Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 01-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 01-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 01-09-2012

City seal Garcia signing

Benfica midfielder arrives for a reported 16m
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 1:23am

Javi Garcia: Becomes Manchester City's fifth signing of transfer deadline day

Manchester City have pulled off a late deadline day deal to sign defensive midfielder Javi Garcia from Benfica.
    The 25-year-old had a medical with the reigning Premier League champions at Manchester's Bridgewater Hospital earlier on Friday but it was still a race against time to finalise the transfer.
    Garcia has now put pen to paper after a fee of 16million was agreed with the Portuguese club.

The Spaniard will hope to play a key role for Roberto Mancini's side, especially after the departure of Nigel de Jong to AC Milan.
    Garcia is a versatile performer who can also play in defence, and becomes City's fifth signing of deadline day.
    Maicon, Scott Sinclair, Richard Wright and Matija Nastasic also arrived on the final day of the summer transfer window.
    Meanwhile, Dedryck Boyata has completed a move to FC Twente on loan for the season.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 01-09-2012

Eagles bring in Goodwillie

Striker joins struggling Palace side
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 12:07am

David Goodwillie: The striker joins Crystal Palace until January

Crystal Palace have signed Blackburn striker David Goodwillie on loan until January.
    Goodwillie has been capped three times by Scotland but struggled to command a regular spot in Steve Kean's side since the club's relegation from the top flight.

The 23-year-old has fallen out of the picture after heavy recruitment from Rovers this summer, with four strikers arriving at Ewood Park.
    He joins a Palace side which are currently sitting at the bottom of the Championship and are without a win from their first three games.
    The move will be a relief to Palace manager Dougie Freedman, who earlier missed out on Jay Bothroyd after the QPR striker joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan.

Uploads

Dejagah joins Fulham

Winger signs three-year contract at Craven Cottage
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 1:27am

Ashkan Dejagah: Convinced to join Fulham by the 'project' of Martin Jol

Fulham have signed Ashkan Dejagah from Wolfsburg on a three-year deal with option for an additional 12 months for an undisclosed fee.
    The winger was expected to move to Craven Cottage on transfer deadline day after being spotted at the club on Friday.
    Dejagah's move was then announced shortly before the 11pm cut-off, bringing to an end more than 150 appearances at Wolfsburg.
    He told Fulham's official website: "I'm very happy to be signing for Fulham and to come and play in the Premier League.

"I know Sascha [Riether] well and he told me very good things about the club and, after I had spoken to the manager and heard about the project here, I was convinced.
    "So I am happy to be here and will give my best for the club and our fans."

Uploads

Late Spurs switch for Dempsey
    Last Updated: September 1 2012, 1:15 BST

Fulham have confirmed that forward Clint Dempsey has joined Tottenham.

Clint Dempsey: Joined Tottenham on deadline day

The American international - who made 224 appearances for Fulham, scoring 60 goals.- had been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool, while it is reported that Aston Villa also enquired about the availability of the 29-year-old.

A statement on the Fulham website read: "Fulham Football Club can confirm that, on Friday evening, Clint Dempsey joined Tottenham Hotspur. Clint was a very influential player for Fulham over a number of seasons and the Club thanks him for his contribution and wishes him well for the future."

Dempsey had been hankering after a move to Liverpool all summer, but he is now more than happy to have signed for Tottenham.
    "To play under this head coach and play for this club is a dream come true. I want to make the most of it," Dempsey said on Tottenham's Twitter feed.
    "There are a lot of great players here, I'm looking forward to training and playing with them."

Dempsey had not played for Fulham this season after it became clear he wanted a move, but he added on Tottenham's website: "A lot was said and written ahead of me leaving Fulham. It wasn't how it was portrayed, but that's in the past now and we move on.
    "I want to thank the fans for everything, some of the best memories I've had in football, and thank the chairman for giving me the opportunity to come from the MLS and compete over here.
    "All I can say is thank you and now I'm looking forward to the next challenge."

Uploads

Town take Hammill on loan

Winger's move still awaiting sanction from the Football League
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 12:30am

Adam Hammill: Keen to show people what he can do after moving to Huddersfield

Wolves winger Adam Hammill has joined Huddersfield Town on loan until January, although the deal is yet to be officially sanctioned by the Football League.
    Hammill, who made his name at Barnsley before moving to Molineux in 2011, can play on either flank, and will challenge the likes of Sean Scannell and Danny Ward for a regular berth with the Terriers.

"It has been a little bit frantic! Me and the missus jumped in the car and have flown down the M62," Hammill told the Huddersfield official website.
    "I'm delighted to be signing here. I want to get as much game time as possible and show everyone what I can do.
    "I just want to play football - that's all I've ever wanted to do. For whatever reason it hasn't quite worked out for me at Wolves, but I'm looking forward to my future now and working with some familiar faces and getting going.

"I've worked with Simon (Grayson) in the past at Blackpool and I know what he expects from me, so that was a big reason to come.
    "I also know a few of the players - Keith Southern and Calum Woods - and everything I've heard about the club tells me it's a really good place to be.
    "I've seen the way the team plays and that has caught my eye too."

Uploads

Brighton bag Hammond

Poyet delighted to bring in midfielder
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 12:45am

Dean Hammond: Will spend the season on loan at Brighton from Southampton

Dean Hammond has returned to his hometown club after signing a one-year loan deal with Brighton from Southampton.
    The 29-year-old came through Albion's youth set-up and made his senior debut in 2000 before being appointed captain at the age of 23 prior to joining Colchester.

He then led Southampton to back-to-back promotions and Brighton boss Gus Poyet is thrilled with the deal.
    Poyet told the club's official website: "He knows the club, he has experience, he has presence and he knows the division. He's a winner and he has quality.
    "We have a lot of quality in our midfield. We need that presence in midfield. The fact it was Brighton helped him make a decision. It's important that the fans know how much he wanted to come back.

"He is a real man. We wanted that extra experience and presence on the pitch and in the dressing room. He shows what we were looking for. We didn't know he was available and as soon as we knew there was a small chance we went for it and waited for it to happen."

Uploads

Edu given international clearance

Adam also cleared to play against Wigan
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 12:59am

Maurice Edu: Available for selection against Wigan

Stoke City new boys Charlie Adam and Maurice Edu have been given the all clear to feature in Saturday's Premier League game against Wigan Athletic.
    The Potters signed Adam from Liverpool earlier on deadline day and were then given international clearance for the signing of Edu from Rangers.

The American international has signed a three-year contract after making the move from Scotland and will wear the No.13 shirt at the Britannia Stadium.
    Former Rangers and Blackpool midfielder Adam was handed the No.16 in the Potters squad after he had put pen-to-paper on a four-year contract.

A Stoke statement on Edu read: "The signing of Edu from Rangers was rubber-stamped once the final formalities of his transfer were completed at lunchtime on Friday following a visit to the Border Agency for his visa application.
    "The club were subsequently given international clearance and both the FA and Premier League have cleared him for Wigan."

Uploads

Gers tie up Templeton deal

Winger makes move from Hearts
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 1:29am

David Templeton: Secured a late switch from Hearts to Rangers

Winger David Templeton has signed for Rangers after Hearts accepted a bid from the Ibrox club.
    Hearts confirmed Templeton had made the move but Ryan McGowan rejected a switch to the Third Division and opted to remain at Tynecastle.

Templeton has been with Hearts since 2007, making 81 appearances and scoring 11 goals.
    Rangers earlier loaned captain Carlos Bocanegra to Racing Santander for a season while Maurice Edu completed his move to Stoke.
    Gers manager Ally McCoist had been desperate to strengthen his squad as a 12-month transfer embargo comes into effect for Rangers on 1st September.

Uploads

Toffees await FIFA loan clearance

Odjidja-Ofoe's season-long deal includes option to buy
    Last Updated: September 1, 2012 1:42am

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe: FIFA clearance is expected on Monday

Everton are awaiting a FIFA rubber-stamp before being able to complete their sixth summer signing after agreeing a season-long loan for Club Bruges midfielder Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe with an option for a permanent deal.
    The transfer was agreed immediately prior to Friday's 11pm deadline, with paperwork submitted to the Premier League and Football Association.
    And Belgian international Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe could become Everton's final signing of what has been a busy summer in the market for the Goodison Park club.

Potential FIFA clearance is expected to take place after the weekend, when David Moyes' club would then be able to finalise the move.
    Odjidja-Ofoe's arrival would see the powerful midfielder link up with countrymen Marouane Fellaini and Kevin Mirallas on Merseyside.
    The 23-year-old began his career at Gent, moved to Anderlecht and joined Bruges from Bundesliga side Hamburg in 2009.

Uploads

Essien joins Real Madrid on loan

Chelsea have confirmed midfielder Michael Essien has joined Real Madrid on a season-long loan.

Michael Essien: Leaves Chelsea on loan

The Ghanaian was expected to move after being left out of his club's squad for their Super Cup defeat against Atletico Madrid on Friday night.
    Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo confirmed Essien was set to leave on loan but the Italian also ruled out the possibility of a move to Arsenal.
    Instead, the 29-year-old has moved to La Liga champions Real, where he will be reunited with former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.
    A statement on Chelsea's official website read: "Chelsea Football Club today (Friday) announces that Michael Essien has joined Real Madrid on a season-long loan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast