Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Henriquez set for United

    Chilean teenager to become latest striker arrival at Old Trafford


    Angelo Henriquez: Universidad de Chile forward to join Manchester United this month


    Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez is to join Manchester United by the end of the month, according to his club.
    The 18-year-old is due to sign for a reported 3.5million after undergoing a medical at Old Trafford.
    His team, Universidad de Chile, released a statement which read: "Angelo Henriquez will join Manchester United this month.


    "The player is physically and mentally prepared to take this determining step in his career."
    Universidad president Jose Yuraszcek said: "Manchester United's representatives told us that it was fundamental for them to take him now."
    Henriquez made his Chilean league debut this year, scoring 10 goals in 15 games, adding another four in the Libertadores Cup.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Mirallas set for Everton

    Moyes to splash Rodwell cash on Belgian forward


    Kevin Mirallas: Believed to be having a medical at Goodison Park at the weekend


    Sky Sports sources understand Kevin Mirallas is to have a medical at Everton this weekend ahead of a 6million move from Olympiakos.
    Mirallas is also believed to have been the subject of interest from Arsenal but the Belgium international told Sky Sports News earlier in the week that he felt the Toffees would be a better fit.


    And the 24-year-old looks set to compete the formalities of a deal taking him to Goodison Park over the weekend.
    Finances at Everton are tight but David Moyes has some money to spend following the sale of Jack Rodwell to Manchester City.
    The forward has experience in Ligue 1 with Lille and St Etienne but has spent the past two years in Greece with Olympiakos, scoring 20 league goals for the club last season.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Enckelman joins Hearts

    Veteran in until January to relieve goalkeeper problems


    Peter Enckelman: Very happy to join Hearts at short notice


    Hearts have solved their short-term goalkeeping crisis by signing the experienced Peter Enckelman.
    The 35-year-old Finn, who was a free agent after departing St Johnstone in the summer, has signed until January.
    Hearts this week lost back-up goalkeeper Mark Ridgers for at least three months after he suffered knee ligament damage while playing for Scotland Under-21s.


    First-choice keeper Jamie MacDonald's partner was due to give birth a week ago, which left Scotland Under-19 international Jack Hamilton on stand-by for the clash with Inverness on Saturday.
    Enckelman told Hearts official website: "I'm really excited to be back involved and coming to a club like Hearts is great.
    "The first time I even heard about this was less than 48 hours ago.
    "There were some contract talks and it has been resolved so I'm very happy."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Robinson's Toronto talks stall

    Experienced full-back in search for new club
    Last Updated: August 18, 2012 1:40pm



    Paul Robinson: Back in the UK after failing to agree terms with Toronto FC


    Sky Sports understands Paul Robinson's talks with Toronto FC have stalled and the defender is now back in the UK in search of a new club.
    The experienced full-back had been in discussion over a move to the MLS but after weighing up his options, the full-back has decided against the move.


    The 33-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Championship club Leeds United was released by his club Bolton following their relegation from the top flight.
    Both Burnley and Millwall are known to be interested in the out of contract player who has been desperate to get a fresh start.
    And with the new season getting underway this weekend, Robinson is understood to be keen to find a new club as quickly as possible.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Honda no longer keen on Lazio

    Midfielder's interest in joining Italian club has cooled
    Last Updated: August 18, 2012 1:06pm



    Keisuke Honda: No longer targeting a move to Lazio


    CSKA Moscow midfielder Keisuke Honda says he is no longer interested in joining Serie A club Lazio and would turn down any approach.
    The Japan international was close to joining the Biancocelesti in January but the transfer collapsed.
    Honda now claims he no longer wants to sign for the Italian side, even if they come knocking before the end of the transfer window.


    "Right now I can't say anything about a transfer. But in considering what I want in my future, the image I had at 20 is different from the one I have at 26. My end goal hasn't changed. All I can say is that even if Lazio approached me, I wouldn't go," said Honda.
    "Back then [during the January transfer window], Lazio had a shot at qualifying for the Champions League. But they did not get there.
    "In the first half of the year I was 25, now I'm 26. A lot changes in half a year."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Bologna deny Ramirez deal

    Italians unhappy with player and Southampton over move
    Last Updated: August 18, 2012 12:06pm



    Gaston Ramirez: Bologna claim they have yet to agree a deal with Southampton for the Uruguayan


    Southampton's ambitious move for Bologna ace Gaston Ramirez is in danger of collapse, with the Italian club not happy with the offer on the table.
    Ramirez had claimed he was on the verge of joining Premier League new-boys the Saints, with just a few minor details to be resolved.
    However, Bologna president Albano Guaraldi has hit out at the winger and insists they will not be forced into selling him for a fee lower than 20million (15.8m).


    "The situation is much more complicated than he thinks," Guaraldi told Sky Italia. "It's not just about figures, but seeing what is included and what isn't.
    "The offer we received has not been considered suitable. His agent has already reached an agreement with the English club, but we haven't. Now the situation is static, we made our demands and will see what happens.
    "I don't understand why Gaston said those things. I won't even get into the behaviour of his agent."
    Firm

    Guaraldi is adamant that Bologna will stand firm despite Ramirez pushing for a move to St Mary's.
    Bologna remain adamant they will not release Ramirez for less than 20m.
    "We spoke to the top Italian clubs about Gaston, but I have always been clear: I'd let him go only for a suitable offer, which so far has not arrived. I maintained my consistency and refused the bid," added Guaraldi.


    "I am irritated because one of my players spoke as if he were already at another club, when there still isn't any agreement.
    "I can understand his desire to make the move, but I do not share his timing and methods. All negotiations can collapse, which is why I consider the player's attitude to be premature.
    "The club cannot be forced to follow the rules of players and agents."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    AVB rules out M'Vila deal

    Spurs boss looking to replace Real Madrid bound Luka Modric
    Last Updated: August 18, 2012 1:12pm



    Andre Villas-Boas: The Spurs boss is aiming to sign a more creative player


    Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has ruled out signing midfielder Yann M'Vila from French club Rennes.
    Although there have been no concrete offers for the 22-year-old defensive midfielder, general manager Pierre Dreossi has stated that the Ligue 1 club would be willing to let M'Vila leave only if they bring in a player to fill his position.
    That player is thought to be Aston Villa anchorman Jean Makoun, but the Rennes hierarchy seem unwilling to push the deal through until M'Vila's future is sorted out first.


    "There will be no new arrivals as long as there will be any departures," Dreossi told the French media.
    M'Vila has become one of Europe's hottest properties having shone for France during this summer's European Championships.
    He could be made available for a fee in the region of 15million, but rather surprisingly few clubs have registered an interest in the combative midfield star.


    Villas-Boas confessed he was keen to sign him some weeks ago, but is now looking to replace the Real Madrid-bound Luka Modric instead.
    The Portuguese boss told L'Equipe: "He is an interesting player, but I don't think he will join Tottenham. He is a rather defensive player, but I don't think he will join Tottenham.
    "He is a rather defensive player. We are looking for a more creative player. I won't lie. There was an interest from us in that player, but now we are looking at different options."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Martinez - Moses won't go cheap

    Latics stand firm over Blues target
    Last Updated: August 18, 2012 11:46am



    Victor Moses: Being targeted by Chelsea this summer


    Roberto Martinez insists Wigan would rather lose Chelsea target Victor Moses on a free transfer next summer than let him go at a cut price.
    The European champions are interested in signing the forward and Latics chairman Dave Whelan has admitted he would be prepared to sell, but only if his valuation of around 9million is met.
    Moses, who joined the Latics from Crystal Palace for 2.5m in January 2010, is set to face the Blues in Sunday's Premier League opener.
    Standing firm

    Manager Martinez is standing firm over the 21-year-old, insisting the club will not allow him to go on the cheap.
    "Victor's 21, he's got a year left on his contract and my chairman is always very clear," he told the Daily Mirror.
    "We would rather have Victor for a year rather than selling him under his value.
    "We don't have to sell players, so we will never undervalue players.


    "We will never stand in the way of players who want to move on to other projects - let's say a player who can move on and try and win the Premier League - but in football, and in life in general, if you want something, you have to meet the valuation.
    "Until that happens, it's not an issue.


    "Remember, we made a huge investment in Victor when he was 19 and in the Championship, which other clubs wouldn't.
    "We will never undervalue one of the biggest talents in this league. Clubs must respect that."
    The manager is confident Moses will not be affected by the speculation linking him with a Stamford Bridge move in Sunday's game.
    Strong

    He added: "From Victor's point of view, he's fit and available and if anyone can cope with anything from a mental point of view then it's Victor.
    "When he came from Crystal Palace at the age of 19, he was desperate straight away to play - I have never seen such a mature young man.
    "Victor is a strong man who has been through many things in his life already. He loves the game and once he gets on the pitch, the world stops for him."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Wenger working on Walcott deal
    Last Updated: August 18 2012, 11:54 BST


    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that the Gunners are trying to convince winger Theo Walcott to sign a contract extension.




    Theo Walcott: Contract expires next summer
    The 23-year-old's current deal at the Emirates runs out in June 2013 and he has yet to commit himself to the club beyond then.
    "We are still trying to extend his deal," the Frenchman is quoted as saying by The Sun.
    "When a player doesn't want to stay, you either force him or you let him go."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-08-2012

    Espanyol confirm Simao deal
    Last Updated: August 18 2012, 13:06 BST


    Espanyol have confirmed the capture of Portugal international winger Simao Sabrosa.




    Simao: Two-year deal with Espanyol
    The Catalan club revealed the 32-year-old has agreed a two-year deal, subject to passing a medical.
    Simao, who has spent the last 18 months in Turkey with Besiktas, is no stranger to Spanish football.
    He had a spell with Barcelona earlier in his career, and has also spent three-and-a-half years at Atletico Madrid, with whom he won the Europa League and European Super Cup in 2010.


    Espanyol, who begin the new top-flight season at Mallorca on Saturday, have also bolstered their ranks with the signing of Spanish World Cup-winning left-back Joan Capdevila this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Football Transfer News 04-08-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 22:42:42
  2. New Latest Football Transfer News 26-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-07-2012, 00:31:55
  3. New Latest Football Transfer News 22-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-07-2012, 21:01:02
  4. New Latest Football Transfer News 09-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 00:07:18
  5. New Latest Football Transfer News 01-07-2012
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 18:45:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •