Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 24-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 24-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 24-08-2012

Maicon in Premier League link

Agent claims there is interest in Brazilian from former bosses
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 7:34am

Maicon: Could stay at Inter but is eyeing a move away from Italy

Inter Milan right-back Maicon is attracting interest from Manchester City and Chelsea, according to his agent.
    Maicon has been at Inter since 2006 and won the UEFA Champions League with the club under Jose Mourinho two years ago.
    Mourinho, now at Real Madrid, is believed to be one of the managers now interested in signing the 31-year-old Brazil international.

But the player's agent Roberto Calenda claims another former Inter boss, Roberto Mancini, is also willing to move for the full-back.
    He told calciomercato.com: "There is interest from Manchester City, Real Madrid and Chelsea in the player, while there are no possibilities that he goes to AC Milan and Juventus.
    "But the player could also stay at Inter."
    Calenda later admitted there had been no progress on any deal, telling fcinternews.it when asked about negotiations with City: "There is no news."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 24-08-2012

Swans seek value for Sinclair

City will have to pay up for winger; Swansea keen on Valencia man
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 8:20am

Scott Sinclair: Will only leave Swansea at the right price

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has stressed his determination to get the best price possible for Manchester City target Scott Sinclair.
    Sinclair is widely expected to join the Premier League champions before the end of the month but Jenkins wants a considerable fee - pointing to other high-profile transfers in recent weeks.

Wolves pair Steven Fletcher and Matt Jarvis are likely to conclude deals taking them to Sunderland and West Ham this week for sums in excess of 10million and it has not escaped Jenkins' attention.
    "When you look at Robin van Persie going for 25million and there are a couple of players going from Wolves for large sums of money," he told Sky Sports News.
    "Scott is a very good young British player and we expect that if any bid is likely to go ahead we've got to get the value that is right."
    Replacement

If the 23-year-old winger does leave the Liberty Stadium, Swans coach Michael Laudrup will want to bring in a replacement and Valencia wide-man Pablo Hernandez is his primary target.
    Jenkins has confirmed he hopes to sign the Spain international but admits he is looking at other possibilities as well.

He added: "I think that one has been publicised with Hernandez and Valencia. That one's ongoing.
    "Again, it's something we'd like to conclude as soon as we can but these things do take time.
    "But we have got a few other options we're looking at to make sure we don't get caught out between now and the transfer window ending."

Uploads

Canaries to swoop for Biglia

Anderlecht midfielder looks set to secure Premier League move
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 8:40am

Lucas Biglia: Understood to be heading for Carrow Road in a loan deal

Sky Sports sources understand Norwich are in talks to sign Argentine midfielder Lucas Biglia on loan from Anderlecht.
    The 26-year-old has been linked with numerous Premier League clubs in recent seasons but looks set to join the Canaries on a season-long deal after spending six years with the Belgian club.

Biglia is a deep-lying playmaker of some repute and was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this summer so would represent something of a coup for manager Chris Hughton.
    The player himself recently indicated that European football was a priority.
    "I can leave for 8million (6.3m) in the current market. I agreed this transfer fee myself," said the Argentina international earlier this week.
    "There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe."

Uploads

Yoshida attracting interest

VVV defender linked with move to Southampton
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 9:09am

Maya Yoshida: Understood to be on the radar of several Premier League clubs

VVV Venlo have revealed that their defender Maya Yoshida is being monitored by a number of clubs from the Premier League.
    The Japan international has impressed in the Eredivisie over the past couple of seasons, while he also caught the eye as captain of his country's Olympic squad earlier in the summer.

He had been linked with a switch to Aston Villa before Ron Vlaar's move to the Midlands club, but there is understood to be wider English interest.
    Southampton are reportedly considering a 2million swoop, and VVV boss Hans Soentjens admits he faces a fight to keep the 23-year-old.
    Soentjens said: "The response from England has been one of high praise.
    "I know a number of clubs from the Premier League are very interested."

Uploads

Gunners could make late moves
    Last Updated: August 24 2012, 8:01 BST

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed he could spend again before the transfer window closes.

Arsene Wenger: Could make more signings.
    There may also be further departures from the Emirates Stadium, the Frenchman said, prior to next Friday's 11pm deadline.
    Wenger has lost Robin van Persie to Manchester United and Alex Song to Barcelona, but he has added Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud to the ranks.

And if the right player becomes available, Wenger is not ruling out another plunge into the market.
    He told arsenal.com: "Some things can still happen.
    "I don't want make a promise that I cannot keep. It does not only depend on me. But there still could be some action on the transfer market - ins and outs.
    "We are working [in the market]. We'll see what we can do.

"The transfer market is open for two months and yet for one month and three weeks it is nearly closed. It wakes up completely in the last week and then every minute becomes important.
    "Everybody has played for time for seven or eight weeks and now suddenly everyone is in a hurry. And that is when the most intense activity happens."
    Wenger, whose side drew 0-0 at home with Sunderland on the opening day of the Barclays Premier League season, is happy with the state of his squad.

As he remarks, there could be a shuffling of some personnel in and out, but Wenger stresses there is no urgent need.
    We have a good, stable, focused squad. We just have to show how good we are in the season," he said.
    "We have (Abou) Diaby and (Alex) Oxlade-Chamberlain back now while (Tomas) Rosicky and (Jack) Wilshere are coming back.
    "They are all international-stature players. I focus highly on that. If we get these players back in good shape then we have a very, very strong squad."

An obvious target for Wenger would be a like-for-like replacement for defensive midfielder Song, who was a 15million departure.
    Real Madrid's Nuri Sahin has been linked, as have Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila and Sevilla winger Jesus Navas.
    The Gunners head to Stoke on Sunday, when England midfielder Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to be available following an ankle problem, but defender Laurent Koscielny (calf) is still not match fit.

Uploads

Sunderland in Johnson talks

O'Neill closes in on City winger
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 12:44pm

Adam Johnson: In talks with Sunderland over a move to Stadium of Light

Sky Sports understands Sunderland are in talks with Manchester City winger Adam Johnson.
    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini revealed last week he was willing to let Johnson move on in search of regular first-team football.

Johnson only signed a new five-year contract at the Etihad Stadium in January but has grown frustrated after failing to hold down a regular place in City's star-studded side.
    A number of clubs have been linked with a move for Johnson following Mancini's confirmation that he would allow the player to move on.
    Sunderland have held a long-term interest in the former Middlesbrough with Martin O'Neill keen to add to his squad before the close of the transfer window.
    Right number

The Black Cats have now been given the green light to hold talks with the England international as they look to lure Johnson to the Stadium of Light.
    Manchester City have been strongly linked with a move for Swansea's Scott Sinclair as a replacement for Johnson.
    Mancini told a press conference on Friday morning: "Adam Johnson is a City player at the moment.
    "We can't sell a player if we don't buy other players. If so we don't have the right number for this year."

Uploads

Boyata set for Dutch move

Defender set for another loan spell away from Man City
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 11:46am

Dedryck Boyata: Manchester City defender could get regular football at FC Twente

Sky Sports sources understand Dutch club FC Twente are set to sign Manchester City defender Dedryck Boyata on loan.
    The Belgium international, 21, has failed to nail a starting place in Roberto Mancini's side and will return across the North Sea in search of regular first-team football.

It represents another spell away from Eastlands for Boyata, who started 13 Premier League games in a season-long loan at Bolton last term.
    He has played 23 times for City in all competitions since joining their academy from FC Brussels in 2007.

Uploads

Inter complete Pereira deal

Porto confirm sale of Uruguay international left-back
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 12:41pm

Alvaro Pereira: Uruguay international completes move to Serie A

Inter have completed the signing of Uruguay international Alvaro Pereira from Porto.
    Porto confirmed the deal to the Portuguese stock market on Thursday, revealing they had reached agreement with the Italian giants on a 10million (8m) deal.

Pereira has long been linked with a move away from Porto and was close to joining Chelsea last summer.
    The valuation of the 26-year-old left-back has come down since then, although the fee paid by Inter could still rise to as much as 15m (12m) depending on his appearances for the Nerazzurri.
    Pereira joined Porto in 2009 and was part of the team that won the Europa League in 2011 as well as that year's Copa America with Uruguay.

Uploads

Konate opts for Russian move

Teenager joins Krasnodar on three-year deal
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 1:00pm

Moussa Konate: Has rejected Premier League interest for Russia move

Senegal starlet Moussa Konate has turned down interest from the Premier League in favour of joining Russian club FC Krasnodar from Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Konate, who shone for Senegal at the London Olympics as he scored five goals, had been linked with a host of top-flight clubs including Sunderland, Stoke and West Brom.
    But the 19-year-old striker, who has three caps for his country, has chosen to sign a three-year contract at Krasnodar with the option for a further year.

He told Sky Sports: "I am happy to go to Russia with Krasnodar.
    "I waited on a lot of different clubs but Krasnodar showed they want me and will count on me, compared to some clubs where I didn't believe I would play first-team football yet.
    "I am 19 years old and I think I can play on the biggest stage."

Uploads

Sunderland seal Fletcher deal

Striker signs four-year contract at Stadium of Light
    Last Updated: August 24, 2012 1:29pm

Steven Fletcher: Left Wolves for Sunderland on a four-year deal

Sunderland have completed the signing of striker Steven Fletcher from Wolves on a four-year deal.
    The Black Cats have been chasing Fletcher all summer and finally agreed a fee in the region of 12million for the Scot after seeing several earlier bids rejected.

Fletcher, who had handed in a transfer request at Molineux, has agreed personal terms and finalised his move to the Stadium of Light.
    The 25-year-old will go straight into the squad for Saturday's home clash with Reading.
    Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill was delighted to bring in the former Burnley man to bolster his attacking options.
    "It has been no secret that we needed to strengthen our attacking options and Steven has a proven track record of scoring goals," O'Neill told the club's official website.

"He is young and constantly improving and he will be a very welcome addition to the squad. I'm delighted that we've been able to bring him to Sunderland."
    Fletcher is the second high-profile depature from Wolves this week following Matt Jarvis' switch to West Ham.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast