Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 08-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 08-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 08-09-2012

AC Milan defender Philippe Mexes never thought about a summer transfer

Philippe Mexes: The France defender was linked with a summer move away from AC Milan

Philippe Mexes insists he 'never thought about' leaving AC Milan in the summer transfer window.
    The French defender, who has suffered with fitness problems and has missed the first games of this season, was linked with a move away from the San Siro.

But former Roma man Mexes remains at Milan and could now be set for a key season following the departures of Thiago Silva and Alessandro Nesta.
    "I heard a lot of false things said about me but the important factor is that I am still here," he told Sky Sport Italia. "I never thought about going elsewhere.
    "I want to show the fans just how attached I am to this shirt and I have always worked hard to get back into action as soon as possible."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 08-09-2012

Fulham eye Greek star

Free agent Karagounis attracts Jol's interest

Giorgos Karagounis: Attracting interest from Fulham as a free agent

Sky Sports understands Fulham are weighing up a move for Greek international Giorgos Karagounis.
    Karagounis is available on a free transfer and therefore able to sign for a club outside the transfer window.
    The experienced midfielder is looking for a new club after leaving Panathinaikos earlier this summer.
    Fulham boss Martin Jol is keen to bolster his midfield options after seeing key figures Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey leave the club last month.

Jol is short of options in midfield after also allowing Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu to leave for Blackburn earlier this summer.
    Karagounis has a wealth of experience having won over 100 caps for Greece, helping them win Euro 2004, and counts Inter Milan and Benfica among his former clubs.
    A number of clubs are thought to be keen on signing Karagounis, but Fulham are giving serious consideration to offering him a deal at Craven Cottage.

Uploads

Kean given mixed signals

Rovers boss claims full-back told him he was happy to stay

Martin Olsson: Was said to be keen on securing a summer switch away from Ewood Park

Steve Kean claims to have been given 'mixed signals' regarding Martin Olsson's future at Blackburn, but insists the defender has not been unsettled.
    It appeared as though the Sweden international wanted out of Ewood Park following relegation into the Championship, something he confirmed during an interview in his homeland on Thursday.

Kean, though, has refuted any suggestion that Rovers knocked back bids for the 24-year-old and is blaming the uncertainty on meddling representatives.
    He says Olsson expressed commitment to the collective cause during summer discussions with the full-back and is confident he will have no problem slipping back into the side once he has returned to full fitness following major groin surgery.

"We had no bids on Friday (deadline day) for Martin and we are glad of that," Kean told the Lancashire Telegraph.
    "He is not 100 per cent fit, even though he has been away with Sweden. It has been a long time since he has played but he is still here and we are delighted about that.
    Agents

"We were getting mixed signals. I spoke to Martin many times and he said he wanted to get back in the team, then you have agents or agents on behalf of other agents saying his agent had told them he was desperate to get away.
    "You can only speak with the player and when they tell you they want to get their head down and stay at the club, then that is good news."
    Kean has also expressed his concern at Sweden's decision to include an unfit Olsson in their squad for the start of 2014 World Cup qualifying.
    He added: "We are very frustrated that Martin went away with Sweden. We contacted them and said we did not think he was in a physical state. He was technically fit but had not played any minutes.
    "We asked if he could stay at the club and build back into some training and they were adamant they wanted him over.
    "If he was pushed into a game it could push him into an injury. He is getting over a groin injury we had to be careful with. We asked if he could stay, they said no."

Uploads

Hatters loan swap for Robinson

Robinson: Heading to Kenilworth Road

Northampton striker Jake Robinson has agreed to join Blue Square Bet Premier side Luton on a one-month loan.
    The 25-year-old, who arrived from Shrewsbury in the summer of 2011, has made 35 appearances for the Cobblers, scoring once.
    That goal came in midweek when Northampton produced a surprise 1-0 home win over MK Dons of League One in the first round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Boss Aidy Boothroyd said: "This is a good opportunity for Jake.
    "It will give him the chance to play regular football and he hasn't had that opportunity here.
    "It is in the best interests of all parties that he plays regularly and we wish him well."

Uploads

Anderlecht defender Cheikhou Kouyate says he could have joined Arsenal

Cheikhou Kouyate: Says he had the chance to join Arsenal in the summer

Cheikhou Kouyate has revealed that he had contact with Arsene Wenger during the summer before deciding to stay at Anderlecht.
    Kouyate enjoyed a superb season with Anderlecht in the Belgian league last term and is looking forward to their upcoming UEFA Champions League campaign.

He says the prospect of a European adventure with the club where he is so adored by the supporters convinced him not to leave.
    The Senegalese defender had been linked with a number of high-profile European clubs during the transfer window, and says he could have made the move to Emirates Stadium.

"The fans of Anderlecht asked me to stay for the club and they showed me their appreciation," Kouyate told the African press.
    "Qualifying for the Champions League was also very important for me, because without that I think I should have been in London where I had a good contact with Arsene Wenger and Arsenal."

Uploads

Everton loan of Club Brugge's Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe blocked by FIFA

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe: Everton insist they had full support from the Football Association and Premier League

Everton are considering their options after FIFA refused to ratify the loan of Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe from Club Brugge.
    The Premier League club initially announced a deal was in place late on last Friday's transfer deadline day and insisted all the necessary paperwork was submitted.

But the move for Belgian international Odjidja-Ofoe, which also included a permanent option, required clearance from football's world governing body, FIFA.
    This has not been granted and Everton are now taking their time to assess their next step regarding the situation before making any additional comments.

A statement on their official website on Friday night read: "FIFA have today refused to ratify the loan transfer of Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe to Everton from Club Brugge.
    "The decision comes despite both the Football Association and Premier League giving their full support to the loan agreement and Everton lodging the relevant signed paperwork in advance of the international transfer deadline on August 31.
    "An Everton spokesman confirmed the club will consider all available options before making any further comment."

Uploads

Everton Odjidja-Ofoe move thwarted
    Last Updated: September 8 2012, 1:59 BST

FIFA have refused to ratify the loan transfer of Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe to Everton from Club Brugge.

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe: Everton move not approved
    The Toffees agreed a late deal a week ago and believed the required documentation had been submitted just before last Friday's 11pm deadline.
    However, the move required the green light from world football's governing body and a week later FIFA have decided not to rubber-stamp the deal for the 23-year-old midfielder.

Everton said in a statement on the club's official website: "The decision comes despite both the Football Association and Premier League giving their full support to the loan agreement and Everton lodging the relevant signed paperwork in advance of the international transfer deadline on August 31."
    Everton confirmed the club will consider "all available options" before discussing the issue further.

Uploads

Malouda offered Lyon lifeline

French club keep door open for former star
    Last Updated: September 8, 2012 11:22am

Florent Malouda: Could be set for a return to former club Lyon after finding himself out of favour at Chelsea

Lyon have hinted they are ready to offer Chelsea outcast Florent Malouda a way out of Stamford Bridge.
    Malouda has been deemed surplus to requirements in Roberto Di Matteo's plans and has been left out of Chelsea's Champions League squad.
    The France international also claims he has been forced to train with the club's kids after slipping down the pecking order in the Chelsea first team.

Malouda left Lyon for Chelsea in 2007 and the French club's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, claims the door is open for Malouda to return to Stade Gerland.
    "Our door is always open to former players," said Aulas. "Malouda has been in contact with our coaching team very recently.
    "We've also spoken with Jeremy Toulalan who has been having problems at Malaga."

Uploads

Newcastle and Everton transfer target Harry Maguire wants Blades stay
    Last Updated: September 8, 2012 11:23am

Harry Maguire: The centre-back has been linked with a move away from Bramall Lane

Harry Maguire has pledged his future to Sheffield United for at least the next five years after outlining his dream of playing for his hometown club in the Premier League.
    The 19-year-old centre-back has been linked with Newcastle United, Fulham and Everton in the past but he has no interest in leaving Bramall Lane.

Maguire has three years left on his current contract and has indicated he would be happy to stay beyond 2015 if that is required to get the League One Blades into the top flight.
    He said ahead of Saturday's match at Scunthorpe: "My future's with Sheffield United.
    "I look forward to being here three, four or five years, if it takes us that long to get back in the Premier League.

"I'm willing to stick it out that long.
    "I'm contracted for three years but I'm happy to wait five to get to the Premier League. We're looking at the future. This is a huge club."
    Maguire was a first-team member of the Sheffield United side who last season lost on penalties to Huddersfield Town in the League One play-off final.

Uploads

Aldershot Town striker Guy Madjo has joined Plymouth Argyle on a month's loan
    Last Updated: September 8, 2012 11:29am

Guy Madjo: Aldershot Town striker has joined Plymouth Argyle on a month's loan

Plymouth Argyle have snapped up striker Guy Madjo on an emergency month-long loan deal from League Two rivals Aldershot Town.
    Madjo joined the Shots in January after a disappointing spell at Stevenage and he scored eight goals in the second half of last season.
    However, he has only featured as a substitute so far this term and Aldershot boss Dean Holdsworth has allowed the 28-year-old to join Plymouth in order to free up space in his own squad.

Holdsworth told his club's official website: "This is a move that suits both Guy and the club. I need to generate some finances to bring in at least one player in the loan window.
    "Guy will be able to get more minutes on the pitch which he needs at this moment in time. If he comes back in the sort of form that he was in when he joined the club I will be delighted."
    Madjo signed in time to feature in Plymouth's local derby against Torquay United on Saturday and he is eligible for the club's next seven games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast