Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 31-08-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 31-08-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 31-08-2012

De Jong heading for City exit
    Last Updated: August 31 2012, 6:34 BST

Nigel de Jong looks set to be the biggest name using the revolving door at Manchester City today.

Nigel de Jong: Expected to leave Man City

It seems bizarre that the richest club in the world should be among those doing the most business amid the mad scramble of transfer deadline day.
    City manager Roberto Mancini certainly did not want it this way, however, that is how it has transpired.
    And as Great Britain Olympic star Scott Sinclair and Serbia defender Matija Nastasic are set to join from Swansea and Fiorentina respectively, others are on their way out.

Stefan Savic will not be missed too much as he heads to Fiorentina as part of the Nastasic deal.
    De Jong has been a bigger presence, even if he has struggled to find top form over the past couple of seasons, which have been blighted by problems sorting out a new contract.
    Now the combative midfielder is on the brink of joining AC Milan.
    "De Jong is on his way to Milan," said the official Milan TV channel last night.
    "The medical will be performed tomorrow."

It will end the Dutchman's three-year stint at the club and comes at a time when they are gearing up for a mouth-watering Champions League encounter with Real Madrid following yesterday's group stage draw.
    Their meeting with the Spanish giants in the Bernabeu on September 18 will represent one of the biggest European nights in their entire history, while the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo and company at the Etihad Stadium on November 21 is a guaranteed sell-out.

More pertinently, City, who entertain Swansea tomorrow evening, have also been linked with big-money deals for Theo Walcott and Maicon.
    However, it seems unlikely either man will have joined the Blues prior to tomorrow night's deadline as City remain determined to get somewhere close to meeting UEFA's strict Financial Fair Play rules.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 31-08-2012

Juventus close on Bendtner
    Last Updated: August 31 2012, 7:58 BST

Juventus have confirmed they expect to sign Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner before the close of the transfer window.

Nicklas Bendtner: Poised to join Juventus from Arsenal

Juventus made a move for Bendtner on Thursday after seeing a potential deal for Fulham target Dimitar Berbatov fall through.
    Arsenal are willing to let Bendtner move on as the Danish international is well down the pecking order at the Emirates.
    A number of clubs have been linked with the striker, but Juventus are now ready to take him from Arsenal.

Juventus sporting director, Beppe Marotta, has confirmed Bendtner is undergoing a medical at the club ahead of his switch to Turin and he believes the 24-year-old will fulfil his potential with the Italian champions.
    "Bendtner is already in Italy and will undergo a medical ," Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.
    "Until the final paperwork is concluded, I will not say that the player is ours.

"He has talent and ability. Potentially a great player, one that has almost never been able to prove it."
    Marotta also hit out Berbatov for pulling out of a move to Juventus labelling the player as 'unprofessional.'
    "We reiterate that we only approached Manchester United and the player after we were informed he had already turned down Fiorentina. Perhaps he forgot to tell Fiorentina that.
    "Berbatov certainly did not make a good impression on anyone and it was an unprofessional way to behave, so we agree with Fiorentina that it's best he didn't come here."

Uploads

Jol set to welcome Berbatov
    Last Updated: August 31 2012, 6:31 BST

Dimitar Berbatov was poised to finalise a move to Fulham while Martin Jol still expects Clint Dempsey to leave on what promises to be a frantic transfer deadline day..

Dimitar Berbatov: Poised to join Fulham

The Manchester United striker performed a dramatic U-turn on Wednesday, rejecting the advances of Serie A clubs Fiorentina and Juventus to undergo a medical with the Cottagers.
    And if all goes to plan this morning, the 31-year-old Bulgarian will call time on his four-year spell at Old Trafford to be reunited with Martin Jol, whom he worked under at Tottenham.

Jol has money to spend after selling Mousa Dembele to Spurs and believes securing Berbatov's services would represent a massive coup for Fulham.
    He said: "I'm a very happy man and I think our fans will be very happy and proud because it is probably the biggest (signing) in the history of the club, that is how I feel."
    The two worked together at Tottenham before Berbatov moved to Manchester United and Jol said: "I said in my last period at Spurs he would go over my dead body but I'm still here and so is he.

"We have a good relationship. He knows he will enjoy his football with me that is for sure, hopefully he will score goals with other good players around him.
    "He has got a very good record, if you look at his record internationally, and if you look at his record at Manchester United I don't think there are a lot of strikers, maybe (Robin) van Persie in five years' time, who could achieve that."
    Jol still expects Dempsey to depart before the window shuts, although he admitted he still does not know the destination of Fulham's top goalscorer last season.

He said: "With Dempsey there is still nothing on the table. Of course we are talking to different clubs but it is up to him. You know his desire to go to a Champions League club.
    "It is always difficult in football, there are different clubs with different scenarios and different options.
    "We know exactly what we want and if other clubs come up with the right deal we will probably do it."

Uploads

Charlie Adam in Stoke medical
    Last Updated: August 31 2012, 8:41 BST

Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam has arrived at Stoke City for a medical as they look to tie up a deal before the close of the transfer window.

Charlie Adam: Close to sealing a move to Stoke City

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is willing to let Adam move on having brought in Joe Allen and Nuri Sahin this summer to bolster his midfield options.
    The 26-year-old only joined Liverpool last summer from Blackpool, but it is clear he does not figure in Rodgers' long-term plans at Anfield.
    The likes of Everton and Fulham have been linked with Adam, but it appears Stoke are in pole position to land the former Rangers man.

Stoke are keen to add to their squad before Friday's deadline and they made a 4million bid for the Scotland international earlier this week.
    Adam has now arrived at Stoke's training ground to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms ahead of his switch to the Britannia Stadium.

Uploads

Pardew eyes defender deal

Taylor facing long lay-off with knee injury
    Last Updated: August 31, 2012 7:15am

Alan Pardew: Lining up a move for a new defender after Ryan Taylor's injury

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says he may enter the transfer market and try to land a defender after Ryan Taylor was injured in the win over Atromitos.
    The victory was marred by Taylor's serious looking knee injury early in the game.
    Pardew admits if Taylor faces a lengthy lay-off he may be forced into a late move to bring in some defensive cover.

"I fear that the news isn't going to be good on that injury, if I am honest, which is a shame because he is an important player for us. We will have to wait and see," said Pardew.
    "The Ryan Taylor injury will make me think about whether we perhaps need another defender. I shall go to see the chairman and have a discussion with him."

Uploads

Del Piero set for Sydney switch

Former Italy star set to become A-League's most lucrative ever signing
    Last Updated: August 31, 2012 11:33am

Alessandro Del Piero: Set to move Down Under and play for Sydney FC

Italy legend Alessandro Del Piero is set to seal a move to A-League side Sydney FC, the Australian club have confirmed.
    The 37-year-old is a free agent after bringing the curtain down on a glittering career at Juventus at the end of last season.
    A number of clubs were linked with a move for the forward, including SPL champions Celtic and Swiss side FC Sion.

However, it is the Australian outfit who have moved into pole position, with Sydney officials flying to Europe in order to conclude a deal.
    Should the move be finalised, it would reportedly become the most lucrative in A-league history.
    Sydney chairman Scott Barlow said: "This is huge for Sydney FC, huge for the A-League and huge for Australian football.

"We feel honoured that Alessandro has decided to play for Sydney FC and we share his excitement that a move to Sydney FC will create a lasting legacy for football in this country.
    "I want to thank [chief executive] Tony Pignata and [agent] Lou Sticca for the outstanding work over the last few days in progressing discussions with Alessandro and look forward to Tony finalising the contract in Italy over the coming days."

Uploads

Bojan Krkic wants permanent AC Milan stay after agreeing transfer deadline day loan
    Last Updated: August 31, 2012 12:06pm

Bojan Krkic: Admits he would like to sign a permanent deal at AC Milan

Bojan Krkic has revealed he wants to join AC Milan permanently next summer after agreeing a transfer deadline day season-long loan deal from Roma.
    The 22-year-old only moved to the Italian capital from Barcelona last summer but the club have decided to loan him out to their Serie A rivals for the upcoming campaign.
    Barca still have the option to bring the forward back to the Camp Nou, though it is believed Krkic is reluctant to return to Spain without assurances of first-team football.

The 22-year-old has been brought to the San Siro to help fill the gap caused by Zlatan Ibrahimovic's move to Paris St-Germain.
    Krkic believes he has made a step forward in his career by signing for Milan and is already keen to make the move permanent.
    "Coming to Milan is the best birthday present I could have asked for"
    Bojan Krkic Quotes of the week

"Coming to Milan is the best birthday present I could have asked for," he told the Italian media.
    "I did not play much for Roma and to move to Milan is a step up for me.
    "It was not an easy year at Roma, although I learned a lot. Now I want to do well, to help the team and to stay here when the loan ends."

Uploads

Villa end interest in Dempsey

United States international wants to join Liverpool
    Last Updated: August 31, 2012 12:34pm

Clint Dempsey: Fulham midfielder's future remains unclear on deadline day

Sky Sports sources understand Aston Villa have ended their interest in Clint Dempsey as the Fulham attacker wants to join Liverpool.
    Villa had a 7million bid accepted by Fulham earlier on Friday morning as they tried to plot a sensational deadline swoop for the attacker.
    Liverpool have been stalking the United States international for the majority of the close season and Anfield appears to be his likely destination.
    It is understood that his preference for a move to Liverpool has prompted Villa to call off their pursuit of Dempsey.

Sunderland, however, are still maintaining their interest in the attacker who has scored 50 goals for the Cottagers in 184 league games.
    Dempsey signed for the West London side in 2007 for 1.5million from the New England Revolution and has gone on to become one of the best attacking midfielders in the Premier League.

Uploads

Sinclair seals City switch

Winger completes move from Swansea
    Last Updated: August 31, 2012 12:34pm

Scott Sinclair: Looking forward to competing alongside 'some of the best players in the world'

Manchester City have confirmed that Scott Sinclair has completed a move to the reigning Premier League champions from Swansea.
    The 23-year-old, who found himself heavily linked with a switch to the Blues for much of the summer transfer window, is expected to go straight into Roberto Mancini's squad for a home date with Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.

No details as to the length of contract penned by Sinclair, or the fee involved in taking him to Manchester, have been released.
    The highly-rated winger has, however, expressed his delight at securing a move to a club paired alongside European giants Real Madrid in Thursday's UEFA Champions League draw.
    "I'm just glad everything is settled and that I'm now a City player," Sinclair told the club's official website.
    Relieved

"There were times when I thought it might not happen so I'm relieved that I'm here and I can't wait to get started."
    Scott Sinclair Quotes of the week
    "There were times when I thought it might not happen so I'm relieved that I'm here and I can't wait to get started.
    "Playing alongside some of the best players in the world is exciting for me and when you see two Champions League fixtures against Real Madrid on the horizon, it brings it all home."

A move to City sees Sinclair bring to an end a two-year stint with Swansea, during which time he helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League.
    The former Chelsea trainee will be hoping that a switch to the Blues will allow him to push for senior international recognition with England, having represented Team GB at the 2012 Olympics.

Uploads

Cottagers agree Boateng deal

Ghana ace on his way to England
    Last Updated: August 31, 2012 12:58pm

Derek Boateng: Fee agreed by Fulham

Sky Sports understands Fulham are hoping to push through a deal for Ghana international Derek Boateng on deadline day after agreeing terms with Dnipro.
    The 29-year-old midfielder has long been linked with a move to England, and both Fulham and West Brom have been looking to secure his signature.

Now Sky Sports understands Fulham have agreed terms with Dnipro over a permanent deal for Boateng.
    The player is now set to undergo a medical ahead of completing his move, whilst Fulham are already believed to have filed a work-permit application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast