Thread: really need help plz..........

Uploads

really need help plz..........

hi guys

i've got a vu+ duo and motorised dish (85 cm)
    i can get 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e
    but really struggling to catch 16e and 0.8w

been thru all transponders and cannot get a signal anywhere

any help guys would be appreciated

been at this for 5 days now and beginning to do my head in a bit lol

my co- ordinates
    55.6 n
    -4.7 w

Re: really need help plz..........

Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    hi guys

i've got a vu+ duo and motorised dish (85 cm)
    i can get 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e
    but really struggling to catch 16e and 0.8w

been thru all transponders and cannot get a signal anywhere

any help guys would be appreciated

been at this for 5 days now and beginning to do my head in a bit lol

my co- ordinates
    55.6 n
    -4.7 w
    Hi. A couple of points which may help you.
    1) Make sure you are using USALS to move the dish. USALS is the automatic satellite search function. If using Diseqc 1.2 then you will need to manually search for satellites
    and then storing the positions. It is always best to use USALS . You need to check in motor menu to check if you are using USALS or 1.2.
    2) Always make sure you have valid TP's(frequencies) for the satellites otherwise you will not find any signals. I have listed some TP's to help you.
    3) If you get 28.2, 19.2 and 13 east then you are not too far away from the others. It just a question of adjusting the dish slightly up and adjusting the angles.
    4) To get the west satellites try the following:
    a) send dish to 28.2 east. Check signal strength is high. Check channels working ok.
    b) send dish to Hotbird 13 east. Note which way dish is moving from 28.2( it should be moving to the right as it heads west). Check channels on Hbird arew orkin.
    c) send dish to THOR at 0.8 west. Some receivers like my TM5400 SUPER have this satellite as 1 west.
    d) At 1 west make sure you have the following two TP's in your list: 11861H s/r 28000 BBC WORLD NEWS. 11247V s/r 24500 BTV-1. Channel BTV-1 is a test channel for
    the Thor satellite. Select either channel if you have them. If you dont have them select a FTA channel that you know has a valid TP or enter the TP'
    s manually.

e) When you have selected the channel and it says NO SIGNAL then loosen the dish and move it up slightly and turn it left or right until you get a picture. You may need
    to do this several times until you get a picture. When you get a picture tighten the dish up and check the other channels. At this point i would do a blind scan to see
    how many Tp's you find.

f) When you are happy with THOR satellite then send it to 28.2east(FREESAT) and see if you get a signal.

g) Remember if you dont get a signal try to adjust the dish slightly. Also check the angles behind the dish as they may need adjusting as well.

Hope this helps you

Regards.

Uploads

Re: really need help plz..........

85cm is a bit small dish to get the proper signal from those sats....... especially 16e ..... after Eutelsat16 physically broke down few years ago it is broadcasting with much less db..... I never tried to catch those sat's with 85cm..... probably it is possible to get some transponders....but with some just no chance with 85cm.... same applies to thor - only some transporders
    use disec 1.2 - not usals.......
    if you use USALS your rotor and dish has to be PERFECTLY allined..... but I never seen perfectly aligned dish (well except of mine :) lol )