Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 11-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 11-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 11-08-2012

Liverpool sign Joe Allen

The lure of working with Brendan Rodgers again was too much for Joe Allen to resist.

Joe Allen: Has completed Liverpool move
    Allen completed his move from Swansea on Friday evening, signing a long-term contract with the Merseyside giants.
    The 22-year-old was at Anfield to watch Thursday night's Europa League win over FC Gomel and see at first hand the effect Rodgers has already had since he replaced Kenny Dalglish.
    And having worked with the Northern Irishman in South Wales, he cannot wait to get started.
    "To join back up with him was definitely a big pull for me," Allen told www.liverpoolfc.com.

"Brendan is so passionate about his football. He works day in, day out to improve the team and everyone individually.
    "Everyone wants to work alongside someone who has that way about them.
    "One of his best things is his man management. He commands the respect of everyone.
    "I have a lot of faith that Brendan can bring success.
    "I wanted to be part of this project and I've really got a good feeling this football club is going to go from strength to strength in the next couple of seasons."

The move completes a remarkable rise for Allen, who joined the Swansea academy as a nine-year-old.
    Allen was part of Swansea's surge to the Premier League from League One, winning international honours at all levels along the way.
    He was one of the inspirations behind the club's return to the top flight, which earned him selection to the Great Britain Olympic squad.
    Asked if he would have believed five years ago that this day would come, Allen replied: "No, probably not.
    "It was hard to believe at first and very flattering to be linked to a top club like this. It shows you're doing something right, I guess.
    "I've always been ambitious and wanting to get to the top but getting there is a completely different thing. It's definitely hard to believe. It's been a quick rise for me."

Allen becomes Rodgers' second signing following the arrival of another former Swansea player, Fabio Borini, who scored the opener on Thursday.
    And he believes that grounding in the lower league will help him in the months that lie ahead.
    "If you look at the amount of games I've played for someone my age, that would probably only happen at a team that's come through the leagues," he said.
    "That experience has been vital for me.
    "I blossomed and improved because of that and I wouldn't change it for the world.
    "I feel proud. I am really thrilled and looking forward to my time here."

Joe Allen factfile
    1990: Born on March 14 in Carmarthen.
    2007: January 6 - Having been with Swansea since the age of nine, appears as an unused substitute in the FA Cup tie against then-Premier League side Sheffield United.
    January 15 - Handed his Swans debut in the FAW Premier Cup away tie to Welsh Premier League outfit Port Talbot Town.
    May 5 - Makes his first league appearance in the final game of the season in the 6-3 defeat to Blackpool.
    August 14 - Named man of the match in his first start for Swansea in the Carling Cup win over Walsall.
    August 16 - Commits his future to Swansea by signing a three-year deal.
    August 21 - Scores the winner on his debut for Wales Under-21s, who defeat Sweden 4-3.
    2008: April - Plays his part in the Swansea youth side that triumphed in the FAW Welsh Youth Cup against Cardiff.
    October - Joins Wrexham on a one-month loan deal and scores on his debut against York before his stay is cut short by an ankle ligament injury, which sidelines him for a month.
    2009: April - Forces his way into Swansea's first team and scores his first goal for them against fierce rivals Cardiff.
    May 29 - Makes his senior Wales debut in a substitute appearance against Estonia in Llanelli's Parc y Scarlets.
    June - Named the club's young player of the year and signs a contract extension, keeping him at the club until 2012.
    2010: Makes 21 league appearances in an injury-plagued 2009/10 season as Swansea narrowly miss out on promotion.
    October - Puts in a man of the match performance as Swansea win the South Wales derby against Cardiff.
    2011: May - Plays 43 matches in the Championship and also starts the play-off final win over Reading at Wembley as Swansea are promoted to the Premier League.
    August - Signs a new four-year deal, tying him to the club until 2015.
    October - Makes his first start for Wales in the 2-0 UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying Group G victory against Switzerland at the Liberty Stadium.
    2012: May - Finishes the season as one of Swansea's key performers, scoring four goals in 36 appearances and is once again named as the club's Young Player of the Year.
    July 2 - Selected as one of five Welsh players to be a part of Team GB's Olympics squad.
    July 19 - Former Swansea and new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers affirms his interest in Allen, saying: "He is a very talented player, which everyone knows."
    July 26 - Organisers are forced to apologise after Allen is described in a matchday programme as English.
    August 4 - Is an ever-present in Stuart Pearce's line-up as Team GB are eliminated at the quarter-final stage of the Olympics after losing on penalties to South Korea.
    August 10 - Liverpool announce signing of Allen.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 11-08-2012

Cardiff sign Craig Bellamy

Craig Bellamy has rejoined home-town club Cardiff, signing a two-year contract with the Bluebirds.

Craig Bellamy: Returns to home-town club
    Striker Bellamy scored 11 goals in 36 appearances during a season-long loan at Cardiff from Manchester City in 2010-11, helping City reach the npower Championship play-off semi-finals where they lost out to Reading.
    Bellamy returned to Liverpool last season but made no secret of his desire to be closer to his family as he approaches the end of his career, and Cardiff confirmed the news of his return this afternoon on their official website.

Uploads

Potters close in on Popov

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is hoping to tie up a move for Dynamo Kiev full-back Goran Popov early next week.

Goran Popov: Set for Stoke move
    The 27-year-old Macedonian is expected to join Stoke on a season-long loan deal, before joining up with his national squad.
    Popov caught the eye of Pulis during last season's Europa League match between the sides.
    The manager told his club's official website, www.stokecityfc.com: "Goran really impressed me last season.
    "He's an experienced player for his age and he has a great left foot on him."

Uploads

English interest in Irish ace

Premier League clubs among those interested in winger

Sky Sports
    understands that several English clubs have been sending over their top scouts to assess the progress of Irish teenager Christopher Forrester, including several from the Premier League.

The 19-year-old St Patrick's Athletic winger has become an internet sensation after scoring a catalogue of spectacular goals, including two against Shamrock Rovers in April.
    Forrester only joined St Patrick's in January from rivals Bohemians, where he won Young Player of the Year last season.
    With interest building in the highly-rated youngster, the Irish club fear they may struggle to hold onto their prized asset.

Uploads

City spurn Balotelli approaches

Italian striker staying put
    Last Updated: August 11, 2012 11:31am

Mario Balotelli: Attracted interest following Euro 2012

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has confirmed the club have turned down a number of approaches for Mario Balotelli.
    The 20-year-old international has an outstanding Euro 2012, finishing with three goals and helping Italy to the final.
    Mancini has revealed up to five teams have made enquiries, but all have been told he is not available.

"There were four or five teams. Not just from Italy also from France," said Mancini.
    "Many important teams wanted him but he's a top player and I never thought about saying yes to any of them."
    Development

Mancini was delighted with his striking starlet played for Italy this summer, and feels it will help his development.
    "I hope he develops and he had a fantastic Euros but I don't think he can change his behaviour because he played very well," he said.
    "It can help him because he may understand that he has all this quality, it's important for him to improve his behaviour around football.
    "I hope the Euros can help him with that."

Uploads

Jarvis asks for move

Wolves winger hands in transfer request
    Last Updated: August 11, 2012 11:54am

Matt Jarvis: Wolves winger has handed in transfer request as he looks to return to Premier League

Sky Sports understands that Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Matt Jarvis has handed in a transfer request at Molineux.
    The 26-year-old has become the second player this week to officially make a request to leave, following on from Sunderland target Steven Fletcher.

Jarvis has been the subject of rejected bids from West Ham, whilst Stoke and Fulham have also been linked with his services.
    Now the Middlesbrough-born winger has made his position clear and he wants to be back in the Premier League next season.
    Jarvis has one eye on his international prospects, having already gained one England cap last year.

Uploads

Feyenoord bring in Mathijsen

Dutch defender looking forward to challenge after Malaga move
    Last Updated: August 11, 2012 4:12pm

Joris Mathijsen: Arrives at Feyenoord on a three-year deal after leaving Malaga

Joris Mathijsen has insisted he did not hesitate to make the move from Malaga to Feyenoord after the Dutch club confirmed his signing on a three-year deal.

Malaga have sold a number of key players, including Santi Cazorla and Salomon Rondon, to ease their financial situation and Mathijsen has now become the latest through the exit door.
    Feyenood have also seen some of their senior figures leave this summer and are delighted to secure the signature of the 32-year-old centre-back.

Technical director Martin van Geel told the club's official website: 'We have a squad that is bursting with talent, but after the departures of players like Ron Vlaar and Karim El Ahmadi we clearly needed a very experienced player, who could bring calmness, confidence and leadership in important moments on the pitch and in the dressing room.
    "With Joris we have signed such a player and one we - the staff and the board - are very content with."
    Fantastic

Mathijsen is also thrilled with the deal after watching Feyenoord with interest from afar last season.
    "I am very happy it has been worked out," said the Holland international.
    "After the first meeting with Martin van Geel I said without any hesitation I really wanted to join Feyenoord.
    "Last year I thought it was fantastic what happened at Feyenoord and the possibility to play a part in that is really good."

Uploads

Porto remain firm over Hulk

President wants release clause for captain
    Last Updated: August 11, 2012 4:21pm

Hulk: Brazil international looks set to stay with Porto

Porto president Pinto da Costa insists he has not spoken to Hulk's agent about his future, reiterating he will not be allowed to leave for less than his release clause.
    A host of clubs have been linked with the Porto captain, with Chelsea, Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and most recently Zenit St Petersburg all said to be interested.

But da Costa remains defiant and is calm about Hulk's future at the club, insisting he will only sanction his exit if a club is willing to pay his release clause, which stands at a massive 100million.
    "I didn't meet Hulk's agent. Hulk is a player with a buyout fee and if any club want him, they just need to pay that, they don't need to come here," said da Costa.

"Hulk will only leave if it interests both Porto and the player. But so far nothing happened to make me think we'll reach that point.
    "Therefore, I expect that for this season Hulk will remain a Porto player."
    Question mark

Hulk's agent Teodoro Fonseca told Radio Renascenca that you can never rule out a move.
    "Hulk has a contract, he likes FC Porto, but at the moment everything has a question mark," he said.
    "We sometimes want a player to stay, but the conditions aren't the best. Sometimes clubs have to give up a right, a player, or a person to keep their structure. People come and go, but the clubs stay.
    "Everything is possible in the world of football."

Uploads

Labyad saga ends

Moroccan joins Sporting Lisbon after contract mix-up
    Last Updated: August 11, 2012 6:41pm

Zakaria Labyad: Can now call himself a Sporting Lisbon player after contract wrangle

Zakaria Labyad has finally completed his move to Sporting Lisbon after the Portuguese club agreed compensation with PSV Eindhoven.
    Confusion surrounded the player's transfer as Sporting had already held a press conference announcing the signing of the 19-year-old Morocco international.

Labyad believed he could leave PSV on a Bosman free transfer following the completion of his three-year deal at the Philips Stadium.
    But the youngster had not officially informed PSV who instead took up the option to extend his deal and therefore entitle the Eredivisie club to compensation.
    The saga has now come to an end after Sporting agreed to pay for the midfielder's services.

A statement on PSV's official website read: "PSV and Sporting have come to a full agreement about the transfer of Zakaria Labyad who played for the youth academy of PSV since 2004-05.
    "The contract with the player has been terminated. The path is clear for Labyad to play for Sporting.
    "PSV received financial compensation which can be increased due to good performances for the club or a possible transfer of the player."

Uploads

N'Koulou staying at Marseille

Defender linked with Arsenal but happy in France
    Last Updated: August 11, 2012 6:03pm

Nicolas N'Koulou: Committed to Marseille despite being flattered by speculation

Nicolas N'Koulou has admitted it is flattering to be linked to other clubs but says he is committed to Marseille and relishing the challenge ahead this season.

The 22-year-old defender has reportedly been a target for Arsenal this summer, while Barcelona and AC Milan have also been credited with an interest.
    N'Koulou is happy to attract such attention but has made it clear that he has no intention of leaving Marseille.
    Paris St Germain are the favourites to win the Ligue 1 title this season after a busy summer in the transfer market but N'Koulou is looking forward to doing battle with them.

He said: "When you are a player and you are being connected with all the big clubs in the world it is flattering, but you should not lose your head. You need to work harder and have the appetite to improve yourself.
    "I love Marseille and am happy to play for the biggest club in this country.
    "The challenge we face today with the big spenders like PSG is fascinating.
    "I am staying to test myself against the Ibrahimovics of this world."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast