Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 05-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 05-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 05-08-2012

Zidan joins Bani Yas

Egypt international pleased with his tenure in Bundesliga

Mohamed Zidan: Leaving Germany after eight years

Mainz striker Mohamed Zidan has joined UAE side Bani Yas on a two-year deal.
    The 30-year-old was a target for other clubs in the Bundesliga and France, but opted to decline them in favour of this lucrative offer.
    Zidan, an Egypt international, will reportedly earn a net salary of 2.5million a season in the Emirates.
    During his eight year tenure in Germany, Zidan played for Werder Bremen, Dortmund and Mainz.
    Delighted

"I am delighted to go to the UAE to continue my career," he told Skysports.com.
    "I gave my all to German football with the three clubs I played for so I am happy for an opportunity to go somewhere else.
    "I want to give my all to my new club."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 05-08-2012

Hughes poised to join Bournemouth

Former Scotland international returns to his old club

Richards Hughes: Former Scotland international becomes latest player to leave Portsmouth

Bournemouth have confirmed Richard Hughes will complete his move to the club subject to a medical.
    The experienced 33-year-old joins the club as a free agent having previously been at Portsmouth.
    Hughes, a former Scotland international, spent nine years at Pompey where he made 131 League appearances for the club.

His signing marks a return to the club where he started his professional career in 1998 after coming through the youth system at Arsenal.
    In his first spell at Bournemouth, he was part of the side that twice went close to reaching the play-offs.
    He made over 130 league appearances for the Cherries before joining Portsmouth and has also gained five Scotland caps during his career.

Uploads

Yoshida tipped for big move

Venlo defender linked with Villa after starring for Japan

Maya Yoshida: VVV Venlo believe it is the perfect time for him to join a bigger club

VVV Venlo chairman Hai Berden has admitted that Maya Yoshida was on Aston Villa's radar before Ron Vlaar's move was finalised, and believes the defender is ready to join a bigger club.

Yoshida, who is currently captaining Japan's Olympic squad, has earned rave reviews for his performances in the Eredivisie over the past couple of years.
    Berden says it looked like he could have been on his way to Villa when Vlaar's switch to the Midlands from Feyenoord briefly appeared to have collapsed.

The VVV official is in no doubt that Yoshida has the potential to play at the very highest level, with reports suggesting that he is a target for other clubs in England as well as Germany.
    "Maya already attracted the interest of Aston Villa, but finally the transfer of Ron Vlaar went through," Berden told De Telegraaf.
    "For VVV and Maya this is the perfect moment for him to make the step to a bigger club."

Uploads

Capoue ready to leave Toulouse

Reported Arsenal target desperate for Champions League football

Etienne Capoue: Toulose midfielder wants to play Champions League football

Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue has revealed he wants to leave them for a club that can offer him UEFA Champions League football.
    The 24-year-old is one of the most promising young players in France and is coveted by a number of Europe's leading outfits.
    Capoue has spent five years at Toulouse but their failure to secure Champions League football last season and his desire to play for France has prompted this decision.
    Champions League

"I want to play in the Champions League, and face the best teams in the continent. Toulouse cannot offer me that this season," he told L'Equipe.
    "We missed out on Europe at the end of the Championnat. Yes, I want to leave.
    "It's not that I'm not happy at Toulouse, but I want to progress, pass a course and integrate as quickly as possible in the France team."
    Mature

However, club president Olivier Sadran is reluctant to lose one of his best talents and suggested Capoue should stay with the Ligue 1 outfit to further develop his skills.
    "For Etienne, I have not received any offers. Many big clubs think that some of our top players have yet to mature," he said.
    Arsenal were linked with the midfielder earlier this summer and reports in Spain have outlined Seville's interest in the player.

Uploads

Big Sam - Carroll keeps us up

Nolan still hoping former team-mate makes Upton Park move
    Last Updated: August 5, 2012 10:00am

Kevin Nolan would relish the chance to link up with former Newcastle team-mate Andy Carroll

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believes the signing of Andy Carroll would have guaranteed Premier League survival for the Hammers.
    The newly-promoted side have failed to persuade the 23-year-old target-man to join them from Liverpool in a 2million season-long loan deal.
    Carroll does not appear to be central to Brendan Rodgers' plans at Anfield and that had opened up the possibility of a switch but the player himself is thought to be unwilling to make the move.

Allardyce is disappointed with that decision - as he believes the arrival of the England international could have ensured a successful season.
    "I would have probably stuck my neck out and said we would almost certainly stay up with him on board," Allardyce told The People.
    "We wouldn't have thought we would have had any chance of signing a player of Andy Carroll's capabilities but it became clear a couple of weeks ago there was a possibility of a loan.
    "Unfortunately, at this moment, it's not the case."
    Delighted

Hammers skipper Kevin Nolan is hoping that situation changes as he would welcome the opportunity to link up with his former Newcastle team-mate once again.
    "I would be delighted if Andy would come and join us here," Nolan told the Daily Star.
    "I am not too sure whether Brendan Rodgers will let him leave but there is lots of speculation - there always is surrounding Andy.
    "If there is a chance, we would be in the reckoning for him because he is such a quality player."

Uploads

Redknapp reveals Real deal

Former boss expects Spurs to sell Croatia midfielder
    Last Updated: August 5, 2012 9:40am

Harry Redknapp expects Luka Modric to leave Tottenham this month

Former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp claims chairman Daniel Levy told Luka Modric last year he could join Real Madrid this summer.
    The Croatia midfielder has been the subject of intense transfer speculation for the second consecutive summer, with Real Madrid keen to take the 26-year-old to the Bernabeu.

"The chairman said to him last year 'Give us one more season and if Real come in, I won't stand in your way'."
    Harry Redknapp Quotes of the week
    Chelsea's attempts to sign Modric were rebuffed last season and Levy has maintained that hard-line stance again - holding out for 40million for the playmaker.
    But Redknapp, who left Spurs in May, believes the club will struggle to deny Modric a move given the promises of the past.
    Redknapp told The Sun: "I would not be sure Luka would start the season at Tottenham.

"The club would be happy to sell if they get the right money. The chairman said to him last year 'Give us one more season and if Real come in, I won't stand in your way'."
    If Modric is sold it would provide new boss Andre Villas-Boas with a significant transfer kitty and that could see Spurs swoop for Lyon and France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
    The 25-year-old's father and agent Luc told The Sun: "I'm sure that Hugo's move will be accelerated if Modric joins Real."

Uploads

United close on Lucas deal

Ferguson stays behind to oversee deal for Brazilian starlet
    Last Updated: August 5, 2012 12:54pm

Lucas Moura: Closing in on a move to Manchester United

Sky Sports understands Manchester United are poised to win the race for Brazilian winger Lucas Moura.
    United have been chasing the Sao Paulo winger all summer and have already seen one bid rejected for the 19-year-old.
    The likes of Inter Milan, Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid have all been credited with an interest in Moura, but it appears United are in pole position to land the highly-rated starlet.

A fee is believed to have been agreed between United and Sao Paulo and the Old Trafford outfit have been given the green light to hold talks with the player.
    Sir Alex Ferguson remained behind from United's pre-season trip to Norway for Sunday's friendly with Valerenga with the reason for his absence thought to be push through a deal for Moura.

Should United clinch the signing of Moura it would be a massive boost for Ferguson as the wide-man is regarded as one of the brightest young talents to emerge from Brazil in recent years.
    Moura is currently on Olympics duty with Brazil and is expected to feature for Brazil in their semi-final against South Korea at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Uploads

Pardew eyes three arrivals

Magpies chief confident of keeping best players
    Last Updated: August 5, 2012 12:02pm

Alan Pardew: Would ideally like to bring in three new faces before transfer window closes

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted he hopes to bring in three new faces before the close of the transfer window.
    The Magpies have been relatively quiet on the transfer front this summer with youngsters Gael Bigirimana, Romain Amalfitano and Curtis Good the only new faces at St James' Park.
    Pardew is refusing to worry about bringing in any high-profile signings as he is confident the club will keep hold of their top stars if other sides come calling for them.

"I don't know if not signing anyone is bad news," Pardew told the Sunday Sun.
    "I would say that bad news is losing a player, especially one of our top players and I do believe we are pretty strong in terms of that not happening.

"We are in a situation wherein we can hold off any offers that come our way.
    "But if we get players in then great. I do need a couple of players, maybe three.
    Comfortable

"However, I am very comfortable about going into our first game without any. If, to get a deal done, we need to show patience then that's what we will do.
    "It's better to be patient with the ones that you want, rather than going down the list a little bit."

Uploads

Lennon eyes new faces

Bhoys chief wants new defender and forward
    Last Updated: August 5, 2012 12:03pm

Neil Lennon: Hoping to sign a new defender and forward before the close of the transfer window

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has admitted he is hoping to bring in a couple of new faces before the close of the transfer window.
    Lennon is in the marker for a new defender and forward as he looks to bolster his squad at Parkhead.
    However, Lennon admits his transfer plans will be dictacted by either qualifying for the group stages of the Champions League or by raising some funds by offloading players.
    Funds

"The extent to which we can spend will depend if we can bring capital in from sales as well," said Lennon.
    "If we get into the Champions League, and it's a big 'if' we'll have two days of being very busy. If not, if we do sell a player, there will be funds available for freshening up.
    "We have good quality in the squad, but it's always good to add a little jag here and there.
    "I'd like to add one in defence and a centre forward if we can. We will see what happens."

Uploads

Ronaldo eyes American future

Real forward open to the idea of one day making MLS move
    Last Updated: August 5, 2012 5:41pm

Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid forward would like to play in the MLS

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that he would like to play in Major League Soccer at some point in the future.
    The Portugal international is currently in USA as part of Real's pre-season tour, preparing to take on Mexican side Santos Laguna in Las Vegas later on Sunday.

He is a fan of the game in America and admits he would be interested in one day plying his trade in the country.
    "If I can help to be a better soccer here I can help but I think they are great, they are in a good way," Ronaldo said in an interview with the MLS website.
    "I hope to come here to play one day."
    Ronaldo, 27, joined Real from Manchester United in the summer of 2009 after a world-record deal was agreed between the clubs worth 80million.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast