Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 10-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 10-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 10-09-2012

Sneijder happy at Inter
    Last Updated: September 10 2012, 9:26 BST

Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder has insisted he wants to remain at the club at least until his contract expires in 2015.

Wesley Sneijder: Not looking to leave
    The Dutchman's future has regularly been the subject of speculation over the past couple of years and he was again linked with a move away from Inter during the summer.
    Fenerbahce and Real Madrid were among the clubs credited with an interest, while reports have also suggested he could return to Ajax at some point.

Sneijder remains open to the idea of one day going back home, but says he remains committed to the Nerazzurri.
    "I want to stay at Inter," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I have never, never thought about leaving Inter. I like the team, the city, the club, and I also like the coach."
    Questioned about the possibility of finishing his career back at Ajax, Sneijder added: "Never say never, but now it's too soon to think about this.
    "I have a deal with Inter until 2015 and I want, as a minimum, to remain until the end of the contract."

Sneijder also praised the man-management of boss Andrea Stramaccioni, who replaced Claudio Ranieri in March.
    "He understands players, like president (Massimo) Moratti," said Sneijder.
    "Stramaccioni talks a lot with me, about everything. This lets me feel his faith and this is good for each player."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 10-09-2012

Pearce calm over FA future
    Last Updated: September 10 2012, 7:44 BST

England Under-21 boss Stuart Pearce insists there is "no real issue" regarding his future despite speculation over his role with the Football Association.

Stuart Pearce: Calm over future
    The former England left-back's contract expires next summer and he has not been asked to reprise his role with the senior squad under current manager Roy Hodgson.
    Pearce, though, has no concerns about his long-term position.
    Ahead of Monday night's final UEFA Under-21 Championship group stage qualifier against Norway, he saod: "I don't think there is any real issue in respect to my future. I've been with the FA for five-and-a-half years and every time my contract is up for renewal, I renew it when it runs out, basically.

"That's happened on the last two occasions and I don't see that changing in any way, shape or form this time around either. Whatever I do won't be influenced before next summer anyway.
    "I can't see that being the case."
    On the pitch, Pearce will turn to Hodgson in the hope of calling on the likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jack Butland for next month's Euro play-off.
    Pearce's side have secured their place in the hat for October's two-legged deciders ahead of next summer's finals in Israel.
    They can boost their chances of coming through those play-offs by winning their final game against Norway and ensuring they are seeded in the draw.

But Pearce also wants to be able to select senior graduates such as Arsenal winger Oxlade-Chamberlain, Birmingham goalkeeper Butland and Tottenham full-back Kyle Walker for the games, which are played between October 11-16.
    "I've spoken to Roy already in that respect and he's aware of my feelings in respect to the players," Pearce said.
    "I wouldn't say the depth of talent we have in this country is massive, by any means. It's quite a shallow pool and we need to have to keep building on that depth of player, but it's important that our high-fliers and best players are all playing in every international get-together."
    Senior coach Hodgson, though, has World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Poland to consider during that international window.
    Asked how important it is to be able to call on players who have moved into the senior set-up, Pearce said: "I think it's absolutely vital.
    "You've only got to look at the best team in the world at this moment in time, Spain. Three players went to the Euros this year and then went to the Olympics.

"The Olympics might in footballing terms be seen as below the Euros in the pecking order but not in Spanish eyes.
    "We've also had World Cup winners in Juan Mata and Javi Martinez who have gone with the Spanish senior squad and got World Cup winners medals but then the following year have gone to the under-21 tournament.
    "I think we have to embrace that model as well in this country and make sure that when we do elevate players to the senior squad, if there is tournament football, and 90 minutes' experience, that can be had, these players need to have that. Because that's where the learning comes from."
    England will be without midfielder Josh McEachran (thigh strain) and suspended defender Craig Dawson for Monday night's final Group Eight clash in Chesterfield.

Uploads

Lloris set for Villas-Boas talks
    Last Updated: September 10 2012, 9:24 BST

Hugo Lloris is waiting to see where he figures in Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas' plans after saying it is "never nice" to hear he may not be first choice.

Lloris: Expected to discuss situation with Villas-Boas
    The France international joined Spurs on deadline day but faces a fight to dislodge Brad Friedel from the team after Villas-Boas declared last weekend that the place belonged to the American.

France boss Didier Deschamps has claimed that Lloris is concerned about the situation, and the former Lyon shot-stopper has now spoken.
    Lloris is staying focused on France ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Belarus on Tuesday, and will then head back to White Hart Lane to find out what is happening.

Questioned about what Villas-Boas said, Lloris said: "Obviously it's never nice, but we'll see when we return to work on Wednesday.
    "When I join up with the national team I concentrate uniquely on that and we'll see about my personal situation as soon as I go back."

Uploads

Benitez on Reds return talk
    Last Updated: September 10 2012, 10:28 BST

Rafa Benitez has admitted he was surprised not to have been approached about a return to Liverpool.

Rafael Benitez: Enjoyed success at Anfield
    The Spaniard left the Merseyside club by mutual consent during the summer of 2010 after a poor season saw his team finish seventh.
    But having previously guided the club to FA Cup and Champions League success, he believes the Anfield hierarchy could have looked his way when they dispensed with Kenny Dalglish in May.

Brendan Rodgers was instead the man to take the helm but the former Swansea boss has endured a difficult start with just one point from three games.
    "It was strange not to be approached," Benitez told the Irish Independent.
    "We know the club, the players, the Academy and we have even more experience now...the fans were positive about the idea.
    "We used to play so many important games that it seemed it was normal and it wasn't."

Uploads

Britt eyeing Roots Hall stay
    Last Updated: September 10, 2012 11:47am

Assombalonga: Welcoming Shrimpers stay

Striker Britt Assombalonga is keen to extend his loan stay at Southend having flourished with the club so far this season.
    Assombalonga, on loan from Watford, bagged a brace in Saturday's 3-1 win over Dagenham & Redbridge to take his tally to four goals in six appearances.
    The forward, 19, arrived on a month-long deal last month but as that arrangement prepares to expire this weekend, he is open to continuing his development at Roots Hall.

"I don't mind staying," Assombalonga told the club's official website. "I am a Southend player at the moment and I'll speak to the gaffer about what happens next.
    "I want to play football, score goals and get 90 minutes under my belt each week so this is a good place to do that."
    Speaking after his double downed Dagenham, Assombalonga added: "I could have scored four of five goals as the chances kept on coming but I didn't take them. I've never scored a hat-trick as I keep getting braces. I was hoping it would be the day I got my first one but it wasn't to be."

Uploads

Baxter offered Latics trial
    Last Updated: September 10, 2012 11:55am

Baxter: Wants regular first-team football

Oldham have handed a trial to former Everton striker Jose Baxter who rejected the offer of a new contract with the Toffees.
    Baxter made 15 appearances for David Moyes' side, before being handed a one-month pre-season trial at Crystal Palace this summer, playing in five friendlies.

Latics manager Paul Dickov told the club's official website: "Jose came in last week and we are looking at him and he at us. There is no doubt about his ability, but he has been unfortunate.
    "Everton offered Baxter a new contract and the only reason he turned it down was because he wanted to play regular football.
    "He went to Crystal Palace and did well pre-season and was offered a contract but, for some reason, it didn't happen."

Uploads

Nichols agrees loan extension
    Last Updated: September 10, 2012 12:23pm

Edgar Street: Home of Hereford

Tom Nichols' loan spell at Hereford has been extended by another month after joining on a one-month loan deal in August.
    The striker, 19 has impressed in his eight appearances for the Blue Square Bet Premier club.
    Nichols has found the net once for Hereford, netting the third in the 3-0 victory away at Alfreton.

Uploads

Robins miss out on Ward

Bristol City see deal for Canaries defender fall through
    Last Updated: September 10, 2012 11:55am

Elliott Ward: Subject of interest from Bristol City but deal has fallen through

Sky Sports understands Bristol City have seen a move for Norwich defender Elliott Ward fall through.
    Robins boss Derek McInnes is in the market for a new central defender and had made made Ward his top target.
    Bristol City initially tried to sign Ward before the transfer window closed last month, but were unable to finalise a deal.

The Championship outfit then tried to bring in Ward on loan following the opening of the loan window, but the move has again collapsed after both parties failed to agree personal terms.
    Ward has spent the last two years with Norwich and was a regular member of their starting XI towards the end of last season, but he has yet to feature this term.
    A number of clubs are thought to be monitoring Ward's situation at Carrow Road with several Championship sides keen to bring in the former West Ham and Coventry man on a loan basis.

Uploads

Moxey hails Doyle's commitment

Wolves chief confirms striker snubbed Prem interest
    Last Updated: September 10, 2012 12:28pm

Kevin Doyle: Praised by Jez Moxey for snubbing other offers to stay at Wolves

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey has hailed Kevin Doyle's commitment to the club after he turned down the chance to leave.
    Doyle is understood to have snubbed transfer window interest from both Aston Villa and Everton to stay at Molineux.
    As revealed by skysports.com the Republic of Ireland international was the subject of enquiries from both clubs, but he rejected their overtures to stay and help Wolves win promotion back to the Premier League.

Moxey was delighted to see Doyle pledge his future to Wolves.
    "The big positive for us with Kevin was that he never fell into that category of 'I want away'," Moxey told the Express and Star.
    "There was interest in him and one or two Premier League clubs called us about him and he was aware of it. It never materialised into a bid but there was interest.

"But at no point did he say 'I want to leave' and he deserves great credit for that.
    "There were enquiries and they were from established Premier League clubs but Kevin said all along that he was strictly behind us and that sort of commitment is to be praised."

Uploads

Clark - Zigic a major asset

Birmingham boss happy striker is still at St Andrew's
    Last Updated: September 10, 2012 12:25pm

Nikola Zigic: Serbian striker staying with Birmingham after summer move fell through

Lee Clark is confident that Birmingham City have retained the services of a 'major asset' in the shape of striker Nikola Zigic.
    The giant Serb looked set to leave St Andrew's for Real Mallorca during the transfer window after the Blues agreed he could leave on a free, despite having two years left on his contract.
    But the proposed move fell through at the last minute and Clark is now keen to look to the future after drawing a line under the summer saga.
    "I have got the utmost respect for the guy," Clark told the Birmingham Mail.
    Impressive

"He's a good man, he's a talented footballer. I just wanted it resolved one way or the other and now it has been cleared up we can all get on with things.
    "His focus in training has been fantastic. Whether the speculation has affected him a little bit, only Ziggy can answer that.
    "But he's certainly looked a lot more at ease around the training ground, around the place, and he's been very impressive.
    "Nikola Zigic firing on all cylinders is a major asset for anyone - and that's what we want."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast