Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 20-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 20-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 20-08-2012

Buttner closes on United move

Defender flies in for medical
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 11:18am

Alexander Buttner: Has flown into England

Dutch defender Alexander Buttner has flown into England to undergo a medical at Manchester United.
    The 23-year-old was wanted by the likes of Southampton, Fulham and Queens Park Rangers earlier this summer - but now United have made their move and are ready to seal a 5million deal.

Buttner has already declared the move a dream, and as he left Schipol Airport in Amsterdam for Manchester, he admits things were still sinking in.
    "If a week ago, you told me that together with Robin van Persie I would be playing at Manchester United, I would have driven you straight to the mad house," Buttner told De Telegraaf.
    "One month ago Manchester United sent an email expressing their interest, but in the last four days it became concrete.

"I have not spoken yet with Sir Alex Ferguson, but if all goes well that will happen."
    Buttner has been in dispute with Vitesse Arnhem over his future and has been training away from the first-team squad.
    "With not being allowed to train with the first-team and the arbitration case against Vitesse, this was not a nice time so I see this as a reward," he added.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 20-08-2012

AVB rules out Defoe exit

Striker gets assurances from Spurs chief
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 9:30am

Jermain Defoe: Scored for Spurs in their weekend defeat at Newcastle

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has ruled out selling Jermain Defoe before the close of the transfer window.
    Defoe has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane this summer after finding his starts limited last season.
    The 29-year-old is the only senior striker on Spurs' books at present and he scored in their opening day defeat at Newcastle.

Defoe has raised concerns over his future if he is not playing regularly, but Villas-Boas has assured the England international he remains pivotal to his plans despite his desire to bring in another striker.
    "Jermain accepts that we are looking for one more striker because the team is in need of that, but when we have them all together the quality of the player is tremendous."
    Andre Villas-Boas on Jermain Defoe Quotes of the week
    "He always has this killer instinct. He scored in midweek for his country, scored for us during pre-season and again here," said Villas-Boas.

"He is showing that touch that we need up front. Jermain accepts that we are looking for one more striker because the team is in need of that, but when we have them all together the quality of the player is tremendous.
    "It is a different situation for him now. I have nothing to do with anything that happened in the past. He is our striker, is playing extremely well, is full of confidence and has been deadly in front of goal."

Uploads

Eagles target Baggies starlet

Freedman keen on Allan loan
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 10:05am

Scott Allan: Being chased by Crystal Palace & several other clubs

Sky Sports understands Crystal Palace are eyeing a loan move for West Brom midfielder Scott Allan.
    Eagles boss Dougie Freedman is keen to bolster his squad before the close of the transfer window and is keen on luring Allan to Selhurst Park.
    Allan, who joined West Brom last January from Dundee United, is highly-regarded at The Hawthorns, but is is regarded as very much one for the future.

The attacking midfielder is likely to find himself down the pecking order at The Hawthorns this season and the Baggies could be willing to loan him out so that he can get some regular first-team action.
    The 20-year-old enjoyed a successful spell out on loan at Portsmouth last season, impressing during his stint at Fratton Park.
    A number of clubs are thought to have made enquiries to sign Allan on loan, but Palace are hoping to win the race for the Scotland Under 21 international

Uploads

Bayern coy over Martinez

City could miss out on classy Spain international
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 10:48am

Javi Martinez: The midfielder has a 31.5m release clause in his contract at Athletic Bilbao

Reports are suggesting Bayern Munich are set to beat Manchester City to the signing of Javi Martinez but the German club's manager, Jupp Heynckes, is refusing to give anything away.
    The Athletic Bilbao star has a 40million (31.5m) release clause in the remaining four years of his contract and it looks likely he will leave before the transfer deadline.

City boss Roberto Mancini over the weekend revealed he had made an enquiry about Martinez but Bayern's Heynckes is not speaking so openly.
    He told Bild ahead of Monday's German Cup game against SSV Jahn Regensburg: "I can just advise you to be patient until both clubs have something to say on this.
    "Why should I be talking to you about Javi Martinez? I am the manager of Bayern Munich, we are out to play a German Cup match now.
    "And Javi Martinez is not a player of Bayern Munich."

Uploads

Inter could sell Maicon

Brazilian's potential move to Stamford Bridge may yet happen
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 11:48am

Maicon: Chelsea are thought to want a right-back to solve a problem position

Inter Milan have hinted they could be ready to sell star right-back Maicon to European champions Chelsea.
    The Brazilian has long been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge and the big-spending London club are known to be keen to solve what has been a problem position.

Branislav Ivanovic has mainly been used at right-back but the Serbian is known to prefer playing in the centre of defence.
    Maicon will next summer be out of contract at Inter and so the club could prefer to sell now rather than risk losing the 31-year-old for nothing in 12 months' time.

Di Matteo refutes Moses link

Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni told Sky Sports Italia: "Maicon is the strongest right-back in the world. We all are fond of him, all at Inter love him.
    "However, for some evaluations, affection does not count so much. Let's see what happens in the coming days."

Uploads

Biglia wants 'bigger' club

Midfielder happy to stay at Anderlecht if better offers don't come in
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 11:54am

Lucas Biglia: Admits he could leave Anderlecht

Anderlecht star Lucas Biglia has revealed he could leave the Belgian giants this month, but only for a bigger club.
    The Argentine international has been linked with a host of clubs including Real Madrid and Inter Milan - although the strongest interest is emanating from the Premier League with Arsenal reportedly leading the chase.

Up to half-a-dozen English clubs are thought to be in the reckoning, and Biglia is open to his future options.
    "I can leave for 8million in the current market, and that is quite a lot of money - but I agreed to this transfer fee myself so I can't really complain," he said.

"There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe.
    "I think we could really do something in the Champions League too this year. So there are many challenges left here."
    Kouyate

Meanwhile, Biglia's team-mate Cheikhou Kouyate - also linked with a move to England, has announced he is likely to stay put.
    "I've gotten a lot of questions about my future lately. So I've decided to stay. The club did a lot for me and I am doing something back now," he said.
    "There are also certain players who convinced me to stay for one more year."

Uploads

Boro land McEachran

Midfielder seals Riverside move
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 12:21pm

Josh McEachran: Has joined Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough have completed the signing of Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran.
    A number of Championship clubs had been looking to land the 19-year-old, but he has now finalised a deal with Boro.
    England Under-21 ace McEachran has seen his first-team chances at Chelsea limited, but he has made over 20 appearances for the club.

McEachran spent the latter part of last season on-loan at Premier League side Swansea City.
    McEachran has been signed in time for him to be included in the Boro squad ahead of their league match with Burnley on Tuesday.

Uploads

Cassano set for Inter swap

Milan confirm talks have been held with city rivals
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 2:46pm

Antonio Cassano: Set to join Inter from AC Milan, with Giampaolo Pazzini perhaps moving the other way

AC Milan have confirmed that negotiations have begun over a deal to take Antonio Cassano to Inter Milan in exchange for another player, thought to be Giampaolo Pazzini.

Cassano has been with the Rossoneri for 18 months but has now decided that he would like to go elsewhere and AC Milan are ready do business with their city rivals.
    A swap deal involving Pazzini is understood to be on the agenda as he is the type of out-and-out striker that AC Milan are lacking following Zlatan Ibrahimovic's departure, while Inter want a player with Cassano's creativity.
    AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani told Mediaset: "There is a negotiation ongoing with Inter, it is useless to deny it.

"In the past there have been many exchanges between the two Milan's clubs.
    "There are two weeks until the end of the market. Something will happen."
    Galliani added on the Milan Channel: "Antonio has asked to be sold, let's see what happens. The most probable scenario is a swap."
    Sublime

AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri is resigned to losing Cassano and has admitted that he is an admirer of Pazzini, although he has indicated there could be other options.
    "I'm sorry for Antonio because he is a player with sublime qualities, but he wanted to go away and I think it is wrong to keep a player against his will," said Allegri.

"There is a negotiation in progress and we expect developments.
    "Pazzini? He is definitely a great striker, but there are many high-level forwards in Italy who could be right for us."

Uploads

Ipswich bid for Edu

McCoist wants quick resolution; Trialists impressing at Ibrox
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 1:50pm

Maurice Edu: Has not featured this season for Rangers after indicating he wants to leave

Championship club Ipswich Town have made an offer for wantaway Rangers midfielder Maurice Edu, according to Ally McCoist.
    The American has not featured so far this season after indicating he wants to quit Ibrox in the wake of their demotion to the Scottish third division.

McCoist has called for a quick resolution to the situation as a question mark continues to hang over Edu's future.
    The Rangers boss said: "There is nothing at the moment.
    "As far as I know, there has been an offer on the table from Ipswich which, as yet, he hasn't accepted.
    "He trained this morning. I'm just hopeful something can be resolved sooner rather than later."
    Practice game

A number of first-team regulars have already left Rangers after the club was consigned to liquidation in the summer.
    McCoist is trying to bolster his squad before a 12-month transfer embargo comes into effect on 1st September.
    He has a number of trialists with the club, including Sebastien Faure, Francesco Stella, Anestis Argiriou and Francesco Celeste.

McCoist is hopeful of some signing news later in the week, as he said on Monday: "We've got a couple of meetings today.

"The trialists have been showing up well actually. I'm trying to organise another practice game for them in the middle of the week.
    "Hopefully, in the next two or three days we will have more news with one or two signings."

Uploads

Cirigliano rubbishes rumours

Argentine starlet plans to remain at River
    Last Updated: August 20, 2012 9:13pm

Ezequiel Cirigliano: Being linked with some of Europe's top clubs

Ezequiel Cirigliano claims there is no substance to reports suggesting Manchester City, Real Madrid and Manchester United have all bid for his services.
    The 20-year-old midfielder is among the most highly-rated prospects in South American football.

Inevitably, a number of eye-catching displays have seen him linked with a move to Europe.
    Heavyweights from England and Spain are said to have Cirigliano in their sights, but the youngster insists no official approaches have been made to his current employers River Plate.
    Agreement

"I don't know where the information comes from," he told devotoradio.com.ar.
    "First I heard that it was Manchester City, then Manchester United that were interested in me, but there has never been any proposal.
    "I also heard that I was wanted in Spanish football, even that I had an agreement in place with Real Madrid, but that isn't true.
    "I want to stay in Argentina and at River."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast