubted he would be returning to Goodison Park.

Steven Pienaar: Back at Goodison Park
    Everton announced on Tuesday night they had re-signed the South Africa midfielder from Tottenham for 4.5million on a four-year deal.
    Pienaar initially left the Toffees for Tottenham in January 2011 but failed to make an impression under then-boss Harry Redknapp and spent the second half of last season back at Everton on loan.

It proved to be an inspired move, with Pienaar playing a key role as Everton finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League.
    Neither he nor boss David Moyes made any secret of attempting to make the move a permanent one and Pienaar expressed his joy after the transfer was completed.
    He told evertontv: "I am happy to be here. It took a few weeks to sort out but I am delighted to be back and excited to play for Everton.
    "There was no doubt in my mind that I would be back here. At the end of the season I told the manager how I felt and I am happy now it is all done."

Pienaar had limited opportunities after moving to Tottenham for a reported fee of 3m and he made just five Premier League starts in just over a year at White Hart Lane.
    He took the opportunity to move back to Everton, whom he initially joined on loan from Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund in 2007 before signing permanently 12 months later months later, in the January transfer window.
    There he scored four goals in 14 Premier League games and admitted in May he wished to remain on Merseyside, while Moyes was equally intent on re-signing the 30-year-old.

Uploads

Martinez rules out Heskey deal

Striker training with Wigan to keep himself fit
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 2:06pm

Emile Heskey: The former Wigan and England star is weighing up options from a number of clubs

Emile Heskey has returned to Wigan to train with their youngsters but manager Roberto Martinez says he will not be pursuing a deal for the striker.
    The 34-year-old is a free agent after being released from Aston Villa when his contract ran out earlier in the summer.
    Heskey has since been linked with a number of clubs, including reuniting with his old boss Steve Bruce at Hull City, and has returned to Wigan while he considers his options.

He is helping out the youngsters and keeping himself fit, with Martinez happy to welcome him back with open arms.
    However, the Spaniard insists that does not mean Heskey will be signing a permanent deal.
    "Emile has had a tremendous history with Wigan," said Martinez. "But I don't think there will be any more pages to be written in that particular book.
    Welcome

"Emile asked to come in to keep himself fit, and we've all obviously got some great memories of his time with Wigan Athletic.
    "He is always welcome at our football club, and his presence will be great for the youngsters as part of their learning curve.
    "Any session where you get the opportunity to work with someone like Emile Heskey is something that every one of our players should be taking advantage of.
    "Emile is always welcome at Christopher Park, he can stay for as long as he likes."

Uploads

Leeds eye French prospect

Midfielder training with club
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 1:44pm

Leeds United have taken French prospect Kevin Gomez on trial, Sky Sports understands.

The 20-year-old midfielder arrived in England last month, and trained with non-league outfit Peckham United.
    But the highly-rated youngster soon had a number of league clubs inviting him to train and Leeds are now at the front of the queue after taking him to West Yorkshire.

He played for Neil Redfearn's Under-21 side against Bridlington earlier this week, and is believed to have made a big impression on Leeds' coaching staff.
    Now Leeds boss Neil Warnock is contemplating finalising a deal for Gomez - whose only previous experience has been in the lower leagues in France.

Uploads

Dembele is Madrid target

Belgian has only one year left on his current deal at Fulham
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 1:43pm

Moussa Dembele: The Fulham man is being tracked by some of the biggest clubs in Europe

Moussa Demebele's agent says Real Madrid have joined the long list of clubs looking to take him away from Craven Cottage this summer.
    Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester Unite have all been linked with bids for the 25-year-old, who shone for Fulham last season after moving from his role as a second striker to central midfield.

The Belgian has made a huge impression on his team-mates since his 5million move from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010 and could leave the club for nothing at the end of the season.
    The club are reportedly holding out for at least double that fee as Clint Dempsey is also tipped to leave and they will need to increase their attacking options ahead of the start of the Premier League.

But Fulham boss Martin Jol is facing a tough fight to keep the attacking midfielder at the club with the biggest sides in Europe chasing his signature, according to his agent Jan de Visser.
    "Real Madrid have contacted us and asked about the possibility of signing Moussa Dembele," De Visser, of management agency Sport International, said in De Telegraaf.
    "They are not the first big club who have contacted us this summer for him."

Uploads

Barca eye Neymar deal

Barcelona could face stiff competition for the player
    Last Updated: August 1, 2012 11:09am

Neymar: The Santos man celbrates his stunning free-kick for Brazil agains Belarus in London 2012 with Chelsea new-boy Oscar

Neymar has emerged as a transfer target for Spanish giants Barcelona after catching the eye at London 2012.
    The 20-year-old fired Brazil into the quarter-finals of the Olympic competition by scoring one goal and setting up two more in their 3-1 win over Belarus despite going behind.

The Santos star stole the show with a stunning 25-yard free-kick either side of providing the ammunition for Alexandre Pato and Chelsea new-boy Oscar to seal the win.
    And Barcelona vice-president Jose Maria Bartomeu says the club will step up their efforts to lure the exciting forward to Europe.
    "Neymar? We would like to see him joining after the Olympics," he said. "If he decides to come to Europe then we will try to make it Barca."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast