Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 07-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 07-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 07-08-2012

Arshavin linked to Galatasaray

QPR also watching Russia captain; Arsenal said to want 7m
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 8:32am

Andrey Arshavin: The Russia captain is said to have 'no problem' with a move to Turkey

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin would be prepared to move to Turkey, according to his agent, amid reports of a 4million bid from Galatasaray.
    Queens Park Rangers have also been linked with the Russian, who was set to hold talks over his future with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger before the start of the season.

Arshavin spent the second half of last season on loan at former side Zenit St Petersburg and was expected to leave Emirates Stadium this summer in order to fund other incomings.
    And Galatasaray is one possible destination, with Arshavin's agent, Dennis Lachter, indicating a move to Eastern Europe would not be an issue.
    Lachter said in the Daily Mirror: "We have no problem going to Turkey."

Galatasaray, though, could have to increase their offer, as Wenger and Arsenal are thought to want closer to 7m for a player who they paid 15m for in the winter of 2009.
    Russia captain Arshavin is reported to want a lucrative move to the Middle East but might be tempted by the switch Turkey.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 07-08-2012

Schalke want Huntelaar to sign

Bundesliga club anxious for Dutchman to extend deal beyond 2013
    Last Updated: August 6, 2012 9:40pm

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: Has one year remaining on his Schalke contract and is yet to agree a new deal

Schalke general manager Horst Heldt wants Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to sign a new deal as the club is not interested in selling its best players.
    The 28-year-old Holland international has just one year remaining on his three-year contract at the Veltins Arena and was the top scorer in the Bundesliga last season with 29 goals.

That has led to speculation that Schalke must sell the striker if they are unable to persuade him to sign a new contract.
    But Heldt is only focusing on driving the club forward as they prepare for a UEFA Champions League campaign and feels the Dutchman should stay.
    "Huntelaar is to set the agenda," Heldt told Sky Deutschland. "We want to sign a new deal with him and I feel it would be just reasonable for both parties to sign a new contract.

"But we need him 100 per cent committed. I am unable to force him into signing a new contract at our club.
    He added: "We are a UEFA Champions League club this season, we were third last season and we are keen to play a big part in this season as well. We are not going to sell our best players."

Uploads

Chelsea hold more Moses talks

Whelan waiting to see if Wigan's valuation will be met
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 9:06am

Victor Moses: Wigan winger wants to join Chelsea and Dave Whelan is waiting for his asking price to be met

Dave Whelan is waiting to see if Chelsea will match Wigan Athletic's valuation of Victor Moses following fresh talks regarding the winger.
    Moses is in the final year of his contract at the DW Stadium and Latics chairman Whelan has previously urged the Nigeria international to sign a new deal.

Whelan's preference remains for the 21-year-old to stay with Wigan, but he confirmed Moses does want to join the European champions before the transfer window closes.
    A reported 4million bid has already been rejected and there are now claims that Whelan has lowered his asking price from 10million to 8.5million.

Further discussions have been held with Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay and Whelan is waiting for developments regarding Moses' future.
    "I have spoken to Chelsea's chief executive and they are easy to deal with," Whelan told ESPN.
    "We have told them the price and they will come back and agree it or not.
    "We would much prefer the player to sign a new contract and stay but he wants to go to Chelsea and it's a good club so we cannot stand in his way."

Uploads

Moratti reveals PSG bid for Moura

Inter chief says French giants will pay huge fee for Brazilian
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 8:36am

Lucas Moura: Strongly linked with PSG

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti claims Paris Saint Germain have lodged a 45million (35.7million) bid for Sao Paulo starlet Lucas Moura.
    Manchester United had been leading the chase for the Brazilian forward and have been in talks with his club and his representatives.
    But the English giants have been unable to agree terms and now big-spending PSG look to have agreed to Sao Paulo's demands of a fee in excess of 40million - a figure United were unwilling to meet.
    Inter were also very much in the bidding for Moura, but they too have baulked at the demands.

Now Moratti has stated that PSG, who have been tracking Moura for a number of months, have stepped up their interest by making a firm bid.
    "Faced with such prices, we cannot compete. We have a different logic than that of Paris Saint Germain," said Moratti.
    "In any case, there are no regrets that we didn't finish off the move, as the cost was already pretty high a few days ago.
    "The 45m that PSG offered is completely illogical and for us it would've been very out of key with our approach.
    "PSG are starting a new era, so they are completely reconstructing the squad. At least I can relish the fact I'm saving money.
    "We were close to Lucas, for several days we talked about him, but honestly I never really believed in this deal, because it was too expensive.
    "I have no regrets, the only certain thing now is that I saved money. (Bologna's, Gaston) Ramirez and (Catania's, Alejandro) Gomez as alternatives? There are many good players, but I don't choose the players."
    Denial

Reports in Brazil have stated once Moura has finished playing in the Olympic football tournament a deal will be announced.
    It is also claimed as part of the agreement with PSG - he would remain in Brazil until January, which also appealed to Sao Paulo.
    Sao Paulo football director Adalberto Baptista told UOL: "I won't talk about this subject anymore because that's the fifth club the press say have signed Lucas."

The player's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, insists talk of a move to PSG is hugely premature, insisting it was paper talk.
    "I am in Europe to watch the games," he told Terra.
    "First they said Lucas was at Manchester United, now he belongs to PSG. Everyone is trying to build their story like a jigsaw puzzle."
    However, Thiago Silva, who is currently with Moura in London for the Olympics, hinted he had talked to him about PSG and there was something happening.

"I did suggest him to Leonardo as he asked me," he told ESPN Brazil.
    "I praised Lucas not because he plays with me, not because he is my friend but because he is a player that can contribute a lot to the national team. He is a skilful player that can decide in short space and finish quickly.
    "Lucas and I have been talking since last week because I noticed something was reported on the press.
    "Then I talked to Lucas to know what was going on. It's still open, they are still talking but it's not done."

Uploads

Chelsea step up Cesar chase

Marseille thought to want 8m for right-back Azpilicueta
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 8:20am

Cesar Azpilicueta: Chelsea have been chasing the Spaniard throughout the summer

Chelsea have made a 'serious approach' for Marseille defender Cesar Azpilicueta, according to the French club.
    The Spanish full-back has already this summer been linked with the European champions and in July he admitted he was flattered by the interest.
    Marseille are thought to want 8million for Azpilicueta and big-spending Chelsea could be prepared to match that fee as they seek to solve a problem position at right-back.

The Stamford Bridge club have already spent more than 60m bringing in the likes of Oscar, Eden Hazard and Marko Marin, and Azpilicueta could be the next new face.
    Marseille president Vincent Labrune is quoted as saying in The Sun: "Chelsea have made a serious approach for Cesar."
    Sources in France are saying Chelsea are prepared to offer Gael Kakuta as part of any deal for Azpilicueta.

Uploads

Laudrup - No cheap Allen deal

Swansea boss warning for suitors of midfield ace
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 7:47am

Joe Allen: Targeted by Liverpool

Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup has insisted that Joe Allen will be 'very, very expensive' and should cost Liverpool more than 20million.
    The 22-year-old has already been the subject of a bid from former Swans boss Brendan Rodgers - who is now in charge at Anfield.
    Laudrup, though, has pointed to the fact that Liverpool spent 17million on Jordan Henderson last summer, and he feels that Allen should cost more.

"He is worth a lot of money because he's a good player," said Laudrup.
    "The manager knows him and knows if he wants to change the way Liverpool play he needs a player in the midfield like Joe Allen.
    "But he also knows he's very, very expensive. We saw they bought a couple of midfielders in the last few years for a lot of money, but with all due respect Joe is on a level above.

"In my opinion, if one is worth 17m then Joe is worth more, perhaps over 20million. I'm talking as a football man not as a chairman but if the chairman asks my advice then I will tell him the same."
    Exchange

It is understood the offer Swansea rejected last month included Jonjo Shelvey moving on a season-long loan to the Liberty.
    But Laudrup says he will not accept an offer that includes a player not considered first-choice at Anfield.
    When asked about the possibility of an exchange, he said: "If we could have (Luis) Suarez ... We have good players here and they have good players, but I can't see a player not in the starting 11 at Liverpool being in the starting 11 in our team.
    "They might want to do it because they can pay less money."
    While Allen continues to be linked with Liverpool, Laudrup is still looking to strengthen his squad, and the Dane says he is closing in on two more additions, believed to be a striker and a winger.
    "One is quite close but the other one is more difficult," he said.
    "But I hope he will be an important player for us. He is playing at quite a big club so it's not that easy. They are both offensive players. One can defend as well.
    "We are also working on other alternatives."

Uploads

Baggies close in on Rosenberg
    Last Updated: August 7 2012, 9:15 BST

West Brom are reportedly closing in on the signing of Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg and hope to complete the move within the next few days.

Rosenberg: Has held talks with West Brom
    Rosenberg has been on the Baggies radar since becoming a free agent after his contract with Werden Bremen ran out this summer.
    The 29-year-old held talks on Monday afternoon with Albion at their training ground.

Sources close to the midlands club are confident a deal will happen sooner rather than later.
    Rosenberg would become West Brom's fourth close season signing after midfielder Claudio Yacob, winger Yassine El Ghanassy, who is on a season long loan from AA Gent, and keeper Ben Foster.

He scored 40 goals in 123 appearances for Bremen and previously had a spell with Ajax.
    Meanwhile, Nottingham Forest have inquired about Albion striker Simon Cox who is entering the final year of his contract.
    Cox has slipped down the pecking order at West Brom and is fourth choice striker behind Peter Odemwingie, Shane Long and Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Uploads

Juve want Suarez and RVP

Italians would like double striker deal
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 1:30pm

Luis Suarez: Juventus target along with RVP

Sky Sports understands that Juventus' interest in Luis Suarez will not detract from their move for Robin van Persie.
    It is understood that Juventus would ideally love to pair Van Persie and Suarez in a dream attack.
    Whether either deal is pushed on remains to be seen, but Italian champions Juve are aiming big.

They have already made a firm move for Van Persie but, as with rival bidders Manchester City and Manchester United, have not been able to agree terms with Arsenal.
    Sky Sports understands that Arsenal are standing firm over their valuation of the Dutch striker, who confirmed earlier this summer he did not wish to extend his contract, which has one year left.
    Whilst Juve continue to work on a possible deal for Van Persie, they also have an interest in Suarez.

But it is understood that their interest in Suarez is long-standing and their ideal scenario was to sign both players but whether either deal can be done remains to be seen.
    Despite his troubles last season, Suarez remains popular with the Anfield faithful and his performances underlined his quality.

Uploads

Robinson goes for Toronto talks

Former Bolton defender also attracting interest in England
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 2:06pm

Paul Robinson: Former Bolton full-back has travelled to Canada to hold talks with Toronto FC

Sky Sports understands former Bolton Wanderers defender Paul Robinson has travelled to Canada to hold talks over a move to Toronto FC.
    Robinson is available on a free transfer after leaving Bolton at the end of last season and Sky Sports revealed last week that he has emerged as a target for Toronto.

The Major League Soccer club's coach, and former England international, Paul Mariner is keen to make the 33-year-old his latest recruit.
    Mariner last week agreed a deal to sign ex-Celtic defender Darren O'Dea, who was on loan with Robinson at Leeds United last season.
    Robinson is now exploring the possibility of continuing his career in the MLS after heading to Canada to discuss a deal.
    However, it is understood that the experienced left-back is also the subject of interest from clubs back in England.

Uploads

Gerrard set for Terriers

Cardiff defender heading for medical and talks
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 12:39pm

Anthony Gerrard: Cardiff City defender is set to join Championship rivals Huddersfield Town

Sky Sports understands Huddersfield Town are set to sign Cardiff City defender Anthony Gerrard on a three-year contract.
    Gerrard made 20 appearances in the Championship for Cardiff last season, but Sky Sports revealed last month that the Terriers had shown an interest.

Huddersfield manager Simon Grayson has enjoyed a busy summer building a squad capable of making an impact in the second tier following last term's promotion.
    Grayson has identified Gerrard as the latest piece in his jigsaw and he is now closing in on the capture of the centre-half.
    It is understood that Gerrard has travelled to Huddersfield to undergo a medical and hold talks about finalising a move to the club.
    The 26-year-old joined Cardiff from Walsall in 2009 and spent the 2010/11 campaign on loan at divisional rivals Hull City.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast