Latest Football Transfer News 26-08-2012
Sinclair no closer to Man City
Swansea boss Michael Laudrup insists there has been no progress over Scott Sinclair's proposed move to Manchester City, despite leaving the winger out of the side who beat West Ham 3-0.
Laudrup: No progress over Sinclair's move to Man City
Sinclair has told Swansea he does not want to sign a new contract at the Liberty Stadium, and with less than a year left on his current deal he looks set to leave before the end of the transfer window.
City have made an offer for the 23-year-old, believed to be around the £5million mark, but Laudrup says his omission from the squad is not a sign that a deal has been agreed between the two clubs.
He said: "Last week after the game (against QPR) I said it was no problem bringing him into the squad. He did a good job, he came off the bench and he scored.
"There are a lot of things going on around Scott and I spoke with him and we decided it was better for everyone that he did not participate at all in the game.
"We know things can move fast in this game but we will wait until Monday to see where things stand. We know it could go on until Friday evening.
"If he is still here after that he will be in the squad next Saturday, if he is not, he is not.
"There is a lot of interest in Scott. I really don't know if he will be here after Friday but everything is possible. It is possible he stays, it is possible he leaves."