Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Bellamy quiet on future

    Liverpool forward tipped to return to Cardiff this summer
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:10am



    Craig Bellamy: Liverpool forward is saying nothing regarding reports he could rejoin Cardiff


    Craig Bellamy says he is taking his future 'day by day' amid reports the Liverpool forward is set to rejoin hometown club Cardiff City.
    Sky Sports revealed earlier this week that Cardiff are in pole position to sign the 33-year-old after Liverpool reluctantly agreed to let Bellamy move on.


    Bellamy is understood to want to return to South Wales for personal reasons and Liverpool are willing to let the versatile attacker head back to Cardiff for free.
    Cardiff are reportedly trying to finalise the deal before next week's opening game of the season against Huddersfield Town, but Bellamy is keeping quiet regarding his future.


    "Look, you know me better than to expect me to talk publicly about that," said Bellamy in the South Wales Echo. "I've no immediate plans at the moment. What will be, will be.
    "I don't think too far into the future. At this stage of my career I just have to take things day by day."
    Bellamy spent the 2010/11 season on loan at Cardiff and he scored 11 goals in the Championship before returning for a second spell at Liverpool last summer.


    He netted nine times in all competitions for Liverpool, but new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is prepared to let the Wales international join the list of departures from Anfield.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Iniesta would welcome Song

    Barca midfielder happy with transfer speculation
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 7:15am



    Alex Song: Linked with a move to Barcelona and Andre Iniesta is a fan of the player


    Andres Iniesta believes Alex Song would be a good addition to the Barcelona squad but is not sure whether the Arsenal midfielder will make the move to Camp Nou.


    Recent reports have suggested that Barca are interested in the Cameroon international and could make a big-money offer to the Gunners in an effort to secure his signature.
    Iniesta has been an admirer of the player for some time and is pleased to see him linked with a summer switch to the Catalan club.
    The Spaniard says Song, who has reportedly attracted the attention of a number of other clubs, is good enough to play for Barcelona.
    Prodigy

    "He's a prodigy," said Iniesta. "I don't know how many years he's been playing but he isn't a discovery from yesterday.
    "He's a good player and I've seen in a couple of publications that he could be joining our team.
    "I don't know if that would be the case but if he comes here we'll welcome him the best we can.
    "If he comes here it's because he has the ability to play here, no doubt."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Jol reveals target areas

    Cottagers boss looking for midfielders and strikers
    Last Updated: August 7, 2012 11:00pm



    Martin Jol: Hoping to bring in two or three fresh faces before the window closes


    Martin Jol admits he is looking to bolster Fulham's midfield and striking ranks before the new season gets under way.
    The Cottagers have yet to spend any money during the summer transfer window, with three free agents and a loanee drafted in so far.
    Jol is, however, hoping to bring further fresh faces into Craven Cottage.


    Much of his effort so far has been spent trying to keep key players out of the clutches of a rival, but the Dutchman is ready to run his attention back to additions.
    "If everything stays as it is I am pretty satisfied, and we are still working to get two or three players in," Jol told Sky Sports News HD.
    "It depends on what happens. You've heard all the rumours about the big players, our good players, so hopefully they will stay. We want them to stay, that is important."
    Targets

    Pressed on which areas of his squad he feels are in the most need of strengthening, Jol admits that creativity and goals figure prominently on his wish list.
    He added: "You saw Danny Murphy go. I wanted him to stay but he went to Blackburn, they offered him a two-year deal.
    "Then Dickson (Etuhu), he wanted to play games and was asking me for the last couple of months, so we had to let him go as well.


    "We need at least a midfield player, in the midfield area.

    "Up front, we lost four strikers - Orlando Sa went, Bobby Zamora, the Pog (Pavel Pogrebnyak), Andy Johnson went.
    "We have got two, (Hugo) Rodallega and (Mladen) Petric, so at least we need one or two strikers as well."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Crouch hopes for Owen arrival

    Stoke striker says move should not be considered a step down
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 7:44am



    Michael Owen: Looking for a new club and Peter Crouch says Stoke would be perfect for him


    Peter Crouch has urged Michael Owen to join an exciting project at Stoke City and says the former Manchester United striker should not think of a switch to the Britannia Stadium as a step down.


    Owen is a free agent after leaving Old Trafford earlier in the summer and has been linked with a number of clubs, including Stoke.
    Crouch believes a move to the Potters would be good for Owen after enjoying his own first year under Tony Pulis last season.
    He recognises that it is a difficult decision but insists Owen should not be put off by the fact that Stoke are not challenging at the top of the table.


    "Coming to Stoke was never a step down," Crouch told The Sun.
    "I was really happy the manager could give me games when I was in and out of the Tottenham side.
    "I'd rather play a big part in something smaller than be a small part of something bigger.
    "I know Michael has a big decision to make after leaving a club the size of Manchester United - but I had a similar decision to make last summer.
    "At Tottenham we were challenging for a Champions League place every season. We're not doing that at Stoke but we are building something worthwhile here."
    Amazing fans

    Owen has not started regularly for Manchester United over the past couple of years but Crouch is convinced that he could be successful at Stoke and says the supporters would relish the chance to see him in action.
    "If you want to play regular football and enjoy playing again, this is a great place to be," explained Crouch.
    "Michael will obviously make his own decision but a player of that calibre would be fantastic to have around the place.
    "And the fans will absolutely love him. They were amazing with me when I first signed and they're still great with me now."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Coyle scraps Sanchez deal

    Bolton boss says midfielder's demands were 'absolutely ridiculous'
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:38am



    Carlos Sanchez: Bolton Wanderers have pulled out of a deal for the Colombia international


    Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle has pulled the plug on a deal for Carlos Sanchez after describing the midfielder's revised demands as 'absolutely ridiculous'.
    Sanchez is available on a free transfer after his contract with Valenciennes expired and Bolton had been favourites to sign the Colombia international.


    Coyle had been hopeful of concluding a deal for the 26-year-old, who would help to fill the void created by Nigel Reo-Coker's departure from the Reebok Stadium.
    However, Coyle says the player's demands changed following further talks and he has now decided against adding Sanchez to his squad.
    "There was no point meeting with the player because of the demands they had put forward. They were far and away beyond our means, and I've got to say, they would be out of the reach of a lot of top six clubs as well."
    Owen Coyle Quotes of the week
    Ridiculous

    "He's a player we enquired about a couple of months ago, and in between that, I was on holiday and Phil (Gartside) did meet with his representatives," Coyle told the Bolton News.
    "At that point they thought they were close to a deal and then their demands changed.
    "Again last week I had another email to say he was coming over, and to be fair, I think he did manage to get into the country but the next email with the demands was absolutely ridiculous.


    "A couple of months ago we'd written it off anyway and they seemed to come back on and try and get us back involved.
    "There was no point meeting with the player because of the demands they had put forward. They were far and away beyond our means, and I've got to say, they would be out of the reach of a lot of top six clubs as well.
    "If I thought it was realistic then he's a good player and he's the type that would add to our squad because he's a holding midfielder and that's the kind we need at the moment.


    "He (Sanchez) is that quality but the money he was asking for surpasses even that."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Vargas happy at Fiorentina

    Winger unsure of future and linked with move to Liverpool
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:07am



    Juan Manuel Vargas: Focused on training with Fiorentina amid reports of Liverpool interest


    Juan Manuel Vargas has admitted he is unsure what the future holds for him but says he hopes to remain at Fiorentina.
    The 28-year-old winger has been linked with a summer move to Liverpool and his agent recently admitted that a move to Anfield was 'an option'.


    Vargas does not know what will happen before the transfer window closes at the end of the month but he is currently focused on training with Fiorentina.
    He insists he is happy at the Italian club, despite reports suggesting he does not figure in the plans of head coach Vincenzo Montella.
    "I don't know what my future will be," he told La Repubblica.
    "I am training with Fiorentina and hope to remain here."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Swans fail in Davies bid

    Bolton understood to have turned down 5million offer
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:35am



    Mark Davies: Understood to be the subject of a failed 5million bid from Swansea


    Sky Sports sources understand that Bolton have turned down a 5million offer for Mark Davies from Swansea.
    New Swans manager Michael Laudrup confirmed earlier in the week that he was hoping to bring in further reinforcements before the transfer window slams shut.


    Laudrup has also admitted it would be vital to sign a replacement if a regular starter leaves, amid speculation continuing to link Joe Allen with a move from Swansea to Liverpool.
    Davies has been identified as somebody who could strengthen their midfield and an approach is thought to have been made to Bolton.
    However, the Trotters are believed to have rejected the bid as they aim to hold on to Davies ahead of the new Championship season.
    Owen Coyle has made it clear that he will fight to keep his best players despite suffering relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season.


    Swansea will now have to decide whether to return with an improved proposal or turn their focus to other targets.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Sodje has Norway option

    Preston to make a decision on striker this week
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:48am



    Akpo Sodje: Former Hibernian striker is training with Preston but is also a target for Brann


    Sky Sports understands Norwegian club Brann FC are ready to make an offer for Akpo Sodje, who is currently on trial at Preston North End.
    Sodje is available on a free transfer after leaving Chinese side Tianjin Teda, having previously been released by Hibernian at the end of the January window.


    The striker numbers Charlton Athletic and Sheffield Wednesday among his former clubs, and he has spent the past couple of weeks training with Preston.
    He has featured in the League One club's recent pre-season friendlies and Preston boss Graham Westley will make a decision on Sodje this week.
    However, the 32-year-old could also have the option of a move to Norway, with Brann preparing to table an offer for the forward in the next 48 hours.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Kaboul won't be quitting Spurs

    French defender happy to remain at White Hart Lane
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 12:54pm



    Younes Kaboul: Has no desire to secure a switch elsewhere


    Younes Kaboul insists there is little chance of him heading for the exits at Tottenham, with the club ready to take on a new challenge.
    Harry Redknapp's White Hart Lane reign came to an end earlier this summer, paving the way for former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas to secure a return to English football management.


    His arrival has offered a clean slate to all of those on Spurs' books, and the squad are looking forward to making a fresh start.
    Kaboul intends to form part of those plans, as he is tied to a long-term contract.
    Reports had suggested that he could be among those looking to move on following Spurs' failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
    The France international claims to feel settled in his current surroundings, though, and admits he would be very surprised if a transfer was put in place.


    "Could missing out on the Champions League see me move? It would be very difficult for me to do so," Kaboul told L'Equipe.
    Happy

    "I have four years remaining on my contract at Tottenham and, more importantly, I am happy here, and in England.
    "There is a new challenge here and a new coach who has been working very well.
    "He has his views on how he wants us to play and considering the players we have here, I am sure it will work."


    Kaboul has also revealed that he has spoken to reported Tottenham target Hugo Lloris about a move to England.
    On the Lyon goalkeeper, he added: "I have had a phone call with Hugo Lloris. We talked about Tottenham.
    "He will make his choice. He deserves to be playing in a great league."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-08-2012

    Alves' style suits Spanish game

    Bruno's father adamant defender would fit in well
    Last Updated: August 8, 2012 2:57pm



    Bruno Alves: Interesting Spanish side Atletico Madrid


    Bruno Alves' father believes that his son would fit in well in Spain, as Atletico Madrid consider stepping up their interest in the Portuguese defender.


    The Zenit St Petersburg defender has been linked with a move to Spain and Washington Alves thinks his son would excel in the Primera Liga.
    He said: "Bruno would have no problem in going to Atletico.
    "We know that there are teams interested, but Bruno will not put any pressure on Zenit. The Russian club did well by him and we respect that.
    "Everything now comes down to an agreement between the clubs and with his agent, Jorge Mendes."
    Improved

    The centre-back, who joined Zenit in 2010 from Porto, represented Portugal at this summer's Euro 2012.
    Although Washington respects how Zenit have handled his son, he thinks a move to the Vicente Calderon would suit his 'Brazilian' style.
    "I tell him to show his Brazilian style, he has improved a lot with his use of the ball, he is very technical, strong and has a good shot." he continued.
    "Also, his experience and strength in the air means that the Spanish league is somewhere where he would fit in very well."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Football Transfer News 14-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-07-2012, 00:24:10
  2. New Latest Football Transfer News 29-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 00:18:11
  3. New Latest Football Transfer News 26-06-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-06-2012, 20:24:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •