Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 11-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 11-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 11-09-2012

O'Halloran back at Bolton
    Last Updated: September 11 2012, 10:41 BST

Bolton striker Michael O'Halloran has cut short his loan spell at Carlisle and returned to the Reebok Stadium.

Michael O'Halloran: Back at the Reebok
    The 21-year-old, who has represented Scotland at under-17, under-19 and under-21 level, arrived at Carlisle 12 days ago in time to make his only appearance off the substitutes' bench, but has not appeared for Greg Abbott's side since.
    Abbott told the Cumbrians' official website: "Michael came to see me and he told me that he felt that he wanted to get back down to Bolton to carry on his work down there.
    "He wanted more in the way of pitch time with us and we couldn't guarantee him that at this moment in time.
    "I spoke to Owen [Coyle] and he has been fantastic about the situation, so Michael leaves here with our very best wishes."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 11-09-2012

Dundee take O'Hanlon on trial
    Last Updated: September 11 2012, 10:38 BST

Former Hibernian defender Sean O'Hanlon has joined Dundee on trial, manager Barry Smith has confirmed.

Sean O'Hanlon: On trial at Dundee after Hibs exit
    The 29-year-old centre-back is a free agent and on the hunt for a new club after leaving Easter Road in the summer.
    Smith is casting an eye over O'Hanlon, who spent five seasons with MK Dons before joining Hibs in 2011.
    The boss told the Daily Record: "Sean has a decent pedigree. He's played at a good level so we'll see how it goes over the next few days and take things from there."

Uploads

McGowan explains Gers rejection
    Last Updated: September 11 2012, 9:34 BST

Hearts defender Ryan McGowan says he rejected the chance to join Rangers before the transfer window closed as he did not want to drop down to the Third Division.

Ryan McGowan: Rangers had bid accepted
    Rangers had a bid accepted for the 23-year-old, but were unable to persuade the Australian to make the move to Ibrox.
    McGowan confirmed he spoke to Ally McCoist about a possible deal, but he feared dropping out of the SPL would harm his international prospects.
    "Hearts accepted a bid but I rejected it," said the full-back in the Daily Record.

"Ally McCoist called me to go and see him, which I did out of courtesy, but I explained I didn't think it was the right move.
    "I was put in a position with Hearts accepting the bid. Rangers may have good players but you only improve by playing against the best, and that's in the SPL, not Division Three.
    "It's a massive club but it wouldn't have helped my international prospects. It was a football decision."

Uploads

Released Deeney in Zola talks
    Last Updated: September 11 2012, 10:38 BST

Watford striker Troy Deeney's future with the club could be decided at a meeting this week with manager Gianfranco Zola.

Troy Deeney: Will meet Zola this week
    Deeney, 24, was sentenced to 10 months in prison in June having pleaded guilty to affray following an attack on a student outside a Birmingham nightclub.
    A statement on the club's official website read: "Troy Deeney will discuss his Watford career prospects with head coach Gianfranco Zola in a meeting scheduled for this week.
    "The striker, released early under conditions from his prison sentence, will meet with Zola and other senior Hornets' officials.
    "A further announcement about Deeney's Watford FC future will be made in due course."

Uploads

O'Neill keen to keep Cattermole
    Last Updated: September 11 2012, 11:49 BST

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill has paid tribute to captain Lee Cattermole and urged him to sign a new contract.

Lee Cattermole: Has impressed Martin O'Neill
    The midfielder's current deal at the Stadium of Light expires next summer and O'Neill is expected to hold talks with him about an extension.
    O'Neill admits Cattermole must carry on working hard to ensure he does not pick up so many yellow cards and suspensions, but his performances on the pitch have impressed the Black Cats boss.

"Cattermole has been excellent since I came to the football club - and he may well have been before, I don't know about that," O'Neill told the Sunderland Echo.
    "He's 24 and he's the captain of the side. Sometimes he needs to keep his discipline better because over the course of the year I expect he'll pick up a couple of silly bookings.
    "I don't want to build him up too much though - particularly as he has a contract to sign here!"

Uploads

O'Halloran ends Cumbrians loan
    Last Updated: September 11, 2012 11:09am

Abbott: Spoke to Coyle

Bolton striker Michael O'Halloran has cut short his loan spell at Carlisle and has returned to the Reebok Stadium.
    The 21-year-old, who has represented Scotland at under-17, under-19 and under-21 level, featured as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat at MK Dons at the start of the month but has not appeared for Greg Abbott's side since.

Abbott told the Cumbrians' official website: "Michael came to see me and he told me that he felt that he wanted to get back down to Bolton to carry on his work down there.
    "He wanted more in the way of pitch time with us and we couldn't guarantee him that at this moment in time.
    "I spoke to Owen [Coyle] and he has been fantastic about the situation, so Michael leaves here with our very best wishes."

Uploads

Former Liverpool midfielder Boudewijn Zenden is training with Bayer Leverkusen
    Last Updated: September 11, 2012 2:33pm

Boudewijn Zenden: Former Liverpool midfielder is training with old team-mate Sami Hyypia's Bayer Leverkusen squad

Veteran Dutch midfielder Boudewijn Zenden is training with former Liverpool team-mate Sami Hyypia's Bayer Leverkusen squad as he continues his search for a new club.
    Zenden has been without a team since leaving Sunderland at the end of 2010/11 season and he held talks about a deal with Blackburn Rovers last term.

He will now spend a few days training with Leverkusen to build up his fitness after playing alongside coach Hyypia for two years at Liverpool.
    "I recently asked Sami if I could join the team for training," Zenden told BILD.
    "Now, I am going to keep up my fitness by training with Bayer Leverkusen for about a week. I am very thankful I have been granted the opportunity to do so.

"I live in Maastricht actually, so this is also a perfect fit in this respect."
    Hyypia is happy to let the 36-year-old train with Leverkusen, although reports suggest the club are not planning to offer Zenden a contract.
    "Boudewijn Zenden and I were team-mates at Liverpool for two years overall," said Hyypia. "We have remained in touch ever since."

Uploads

Tubbs wants more opportunities
    Last Updated: September 11, 2012 3:27pm

Tubbs: Frustrated

Matt Tubbs is ready to leave Bournemouth if he fails to play more regular first-team football at Dean Court.
    The 28-year-old moved to Dean Court from Crawley for a club record fee in January when Lee Bradbury was at the helm, but has been limited to a solitary start under Paul Groves this term.
    Tubbs was an unused substitute when the Cherries notched their first win of the campaign at Yeovil on Saturday, after being left out of the squad to face south coast neighbours Portsmouth in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

He told the Echo: "I came here to play football and I'm not at the moment which is very frustrating. I want to be playing and if I am not going to be playing here, then I want to go and play somewhere else.
    "I spoke to the manager a few days ago and we went over a few things, but I didn't get on again against Yeovil. We've had a few games now and I haven't been given a chance."

Tubbs added: "It's very frustrating. Over the past two seasons, albeit at a lower level, I have scored 59 goals. I'm a goalscorer but I am still waiting for my chance and if that doesn't come along soon, I will have to weigh up my options. I'm 28 now, I am in my prime as a striker and I want to be playing games and scoring goals."

Uploads

Bohemians manager Aaron Callaghan says Everton are interested in Kevin Feely
    Last Updated: September 11, 2012 3:13pm

David Moyes: Everton manager is said to be interested in signing Bohemians defender Kevin Feely

Bohemians manager Aaron Callaghan has revealed Everton boss David Moyes is chasing teenage defender Kevin Feely.
    The 19-year-old has impressed in his 19 appearances in the League of Ireland, having formerly played at minor inter-county level for Kildare.
    Feely has previously trained with Charlton Athletic and Callaghan is waiting to see what develops regarding the interest in the youngster.
    "There is definite interest there from Everton," Callaghan told Ireland's Evening Herald newspaper.

"It's just a matter of what they do with it, but they are keen on Kevin.
    "[Everton] are not the only ones interested. Charlton had Kevin over for four days and while he didn't play in a match when he was there he impressed in training and they'd like to have a second look.
    "I would hate to lose Kevin but if we were able to sell him and bring in some finance for the club it would be positive all round as he really wants to further his career."

Uploads

Fulham bring in Karagounis

Greece midfielder agrees season-long deal
    Last Updated: September 11, 2012 3:54pm

Giorgos Karagounis: Veteran Greece international has signed for Fulham

Fulham have completed the signing of veteran Greece midfielder Giorgos Karagounis.
    As revealed by skysports.com last week, Fulham were lining up a move for Karagounis to bolster their midfield options.
    The 35-year-old, who has over 100 caps to his name, has penned a deal at Craven Cottage until the end of the season.
    Karagounis has spent most of his career with Panathinaikos, enjoying two spells with the Athens giants, while also spending stints at Inter Milan and Benfica.

Karagounis said: "I'm delighted to have signed for Fulham Football Club and I am excited by a new challenge in England and the Barclays Premier League.
    "I'm looking forward to working under Martin Jol and playing alongside some fantastic players at this Club."
    Cottagers boss Jol told the club's official website: "Giorgos Karagounis has a wealth of club and international experience and I'm happy that he's joined us for this season.

"He's been an influential player for his club sides and is a renowned player in world football as he's about to become the most-capped player for Greece. He brings many certain qualities to our squad."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast