Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 03-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 03-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 03-09-2012

Neil Taylor out for the season

Swansea defender Neil Taylor will miss the rest of the season with a broken ankle.

Neil Taylor: Suffered fractured ankle against Sunderland

The 23-year-old full-back suffered the injury in the 20th minute of Saturday's draw with Sunderland, and was immediately taken to hospital.

3. Neil Taylor

Appearances 9 (0)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 1
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

The Wales international has since had surgery and it has been confirmed that he has broken and dislocated his ankle in three places.
    "The surgeons worked hard on Neil's injury last night and did a very good job," said Swansea's head physio Kate Rees on the club's official website.
    "He is comfortable and the surgeons are happy with the operation.

"While he should make a full recovery, the extent of the injury means Neil is likely to miss the rest of the season."
    Roberts, who joined the Swans from Wrexham last summer, had appeared in all three of the club's Premier League games this season, having enjoyed a successful debut season in the top flight.
    With Taylor injured, Wales manager Chris Coleman has now lost three of his first-choice starting XI ahead of the start of their World Cup qualifying campaign against Belgium on Friday.

Brighton midfielder Andrew Crofts joins Taylor on the sidelines after picking up an ankle injury while Cardiff striker Craig Bellamy is the third player to be withdrawn from the squad due to a calf injury.
    Bellamy's Cardiff team-mate Rob Earnshaw is the only person to have been called into the squad as cover.
    Coleman has already been hit hard by injury problems with Celtic's Joe Ledley (groin), Sunderland's David Vaughan (groin), Wolves keeper Wayne Hennessey (knee) and West Ham's Jack Collison (knee) all absent from his initial 23-man selection.

Uncapped Crystal Palace midfielder Jonathan Williams was included in the squad, as was Leicester's Andy King.
    Key trio Gareth Bale, Joe Allen and Aaron Ramsey are all available for the daunting clash with a Belgium squad including the likes of Vincent Kompany, Marouane Fellaini and Eden Hazard.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 03-09-2012

AVB: Lloris must fight for No 1 spot
    Last Updated: September 3 2012, 8:12 BST

Andre Villas-Boas has warned Hugo Lloris that he will have to battle hard to become Tottenham's number one after Brad Friedel prevented the Portuguese from suffering his second defeat in charge on Saturday.

Hugo Lloris: Joined Spurs on deadline day

Tottenham beat a host of Europe's top clubs to land Lloris in a 12million deal on deadline day.
    The 25-year-old, who has 38 France caps, was expected to oust Friedel as Villas-Boas' first-choice stopper, but the Portuguese admits he will not drop the former Blackburn goalkeeper if he maintains his current form.

The 41-year-old was named man of the match in Tottenham's 1-1 draw against Norwich on Saturday after pulling off three top-class saves to stop the Canaries from running riot at White Hart Lane.
    And Villas-Boas has told Lloris that he will have to fight hard to overcome some stiff competition in the form of Friedel, Heurelho Gomes and Carlo Cudicini.
    "When you transfer it's not written in the contract that you have to play," Villas-Boas said.
    "He has to compete against three good goalkeepers and at the moment Brad is doing extremely well. He deserves to be playing and he'll continue to do so."

One of Norwich's top performers on Saturday, Sebastien Bassong, was full of praise for his former team-mate.
    "'Uncle Brad' was magic, I've never doubted his quality. He is one of the best in the Premier League," Bassong said.
    "He's a terrific player and there's going to be a tough competition between him and Hugo.
    "They finished fourth last year and (Friedel) played a big part in that."
    Bassong was unlucky not to claim the man of the match award after he kept Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor quiet for most of the game in north London.

"I'm really delighted about my return to White Hart Lane. It was a bit emotional for me," the defender said.
    "I had a good relationship with the fans here so it was nice of them to give me a good reception.
    "I'm really happy for them. I owe them a lot and I want to thank them.
    "I played a full season in my first year here, and then I was struggling to play.
    "But that's in my past so I'm looking forward and I'm happy with how it's going at Norwich."
    The Cameroon international, who was sold by Villas-Boas for 3million last month, revealed he had told the Spurs boss that he would regret letting him go.

"When I left I said to him 'you'll buy me back one day'," Bassong said with a smile.
    "It was a bit of a joke. I've got a good relationship with him so I have a joke with him."
    Tottenham are likely to launch an appeal today against Tom Huddlestone's sending-off for a late sliding tackle on Jonny Howson in the 89th minute.

Uploads

Templeton puts Hearts behind him
    Last Updated: September 3 2012, 8:29 BST

David Templeton insists his time at Hearts is behind him now as he focuses on life with Rangers after the Edinburgh club fired a parting shot.

David Templeton claps the Rangers fans

The winger quit Tynecastle late on Friday night after sealing a move to Ibrox ahead of the transfer deadline.
    Hearts responded to the move by releasing a statement on their website questioning the player's attitude and suggesting he was motivated by money.
    The Jambos also claimed they had made a "huge effort" to extend Templeton's contract over the last 12 months and said he "rejected every one of our offers completely, regardless of terms".

Speaking after his debut in Sunday's 5-1 win over Elgin City, the player said: "Some of the stuff I don't agree with. They said about contracts for a year and I was only offered one contract there. I think they are just doing it to cover themselves.
    "I'm just looking forward to being here now. I was there for five-and-a-half years and while I was there I gave everything in every game no matter what.
    "That's what I'll do at every club I play for. I'm not going to stop trying because of anything. I'll give 100%.
    "It is a bit disappointing seeing that but I've just got to focus here now. That's behind me."

Templeton netted a double on Sunday and Lee McCulloch also claimed a brace after Dean Shiels cancelled out Jamie Duff's shock opener for Elgin.
    The former Hearts man knows some have questioned his ambition after quitting the Clydesdale Bank Premier League to drop down to the Irn-Bru Third Division with Rangers.
    Templeton said: "The response has been mixed. I've had some fans saying good luck and thanks for everything I did there.
    "Some fans have said I'm lacking in ambition and that I should have gone to England and stuff like that.
    "But I don't see it as a lack of ambition, I feel that I'm showing ambition by trying to get Rangers back to where they belong.
    "Hopefully we can do that as quickly as possible and get back to the SPL and back into Europe."

Rangers also held talks with Ryan McGowan on Friday night but the Australia international opted to remain at Hearts.
    Templeton said: "I was hoping he would sign because he's a really good player.
    "I've enjoyed playing with him and I get on really well with him. He's my closest friend through there so it would have been good if he came.
    "He had different reasons to stay and maybe he felt that his international career would have been helped by being there.
    "I was never there so I don't see it as having any influence on helping my international career at all.
    "I think he felt a bit rushed with it being last minute so it was his decision."

Uploads

Atletico Madrid striker Falcao is keen to play in the Premier League and has always 'loved' Chelsea
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 9:56am

Radamel Falcao: Atletico Madrid has always wanted to play in the Premier League and is a fan of Chelsea

Radamel Falcao's father says the Atletico Madrid striker 'has always wanted' to play in the Premier League and is a big fan of Chelsea.
    Radamel Falcao's father says the Atletico Madrid striker 'has always wanted' to play in the Premier League and is a big fan of Chelsea.
    The Colombia international is one of the most prolific forwards in world football and produced a devastating display in Atletico's Super Cup mauling of Chelsea on Friday night.

Falcao plundered a first-half hat-trick in the 4-1 victory in Monaco to demonstrate what Chelsea could be buying in the January transfer window.
    The former Porto hit-man's father, Radamel Garcia, has claimed that Chelsea are one of three clubs interested in his son and that a New Year move is a possibility.
    "Falcao has always wanted to play in the Premier League. Ever since he was a boy he has loved Chelsea and has always thought it would be an honour to play for a big Premier League team."

Radamel Garcia Quotes of the week

"Yes, it's very likely," Radamel Sr was quoted by the Colombian media, when asked if his son could move to the Premier League in January.
    "There are three teams interested - Manchester City, Chelsea and a Russian team.
    "Falcao has always wanted to play in the Premier League. Ever since he was a boy he has loved Chelsea and has always thought it would be an honour to play for a big Premier League team."

There have been reports in Colombia that Chelsea have already reached a pre-agreement to sign Falcao, but his father would not be drawn on the speculation.
    He added: "I don't want to talk about pre-agreements.
    "I spoke to Falcao yesterday. The release clause in his contract is about €55million (43.5m) but Falcao doesn't want to talk figures."

Uploads

Ronaldo reports dog Real

Claims that superstar forward is far from happy
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 9:29am

Cristiano Ronaldo: Met with Madrid president Florentino Perez

Reports in Spain claim that Cristiano Ronaldo has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez that he wants to quit the club.
    Every Spanish media outlet is in harmony over the Ronaldo story, insisting that the Portuguese had a meeting on Saturday with Perez, director general Jose Angel Sanchez and his agent Jorge Mendes.

It is reported that Ronaldo has made it clear to the club he is not happy, with Cadena Ser de Radio saying the main issue is a falling out within the squad between certain players and that he does not feel 'valued' by the club.
    And some sources also say that despite having three years left on his current contract, the former Manchester United superstar is shocked that no new deal has been offered to him.

The news broke after Ronaldo visibly failed to celebrate either of his two goals in Real's 3-0 win over Granada on Sunday.
    After the match Ronaldo confirmed that he was not happy - but refused to divuluge the reasons for this.
    Ronaldo is now due to link-up with Portugal this week for their World Cup qualifiers against Luxembourg and Azerbaijan.

Uploads

Kaka ready to battle

Brazilian still hoping for first-team chance
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 11:31am

Kaka: Wants chance to impress at Real Madrid

Kaka insists he is ready to battle his way back into the first-team picture at Real Madrid.
    The 30-year-old has struggled in recent years to recapture the form which saw him named European Footballer of the Year in 2007.
    He saw a possible move to former club AC Milan fail to materialise this summer and, despite being left out of recent squads by Jose Mourinho, he insists he is ready to fight for his place.

"It's as if I was starting again at 30, after having won everything I've won," the Brazilian told TV Globo.
    "I even ask myself, how much is all this effort worth it? Wouldn't it be better to go somewhere else or even another, less competitive league? Well, the answer has been 'yes, I still want this (Real Madrid)'.
    "I arrive before the other players, do separate training, practice with the squad. The only way I'm going to get another chance is training more than the others and that's what I've been doing.

"Little by little the fans lost their hopes but I haven't lost hope yet and I believe I can still do a lot of good things at this club."
    Kaka has also revealed that Mourinho has told him he will be allowed to compete for a starting spot.
    "We have a professional relationship, of mutual respect. I think that in a squad it's normal for a coach to trust one player more than another," he said.
    "(Mourinho) made it clear that if I stayed at the club he would respect me and I'd have the same opportunities as everyone."

Uploads

Fener reveal Meireles talks

Chelsea could sell Portuguese midfielder
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 11:41am

Raul Meireles: Wanted by Fenerbahce

Turkish giants Fenerbahce have revealed that they have opened negotiations with Chelsea over Raul Meireles.
    The 29-year-old arrived at Stamford Bridge just over 12 months ago when the Blues paid 12million to Liverpool to land his signature.
    Meireles has three years left on his current deal, but he appears to be surplus to the requirements of coach Roberto Di Matteo.

Fener have confirmed to the Turkish stock market that they are in talks with Chelsea over the Portuguese international, with the transfer window in Turkey staying open until later this week.
    "We have started discussions to transfer Chelsea Football Club player Raul Meireles to our club,"said the Fener statement.

Uploads

Seagulls express striker relief

Poyet pleased to still have Mackail-Smith on his books
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 12:21pm

Craig Mackail-Smith: Was the subject of interest from Norwich over the summer

Brighton boss Gus Poyet has expressed his relief at having kept Craig Mackail-Smith out of Norwich's clutches during the summer transfer window.
    The Canaries saw one offer for the Scotland international knocked back by the Seagulls, but kept them sweating on an improved bid right up until the deadline passed.

As it happens, no second approach materialised, allowing Poyet to rest a little easier on 1st September.
    There is, however, every chance that interest will be rekindled in January, especially if Mackail-Smith can build on a flying start to the season which has seen him net four times in as many appearances.
    On a nervy window for the Seagulls, Poyet revealed to The Argus: "It was very close.

"There was a moment when you get a phone call and someone tells you - I don't want to say who - they are going to do it and then you start to think 'Please no'.
    "There was that tension all the time. Probably at about six or seven o'clock we just decided we were not taking anything but we didn't get the call anyway then so we didn't have to make that decision."
    Value

Brighton paid Peterborough 2.5million for Mackail-Smith in 2011 and Poyet appreciates that it will be difficult to keep the 28-year-old away from the Premier League for long.
    "The problem is there is a value and it's very difficult to say no, especially to players like Macca," he said.
    "They want to play at the highest level so the easiest way for me as manager and the players is to get promoted together.
    "You need to let people have the chance to play in the Premier League so it's very difficult if they (Norwich) make a very, very good offer, to say no. I'm pleased that they didn't."

Uploads

De Rossi never discussed City

Blues did not table an official bid for Roma midfielder
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 4:05pm

Daniele De Rossi: Decided to commit himself to Roma by penning a new contract

Roma's chief executive Claudio Fenucci claims reports linking Daniele De Rossi with a summer switch to Manchester City were never discussed.
    A delay in the Italy international penning a new contract in the Italian capital only served to fuel speculation that he could be on his way to England.

City made no secret of their admiration for the combative midfielder, with Roberto Mancini refusing to rule out a deal being done when pressed on a regular basis on the likelihood of an agreement being reached.
    In the end De Rossi committed his future to Roma and revealed that leaving his home-town club was never an option.

Fenucci has now backed up those comments, insisting that no discussions were held with City or any representatives of the Premier League champions.
    "City were interested but there was no negotiation," he told Sky Sport Italia.
    Decision

"We have not heard about any proposals. We have never been looking to do a deal so the figures quoted have made no difference to us.
    "Daniele is a player different from many others, both on a technical level and what he can give to Roma in the next few years. If we were going to consider a sale, we would have had a lot to think about.

"We have looked to benefit the squad rather than make an economic decision. When you decide to take that route, even if an offer arrives you don't take it into consideration."
    Meanwhile, Roma have completed the signing of Uruguayan goalkeeper Mauro Goicoechea on a season-long loan.
    The 24-year-old arrives from Danubio for an initial fee of 100,000 euros, with a further 700,000 euros due in June 2013 should the Giallorossi wish to make the move permanent.

Uploads

Heskey ready for new club

Former Liverpool forward has been waiting for the right opportunity
    Last Updated: September 3, 2012 4:13pm

Emile Heskey: Has turned down offers but expects a new club soon

Former England striker Emile Heskey has declared himself "fit and hungry" and looking forward to finding a new club.
    The 34-year-old is a free agent after leaving Aston Villa and can therefore sign a deal even though the transfer window has closed.
    Heskey has turned down several offers as he waits for the right opportunity but admits he now cannot wait to get started.
    "I feel as fit and hungry as I have done in a long time and have been training everyday throughout the summer," said the veteran forward, who has 62 caps for England.

"As has been reported I did receive a number of offers during the transfer window but didn't feel like any of them were the right opportunity for me at that time.
    "I'm now looking forward to hopefully securing a new club over the coming days."
    Heskey is reported to be attracting interest from Stoke and Norwich as well as Primera Liga side Espanyol but may be holding out for a surprise offer from former club Liverpool.
    The Reds find themselves desperately short of strikers after they failed to replace Andy Carroll on transfer deadline day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast