Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 09-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 09-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 09-09-2012

Arsene Wenger says Johan Djourou is still part of his plans at Arsenal
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 9:42am

Johan Djourou: Arsenal defender is still part of Arsene Wenger's plans at Emirates Stadium

Arsene Wenger says Johan Djourou is still part of his plans at Arsenal after the defender was linked with a summer move away from the club.
    Djourou started only 14 games in the Premier League last season and he has yet to feature in the opening three matches of the current campaign.
    Reports claimed that the Switzerland international was looking to secure a move to Italy in search of regular football and he was linked with a switch to Napoli.

However, nothing materialised before the close of the transfer window and Wenger is happy that the 25-year-old is still at Emirates Stadium.
    "I didn't let Djourou leave as I love him as a player, and he loves the club," the Arsenal boss is quoted in The Sun Sunday.
    Djourou has made over 140 appearances during his Arsenal career and faces competition from Per Mertesacker, Thomas Vermaelen and Laurent Koscielny for a centre-half spot.

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 09-09-2012

Swansea City defender Ashley Williams is not worrying about a new contract
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 10:11am

Ashley Williams: Swansea City defender is happy and is in no rush to sign a new contract

Swansea City defender Ashley Williams says there is no pressure to sign a new contract after insisting he is happy at the Liberty Stadium.
    The Wales international enjoyed an impressive debut season in the Premier League and he was linked with a move to Newcastle United over the summer.
    Williams only signed a three-year extension to his contract 12 months ago, but reports have suggested Swansea want to offer the centre-half a new four-year deal.

The 28-year-old is happy to be wanted in South Wales, but has stressed there is no rush to reach an agreement over fresh terms.
    "It's a boost and always nice to be wanted," said Williams in the Sun Sunday. "It is early days and we haven't got down to talking about it.
    "But there's no rush as Swansea know me. I've been here five years and they know I'm not bothered about contracts. I just get on with the job.
    "How could I not be happy at the minute? It's been a great start, in fact perfect. I'm captain and I'm enjoying it.
    "If the contract is right for me to sign now, then I'll sign it. If it's not, then I won't sign it. It's no big deal or pressure. I may sign it in the future. At the minute I'm happy."

Uploads

Ian Holloway will not let Tom Ince leave Blackpool for 5million
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 10:25am

Tom Ince: Blackpool midfielder will not be leaving for the Premier League on the cheap, according to Ian Holloway

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway has told Premier League clubs they have no chance of snaring starlet Tom Ince on the cheap.
    Ince was let go by Liverpool in 2011 without a top-flight appearance to his name but has since flourished at Blackpool, hitting 16 goals in 29 games last season and four in five so far this term.

The Seasiders are reported to have rebuffed a 4million bid from Newcastle for the 20-year-old but, though further approaches are expected in the January window, Holloway has fired an early warning.
    "I heard this week that my brilliant Blackpool youngster Tom Ince will be heading for the Premier League in January," the Blackpool boss wrote in his Sunday Mirror column.
    "That might just happen if he maintains the incredible standards he has set in the first few weeks of the season ... but not for the 5m fee being quoted.

"I'm not going to say how much interested clubs will have to come up with if they are to prise one of my best players away. But I did note that Liverpool have just paid 15m to Swansea for Joe Allen.

"My chairman showed in the way he dismissed below-market-value bids for Matt Phillips this summer that Blackpool won't allow bigger clubs to take liberties with us.
    "We've got money in the bank following our season in the Premier League and subsequent trip to the Championship play-off finals so we don't need to let our top performers leave on the cheap."

Uploads

West Brom midfielder Scott Allan is hoping to go out on loan
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 11:19am

Scott Allan: West Brom midfielder hopes to go out on loan after a move to Crystal Palace didn't materialise

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Scott Allan is hoping to shortly secure a loan move after seeing a previous switch to Crystal Palace fall through.
    Allan has yet to make his debut for West Brom since joining in January from Dundee United, but made 15 appearances on loan at Portsmouth last season.

He was a target for Palace before the transfer window closed and the Scotland Under 21 international is now waiting to see what opportunities arise in his search for first-team football.
    "I'm hoping to get out on loan to get first-team football," said Allan in the Sunday Mail.
    "I was meant to go to Crystal Palace in the window and it didn't materialise. I was gutted and the manager was gutted for me.

"But I can still go out on a youth loan for three months, given I'm only 20, so hopefully I can get something sorted.
    "It's frustrating but when I look at the job the West Brom players are doing I can't have any complaints. They've had great results recently.
    "I still think I made the right choice, some of the boys who can't get on the bench are full internationals so I just have to bide my time."

Uploads

Phil Neville would welcome chance to extend Everton contract
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 1:15pm

Phil Neville: Says Everton must aim to improve and challenge for trophies

Phil Neville says he would love to play in a different country but will stay at Everton if he is offered a contract extension.
    The 35-year-old's current deal expires at the end of the season and he is relaxed about the situation, despite being very keen to prolong his career.
    Neville hopes he will be given the chance to agree fresh terms at Goodison Park, but if not he may pursue a new challenge away from England.

"I want to keep playing for as long as I can," the former Manchester United man, who moved to Everton in 2005, told The Independent.
    "At least one more year at the top level if I can. I still have ambitions. For instance, I've always wanted to sample playing abroad, a different culture and different life-experience for all the family.
    "Time's running out, I know, and if the gaffer [David Moyes] comes to me in January and wants me to stay another year then the decision's made for me."

Looking beyond his playing career, Neville has already decided that he would love to get more involved in coaching after his passion was ignited by a short stint working with the England Under 21s last season.
    "I've always had long contracts in the past and coming to the last year you can be fearful, but I'm quite excited," he explained.
    "The three days I had with the Under 21s were, well, life-changing. I really got the bug. My strength has always been in professionalism and preparation, and coaching is just an extension of that. It gave me a real insight into what I want to do.
    "I've got my A licence now, I go to games and study methods and read a lot. I've always been into the fitness side, my [twin] sister's a conditioning coach so I tap into that.

"I'm a long way short of being a coach or manager but I'm trying to learn all aspects of it. I think some managers go into it under-prepared, and I don't want to be one of those."
    Neville has loved his time with Everton but still feels they must strive for improvement and does not think finishing above Merseyside rivals Liverpool should be the sole aim.
    "It's something that rankles with me, something I've not bought into at all," he said. "If one team finishes seventh and the other is eighth, you get the bragging rights but with nothing to show for it.

"Liverpool have been so successful over the years and Everton have to had to swallow it. I totally understand that and I can relate to Evertonians when it comes to derby day, but how great it would be if we actually won a trophy.
    "I'm not sure Liverpool have the same outlook. They probably look at the bigger picture, they want to win the league, the FA Cup and the League Cup, and that's the mentality we should have. Last year Kenny Dalglish won the Carling Cup and got the sack, so it shows what the expectations are."

Uploads

Belgium international Marouane Fellaini says this could be his last season at Everton
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 2:21pm

Marouane Fellaini: Everton midfielder says this could be his last season at Goodison Park

Marouane Fellaini has suggested this could be his last season at Everton and that he may decide to look for a new club as early as the January transfer window.
    The Belgium international has enjoyed a blistering start to the new Premier League season, scoring twice in three appearances, including the winner against Manchester United.

He joined the Toffees in a 15million deal from Standard Liege in 2008 and has scored 22 goals in 140 appearances in all competitions during his time on Merseyside.
    Fellaini only signed a new five-year contract in November last year, but has regularly been linked with a move to other clubs.
    The likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid have been mooted as admirers of the 24-year-old, who now concedes he is weighing up his future at Everton.
    "In January, or at the end of the season, I will look for another club or league."

Marouane Fellaini Quotes of the week

"I have started my fifth season at Everton," Fellaini told Het Nieuwsblad.
    "This will be one of my last seasons. I have seen everything.
    "In January, or at the end of the season, I will look for another club or league."
    Fellaini also expressed his disappointment that his Belgian team-mate Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe had been denied clearance from FIFA to complete a loan move to Everton from Club Brugge.
    He added: "Unfortunately, Vadis hasn't joined us at Everton. Maybe he can come later."

Uploads

Sir Alex Ferguson says Manchester United have increased scouting in Mexico and South America
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 3:16pm

Javier Hernandez: Joined Manchester United after being identified by club's scouts

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Manchester United are on the lookout for new talent in Central and South America.
    Ferguson has worked with a number of players from that part of the world over the past few years and says they all have similar attributes in terms of attitude.

Chilean teenager Angelo Henriquez is the latest to arrive at Old Trafford and it would be no surprise to see others following in his footsteps in the years to come.
    "Our scouting there has increased," Ferguson told Inside United. "We've got an operative in Mexico, two in Brazil and four South American scouts now.
    "Quite frankly, they do produce. The South Americans love playing football, it's just in their blood.

"The three Brazilians - Anderson, Rafael and Fabio - love it and are first to training every morning. It's a breath of fresh air.
    "Antonio Valencia is as tough as nails with great discipline about him. Chicharito has a fantastic attitude to playing and everything else. It's really good.
    "We've done very well in Central and South America in the last two or three years."

Uploads

Former Auxerre winger Omar Kossoko is keen to earn a deal at Bristol City
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 3:09pm

Omar Kossoko: Former Auxerre winger is keen to earn a contract at Bristol City

Sky Sports understands Omar Kossoko will spend a couple of days on trial at Bristol City and is hoping to be offered a contract by the Championship club.
    Kossoko is available on a free transfer after leaving Auxerre over the summer following the French side's relegation from Ligue 1.
    The winger only joined Auxerre from Amiens in 2011 and he made 19 appearances in the top flight last season.

He undertook a trial with the Robins' Championship rivals Crystal Palace recently, but failed to secure a contract with Dougie Freedman's side.
    The 24-year-old is now due to try his luck at Ashton Gate, with Robins boss Derek McInnes keen to improve his squad before the next game against Blackburn Rovers.
    Kossoko has also been attracting interest from clubs in Greece, but it is understood that he is eager to be offered a deal by the Robins.

Uploads

Edu unsure on future

Brazilian striker happy to join Greuther on loan from Schalke
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 5:10pm

Edu: Relishing the chance to play regularly at Greuther Furth

Edu has insisted he will not make any firm plans about his future just yet after joining Greuther Furth on loan from Schalke until the end of December.
    The Brazilian striker spent time in Turkey with Besiktas last season after slipping down the pecking order at Schalke.

He was again loaned out this summer as he remains surplus to requirements under Huub Stevens, and will spend the first half of the campaign with Greuther Furth.
    Edu's Schalke contract has just one year left to run and the opportunity to play first-team football will be a key factor in what he decides to do next.
    Difficult

"I have learned to not make any big future plans in my football life," said the 30-year-old.
    "My decision to join Greuther Furth was due to regular first-team football. It would have been difficult to play regular matches at Schalke. It's different at this club.

"I am taking things as they come."
    Edu added: "Greuther Furth are a club looking to avoid the drop this season. We will achieve this if we keep positive thoughts and play as a team."

Uploads

Maicon snubbed Blues for City

Agent explains reasons for Brazilian's switch to Etihad
    Last Updated: September 9, 2012 5:28pm

Maicon: Snubbed interest from likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid & PSG to join Man City

Maicon's agent claims the Manchester City new boy rejected interest from Chelsea to move to the Etihad Stadium.
    Brazil international Maicon joined City on transfer deadline day from Inter Milan after deciding to leave Italy.
    The 31-year-old's agent, Roberto Calenda, claims Maicon snubbed overtures from the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris St Germain to link up again with former Inter boss Roberto Mancini at City.
    Offers

"He chose Manchester City after rather a long evaluation process," Roberto Calenda told Sky Sport Italia.
    "All the top clubs who needed someone in that role came looking for Maicon, from Real Madrid via Jose Mourinho to PSG, Chelsea and others.
    "Maicon made his decision when Roberto Mancini called, as he had started his Inter adventure with this coach seven years ago.
    "There were times during the season when he thought about staying, as he is very tied to the club colours, but after seven years together it was only right that this story should come to an end.

"I'd like to point out that at no point did Maicon demand to be sold, even when there were important proposals in the past. Unlike others, he never put his foot down or made life difficult. He played every Inter game with the utmost determination."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast