Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 23-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 23-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 23-08-2012

Gargano set for Inter switch

Uruguayan poised to join on initial loan from Napoli

Walter Gargano: Looking forward to joining Inter Milan from Napoli

Uruguayan midfielder Walter Gargano has expressed his excitement ahead of securing a move to Inter Milan from Napoli.
    Two years ago, the Uruguay international signed a contract extension to remain with the Partenopei until 2015, but on Wednesday in Milan he revealed a move north was imminent.

He is set to join on an initial loan deal with a view to a permanent switch, and is looking forward to getting started with his new club.
    The 28-year-old told Sky Sport Italia: "I'm moving to a great club. Inter have wanted me for a while and so I will do my best to repay the club."
    If the anticipated loan deal goes through, at an estimated cost of 1.25million (1m), Gargano will line up behind Italy forward Antonio Cassano, who completed his transfer from AC Milan on Wednesday morning.
    Adventure

The Uruguayan continued: "The competition for places is a beautiful thing.
    "Everyone has to play their best at all times. Cassano is a champion and a great personality."
    Gargano made over 163 appearances for Napoli since joining from Danubio in 2007.
    He added: "I will be Neapolitan for the rest of my life. Two of my children were born there and the city will always be in my heart.
    "I'm sorry, it was great playing for Napoli but this is a new adventure for me."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 23-08-2012

Diamanti signs new deal

Bologna forward rewarded with five-year contract

Alessandro Diamanti: Has more to celebrate after signing a five-year deal at Bologna

Italy international Alessandro Diamanti has committed his future to Bologna by signing a new long-term deal at the club.
    The 29-year-old former West Ham man could effectively see out his career at the Stadio Renati Dall'Ara after penning a five-year contract.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Bologna have reached an agreement with Alessandro Diamanti to prolong his contract until June 30, 2017."
    Diamanti enjoyed a hugely impressive season with the Rossoblu, scoring seven Serie A goals and forcing his way into Italy's Euro 2012 squad.
    The left-footed forward scored the winning penalty in the Azzurri's 4-2 shoot-out victory over England in the quarter-final of that tournament.

Uploads

Bolanos would consider move

Wolves target open to possibility of Copenhagen exit

Christian Bolanos: Linked with a move to the Championship to play for former boss Stale Solbakken

Copenhagen winger Christian Bolanos has refused to rule out suggestions he will join Wolves in the transfer window.
    Reports have linked the Costa Rica international with a move to the Championship side as a replacement for Matt Jarvis if the England man leaves for West Ham.

The 28-year-old winger is well known to Wolves boss Stale Solbakken as it was the Norwegian who signed Bolanos for Copenhagen in 2010.
    And Bolanos, who starred in his side's 1-0 win over Lille in a UEFA Champions League qualifier on Tuesday, readily admits he is an ambitious individual.
    Asked if a transfer could happen, Bolanos told tipsbladet.dk: "That is how football works and of course I have ambitions.

"Right now I am playing for Copenhagen so I try to focus on my work here, as that is my top priority.
    "But you never know in football when the right offer comes in.
    "I have two years left on my contract here but I do have ambitions."

Uploads

l'OM deny Cesar deal is agreed

Marseille insist deal is not in place
    Last Updated: August 23, 2012 8:09am

Cesar Azpilicueta: Marseille full-back is wanted by Chelsea

Marseille president Vincet Labrune has denied reports that Chelsea have agreed a deal for their full-back Cesar Azpilicueta.
    Reports from France have suggested that Marseille have agreed to sell the defender to the European champions for 8million.
    Labrune and his sporting director Jose Anigo have been in London this week, which promoted suggestions that a deal had been agreed.

But when asked about the reports the French club's supremo told La Marseillaise: "I do not know who started this story, but they are totally wrong.
    "It surely comes from agents that have an interest in the deal.
    "Maybe they imagine that by running around making a noise about 8million euros it will make a difference, but it will not.
    "For the moment nothing is happening."

Uploads

Rodgers rules out Carroll exit

Liverpool boss hit out at Newcastle's loan approach
    Last Updated: August 23, 2012 8:18am

Andy Carroll: Brendan Rodgers insists striker will not be leaving Liverpool on loan for Newcastle

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has claimed he would 'need to be a nutcase' to let striker Andy Carroll leave Anfield on loan.

Rodgers hit out at Newcastle for trying to get Carroll - a player they sold to the Merseysiders for 35million in January 2011 - back on the cheap.
    The Reds boss, who had previously hinted a move could be on the cards, insisted he did not have enough depth in his squad to let the England striker leave without raising funds for a replacement.

"There is absolutely no chance [of a loan deal] - and certainly not Newcastle," Rodgers said.
    "I would need to be a nutcase even to consider at this moment to let Carroll go out, unless there are other solutions for that."
    Brendan Rodgers Quotes of the week
    "Newcastle got 35m for this player last year. To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty really.
    'Nutcase'

"We have got a very small squad as it is. We have lost a lot of players this summer and I have not replaced them, as of yet. That is the reality of where we are.
    "I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got (Luis) Suarez, Fabio Borini, and Andy Carroll.
    "I would need to be a nutcase even to consider at this moment to let Carroll go out, unless there are other solutions for that."

Newcastle and other clubs were alerted to Carroll's potential availability in July when Rodgers suggested he would be open to a loan move for the 23-year-old if it "can benefit the club in the long term".
    However, the offer made by Newcastle - reported to be a loan move with a view to a 12million permanent return to Tyneside with Liverpool still responsible for a sizeable chunk of his wages in the meantime - has particularly irked Rodgers.

Uploads

Chainrai back in for Portsmouth
    Last Updated: August 23 2012, 7:21 BST

Former Portsmouth owner Balram Chainrai hopes to clinch a takeover of the club within the next fortnight.

Balram Chainrai: Hoping to finalise takeover in two weeks
    Chainrai, through his company Portpin, has re-entered the equation as a bidder for the League One club.
    Just eight days ago Portpin announced its interest in buying Portsmouth, who remain in administration, was at an end.
    That appeared to leave the Pompey Supporters Trust (PST) offering the club's last hope of survival.
    Hong Kong businessman Chainrai's company remains Portsmouth's biggest creditor and the PST urged him to negotiate with them over the value of the club's stadium, Fratton Park.

That remained a sticking point, and now Chainrai and Portpin are confident of reclaiming control of the troubled club, averting possible closure.
    If Portpin proceed, and have the backing of administrator Trevor Birch, they could scupper the supporters' hopes of bringing the former Premier League club under their own control.
    A statement from Portpin, on skysports.com, said: "After many discussions with the related parties, including amongst others, the administrator, the Football League, the PFA, and officials from Portsmouth City Council, Portpin Ltd announces that it has decided to take action in order to avoid the imminent liquidation of Portsmouth FC.

"Portpin's offer will be in much the same form as previously with the club's current CVA being honoured and football creditors being settled in accordance with current agreements.
    "Under Football League rules, the satisfactory treatment of football creditor obligations is critical to the financial eco-system of all members of the Football League.

"Although Portpin positively viewed takeover interest by the Portsmouth Supporters Trust, we understood from the administrator that the terms offered by PST were problematic in two areas - the further reduction in football creditor debt to 2million and the uncertainty of the committed capital raised and held in escrow to both fund the takeover of the business and to provide guarantees for the next three years' cash flow.
    "We hope to finalise this transaction in the next two weeks.

"Portpin is taking this step to save the club and will look to continue to work with interested parties - including the Portsmouth Supporters Trust - to ensure that the club will have a sound business foundation to enable it to remain financially over the long term.
    "We hope everybody including the huge fan base will support this saving process."
    When Portpin pulled out initially, Chainrai listed a number of reasons behind his decision, most notably a lack of support and co-operation from administrator PKF and other involved parties.

Uploads

Ajax agree Poulsen deal
    Last Updated: August 23 2012, 10:34 BST

Ajax have reached agreement to sign former Denmark international Christian Poulsen on a free transfer.

Christian Poulsen: Poised for Ajax switch
    The 32-year-old midfielder was a free agent following his release by French side Evian at the end of last season and has agreed terms on a contract until June 30, 2014 subject to the successful completion of a medical.
    Ajax's director of football Marc Overmars welcomed the arrival of the former Liverpool, Juventus, Sevilla, Schalke and Copenhagen player.

"We are very pleased with his choice to come and play with Ajax, for he could have gone to several clubs in Europe," said Overmars.
    "He is a leader, both on and off the field, and that can help our young group of players."
    Poulsen won 92 caps for Denmark since making his debut in November 2001, but called time on his international career earlier this month.

Uploads

Herrera yet to hold PL talks
    Last Updated: August 23 2012, 9:22 BST

Mexico ace Hector Herrera insists he not yet held talks about a move to England.

Hector Herrera: Attracting interest from Manchester United and Liverpool
    The 22-year-old Pachuca midfielder is believed to be wanted by both Manchester United and Liverpool following an impressive display at the Olympics.
    Herrera insists he is not in discussions with any club, but admits he has read about the interest and would relish the chance to move to Europe.
    "The truth is that so far I know nothing about what is happening, I am not aware," he told Raza Deportiva.

"From what I've heard there has been some news, but I have had no approach from the Pachuca club president or the people from Manchester.
    "If given the opportunity to emigrate to European football of course I'd go but I have wait to see what the club officials say."
    Herrera has only been in Pachuca's first-team for the last 12 months and he admits to being shocked by his rapid rise.

"I did not expect it so soon, I did not expect these big clubs to be tracking me after such a short time, but this is the result of the sacrifices I have made."
    Pachucha's sporting director Andres Fassi has been quoted claiming both United and Liverpool have registered their interest.
    "We know he's going to emigrate to England. Manchester United and Liverpool have talked to us," he said.

"We want him to continue with Pachuca. But when he decides to leave, the club will give him the opportunity to do so."
    Herrera did play down claims that he has talked with United's Javier Hernandez about moving.
    "No, as I said, there wasn't any approach or any talks. And I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Chicharito," he said.

Uploads

Milan offer Ze Eduardo trial

Genoa striker offered San Siro chance
    Last Updated: August 23, 2012 10:50am

Ze Eduardo: Trial offer from Milan for Genoa striker

AC Milan have offered a trial to Genoa's Brazilian striker Ze Eduardo, but it remains to be seen if he will take up the offer.
    Reports had suggested that Milan had offered him a loan deal, but they want to see him in action before finalising any move.
    Ze Eduardo, who almost joined West Ham in January, is wanted as possible cover for the injured Alexandre Pato.
    It is believed Milan want to check on him over a nine-day period, before deciding whether to sign him.

Uploads

Hamburg not ruling out VDV move

Germans not giving up on Dutch ace
    Last Updated: August 23, 2012 2:39pm

Rafael van der Vaart: Linked with a move back to Hamburg

Hamburg have refused to rule out a move for Tottenham ace Rafael van der Vaart before the close of the transfer window.
    Van ver Vaart has been continually linked with a move back to Hamburg, who he played for between 2005 and 2008, with the Germans huge admirers of the Dutchman.
    The 29-year-old's future has been the subject of speculation this summer following the change of manager at White Hart Lane.

Van der Vaart started last weekend's defeat to Newcastle on the bench fuelling suggestions that Spurs could be willing to sell the playmaker.
    Reports in Germany and Holland have claimed Hamburg have made new enquiries to Spurs asking about Van der Vaart's availability.
    Hamburg's director of sport Frank Arnesen has not given up hope of striking a deal for Van der Vaart, suggesting Spurs chairman Daniel Levy likes to do late deals in the transfer market.
    Hopeful

"In this world I am not ruling out anything, but at the moment it is not realistic," Arnesen told Kicker.
    "I know Tottenham boss Daniel Levy loves to cash in high transfer fees in the final minutes of the transfer window."
    Hamburg coach Thorsten Fink was remaining coy on the club's pursuit of Van der Vaart.
    "I don't want to let myself get carried away with speculation right now," noted Fink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast