Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 06-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 06-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 06-08-2012

Mancini doubts RVP deal

United favourites to land Dutchman
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 7:51am

Roberto Mancini: Not expecting to win the race for Robin van Persie

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini appears resigned to losing out in the race to sign Robin van Persie this summer.
    Along with local rivals United and Italian giants Juventus, City are one of the clubs interested in Van Persie, who last month announced he would not be signing a new contract with Arsenal.

However, the prospects of the Dutchman making the move to the Etihad Stadium now look remote with Mancini admitting he does not expect to have the player in his ranks next season.
    The Italian was quoted as saying by various newspapers: "Van Persie? No, I don't think he will come here."
    Van Persie, who finished as top scorer in the Premier League last season, is thought to favour a move to City's rivals United with Sir Alex Ferguson confident of winning the race for the 29-year-old.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 06-08-2012

Zoko delight at County deal

Striker is ready to fight for his place at Meadow Lane
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 9:25am

Francois Zoko: The Notts County new-boy scored 24 goals in two years sat Carlisle

Francois Zoko has set his sights on firing new club Notts County into the Championship at the first time of asking.
    The League One side narrowly missed out on the play-offs last season despite a late charge in which they lost only once in their last eight games causing manager Keith Curle to ring the changes at Meadow Lane as he sets about overhauling his squad for another promotion push.

Former Carlisle striker became Curle's 10th summer signing when he turned down a new deal at Brunton Park and signed up for County for the next two seasons.
    And Zoko, who scored 14 goals for Carlisle last season, admits he is relishing the opportunity of fighting for the League One title.
    'Prove myself'

"I am delighted to be with Notts County and am looking forward to moving this club forward," said Zoko. "I am 28 years old and I would love to take this club into the upper division next season.
    "I will work hard to prove myself and score as much as I can for Notts County."

Zoko, who shot to fame at Carlisle when he fired home a spectacular overhead kick in their 1-0 win over Hartlepool in 2011, has been made to wait for his debut after their friendly match against AEK Athens was washed out on Sunday.
    The striker was named on the bench for the game against the Greek side only for it to be called off after the break because of torrential rain during the interval that made the pitch unplayable.

Uploads

Feddal on the radar

English eyes on Morocco defender after strong Olympics showing
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 9:09am

Zouhair Feddal: Keen on a switch to England

Morocco international Zouhair Feddal is the latest player to have caught the eye of English scouts during the Olympic Games football tournament.
    The 23-year-old, who can leave Espanyol on a free transfer, had already attracted interest from England prior to his impressive showing at London 2012.

Several clubs watched the left-sided centre-half during the goalless draw against Spain at Old Trafford last week, with a man of the match performance doing his chances of earning a move little harm.
    It is now expected a number of his suitors could show their hand this week following Morocco's exit from the tournament.
    His English representative Rob Shield told Sky Sports: "A number of clubs were at the game to watch the young Spanish side, but most commented on the performance of Zou.

"He's a class act, tall, quick and a bargain buy for any club in the Championship or higher."
    While Feddal is thought to be open to a move to England, clubs in both France and Spain have also shown tentative interest.

Uploads

'No Spurs bid' for Damiao

Internacional wait for striker to return from the Olympic Games
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 8:59am

Leandro Damiao: Internacional has been a long-term target for Tottenham but there has been no new bid

Internacional insist there has been no fresh bid from Tottenham Hotspur for Leandro Damiao, but claim the striker has turned down offers from other clubs.
    Tottenham have held a long-term interest in Damiao, and both Internacional and the player claim to have previously rejected a bid from the Premier League side.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is looking to improve his attacking options after a permanent move for Emmanuel Adebayor stalled and Damiao has again been linked with a switch to White Hart Lane.
    However, Internacional vice-president Luciano Davi has downplayed the latest speculation and is waiting for Damiao to return from Olympic Games duty with Brazil.

"There was no offer from Tottenham, but there were other offers that he rejected," Davi told Terra.
    "Let's wait for his return, with the gold medal, to decide what we will do. He is an Internacional player, but we are ready for what may happen."
    Damiao's Olympic team-mate Oscar has already left Internacional for the Premier League this summer after signing for Chelsea and Davi is hoping Brazil can claim gold at the 2012 Games.

He added: "There will be offers for Leandro Damiao, no doubt about that. He has already rejected offers in the last few years.
    "Oscar, for example, only left because there was no way we could keep him.
    "I hope they get the gold medal. Leandro Damiao, Oscar, Juan and Pato deserve it. May Leandro Damiao win the gold and return to help us.
    "I'll think about him when he gets back."

Uploads

Hughton mulls Ayala enquiry

Forest hoping to land Spaniard on season-long loan
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 8:07am

Daniel Ayala: Subject of a loan enquiry from Nottingham Forest

Norwich boss Chris Hughton has confirmed Nottingham Forest have made an enquiry for defender Daniel Ayala.
    Forest chief Sean O'Driscoll is keen to bolster his defensive options after seeing a host of players leave the City Ground this summer and is hoping to land the former Liverpool youngster on a season-long loan.
    Hughton is now mulling over whether or not to loan out the Spaniard as he does not want to leave himself short of cover in central defence.
    Decision

"At the moment nothing is confirmed," said Hughton. "There has been that interest and we'll just see where that goes but nothing has yet been confirmed. It is an enquiry - that is all I would say.
    "We'll certainly know more over the next day or two and then we have got a decision to make at the club on what we do on that one. I have to make that decision but I have five centre-halves at the moment.

"He is a good young talent, he is young and he had an injury last year that restricted his games. I think from memory he only played six or seven times in the first team and he is one that we would like to see how he develops but that is for the next day or two."

Uploads

Kean confirms Rhodes bid

Rovers enter race for prolific striker
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 7:59am

Jordan Rhodes: Subject of interest from Blackburn and Fulham

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean has confirmed he has tabled a bid for Huddersfield Town striker Jordan Rhodes.
    Rhodes is one of the hottest properties in this summer's transfer window with a number of clubs chasing his signature.
    Rhodes has scored 85 goals in 127 starts for Huddersfield and the Championship new boys are facing a fight to keep hold of their prize asset.

Fulham have already had one offer rejected for the Scotland international and now Blackburn have firmed up their interest with a bid for Rhodes.
    Blackburn are in the market for striking reinforcements after seeing summer arrival Leon Best sidelined with a serious knee injury and Kean has admitted they have bid for Rhodes and that they are chasing other targets.
    "I can confirm that we have a bid in for Rhodes, and are also interested in other players," Kean told ESPN.

Uploads

Afellay open to offers

Winger has been tracked by a number of top clubs around Europe
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 12:35pm

Ibrahim Afellay: The Barcelona winger has been plagued by injuries since his move from PSV

Ibrahim Afellay's agent has confirmed that the Barcelona midfielder would consider a loan move away from the Nou Camp.
    The 26-year-old has struggled to make an impact at the Spanish club since his switch from PSV Eindhoven in January 2011 because of injuries.
    The winger missed most of last season with a serious cruciate ligament injury but has since returned to full fitness and joined up with the Dutch squad for their disappointing Euro 2012 campaign.

And, despite featuring in a number of pre-season friendly matches under new boss Tito Vilanova, Afellay could again find himself marginalised now the club's Spanish Euro 2012 players have returned from their holidays.
    "Afellay could go out on loan for a year," his representative Rob Jansen told Italian reporters over the weekend. "Yes, that is a possibility."
    The comments are likely to spark a frantic race across Europe for his signature with Serie A clubs Inter Milan, Lazio, AC Milan and Fiorentina, as well as Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund and French club Lille all reportedly interested in the talented winger.
    Premier League duo Arsenal and Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Afellay in the past.
    Very unlikely

However, Jansen later suggested that it is unlikely that Afellay will be leaving Barcelona, despite the wealth of interest.
    "I won't take such messages too seriously," Jansen told Voetbal International.
    "Of course, there are a lot of clubs interested, but that has always been the chase. Ibrahim had not yet signed for Barca and other clubs were already on the phone.
    "A move away from FC Barcelona is not currently an issue. Ibrahim feels good and plays for Barca.
    "There is no reason to leave. Is a departure entirely excluded? It's football, but it is very unlikely."

Uploads

Dzeko 'unlikely to leave'

City striker confirms interest in playing in Italy
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 10:39am

Edin Dzeko: Striker is 'pretty unlikely' to leave Manchester City, according to Roberto Mancini

Roberto Mancini says it is 'pretty unlikely' that Edin Dzeko will leave Manchester City, despite the striker's own comments regarding his future.
    Dzeko has been linked with a summer exit from the Etihad Stadium after struggling to establish himself in the starting line-up in the second half of last season.

He has been mooted as a replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic at AC Milan, while Italian champions Juventus are also reported to be keen.
    The Bosnia-Herzegovina international appeared to further fuel rumours of a departure when he confirmed his interest in playing in Serie A after City's friendly against his former club Wolfsburg on Saturday.
    Waiting

"I always follow the Italian league and one day I'd like to play in it," Dzeko is quoted in the Manchester Evening News. "I also know that Milan has sold two of its best players.
    "For now I am a City player, but to be sure I will stay here I will have to wait until the end of the month. I'll see what happens, and if someone else comes."

However, with Mancini yet to bring in any new strikers this summer, the City boss is not expecting Dzeko to move on from the Premier League champions.
    "It's pretty unlikely he will leave," Mancini told Sky Sport Italia after Dzeko had scored twice in Sunday's 4-0 friendly win over Limerick.
    "He is right to say it's no fun being on the bench but when you join a big club then competition is normal."

Uploads

Cardiff close on Bellamy deal

Reds ready to let striker leave for Bluebirds return
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 1:52pm

Craig Bellamy: Closing in on a return to Cardiff City

Sky Sports understands Cardiff City are in pole position to re-sign Liverpool forward Craig Bellamy.
    Cardiff have been chasing Bellamy's signature with Malky Mackay previously confirming his interest in bringing the forward back to the club.
    It is understood Liverpool are reluctantly willing to let the Wales international leave Anfield for personal reasons.
    Bellamy played for home-town club Cardiff on a season-long loan in 2010-11 after finding himself out of favour at Manchester City.
    The 33-year-old joined Liverpool from City on a free transfer last summer and impressed during his second stint at Anfield.

Bellamy, who impressed for Team GB at the Olympics, has also attracted interest from Queens Park Rangers with Mark Hughes keen to be reunited with his compatriot.
    However, QPR are facing a losing battle to land Bellamy as Liverpool are reluctant to let the forward leave to a Premier League rival and would prefer to see him move to Cardiff.
    Liverpool are thought to be willing to let Bellamy return to Cardiff for free with the player keen to be closer to his family home.

Uploads

Spurs set to strike

Villas-Boas in search for goalscorer
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 2:11pm

Andre Villas-Boas: Tottenham manager eyeing a striker

Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he is desperate to add a striker to his Tottenham Hotspur squad before the season starts, but insists he will not be rushed into an expensive mistake.

The Tottenham manager has been left with Jermain Defoe as his only senior striker following the departure of Louis Saha and the failure to secure Emmanuel Adebayor on a permanent deal.
    He is currently utilising 19-year-old Harry Kane in the club's pre-season fixtures, although the youngster has yet to make his Premier League debut.
    But despite the lack of options and time before their opening game against Newcastle on August 18th the new manager insists he will not resort to panic buying.
    Sound bids

He said: "In this market it's important to make good, sound bids, not just to do anything for the sake of it.
    "We are hopefully moving in the market in the next couple of days or weeks.
    "We are trying to deal with the market. Lots of teams are having difficulty, there's not a lot of money around and teams try to hold onto their assets as best they can.
    "We're just trying to make the best decisions possible before the start of the league - hopefully trying to solve the issue with one more striker before the Newcastle game.

"It's funny because last January everybody was expecting one big move to trigger all of the others and it didn't happen, so I think it's just a sign of the difficult financial situation in all of Europe. It spreads out into football.
    "The Premier League is obviously the richest league in the world and clubs are trying to be able to move the market. Some can and others are trying to trigger that move, but that doesn't mean it will happen."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast