Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardsharing using MediaPortal HTPC (Win7) + PCI card

Uploads

Cardsharing using MediaPortal HTPC (Win7) + PCI card

Hi!
    I'm new to the forum and basically to the world of SAT as well. Up to now, I have used DVB-C in my HTPC, but I was getting tired of my cable provider since they remove channels constantly and I'm always without my football matches... Anyway, the same situation at my parents house. Today a local guy mounted a sat on their house, and set up cardsharing, now my parents have all the channels they need. They have received a very simple Optibox unit which is fine for them.

I will also do this in my flat, but I would like to use my existing HTPC that runs on Win7 and MediaPortal. I have a Terratec DVB-C HD card in it, and I wonder if it is possible to set up cardsharing using this HTPC if I add a let's say Technisat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD card and sign up for the same service my parents have. Is this card (or please recommend a better one if available, but low profile card) able to do the work for me? How do I set up Windows and MediaPortal to use the cardsharing server? Any guides for this? I do not want to buy a Dreambox since I already have an excellent HTPC.

Many thanks for your help and I hope it is possible to do!

Uploads

Re: Cardsharing using MediaPortal HTPC (Win7) + PCI card

Use openelec + tvheadend. Windows is wrong choice for HTPC. I use openelec + vdr + oscam and work great.

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by turbopower View Post
    Use openelec + tvheadend. Windows is wrong choice for HTPC. I use openelec + vdr + oscam and work great.
    I'm not 100% satisfied with Win7 for HTPC but I'm completely a Linux n00b, therefore I was always afraid do start with Linux, seeing how difficult is to set up properly a HTPC using Win.
    With the combination you have described, openelec + vdr + oscam, I will have a fully functional HTPC that is very stable, and is able to acces shares on my local network, play Live DVB-C and Cardsharing DVB-S2 as well?
    Do you have a link to a guide that describes how to set up this combination?

Anyway, using the above I understand correctly that it is easy and perfectly possible to have Cardsharing and it works great for watching and recording as well?
    Which DVB-S card would you recommend?

Uploads

Download from here instructions are inside in archive (because is over 200MB i attach the external link). I recommend SkyStar 2 eXpress HD (DVB-S2 PCI-Express) and motherboard ION2 bassed. Forget about DVB-C he is useless if you have DVB-S with cardsharing.

Uploads

Thanks! I'll check this out! Since I'm very n00b to Linux, can you please specify which file do I need to download and install?

SkyStar 2 eXpress HD is ideal for cardsharing? Will I have a very reliable and stable system?

Uploads

Hey Friend,

Go to openelec website and read the documentation after that you will be able to use right file from links.

Uploads

I will try the OpenElec with XBMC PVR today or tomorrow and see how does it works on my HTPC. I do have two questions, I hope you can help me:

1) is the OE PVR able to do normal TimeShifting for LiveTV (pause, rew, ff,)?
    2) with the SkyStar 2 eXpress HD card: you said it is working fine without any bugs for cardsharing. If there are different servers, is it able to change servers automatically if one fails and it needs to switch to another one? (I hope I have asked this correctly)
    3) any guide perhaps how cardsharing should be set up?

Thanx!

Uploads

I'll will give a try to Openelec (again), it looks very promising.

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by turbopower View Post
    I will be able to figure out how to do this on Win and MePo, but in case of Openelec I'm completely stuck.

I have a c-line to encrypt the channels I need. OK, but how to proceed from here?

I see most of the people are using tvheadend for LiveTV and not VDR. You have suggested VDR + Oscam. But do I need Oscam just to enter the c-line I have? Isn't it only needed as a server?

Could you please help me how to setup Openelec with tvheadend for a c-line, and perhaps VDR too, if possible? What should I install and where should I enter the c-line I have? Please consider me as a n00b in linux and openelec.

The best would be to be able to use both tvheadend and VDR too with a c-line, and I could choose which one I would like to use.

(I'm also desperately waiting for proper DiSEqC support for a rotor on any of these. For tvheadend I see that there is already a project for this and hopefully it will hit Master soon. In case of VDR I think it is already available, but possible to set up only via command line, no way I can figure that out.)

Your help is very much appreciated and thank you very much!

Uploads

Openelec contain tvheadend and oscam in plugin you are able to install it directly from remote. Oscam has DVB-Api that is supported from tvheadend so you need to setup tvheadend to use oscam no just for the server only. About rotor I thing rotor is supported but I am never tried it. In general install tvheadend install oscam default http port for tvheadend is 9981 for oscam 8888.

@xxxnelly just add this section to oscam.conf:

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    au = 1
    boxtype = pc
    user = tvh
    pmt_mode = 4
    request_mode = 1

and to oscam.user:

[account]
    user = tvh
    group = 1
    uniq = 0
    au = 1

TVheadend setup:
    Disable CWC entries, and add an entry to capmt with socket /tmp/camd.socket, "oscam mode" enabled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast