Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 03-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 03-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 03-08-2012

Clubs on Hammill alert

Wolves ready to listen to offers for winger
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 9:26am

Adam Hammill: Available for transfer at Wolves

Sky Sports understands a number of Premier League and Championship clubs have been alerted to Adam Hammill's availability at Wolves.
    Wolves are thought to be willing to listen to offers for the former Liverpool youngster.
    Hammill, who joined Wolves from Barnsley in January 2011, has struggled to establish himself at Molineux, making just 23 appearances in all competitions.

The 24-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Middlesbrough and new Wolves boss Stale Solbakken has informed Hammill he does not figure in his plans.
    The news is sure to spark major interest in Hammill with the skilful winger having no shortage of admirers after rejecting several offers prior to his move to Wolves.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 03-08-2012

Rams keen on Gjokaj deal

Clough impressed by teenager during two-week trial
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 8:59am

Nigel Clough: Derby County manager was impressed by Swiss defender Valentin Gjokaj on trial

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed his interest in adding Valentin Gjokaj to his squad after the teenager impressed on trial.
    The Swiss was formerly with Lucerne and has spent the past two weeks training with the Rams, featuring in friendlies against Mansfield, Burton and Northampton.

The centre-back has caught Clough's eye and the Derby chief now appears likely to pursue a deal to bring the 18-year-old to Pride Park on a permanent basis.
    "Everything about him has impressed us. He has shown a great attitude," said Clough in the Derby Evening Telegraph.
    "We threw him in against Mansfield, Burton and Northampton, and he has competed and looked comfortable.
    "He is another good young player we would like to put into our system."

Uploads

Spurs linked with Rondon

Cazorla might not be the only player heading for North London
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 8:21am

Salomon Rondon: Tottenham are reported to be preparing a 10million bid for the striker

Salomon Rondon has hinted he would be happy to leave troubled Malaga amid reports of a 10million bid from Tottenham Hotspur.

The Spanish club need to raise money to clear debts owed to players and other clubs while the threat of relegation hangs over them as potential punishment if repayments are not made.
    Santi Cazorla looks set to join Arsenal in a 17m deal and Rondon could follow his current team-mate to the other side of North London in a move to Tottenham.

The 22-year-old Venezuela international scored 11 goals in La Liga last season as Malaga qualified for the UEFA Champions League.
    It remains to be seen whether the debt-ridden club will take part in the European Cup in the new season and it is also uncertain whether Rondon will still be in Spain.
    He is quoted as saying in The Sun: "If the situation is not fixed, it is normal that players would leave."

Uploads

Robinson in Toronto talks

Experienced full-back weighing up MLS offer
    Last Updated: August 2, 2012 10:47pm

Paul Robinson: Available as a free agent following release by Bolton

Sky Sports understands that experienced full-back Paul Robinson is in talks with Toronto FC over a move to the MLS.
    The 33-year-old defender ended last season on loan at Leeds United, having slipped down the pecking order at Bolton.
    The Trotters released Robinson into the free agent pool on the back of their relegation out of the Premier League.

Leeds made it clear early on that they would not be putting a deal to the former Watford and West Brom defender.
    That has left Robinson at a career crossroad and weighing up his options.
    Toronto have offered him the opportunity to take on a new challenge in Canada.
    The MLS outfit already have the likes of Torsten Frings, Danny Koevermans and Richard Eckersley on their books.

Uploads

Roma win Balzaretti race

Euro 2012 star signs three-year contract in Italian capital
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 10:14am

Federico Balzaretti: The defender impressed as Italy reached the final of this summer's European Championship

Roma have announced the 4.5million (3.5m) signing of Federico Balzaretti from Palermo on a three-year contract.
    The Italy international, who had also been a target of Napoli after impressing at Euro 2012, has completed the move after successfully passing his medical on Wednesday.

And with left-back Balzaretti's contract having been set to expire in June 2013, Palermo did not think they had any choice but to accept Roma's offer.
    "He had no intention of staying," said club president Maurizio Zamparini.
    "At the end of next season, as with Antonio Nocerino last year, he'd have been free to join anyone he wanted.
    "It would've been a crime for us to turn down the 4.5m that Roma were offering."

Uploads

Debuchy waits on Lille talks

Full-back still wants to be allowed to join Newcastle
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 10:12am

Mathieu Debuchy: Lille full-back wants to talk to chairman Michel Seydoux about Newcastle's offer

Mathieu Debuchy is waiting to hold talks with Lille chairman Michel Seydoux after Newcastle United's latest offer for the full-back was rejected.
    Sky Sports confirmed on Thursday that the Magpies had made an improved bid, but Seydoux responded by saying the offer did not meet his valuation and that Debuchy would be staying at Lille.
    Debuchy is unhappy that the offer has been rejected and wants to speak to Seydoux to reiterate his desire to be allowed to move to the Premier League.

"Actually the coach told me the news on Thursday afternoon," Debuchy told L'Equipe. "I met him in his office and he told me the chairman stopped the negotiations and he doesn't want me to leave anymore.
    "One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman."
    Mathieu Debuchy Quotes of the week
    Waiting

"So I called the chairman and left a message. I am waiting for him to call back to make the situation clearer because I can't understand.
    "The coach told me yesterday that he didn't want to block me anymore, that he saw my desire to discover something new.
    "Michel Seydoux states the last Newcastle offer does not meet his valuation. Again, I can't understand.

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman.

"I have the feeling everyone doesn't have the same words. I just want things to be clear.
    "I have been at Lille for 20 years, a club I really love, for which I always gave my very best. I have never made a lot of noise and I don't want to start now.

"I have the opportunity to play in the best league in the world, playing regularly against the best opponents and I really want that.
    "Today, I am still resolved to trying something new, to have another experience, and I would like to have a talk with the chairman for things to be clear between us."
    Lille's recent signing of Djibril Sidibe had increased Debuchy's hopes of heading to St James' Park, but the club may also try to bring in a more experienced full-back, with Jose Bosingwa reported to be one option.

Uploads

Leeds close on Peltier

Whites agree fee with Foxes for defender
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 10:26am

Lee Peltier: Closing in on a move to Leeds from Leicester

Sky Sports understands Leicester City defender Lee Peltier is undergoing a medical at Leeds United.
    Leeds have been chasing Peltier all summer and they have now agreed a fee with Leicester for the former Liverpool youngster.
    Peltier joined Leicester from Huddersfield Town last summer, but it is understood he no longer features in manager Nigel Pearson's plans.
    Whites boss Neil Warnock has confirmed his interest in Peltier as he looks to bolster his defensive options ahead of the new season.

Huddersfield have also been linked with a move to re-sign Peltier, but it appears Leeds are in pole position to land the 25-year-old.
    Peltier is set to hold talks with Leeds and Warnock will be hoping to tie up the deal as he continues his rebuilding plans at Elland Road.

Uploads

Coventry to bag Barton

Midfielder to sign three-year deal
    Last Updated: August 3, 2012 11:59am

Adam Barton: In talks with Coventry over a move from Preston

Sky Sports understands Coventry are poised to sign Preston midfielder Adam Barton.
    Barton is in talks with Coventry after they agreed a fee with Preston for his services.
    Preston are willing to offload Barton as he does not figure in Graham Westley's plans and has been training away from the first-team squad in pre-season.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in Barton, but Coventry have stolen a march on their rivals by making a move for the highly-rated midfielder.
    Barton is expected to sign a three-year deal at Coventry to become Andy Thorn's latest signing of the summer.

Uploads

Mourinho - Sahin can leave
    Last Updated: August 3 2012, 13:56 BST

Arsenal target Nuri Sahin has been told by Jose Mourinho that he can leave Real Madrid

Nuri Sahin: Turkish midfielder is said to be on Arsenal's radar
    The Gunners are reportedly interested in signing Sahin on a season-long deal with an option to buy, but face competition from Galatasaray for the 23-year-old Turkey midfielder.
    Emirates Stadium is Sahin's preferred destination and the transfer moved a step closer on Friday when Mourinho declared he is surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu.

5. Nuri Sahin

Appearances 0 (0)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

"The point is that he's a young boy who wants to play every match," the Real manager said.
    "He wants to play to be happy and in Real Madrid with Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira, Lassana Diarra, Esteban Granero and Mesut Ozil, the situation is not easy.
    "Real Madrid is very difficult. It is not an easy club, because we demand a lot.
    "We have great players and when you don't start well, it's difficult to do it.

"If he stays, he's not a problem for me. He's one more solution. We are leaving the situation in his hands.
    "Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave we're going to help you to leave.
    "If you decide to stay, we're going to support you and try to succeed this season."
    Sahin joined Real for 8million last summer after helping Borussia Dortmund win the Bundesliga title.
    Injury prevented him from making his debut for the Spanish champions until November and he only made 10 appearances throughout the season, scoring once.

Arsenal's squad looks set to be strengthened by the arrival of Santi Cazorla, the Malaga attacking midfielder who is reported to have completed a medical.
    Cazorla has agreed a four-year contract and the highly-rated 27-year-old Spanish international is thought to have cost the Gunners 16million.
    His arrival would continue a busy summer of transfer activity at Emirates Stadium with strikers Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud already recruited.
    And they could also be joined by France youth international M'Baye Niang.
    Caen president Jean-Francois Fortin has revealed that Arsenal have made an official offer for Niang, 17, after he impressed during a loan spell earlier in the summer.

"Arsenal made me a proposition, but other clubs are interested - two in England and one in Italy," Fortin told L'Equipe.
    "There will be an issue here for a fortnight before the matter is resolved."
    Robin van Persie's future remains unresolved with the Dutch striker refusing to sign a contract extension with Manchester United, City and Juventus interested.

Uploads

Aquilani completes Fiorentina move
    Last Updated: August 3 2012, 16:36 BST

Alberto Aquilani's time at Liverpool is finally over after the Reds confirmed the midfielder had completed a permanent transfer to Fiorentina.

Alberto Aquilani: Brings an end to his Liverpool spell
    The 28-year-old Italian arrived at Anfield on a five-year deal in August 2009 following the departure of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, but his time on Merseyside was badly affected by injury and he has spent the last two seasons on loan, firstly to Juventus and then AC Milan.
    A statement on club website www.liverpoolfc.tv read: "Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.

"The Italian midfielder joined Liverpool in 2009 but made just 28 first-team appearances having spent the last two seasons on loan in his homeland.
    "Everyone at the club would like to wish Alberto all the best for the future."
    "We have managed to seal a deal for Aquilani, who is a Fiorentina player," Fiorentina's honorary president Andrea Della Vale said on Italy's Sky television.

"He is the big name signing that we were waiting for."
    Aquilani's future team-mate Francesco Della Rocca, who was presented to the media at the Viola's training camp in Moena on Friday, cannot wait to welcome Aquilani to the club.
    "Alberto is a great player and he will do really well at Fiorentina," he said.
    "He wants to bounce back from what has not been a very positive time for him at Liverpool and I am convinced that it will be a big chance for him in Florence."
    Aquilani scored two goals in his 28 appearances for Liverpool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast