Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 09-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 09-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 09-08-2012

Rodgers realistic about Agger

Liverpool boss claims selling defender could benefit the club
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 7:50am

Daniel Agger: Could leave Liverpool if the fee is right for the club

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has again insisted he doesn't want to lose Daniel Agger but financial realities could see him leave Anfield.
    Agger is the subject of interest from Manchester City as the Premier League champions look to strengthen their defence this season.
    While Rodgers has stressed it will require a huge sum for the club to accept a bid for the Denmark international, he acknowledged that the money could then be used elsewhere.

And in confirming City had made an enquiry, the former Swansea boss is keen to use the recent transfer of Brazilian Thiago Silva as a benchmark figure for top quality defenders.
    "Thiago Silva has left AC Milan for PSG for 40million," said Rodgers.
    "He (Agger) is one of the leading players in European football, so it is going to be a big valuation.
    "There has been contact from City, yes.
    "But it's nowhere near the valuation of what the player is worth and you can only consider something like that if it is going to benefit you.
    Benefits

"Of course you might lose a top player but if it benefits you going forward - and you can make two or three steps because of it - you may have to consider it."
    Rodgers added: "Is he a player I want to lose? No. He understands how I want to work and can play a real pivotal part in how I want to play.
    "But I am a realist. If someone comes in with a massive bid and it is in the best interests of the club, whether it is Daniel or any other player, you have to look at it.

"The reality is we don't the money that was here.
    "I don't have a bucket-load of money to go and get in a load of players. We have to be strategic."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 09-08-2012

Reds 'trigger Allen clause'

Liverpool reported to be closing in on Swansea midfielder
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 8:49am

Joe Allen: Swansea midfielder looks set to be on his way to Liverpool this summer

Liverpool have reportedly triggered a release clause in Joe Allen's contract by making a 15m bid for the Swansea midfielder.
    The 22-year-old had talks with Swans chairman Huw Jenkins on Wednesday and will meet with manager Michael Laudrup on Thursday.
    But Liverpool, under the management of ex-Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers, are confident they can proceed quickly to complete the deal.

The two clubs opened negotiations over a deal for Allen last month, but the Reds had their opening bid rejected.
    Rodgers admitted his interest in Allen last month when the Irishman said: "He is a very talented player, which everyone knows."
    Allen returned to training at Swansea on Wednesday following his involvement in the Olympic football tournament with Team GB.

Uploads

Kightly - Stoke are on the up

I wanted to play at highest level, says new arrival from Wolves
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 7:58am

Michael Kightly: Claims Stoke sold itself to him in providing Premier League chance

New signing Michael Kightly has revealed it was his desire to stay in the Premier League that fuelled his move from Wolves to Stoke.
    The 26-year-old winger ended his five-and-a-half year stay at Molineux by agreeing to join the Potters for an undisclosed fee on Wednesday.
    Stoke boss Tony Pulis has already challenged the wide-man to provide a goalscoring threat from the flanks this season and Kightly is happy to be at a club he believes are on the up.

He told the club's official website: "It's a great club, an established Premier League club, so I am delighted to be here.
    "Any footballer wants to play at the highest level and I am grateful to Stoke for giving me the chance to stay in the Premier League.
    "The club sold itself to me. What they have achieved over the past few years has been remarkable.
    "Then there are the excellent facilities and the supporters. It's definitely a club that is moving in the right direction."

Uploads

Moura sold on PSG project - agent
    Last Updated: August 9 2012, 8:18 BST

The Paris St Germain project - and the lure of the French capital - has seen Lucas Moura reject Manchester United, according to his agent.

Lucas Moura: Is reportedly sold on PSG project
    The 19-year-old Sao Paulo star looked set to join the Red Devils earlier this week only for PSG to intervene at a late stage in the talks.
    The Brazilian's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, has explained that the role of PSG sporting director Leonardo was significant in persuading Moura to move to the free-spending Ligue 1 side.

"Everything was agreed between Sao Paulo and Manchester United," Ribeiro told UOL.
    "The contract had been written (and) just needed to be signed. But then Leonardo called me and asked to talk to Lucas.
    "They talked. Leonardo was helped by the fact he is Brazilian. He was very gentle with Lucas.
    "The possibility of living in Paris - a much more pleasant city than Manchester - also influenced his decision. But it was PSG's project that impressed Lucas."

It represents a remarkable turnaround as United boss Sir Alex Ferguson appeared to have got his man, and Ribeiro has detailed his own hectic role in the negotiations.
    "I'm just a worker," he added. "I've not been able to sleep for five days here in Europe. I can't rest and I miss my son.
    "I boarded a plane at 5am in Manchester and arrived in Paris this morning to finalise everything with Leonardo.
    "But what gives me the taste of victory is that I know Lucas is happy."

Uploads

O'Neill coy on Fletcher link
    Last Updated: August 9 2012, 9:26 BST

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill has refused to comment on the club's link to Wolves striker Steven Fletcher, but admitted he does want to improve the Black Cats' goalscoring options.

Martin O'Neill: Looking to rectify a lack of goals
    Fletcher confirmed via Twitter on Wednesday that he had handed in a transfer request but relegated Wanderers are refusing to let the 25-year-old leave until their valuation is met.
    Wolves say they have already rejected bids and Sunderland could be one of the clubs to have made an offer, with O'Neill previously admitting he has made approaches for a 'number of players'.

But the Black Cats boss did not want to discuss Fletcher, who has scored 22 Premier League goals since joining Wolves in 2010, after Wednesday's pre-season friendly draw against Derby.
    O'Neill would only say to Sky Sports News: "We have certainly in pre-season found it a bit of a problem scoring goals.
    "But I think we can rectify that."

Uploads

Mourinho - Kaka can leave

Real Madrid coach open to Brazilian's departure
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 11:44am

Kaka: Real Madrid playmaker has been linked with a move back to AC Milan

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has revealed that playmaker Kaka can leave the club, but only at the right price.
    The Brazil playmaker has been strongly linked with a move back to his old club AC Milan after falling down the pecking order under Mourinho.
    Madrid are seemingly keen to sign Croatia international Luka Modric from Tottenham before the close of the summer transfer window, and Kaka is deemed surplus to requirements.

And now Mourinho has disclosed that he is open to the idea of selling the 30-year-old is a suitable offer arrives.
    "If Kaka stays I would be happy and I am happy if he wants to go. In football it is normal that the players play where they want," the Portuguese told AS.
    "He is a very good footballer and prepared to be at his maximum level. If he decides to stay, then perfect.
    "If he goes, that's perfect too but we are not going to give him away for free. Those that want him have to pay for him."

Uploads

Bednar snubs Blackpool

Czech striker believes move to Turkey will suit him
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 12:21pm

Roman Bednar: Has opted to return to Turkey instead of staying at Blackpool

Roman Bednar has signed for Turkish side Sivasspor after rejecting an offer to stay at Championship club Blackpool.
    Bednar had previously ended a four-and-a-half year stay at West Brom to join the Seasiders on a short-term deal in January.
    Ian Holloway was keen to keep the 29-year-old at Bloomfield Road but the Czech striker has opted to return to Turkey, where he spent three months on loan at Ankaragucu from the Baggies last year.

Bednar's agent Viktor Kolar has revealed that the target-man enjoyed his previous spell in Turkey and is looking to recreate the success that saw him score 30 goals in his first three seasons at the Hawthorns.
    Kolar was quoted by Czech news agency CTK as saying: "The six-month spell at Ankaraguca convinced Roman that the Turkish league suits him. He felt fine there.
    "At Sivasspor he will be aiming to equal his best seasons in the English leagues."

Uploads

Hammers strike Diarra deal

Midfielder close to completing Upton Park switch
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 11:18am

Alou Diarra: Set to move on after struggling to produce his best at Marseille

Sky Sports understands that West Ham United have agreed a deal with Marseille for France international midfielder Alou Diarra.
    The former Liverpool enforcer arrived in England on Thursday morning to undergo a medical and put the finishing touches to a move.
    It is believed that the 31-year-old will pen a two-year contract with the Hammers.
    Diarra was expected to be on the move this summer after struggling to settle at Marseille.
    Future

He only joined the club in 2011, but failed to produce his best at Stade Velodrome.
    He did make France's Euro 2012 squad, and started their first game against England, but much of his focus has been on the future.
    Diarra will be hoping that a return to England will help to bring the best out of him and allow him to prove to those at Anfield that they were wrong to let him go without making a senior appearance.
    His career took off after leaving Anfield, with spells at Lens, Lyon and Bordeaux seeing him pick up two French titles and two Coupe de la Ligue successes.

Uploads

Roma clarify De Rossi future

Midfielder is irreplaceable, admits Giallorossi sporting director
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 3:41pm

Daniele De Rossi: Roma sporting director claims it would take an obscene offer for him to leave the club

Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has backtracked over comments appearing to suggest Daniele De Rossi is for sale.
    De Rossi is reportedly a target for Manchester City this summer as the Premier League champions look to strengthen their squad ahead of the new season.
    City boss Roberto Mancini may have been encouraged by comments from Sabatini that indicated he would consider bids for the 29-year-old Italy international.

But the Roma chief has been forced to clarify his comments to appease angry supporters who regard De Rossi - a one-club man - as second only to Francesco Totti in their affections.
    Sabatini told a press conference: "I never said that De Rossi is not unsellable, I just made a general consideration regarding the whole of football.
    "If a monstrous bid materialized we would evaluate it, but we are not looking for buyers for Daniele because he is a pillar of our team.
    "For us he is a player of extraordinary importance and not replaceable, so it would be too difficult to do a deal even if there was an indecent proposal.

"We have not set a price for De Rossi. Fiorentina ask 30million (23.5m) for (Stefan) Jovetic? The figure for Daniele is higher than that."

Uploads

Martinez wants Bayern move

Spanish midfielder keen to link up with German giants
    Last Updated: August 9, 2012 4:42pm

Javi Martinez: Would welcome a summer switch to Bayern Munich

The agent of Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez claims his client has expressed a desire to secure a summer switch to Bayern Munich.
    The Bundesliga giants have been linked with the Spain international for some time, but have yet to put a deal in place.
    Martinez's buy-out clause appears to be the sticking point at present, with a predetermined fee set at 31.5m.

Bayern are reluctant to meet that valuation and have been unable to reach a compromise.
    Bilbao are understandably keen to hold out for the best possible price, as Martinez is under contract until 2016.
    Player power could win the day, though, with the highly-rated 23-year-old making it clear that he wishes to link up with 2012 UEFA Champions League finalists Bayern.
    Interest

"Javi wants to join Bayern," Martinez's representative Ersin Akan told Sport 1.
    "It's also a fact that Bayern still want him."
    Bayern director of sport Matthias Sammer claims the club are no closer to reaching an agreement for the World Cup winner.
    "The move for Javi Martinez is not a must-do situation," he said.
    "It is more of a could-happen situation. We will have to see if the transfer happens."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast