Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 13-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 13-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 13-08-2012

Wenger reiterates RVP stance

Arsenal manager insists nothing has changed on Dutchman
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 7:39am

Robin van Persie: Was booed on Sunday

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger maintains he wants to keep Robin van Persie, insisting there is no update on his future.
    Van Persie has been pursued by Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus this summer but none have been able to agree terms with Arsenal.

The Dutchman, who is still officially Arsenal captain, revealed earlier this summer that he would not be extending his contract, which has just 12 months to run.
    Van Persie played his first pre-season game on Sunday as he came on as a substitute in their 4-0 win at Cologne but he was booed by sections of the Arsenal support.
    No news

Despite this, Wenger insists his stance has not changed, saying: "There's no news on Van Persie.
    "Our fans want him to stay so you can understand they are excited.
    "Anything I could say about Van Persie would be a lie because he's our player and that's it.
    "Robin scored 30 goals last season and you want to keep your best player.
    "He was player of the year in England. We want to keep him. I cannot tell you more at the moment because I don't know more."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 13-08-2012

Wolves hope to sign Geromel

Solbakken keen to bring in defender; Berra booed at Molineux
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 9:28am

Pedro Geromel: Defender is a target for Wolves boss Stale Solbakken

Wolves boss Stale Solbakken has confirmed he intends to raid former club Cologne again for defender Pedro Geromel.
    Solbakken has already brought winger Slawomir Peszko to Molineux on loan from the German outfit but is now eyeing an ambitious attempt to convince Geromel to join him.

The 26-year-old Brazilian centre-back was made captain at Cologne by the Norwegian but has since found himself surplus to requirements as the club seek to cut costs following relegation.
    A fee of 3million has been mentioned for the former Vitoria Guimaraes man with Spanish sides Sevilla and Celta Vigo among the favourites to secure his signature.

But with both Primera Liga teams struggling to find the funds for the deal, the Wolves boss believes a move could be possible.
    "We are also to talk to Cologne about Pedro, of course," Solbakken told Cologne-based tabloid Express.
    "Those clubs from Spain are having financial troubles. Maybe it's a chance for us to step up and do it."
    Boos for Berra

Wolves are keen to add a defender with Christophe Berra having asked for a transfer away from the Championship club.
    That resulted in the Scot being booed by Wolves fans during his warm-up against Aldershot on Saturday and again when he came on as a substitute in extra-time.

But Solbakken is relaxed about that situation and feels it would not be a problem if Berra stays.
    "That's what happens in football," he said.
    "If Christophe stays here after the transfer deadline and fights for the cause of the club I am sure that will be okay."

Uploads

M'Vila calm over future

Spurs strongly linked with midfielder
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 8:52am

Yann M'Vila: Calm over future

Yann M'Vila insists that he will remain 100 per cent committed to Rennes, if he does not get the move he wants in the next few weeks.
    Rennes revealed on Sunday that they had received a concrete proposal from England, but reports suggest that it is from Tottenham and not long-time suitors Arsenal.

M'Vila remains calm about his future, insisting he would happily remain at Rennes if the move he wants does not come to fruition.
    "For now, I'm here and I'm not complaining," he told Sport24.
    "I am available to the coach and I give my best as always.

"In France we have until September 4th [when transfer window closes].
    "If I have to stay with Rennes for another year, I'll stay - if I go, that is life - but whilst I am here, I am 100 per cent focused."

Uploads

Mowbray wants more up front

Boro boss eyes a physical presence
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 9:30am

Tony Mowbray: Middlesbrough manager wants striker

Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray admits he wants to add a 'physical' presence up front.
    Lukas Jutkiewicz will miss the start of the season with an ankle injury, which limits Mowbray's options to Marvin Emnes, youngsters Curtis Main and Luke Williams, and out-of-favour Scott McDonald.
    Emmanuel Ledesma played behind Emnes in their opening game of the season at the weekend against Bury, with both scoring in a 2-1 win but Mowbray wants to add more depth.

Former Stoke City man Ricardo Fuller and Nottingham Forest striker Ishmael Miller are on Mowbray's list of targets as he looks to further add to his squad ahead of the new season.
    "There's lots of factors, it's whether we can do certain things," he said.
    "I would look at the options up front and say we need more experience and physicality. In two or three weeks Lukas Jutkiewicz (ankle injury) could be back, but we look a little light up there."
    McDonald

McDonald was left out of the squad on Saturday, and Mowbray has never hidden the fact he would like to move the Aussie on as he is currently the club's highest-paid player.
    But he insisted there was nothing to be read into his exclusion, saying: "There's no situation with Scott. I wanted to get Ledesma going as he's had a big step up and he got himself a goal.

"Luke Williams looked exciting in the last 20 minutes. Scott just has to get his head down and work hard."
    Mowbray also confirmed he wanted to sign a midfielder, with Boro one of a number of clubs competing for Chelsea youngster Josh McEachran.
    "We are also looking at more options in midfield. We are all looking at being successful," he said.
    "Like any manager I want as many good players as we can get. We will keep searching for the next week or two."

Uploads

Juve in Llorente talks

Italians working on deal to land Spanish star
    Last Updated: August 12, 2012 10:35pm

Fernando Llorente: Being targeted for a move to Juventus

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has revealed they are in talks to sign to Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente.
    Italian champions Juventus are keen to bolster their attacking options ahead of the new season and have been linked with Arsenal's Robin van Persie and Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

However, it appears they are close to striking a deal for Spanish international Llorente, who is entering the final year of his contract at Bilbao.
    The 27-year-old, who has been chased by a host of clubs across Europe, has so far refused to sign a new contract at San Mames and Juve are hoping to persuade Bilbao to do a deal.

Marotta has admitted negotiations are ongoing with Bilbao, but a deal is not easy as Bilbao do not want to lose their star striker.

"We are negotiating to bring Llorente here, but it's not an easy process because Athletic don't want to sell him," Marotta told Tuttosport.
    Llorente has a near 30million release clause in his contract, but Juve are hoping to land giant forward for a lower fee.

Uploads

Tykes target striker deal

Hill keen to bolster attacking options
    Last Updated: August 12, 2012 10:43pm

Marlon Harewood: A target for Barnsley

Sky Sports understands Barnsley are eyeing a move for former Nottingham Forest striker Marlon Harewood.
    Harewood is available on a free transfer after leaving Nottingham Forest at the end of last season.
    The 32-year-old saw his second spell at Forest blighted by injury, but Harewood is now thought to have recovered from his problems.

Harewood linked up with Sheffield Wednesday for pre-season training, but now Yorkshire rivals Barnsley are ready to make a move for the striker.
    Tykes boss Keith Hill is keen to bolster his attacking options and he is contemplating a move for Harewood.
    Hill is in the market for striking reinforcements having lost summer signing Mido to injury and Harewood fits the bill with the former West Ham and Aston Villa man available on a free transfer.

Uploads

Bullard makes Ipswich exit

Jewell could not guarantee midfielder regular football
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 12:11pm

Jimmy Bullard: Grateful to Ipswich and wishes the club all the best in the future

Ipswich Town have confirmed they have parted company with midfielder Jimmy Bullard by mutual consent.
    Bullard has been at Portman Road for the past 18 months, having initially joined on loan from Hull City before making the move permanent a year ago.

He made a strong start to his time with Ipswich but was not able to keep a place in the starting line-up last season and made just six substitute appearances during the second half of the campaign.
    The 33-year-old has now moved on in search of a new challenge following talks with manager Paul Jewell, who has paid a glowing tribute to the player.
    "I've known Jimmy for a long time. He's a top lad but he wants to play regular first-team football and I can't guarantee him that here," Jewell told the club's official website.

"We sat down and had a straightforward chat and I explained to him that I've got to look to the future and that he was down the pecking order in terms of a starting place.
    "Jimmy loves playing football and at his age, he needs to be playing so all parties agreed that it was best if he moved on.
    "He's a great character to have around the place and I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in him. We wish him all the best for the future."
    Bullard thanks

Bullard also expressed his gratitude to Ipswich after recognising that he would have to go elsewhere to play as regularly as he would like.
    "I want to thank Paul Jewell for giving me the opportunity to play for such a fantastic football club as Ipswich Town," he said.
    "I didn't play as much football as I would have liked last season and I need to be out there on the park on a Saturday afternoon, not sitting in the stands.

"I feel as fit as I've ever done and knowing that my opportunities were going to be limited at Ipswich, it's best that I move on.
    "I'll miss the lads in the dressing-room. They are a great bunch and I was lucky enough to enjoy a great relationship with the supporters at Ipswich as well, which meant a lot to me. I wish the club the best of luck."

Uploads

Goltz dreaming of Betis move

Lanus centre-back anxious to leave Argentina to take on Messi
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 12:12pm

Lanus defender Paolo Goltz (right) is hoping for Betis switch

Argentina international defender Paolo Goltz is hoping to secure a move to Spanish club Real Betis this summer.
    The 27-year-old plays for Lanus in his homeland but is desperate to take what he fears could be his last chance to move to Europe.
    Betis have offered to take the centre-back on loan with a view to a permanent deal but Lanus president Nicolas Russo is holding out for a 3million (2.4m) transfer.

"It is clear that Lanus want to sell me," said Goltz.
    "It would be very nice to go to Europe. I am not a child. I am already 27 years old.
    "I am comfortable at Lanus but I think that it's the perfect moment to take an important step forward in my career.
    "It's a dream that I have when I think about the chance of playing against (Lionel) Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. I would play the match of my life if I can mark them."

Uploads

Agger wants Reds stay

But defender concedes club will decide his future
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 7:16pm

Daniel Agger: Happy to stay at Liverpool, but admits situation is out of his hands

Daniel Agger has admitted he would like to stay at Liverpool, but admits the situation is out of his hands.
    Manchester City and Barcelona are chasing Agger with Premier League champions City believed to have seen two bids already rejected for the classy central defender.

City are thought to be readying a third bid for Agger with Roberto Mancini keen to bring in the defender before the close of the transfer window.
    It has been suggested Liverpool could be prepared to sell Agger for the right price as they could use the funds to strengthen the squad elsewhere.
    Agger, who is away on international duty with Denmark for Wednesday's friendly with Slovenia, claims he is unaware of interest in his services and hopes he can stay at Anfield.

"No, I haven't heard anything, Agger told Ekstra Bladet when asked about his future.
    "That is how the club wants to do it. I would prefer to stay.
    "I can't imagine playing for other clubs in England. But, you never know if the club prefers to sell me."
    Tattoo

Agger has recently had a new tattoo with the initials of the famous Liverpool song 'You'll Never Walk Alone' on his knuckles and the 27-year-old insists the artwork has nothing to do with his current situation.
    "It has nothing to do with my current situation," added Agger. "It is a gesture towards the Kop, towards Liverpool and towards the people around the club."

Uploads

Krul keen on Anita arrival

Keeper hopes to see Ajax ace join him on Tyneside
    Last Updated: August 13, 2012 9:03pm

Tim Krul: Hoping to see Newcastle complete the signing of Vurnon Anita

Tim Krul believes fellow Dutchman Vurnon Anita would be a welcome addition to the Newcastle side.
    Newcastle are thought to be closing in on a deal for the Ajax midfielder with the Magpies agreeing a fee with the Dutch giants for the player.
    Krul is a big admirer of Anita and feels he would be a success in the Premier League with Newcastle.

Tim Krul sees Vurnon Anita as a welcome addition for Newcastle United, the goalkeeper told to Dutch sport magazine NuSport.
    "Anita is definately capable for the Premier League," Krul told Dutch sport magazine NuSport. "I have already played with him back at Dutch U-15 and he is tough enough in the duels.
    "I understand Anita has to agree on personal terms. We surely can use a player who can be used in multiple positions."
    International aims

Krul is currently away on international duty with Holland and he is relishing working under coach Louis van Gaal and hopes to win the battle for No.1 spot with Maarten Stekelenburg and Michel Vorm.
    "It's always good to be confronted with new faces," added Krul.
    "Working with a well-known goalkeeping coach as Frank Hoek will be very special for me. That is a fantastic name.
    "We again start on zero. That counts for all the goalkeepers. I just have to show what I am capable of."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast