Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 06-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 06-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 06-09-2012

Sagna's Arsenal frustration

Arsenal full-back hits out in explosive interview in France
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 10:39am

Bacary Sagna: French defender not happy with Arsenal sales

Bacary Sagna has admitted he is yet to talk to the club about a new contract, whilst also admitting that he does not understand why they sold Alex Song.
    The 29-year-old full-back, who is nearing a return from injury after suffering a broken leg at the end of last season, has spoken to the French press about Arsenal - and he appears far from impressed.

Sagna has revealed he is worried about what is happening at the Emirates, and admits that he now expects the club to sell players every summer as he has seen this happen throughout his time in north London.
    "At Arsenal you come back after holidays, you make preparations, and you see two players leave and the season resumes - it has been like that since I have been at the club. I am used to it now"

Bacary Sagna Quotes of the week

In an interview that is sure to worry many Arsenal fans, Sagna admitted to l'Equipe: "I expected the departure of Robin van Persie. We all expected it. It was 'obvious'.
    "But the Alex one, it was a surprise! He is 24 years old, he has three years remaining on his contract. I still do not understand. It is huge loss for the club.
    "When you see the two best players of last season leave, you have a lot of questions. Sometimes in the street the fans talk to me. I can understand they are upset. I am just like them, I don't understand everything.

"At Arsenal you come back after holidays, you make preparations, and you see two players leave and the season resumes - it has been like that since I have been at the club. I am used to it now.
    "I am the last player from the 2007 starting XI remaining. In May, I watched Manchester City show off. I watched at Samir [Nasri] and Gael [Clichy] lifting the trophy.
    "That gave me desire for it. Were they right to leave? Yes. But when they left, we didn't know."
    Contract

Sagna then admitted that his own situation is far from certain, revealing his contract is up in 2014 - something Arsenal would never confirm publicly.
    "My own situation? At the end of the season, I will have one year remaining," he said, insisting that nobody from the club has been in touch.
    "Has the club contacted me about an extension? No, no one."
    He even refused to rule out the prospect of leaving, adding: "Could I be tempted to leave? I just want to play again and be good again with Arsenal so far.

"Then, we will see. Each person has his own destiny."
    On his fitness situation, Sagna revealed that he is close to playing again.
    "One week ago I resumed training with ball. I hoped to be back just after international break, but it will be too close," he said.
    "I missed have missed four months twice [in the last year], so I need to be perfectly fit."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 06-09-2012

Damiao reveals offer

Striker happy to stay put
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 8:46am

Leandro Damiao: Had offer to leave Brazil

Leandro Damiao has confirmed that he had a 'very good' offer to leave Brazil, but is more than happy to stay at Internacional.
    The Brazilian striker is one of the most in-demand players outside of Europe and his reputation was enhanced as he top-scored at the 2012 Olympic football tournament.

Tottenham have made numerous bids for the 23-year-old over the past two years, but recent weeks have seen Manchester United also linked along with Inter Milan and Real Madrid.
    Internacional president Giovanni Luigi insisted throughout the summer, and he reiterated it this week, that the club was not looking to sell and would only do so if somebody met his buy-out clause which is over 40million.

The player has now admitted that he did have an offer on the table to leave Inter - but he would not reveal the club in question.
    "The value of the offer was very good for me and for Internacional," he revealed to BandSports.
    "But it didn't happen. I think Giovanni Luigi is a great president and he knows what he's doing.
    "I'm very happy to be playing in Brazil. I'll certainly leave at some point for sure, but not today."

Uploads

Lewandowski in no rush

Polish star happy to wait to decide on his future
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 9:33am

Robert Lewandowski: Borussia Dortmund striker has an open mind about his future

Borussia Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski insists that he is in no hurry to make a decision on his future.
    The 24-year-old Poland international is one of the most sought after strikers in European football, and was strongly linked with a move to England this summer.

Lewandowski remains coy over his future, insisting he is no rush to decide his next move.
    "I have two years left on my contract, and this is a long time," he told Bild.
    Focus

"I do not need to make a decision today. Not if I am to stay on, not if I am to leave. There is no decision time-limit for me.
    "I do not know what will happen at the end of this season. I do not rule anything out. I think ruling out something would not be professional behaviour.
    "But my main focus at this point in time is my progress and the progress of Borussia Dortmund."

Bayern Munich have been linked with a shock move for Lewandowski and the forward admits he would have to consider any approach from the powerhouses of German football.
    "If there is an enquiry (from Bayern Munich) it is always something of interest for me. You simply have to look into it. It is such a big club in Bundesliga," he added.

Uploads

Everton defender Leighton Baines in dark over Manchester United's reported interest
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 10:11am

Leighton Baines: Everton defender was linked with a move to Manchester United over the summer

Everton defender Leighton Baines claims he heard nothing from Manchester United over the summer despite being continually linked with the club.
    The England left-back has long been tipped for a move to Old Trafford but was still a Toffees player when the latest transfer window closed last week.

Reports suggest Sir Alex Ferguson made tentative enquiries over the 27-year-old earlier in the window before being put off by Everton's asking price.
    But Baines insists he was in the dark over United's apparent interest and does not believe the speculation held much weight.
    Puzzled

"It was getting mentioned that often that I was getting puzzled by it and yet Id heard nothing. As far as I knew, there was not a great deal in it."
    Leighton Baines Quotes of the week
    He said: "People were asking me and yet I didn't know anything. It was getting mentioned that often that I was getting puzzled by it and yet I'd heard nothing.

"As far as I knew, there was not a great deal in it."
    While Baines remains happy at Goodison Park, the defender admits his ambitious nature means a spot in Europe and silverware is on his wishlist with Everton.

He said: "I've never been one to rock the boat. I appreciate the position I'm in in life and I love what I do.
    "At the same time you do have to have that ambition because it doesn't last long and before you know it it'll be over.
    "The ambition for Everton is to finish as high as we can and if we can build on what we've done so far we have a chance of getting back towards European football.

"The main thing in football at club level is the Champions League which is always going to be an aim and if you can do that it strengthens your chances at international level as well.
    "That's one of the main ambitions and obviously to win a trophy at some point. We lost in a cup final a few years ago [the 2009 FA Cup final to Chelsea] and lost in a semi-final to Liverpool [FA Cup lst season] so we know it's not beyond us."
    Bright start

The Toffees have started the season brightly, taking six points from their opening three games, and Baines believes manager David Moyes' achievement of keeping his key players on Merseyside over the summer could be important this term.
    "Over the last few seasons, we've tended to lose one of our assets each summer, whether it be Joleon [Lescott], Mikel Arteta when he left, Steven Pienaar,'' he added.
    "This season we've not only managed to keep the squad together but added really good players.''

Uploads

Nouioui hits back at Levante

Celtic new boy claims to have never agreed move to Spanish side
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 10:37am

Lassed Nouioui: Has penned a two-year contract at Parkhead

Celtic new boy Lassed Nouioui has hit back at Levante over claims that he tricked the Primera Liga outfit into believing he would sign for them.
    The Tunisian striker has signed a two-year contract with the Bhoys after leaving Deportivo La Coruna.
    He did have the option of staying in Spain, with Levante of the opinion that they had an agreement in place.

They are now threatening to take legal action in an effort to gain compensation.
    Nouioui, though, insists he never agreed to join Levante and has blamed his former agent for any misunderstanding.
    Preferred choice

He said: "I was never interested in playing for Levante. My former agent, (Karim) Akill, is culpable here.
    "I worked with him for seven years but in this case a move to Levante wasn't authorised. I'd no hesitation, I wanted to sign for Celtic.
    "Levante was an option but not my preferred choice. I spoke to one of their directors but only about football.
    "After that, Karim didn't speak to me about going there.
    "I'm now a Celtic player and that is all that matters. I never once agreed to go to Levante."

Uploads

Arsenal failed in move for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa because he wanted to join AC Milan
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 11:34am

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa: The centre-back was also this summer linked with a move to Newcastle United

Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa claims he snubbed a summer approach from Arsenal because he wanted to move to AC Milan.
    The defender was reported to have been the subject of a 6million (4.75m) bid from Italian giants Milan and he had set his heart on a move to Italy.

Arsenal's supposed enquiry to Yanga-Mbiwa, who was also linked with Newcastle United after leading Montpellier to the French title, was therefore unsuccessful.
    But the centre-back's exit to Milan was also blocked by long-standing Montpellier chairman Louis Nicollin despite an apparent understanding over a potential departure.

Yanga-Mbiwa, who could now extend his Montpellier contract, said in L'Equipe: "The chairman told me I have an agreement to leave.
    "AC Milan came for me. But the chairman refused the offer. So I understood it would be difficult.
    "Arsenal came to make an attempt. But I was focused on something else. I was disappointed when I understood it could not be sorted out with Milan.
    "The chairman is our boss, our godfather, the one who educated us and gave us an opportunity. We have to show respect."

Uploads

Blues agree Lita deal

Striker seals loan move from Swansea
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 11:37am

Leroy Lita: Swansea striker has agreed emergency loan deal with Birmingham

Birmingham City have confirmed they have agreed a deal to sign Leroy Lita from Swansea City.
    The 27-year-old has already passed his medical and put pen to paper, but his three-month emergency loan cannot go through until the loan window re-opens on Saturday.

Lita, though, is delighted to have agreed the move - which comes little over 12 months after he moved to South Wales from Middlesbrough in a 1.75million deal.
    Blues boss Lee Clark told his club's official website: "I know Leroy very well having worked with him at Norwich during a loan spell in which he scored seven goals in 16 games.
    "He's a proven goalscorer who has power and pace and there's no doubt that he'll add quality to my squad."

Uploads

Leicester teenager Pier Larrauri joins Mexican side CF Pachuca on season-long loan
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 11:48am

Leicester have agreed to loan teenage forward Pier Larrauri to Mexican club CF Pachuca on a season-long deal, subject to international clearance.
    The Peruvian, who signed his first professional contract with the Foxes last summer, heads to Mexico to experience competitive first-team football for the first time in his fledgling career.

The 18-year-old joined Leicester's academy just over a year ago and has been a regular in the development squad.
    Pachuca, currently managed by legendary Mexico and Real Madrid striker Hugo Sanchez, have won the Mexican title on five occasions and are three-time winners of the CONCACAF Champions League.

Uploads

Viola demand Berbatov money
    Last Updated: September 6 2012, 10:01 BST

Dimitar Berbatov's agent is facing a demand to repay Fiorentina money they spent in trying to secure the striker's signature this summer.

Dimitar Berbatov: Turned down Fiorentina

9. Dimitar Berbatov

Appearances 0 (1)
    Goals 0
    Assists 0
    Yellows 0
    Reds 0
    *Current Season

The Viola were still fuming on Wednesday after being snubbed by Berbatov during the transfer window, which saw the 31-year-old join Fulham from Manchester United.
    The Serie A side claimed last week they had paid for Berbatov and his agent to fly to Italy on transfer deadline day before being gazumped, declaring their actions proved the player was not worthy to wear the club's shirt.
    Fiorentina sporting director Daniel Prade has revealed he will pursue Emil Dantchev for the cost of the duo's airline tickets and other expenses.
    "Berbatov? The final lines of our press statement are just my thoughts," Prade told Radio Blu.

"I'm glad that he did not arrive. We will request to his agent the money we paid for their flight to come to Florence, 100%."
    Meanwhile, Press Association Sport understands Zdenek Grygera will be given the chance to prove he is worthy of a place in Fulham's Barclays Premier League squad for the first half of the season, despite being omitted from their original submission.
    Czech defender Grygera has remained with the Cottagers since his contract expired this summer as he continues his recovery from the serious cruciate ligament injury he suffered last season.

Manager Martin Jol was last month still deciding whether to offer the 32-year-old a new deal, which would automatically see him added to Fulham's squad because the club registered fewer than 25 players on Tuesday.

Uploads

Schalke star Kyriakos Papadopoulos set to sign new deal and snub transfer
    Last Updated: September 6, 2012 2:40pm

Kyriakos Papadopoulos: The defender was linked with Zenit St Petersburg and AC Milan

Schalke star Kyriakos Papadopoulos is confident he is making the correct decision in staying at the club as he looks set to sign a contract extension.
    The Greece defender had in the summer been linked with Zenit St Petersburg and AC Milan after helping his Bundesliga club qualify for the UEFA Champions League.

But a move did not materialise and now Papadopoulos appears to be on the brink of signing a one-year extension to his current Schalke deal, which is presently set to expire in June 2015.
    He told Kicker: "The people of Schalke trust in me. It is great to see the supporters celebrate us and the team having great success.
    "I am really enjoying my time at Schalke and I am very confident staying on at the club has been the best decision."

Schalke, who were drawn in the same group as Arsenal for the Champions League, are also confident Papadopoulos is about to commit his future.
    Clemens Tonnies, the club's chairman of the board, told Sport1: "Kyriakos Papadopoulos will go on to be a player of Schalke for a long, long time. He will sign a new contract."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast