Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 05-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 05-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 05-09-2012

Sydney hopeful on Del Piero

Aussie club willing to wait for Italian veteran
    Last Updated: September 5, 2012 8:47am

Alessandro Del Piero: Yet to sign a deal with Sydney but talks are ongoing

Sydney FC chief Tony Pignata remains optimistic of bringing Italy legend Alessandro Del Piero to the A-League club.
    The experienced forward had appeared poised to join the Australian side last week but the deal appeared to stall, with his agent claiming he is also in talks with Greek side Olympiakos.
    Several other clubs, including Liverpool, Southampton and Swiss side FC Sion, have been linked with the 37-year-old following his release by Juventus at the end of last season.

Pignata is still hopeful of signing the former Italy international, who spent 19 years in Turin ahead of his exit in May, but says a deal is yet to be done.
    He told the Italian media: "We are optimistic, but Del Piero hasn't given definitive assent and he hasn't signed yet.
    "Talks are still open. There are a few aspects to define. But Australia is ready to wait for Del Piero."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 05-09-2012

Movilla re-signs for Zaragoza

La Liga side re-sign midfielder on season-long deal

Jose Maria Movilla: Has returned to former club Real Zaragoza

Spanish midfielder Jose Maria Movilla has returned to former club Real Zaragoza until the end of the season.
    The 37-year-old, who won the Copa del Rey in 2004 during a three-year spell with the Blanquillos, was a free agent after leaving Rayo Vallecano in the summer.

Movilla played all 38 league games for Rayo as they secured their league status following promotion from the Segunda Division.
    The experienced midfielder returns to Zaragoza having also spent a stint at second tier side Murcia during his time away.

Uploads

Santos - No Utd bid for Neymar

Samba side rubbish reports linking in-demand striker with Red Devils
    Last Updated: September 5, 2012 9:19am

Neymar: Continues to attract plenty of interest from Europe's top clubs

Brazilian side Santos have rubbished reports suggesting that Manchester United tabled a big-money bid for Neymar on transfer deadline day.
    It has been suggested that the Premier League outfit put a 38million offer to Santos prior to the summer window slamming shut.
    Having missed out on Neymar's countryman Lucas Moura to Paris St Germain, Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly turned his attention to a player who has attracted interest from Europe's biggest clubs.

The 20-year-old Samba sensation has long been linked with a switch to Spain, with Primera Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona prepared to battle it out for his signature.
    United were understood to be hoping a late swoop would see their efforts pass under the radar, allowing them to wrap up a deal before rival clubs could offer a response.
    Not true

Santos, though, insist they were never contacted by United.
    The South American outfit have always maintained that they are happy for Neymar to remain in his homeland for as long as he wants, and he has offered no indication that he is looking to move on.
    On the bid rumours, Santos' football director Felipe Faro told Globo Esporte: "I have no idea where that came from, but it's not true."
    Neymar's father, Neymar Santos, has also sought to distance his son from the reports.
    He said, with tongue firmly in cheek: "Neymar was sold two years ago but we are still here."

Uploads

Allen comfortable with price tag
    Last Updated: September 5 2012, 7:55 BST

Joe Allen is embracing the pressure of his big-money move to Liverpool and is ready to use it to help Wales secure a place at the 2014 World Cup.

Joe Allen: Unfazed by valuation

Just a year ago the midfielder had yet to start a game for his country, but following his 15million move from Swansea to Anfield he is being mentioned in the same breath as Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey as key figures in Chris Coleman's side.

24. Joe Allen

Appearances 10 (1)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 1
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

Wales kick off their qualifying campaign against a star-studded Belgium side including the likes of Vincent Kompany, Mousa Dembele, Marouane Fellaini and Eden Hazard.
    If Wales are to start the campaign with three points the contributions of Bale, Ramsey and Allen will be crucial.
    And the 22-year-old is ready to rise to the challenge.
    He said: "There is a difference for me now. I think it's quite easy to see that. From my point of view, I'm looking forward to that level of pressure.

"You aspire to play at the highest levels and be the best player you can, and these are obviously the things that come with it.
    "You have to have massive belief, it has to border on arrogance at times. I think you can see the difference of a top player playing with belief or without it. That's something you have to cope with in football and something we strive to achieve."
    He added: "There is a new pressure, an added pressure that comes with situations like mine but I've had the experience of being part of the Olympics, which was a help in terms of starting this Premier League season.

"I said to myself that I'm going to approach this year the same as I've approached any other in my football career and give it everything I can, and at the end of the day say to myself: 'Have you given your best?' If you have, you can't do any more than that."
    Much of the focus in the build-up to the Cardiff City Stadium clash has been on the Premier League contingent in the Belgium line-up and, while Allen recognises the talent in the visitors' squad, he has warned that the quality Wales possess should not be underestimated.

"I think it's natural sometimes to focus on the opposition, the players they've got and the stars they've got in their team," he said.
    "But I think it's important sometimes to remember the talent and ability that we've got in our team.
    "I think it's been well documented, especially over the summer, the players they've got in there and the transfer fees they've commanded. We'll all have to make sure that we're on our toes because it's going to be a very tough encounter."

Uploads

Mbia was asked to leave Marseille
    Last Updated: September 5 2012, 8:59 BST

New Queens Park Rangers signing Stephane Mbia has revealed he did not want to leave Marseille but was asked to go to reduce the wage bill.

Stephane Mbia: Was happy at Marseille

The versatile Cameroon international became QPR's 12th signing of a busy summer when he arrived on a two-year contract on deadline day.

15 Norwich 2
    16 Reading 1
    17 A Villa 1
    18 Liverpool 1
    19 QPR 1
    20 Southamptn 0

• last updated 02/09 17:58

Mbia expressed his delight at the switch after putting pen to paper, insisting it had always been a dream to play in the Premier League and that he was excited by QPR's ambition.
    However, he has also now admitted that he was reluctant to leave Marseille after three enjoyable seasons with the French club.

The 26-year-old was made to realise that he had no option but to head away from Marseille due to their financial situation.
    "I didn't want to go but the owner of the club made me understand I had to leave," Mbia said in The Sun.
    "The wage bill had to be reduced and certain players had to go."

Uploads

No Man Utd bid for Neymar
    Last Updated: September 5 2012, 8:45 BST

Brazilian side Santos have rubbished reports suggesting Manchester United tabled a big-money bid for Neymar on transfer deadline day.

Neymar: Linked with Manchester United

It has been suggested that the Old Trafford outfit put a 38million offer to Santos prior to the summer window shutting.
    Having missed out on Neymar's countryman Lucas Moura to Paris St Germain earlier in the window, Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly turned his attention to a player who has attracted interest from Europe's biggest clubs.

The 20-year-old Samba sensation has long been linked with a switch to Spain, with Primera Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona prepared to battle it out for his signature.
    Santos, though, insist they were never contacted by United with football director Felipe Faro telling Globo Esporte: "I have no idea where that came from, but it's not true."

Neymar's father, Neymar Santos, has also sought to distance his son from the reports. He said, with tongue firmly in cheek: "Neymar was sold two years ago but we are still here."

Uploads

Espanyol deny Heskey interest

La Liga club not targeting free agent striker
    Last Updated: September 5, 2012 10:33am

Emile Heskey: Not on Espanyol's radar, according to their sporting director

Espanyol's sporting director Ramon Planes has denied the club are interested in signing former England striker Emile Heskey on a free transfer.
    Heskey is without a club following his release from Aston Villa at the end of last season and is thought to be on the radar of several sides.
    But Planes insists the Periquitos are not targeting the 34-year-old, who has also been linked with Liverpool, Stoke and Norwich.

The Espanyol chief told Catalan newspaper Sport: "I know about the rumours in the papers but we are not interested in Heskey or any other footballer.
    "The squad is closed and the coach has not demanded any more players.
    "Espanyol have a mix of experience and youth this season and that is sufficient to obtain our objectives."

Uploads

New Blues deal for Bertrand

Chelsea man handed long-term contract until 2017
    Last Updated: September 5, 2012 11:42am

Ryan Bertrand: Signed a new deal to stay at Stamford Bridge for another five years

Chelsea have announced that Ryan Bertrand has put pen to paper on a new five-year contract to commit his future to the club until 2017.
    Bertrand has been with the Blues since 2005 and has always been regarded as an exciting prospect, but he has had to wait patiently for first-team opportunities.

The presence of Ashley Cole at left-back has allowed him to develop away from the limelight at Stamford Bridge, with loan spells taken in at several lower league clubs.
    As well as playing for Chelsea's youth and reserve teams, Bertrand has spent time out at Bournemouth, Oldham, Norwich, Reading and Nottingham Forest.
    Big break

He eventually made his Chelsea debut as a substitute against Birmingham in April 2011, and gradually became more involved last season.
    Bertrand, now 23, got his big break at the Allianz Arena in May when he was selected from the start in the victorious UEFA Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

He operated in a more advanced role in front of Cole and Roberto Di Matteo has clearly been impressed by his progression, as he has continued to pick the 23-year-old as an attacking option at the start of the current campaign.
    Bertrand also played for Great Britain at the Olympics and has now been rewarded for all his good work with a new deal that ties him into Chelsea's long-term project.

Uploads

Henriquez seals Man Utd move
    Last Updated: September 5 2012, 16:33 BST

Manchester United have completed the signing of Angelo Henriquez and the Chile Under-23 striker has now joined from Universidad de Chile for an undisclosed fee.

Angelo Henriquez: Joins Man Utd
    The 18-year-old underwent a medical with the Red Devils last month and was granted a work permit.
    "Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far," manager Sir Alex Ferguson told manutd.com.
    "His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age.
    "We have a proud record of developing young talent and Angelo fits the profile of a United player - skilful, attacking and someone who plays the game with real flair."

The player admits he is honoured to be moving to Old Trafford.
    "I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. Manchester United is a great team and has a great manager," he said.
    "To be able to be part of that is a huge honour and I can't wait to get started.
    "I hope I can be part of many successful years with United."

Uploads

Owen given Stoke clearance
    Last Updated: September 5 2012, 16:19 BST

Michael Owen has been cleared to play for new club Stoke following a decision from the Premier League to approve his inclusion in the Potters' 25-man squad.

Michael Owen: Cleared to play for Stoke
    The England international was a free agent following his release from Manchester United at the end of last season and has agreed a one-year pay-as-you-play deal at the Britannia Stadium.
    Owen, 32, was unveiled as Stoke manager Tony Pulis' seventh summer signing but both the player and the club were made to sweat on a decision from the Premier League to confirm his eligibility.

The deal was announced by the club on Tuesday but remained subject to confirmation that the Potters submitted the relevant paperwork prior to the 4pm deadline for the player to be signed on a free agent basis.
    The uncertainty meant the Premier League were only able to release the official 25-man squads for 19 of the 20 clubs.
    But now a decision has been made and Owen will be available for selection ahead of Stoke's next Barclays Premier League fixture, which sees champions Manchester City visit the Britannia Stadium.

Forward Owen, who has also played for Real Madrid and Newcastle, was linked with a return to former side Liverpool as a solution to their goalscoring worries.
    But it is Pulis who has signed Owen on a performance-related contract following the arrivals of Jamie Ness, Geoff Cameron, Michael Kightly, Maurice Edu, Charlie Adam and Steven N'Zonzi at the club over the course of a busy summer.
    A Premier League statement read: "The Premier League board has confirmed to Stoke City the registration of Michael Owen. Consequently he can be included in their 25-man playing squad."

Owen confirmed the news himself on Twitter moments before the club posted the decision on their official website.
    His Tweet read: "It's official! Deal done. I'm a Stoke player. Can't wait to get going."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast