Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 28-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 28-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 28-08-2012

Zaragoza bag Babovic

Serbian midfielder delighted to secure move to Spain

Stefan Babovic: Serbian midfielder has joined Real Zaragoza from Partizan Belgrade

Real Zaragoza have bolstered their squad by signing Serbian midfielder Stefan Babovic on a three-year contract from Partizan Belgrade.
    Babovic started his career at Partizan before leaving for city rivals OFK in 2006, and he subsequently took in spells with Nantes and Feyenoord.

The 25-year-old returned to Partizan in 2010, but is now on the move again and is looking forward to the chance to play in La Liga.
    "I am delighted because I have come to the best league in the world and I will give everything I have to match Zaragoza's standards," Babovic told the club's official website.
    "I am physically fit and looking forward to the hard work needed to succeed at this level."
    Babovic, who can play as an attacking midfielder or on the wing, has been capped by Serbia and had won two successive titles with Partizan.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 28-08-2012

Hoesen poised for Ajax

Striker set to leave Fulham for an 'unbelievable' opportunity

Fulham striker Danny Hoesen has confirmed he is set to join Ajax and admits it is 'unbelievable' to have the opportunity to sign for the Dutch champions.
    Hoesen has been unable to make the breakthrough at Fulham and has previously undertaken loan spells at HJK Helsinki and Fortuna Sittard.
    The 21-year-old impressed on loan at second division Fortuna last season, scoring 13 goals, and was the subject of three failed bids from VVV Venlo earlier this summer.

He is now expected to sign a three-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months, at Ajax, who will reportedly pay around 500,000 (395,000) to Fulham.
    "Unbelievable," Hoesen told Algemeen Dagblad regarding his imminent move. "The biggest club in the Netherlands. As a young boy you dream of that.

"Initially, I could hardly believe Ajax was interested, but after I spoke with Marc Overmars I knew it was serious.
    "For what position have I been signed? I have been told that I have been bought for the striker position.
    "First I have to acclimatise to the level, but with better players around me I hope to adapt quickly."

Uploads

Modric - No hard feelings

Madrid new boy just happy to be with Spanish giants
    Last Updated: August 28, 2012 8:25am

Luka Modric: No hard feelings after finally leaving Spurs for Real Madrid

Luka Modric insists there is 'no hard feelings' between himself and Tottenham after he finally completed his protracted move to Real Madrid.
    The Croatian has signed a five-year deal at the Bernabeu after Real agreed a fee for his services following months of haggling with Spurs.
    Modric admits he is glad the transfer saga is over and has denied any suggestions of a breakdown in relations with the Spurs hierarchy.
    "There are no hard feelings," said Modric. "I want to thank everyone there.

"I spent three great years there and enjoyed every moment.
    "People thought there was something bad between us but it wasn't anything bad. It was normal [in negotiations]. I am glad that it is finished now and that I am at Real Madrid.
    "When I was in Croatia I always wanted to play in Spain one day."
    Real choice

Modric admits he always had his heart set on Real despite attracting interest from elsewhere.
    "I chose the Spanish league because it's one of the best leagues in the world," added Modric.
    "And I chose Madrid because they are the best club in the world. They've won so many things, so many titles. It's amazing for me to be here.
    "When I heard that Madrid noticed me, the rest lost interest."

Uploads

No Spurs switch for Damiao
    Last Updated: August 28 2012, 8:20 BST

Tottenham target Leandro Damiao will not be heading to White Hart Lane this summer, according to Internacional's vice-president.

Leandro Damiao: Offer from Tottenham rejected

9. Da Silva Leandro Damiao

Appearances 7 (0)
    Goals 7
    Assists 0
    Yellows 2
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

The Brazil striker has been heavily linked with a move to Spurs and the sale of Luka Modric is likely to spark significant transfer spending by the London club.
    But the 23-year-old is unlikely to be among the incoming players after Internacional vice-president Luciano Davi revealed that the Brazilian club have decided to keep the forward for now.
    "Our intention is that Leandro Damiao doesn't leave this year," Davi told Globo Esporte.

"He is an Internacional player until December. Their offer wasn't relevant and we are not interested in selling him.
    "Tottenham came to us but their offer didn't match our valuation of him. Leandro Damiao is a national team striker and we have to value that."
    Davi had previously denied that Spurs had bid for the player, while Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas recently claimed he would not be signing another striker.

Uploads

Hernandez happy to fight for place
    Last Updated: August 28 2012, 9:14 BST

Javier Hernandez has no qualms about the increased competition for places at Manchester United following the signing of Robin van Persie and is confident he will get plenty of opportunities this season.

Javier Hernandez: Happy at Manchester United

Van Persie's arrival from Arsenal earlier this month has given Sir Alex Ferguson an enviable array of strikers to select from, with Hernandez, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Dimitar Berbatov also at his disposal.
    Hernandez has yet to appear this season and reports have linked the Mexico international with a move away from Old Trafford before the transfer window closes.

However, the 24-year-old is happy to fight for his place, with an injury to Rooney likely to see Hernandez more involved over the next few weeks.
    "The great thing about this club is you know you will get opportunities because we play so many games in different tournaments," Hernandez told the club's official website.
    "There is competition for places but you always have that. I had that in youth teams when I was growing up and we have it here now because you need a big squad of players.

"There are only 11 places each week and you need to do your best to get one of those places, but it's great to have that competition because it means every player will have to raise the level of their game.
    "The gaffer has the decisions to make, but for me I just focus on doing my best every day in training and in every game so I can help my team-mates get closer to achieving our targets of winning the league and all the competitions we play in."
    Hernandez, who endured a fitful second season with the Red Devils, is also looking forward to learning from new recruit Van Persie.
    He added: "I think in life you never stop learning, no matter what age you are. I try to learn from all my team-mates, but obviously it's great to watch the other strikers in particular.

"They have all helped me a lot and I know I will learn a lot off Robin because he is a world-class striker who has a lot to give to the team and a lot to teach us all.
    "I think for people that just love football Robin is like Wazza and other top players, you just need to see them play. Even if you're not a United fan, you should watch players like Robin and Wazza because they are world class.
    "Robin is someone I have always enjoyed watching - he did a lot of great things for Arsenal and we want him to do the same for us."

Uploads

Jenkins hits out at Man City
    Last Updated: August 28 2012, 9:11 BST

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has hit out at Manchester City for the way they have handled their pursuit of Scott Sinclair.

Scott Sinclair: Set for Manchester City move

11. Scott Sinclair

Appearances 2 (3)
    Goals 2
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

Sinclair is poised to seal his move to the Premier League champions in the next 24 hours after weeks of haggling over his transfer fee.
    Jenkins is unhappy at how long the deal has dragged on leaving Swansea with little time to bring in a replacement for Sinclair at the Liberty Stadium.
    "It has been dragging on a while and I'd have thought if they really wanted to sign Scott they would have dealt with it a bit better than they have, but that's their business," noted Jenkins.

Jenkins is also hopeful of bringing in a couple of new faces before the transfer window slams shut on Friday.
    "Hopefully, over the next few days, we'll get a couple more signings in and we can put the transfer window behind us at the end of the month," added Jenkins.
    "Our proposed signing of a couple of players is not dependent on Scott's transfer out. I think it's more about numbers and making sure we have the right number in the squad."

Uploads

Milan end Kaka chase

Rossoneri pass on Samba star
    Last Updated: August 28, 2012 11:38am

Kaka: Looking for a way out of Real Madrid after falling out of favour

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani claims the club have ended their interest in re-signing Kaka as there are 'too many risks' involved.
    The Rossoneri sold the Brazilian playmaker to Real Madrid in the summer of 2009 for a then world record fee.
    Milan reluctantly agreed to part with the Samba star after benefitting from his considerable talent for six memorable years.

Kaka has struggled to produce his best since leaving Italy, with injuries and a loss of form seeing a former World Player of the Year reduced to a supporting role at Santiago Bernabeu.
    Real are prepared to let him leave and find regular games elsewhere, but their asking price and the sizeable salary involved are making transfer negotiations difficult.

Milan have found that out the hard way and Galliani says they are ready to turn their attention elsewhere.
    "We were waiting on the opinion of a well-known Spanish economics expert, and that's now arrived," he told the Milan Channel.
    "The operation is closed because there are too many risks."

Uploads

'Dream' Milan move for Niang

Teenage forward on his way to Serie A giants
    Last Updated: August 28, 2012 11:52am

M'Baye Niang: Ready to test himself in the Italian top flight

AC Milan have agreed a deal with Caen for their teenage forward M'Baye Niang, with the youngster hailing the switch as a 'dream come true'.
    Milan were one of a number of clubs hoping to snap up a player considered to be among the most exciting talents in European football.
    Premier League outfit Everton were also believed to be in the hunt for the 17-year-old striker, who burst onto the scene in April 2011.
    Niang was a regular feature for Caen last season as they slipped out of Ligue 1 and has already broken in the France U21 side.
    It was expected to be only a matter of time before he was lured to one of the continent's top sides, and Milan appear to have won that race.
    Great club

Rossoneri vice-president Adriano Galliani told the Milan Channel: "Niang? He will join (Massimiliano) Allegri and the first team.
    "We think he's a good player, even if I usually wait six months before passing judgement on a new arrival."
    Niang is looking forward to furthering his development at the San Siro, telling Tuttomercatoweb: "I have made a big dream come true by joining Milan.
    "Now it's up to me to prove that I'm good enough to be in this great club."

Uploads

Canaries close on Bunn deal

Hughton makes third offer for keeper
    Last Updated: August 28, 2012 11:55am

Mark Bunn: Closing in on a move to Norwich from Blackburn

Sky Sports understands Norwich are closing in on the signing of Blackburn goalkeeper Mark Bunn.
    Norwich have been chasing the highly-rated Bunn all summer and have already seen two bids rejected for the 27-year-old.
    Bunn is keen to make the move to Norwich and, as revealed by Sky Sports, handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park to secure his exit.

Bunn is keen to leave Rovers after growing increasingly frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities with Paul Robinson the undisputed No.1 at Ewood Park.
    Norwich are thought to be ready to table a third offer for Bunn and are hopeful of striking a deal for the former Tottenham trainee.
    Hughton wants Bunn to provide cover and competition for John Ruddy at Carrow Road and is keen to bring him in before the transfer window slams shut on Friday.

Uploads

Bendtner on Rossoneri radar

Milan keen on out-of-favour Gunners striker
    Last Updated: August 28, 2012 12:26pm

Nicklas Bendtner: Looking for a way out of Emirates Stadium

Sky Sports understands that Italian giants AC Milan are prepared to offer Nicklas Bendtner a route out of Arsenal.
    The Denmark international appears to have no future at the Emirates after being deemed surplus to requirements.
    The 24-year-old spent last season on loan at Sunderland, netting eight times in all competitions, but the Black Cats have opted against making the move permanent.

That decision has forced Bendtner back to North London, where the door to the first team remains bolted despite the Gunners' summer sale of Robin van Persie to Manchester United.
    Bendtner has openly expressed his desire to move on, and Arsenal are willing to listen to offers.
    Enquiry

It is understood that Milan have made an enquiry, with the Serie A title hopefuls in the market for attacking talent after offloading Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Paris St Germain.
    Wherever Bendtner ends up at the close of the summer transfer window, his next international outing will not be coming at the start of 2014 World Cup qualification.

UEFA have stung the striker with a one-match ban for 'improper conduct' and have rejected his appeal against the suspension and resulting fine.
    That means Bendtner, who was charged following an ill-advised goal celebration at Euro 2012, will sit out Denmark's meeting with the Czech Republic on 8th September.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast