Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 13-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 13-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 13-09-2012

Reina speculation dismissed

Agent admits goalkeeper is having a tough season
    Last Updated: September 13, 2012 8:29am

Pepe Reina: Has struggled this season but will not be leaving Liverpool, according to his agent

Pepe Reina's agent has insisted there is no truth in rumours linking the goalkeeper with a move away from Liverpool.
    Reina has been one of the most consistent performers for the Reds since he made the move to Anfield from Villarreal in 2005.
    He has endured a difficult start to the new season, though, and criticism has been aimed in his direction following some uncharacteristic mistakes.

There has even been speculation that Brendan Rodgers may look to bring in a replacement, with Swansea City's Michel Vorm reportedly in his thoughts.
    However, Reina's representative has played down the transfer talk and stressed that the 30-year-old will soon get back to his best.
    "He is not having an easy time. The team has not started the season well and liability is falling on him," said Manuel Garcia Quilon.
    "But this will end when he returns to form. He has four years to run on his contract and rumours of leaving Liverpool are just that - rumours."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 13-09-2012

Lucas Digne doesn't want to leave Lille after being linked with Chelsea

Lucas Digne: Lille full-back is in no rush to leave after being linked with a move to Chelsea

Teenage defender Lucas Digne insists he has no desire to leave Lille after being linked with a move to the Premier League.
    Reports in France have claimed that Chelsea, and other English clubs, have been impressed by Digne's emergence over the past 12 months.
    The left-back is under contract at Lille for another four years and the 19-year-old does not believe there is a rush to quit his current club.
    "It is pleasant to hear rumours of interest, but it doesn't disturb me," the France Under 20 international told L'Equipe.
    "Lille is the club of my heart, I am under contract until 2016, and I have no desire to leave.
    "Everything is fine here and there is a real danger that if you want to leave too early it could burn you out."

Uploads

Second Terrier joins Spireites

Chesterfield: Signed up midfielder

Chesterfield have signed central midfielder Chris Atkinson from Huddersfield on a youth loan.
    Atkinson moves to the Proact Stadium on an initial one-month deal until October 21.
    It is the 20-year-old's second loan move after he made 15 appearances for Darlington last season.
    Atkinson has made two starts and two substitute appearances for Huddersfield.
    He joins Terriers team-mate Liam Ridehalgh on loan at the League Two club.

Uploads

Spireites sign Sunderland stopper

Wilson: Chesterfield switch

Chesterfield have signed young Sunderland goalkeeper Ben Wilson on loan.
    Wilson has been drafted in following the recent injury to Tommy Lee. He will provide competition for summer signing Richard O'Donnell, who made his full debut as the Spireites drew 2-2 draw at York last weekend.
    A product of Sunderland's youth academy, Wilson has featured regularly in the reserve-team.
    Black Cats boss Martin O'Neill included him in his squad for the 2012 Peace Cup in South Korea and Wilson was handed his debut in the 3-2 win over FC Groningen in Suwon.

Uploads

Dons teenager pens new deal

Baldock: Signed a new two-year deal

MK Dons midfielder George Baldock has signed a new two-year deal with the club.
    Baldock, who will be on loan at Blue Square Bet Premier side Tamworth until December 31, is held in high regard by the Dons management and made his league debut at the age of 17.
    Now 19, Baldock, who came through the youth system at Milton Keynes, has had his stay extended by an extra two years to keep him at stadium:mk until 2014.

"I'm really pleased to have signed a new deal. This club is the perfect place to be for a youngster, whether you are playing or in and around the squad, because there is so much talent here to improve you as a player," said Baldock. "If you ask any footballer, signing a new contract is a great achievement because there are so many good players out of the game. It's great to sign for such a good Club.
    "Like any player here, my ambition is to help the first-team move forward. It is always going take me a bit longer to break into the first-team on a regular basis because I'm a midfielder and the talent in our midfield is second to none, but on the other hand it is good to train with them and learn from them in the next two years."
    Baldock spent most of summer with Icelandic side IBV where he made 19 appearances and scored once during a three month loan spell.

Uploads

Moutinho a fan of AVB

Portuguese midfielder was flattered by Spurs' summer interest
    Last Updated: September 13, 2012 8:04am

Joao Moutinho: A big admirer of Spurs boss Villas-Boas

Porto ace Joao Moutinho has branded Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas 'one of the best coaches in Europe' amid speculation Spurs could revive their interest in the midfielder in January.
    Villas-Boas confirmed earlier this month a deal to bring Moutinho to White Hart Lane this summer collapsed on transfer deadline day, despite a 22million fee being agreed.

Reports suggest the North Londoners could resume their pursuit of the Portugual international in the winter transfer window and while the 25-year-old says he is focused on Porto, he admits he is an admirer of Tottenham's manager.
    He was quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror: "Tottenham is not in my head now, although I was flattered by the interest, especially by the coach. Andre Villas-Boas is one of the best coaches in Europe today.

"The transfer window is closed but now I am focused on Porto and prefer not to talk about something which may or may not happen.
    "Porto is a club which offers maximum stability to help me show my best level.
    "I cannot talk about anything else until that changes."

Uploads

Wenger set for new Gunners deal
    Last Updated: September 13 2012, 7:51 BST

Arsenal are set to offer manager Arsene Wenger a new contract to keep him at the Emirates Stadium beyond the end of his current deal in 2014, chief executive Ivan Gazidis has revealed.

Arsene Wenger: Set to be offered new deal
    With two years remaining on Wenger's contract, speculation has surfaced over whether the long-serving manager will continue in north London when the deal expires.

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal
    Stoke City 0 - 0 Arsenal
    Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland

The Frenchman is the Gunners' most successful post-war manager but has not led the club to trophy success in seven years.
    Gazidis insists 62-year-old Wenger, who took over in 1996, is key to Arsenal's plans and says the club remain committed to winning silverware.
    He said in the Daily Mirror: "It's not a sense of sentimentalism, not a reward for our services, it's a belief that we have an incredible manager who loves this club and is the best man to lead us forward.

"We're really confident about the direction that the club is heading. We're coming through strongly and we believe we're really well placed. We hope and believe that Arsene will be a part of that as we move forward."
    Gazidis says when Wenger does eventually call time on management, he wants to make sure his successor retains the same values instilled at the club by the Frenchman.

6 Everton 6
    7 West Ham 6
    8 Arsenal 5
    9 Wigan 4
    10 Newcastle 4

• last updated 02/09 17:58

He added: "At the same time, as a club, we have to make sure that all of the things that Arsene has brought to the club are enshrined in our DNA to make sure that when the day comes when Arsene decides it's time to hang up his boots - I don't know what the expression is as a manager - that we are in a position to take his ideas and work forward.
    "The values that Arsene has brought to the club together with the values the club had before Arsene are what will inform us - and I don't want to give any indication that this is happening - and give us the framework as to who might take over from him in the longer term."

The frustration of Arsenal fans has mounted during recent trophyless seasons but Gazidis insists winning silverware, as well as finishing in the Premier League top four, remain primary targets - even without key players such as Robin van Persie, who departed for Manchester United in the summer.
    He said: "We get accused of a lack of ambition or complacency because, apparently, the board are only interested in the top four - that is absolute rubbish.
    "We're trying to win. In fact, we try to do more than that, we try to win with style - we have a certain way of playing football that we take pride in. So again, it's a high ambition.

"I know we haven't achieved that in recent years. There's no-one at this football club that doesn't feel the pain of not being able to do that in recent years but absolutely that's what we're trying to do and we want to do it on a sustainable basis going forward.
    "We're very optimistic about this season, even through the loss of a player as important as Robin van Persie.
    "We went through some major challenges last season and yet still came near the top of the game. But it's not what we're aiming to do. We're absolutely trying to win silverware and we're trying desperately hard to do it this year."

Wenger has earned plaudits for achieving success while adhering to the club's financial vision and Gazidis added: "We have a wage structure which we think works for us.
    "It's not fixed in stone - we adapt it over time, there are no absolute hard and fast rules.
    "We look at situations not just individually but in the context of the whole, in the context of what we are trying to do.
    "We are adaptive and, in the end, our performance against our spend is judged on the pitch every year and I think we have got an excellent record."

Uploads

Wenger expects Sagna to stay
    Last Updated: September 13 2012, 10:56 BST

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger thinks Bacary Sagna won't follow the likes of Robin van Persie out of the Emirates Stadium.

Bacary Sagna: Contract expires in 2014
    The full-back last week went public on his unhappiness with the club's transfer policy - and in particular with this summer's sale of Alex Song to Barcelona.
    Sagna's current contract is up in 2014 and he revealed nobody has approached him about signing an extension - despite Arsenal's failure to tie down the likes of Samir Nasri and van Persie in recent years.

Both left the club in the final year of their contracts, but Wenger said: "Bacary loves the club, and I think he will stay. The interview doesn't reflect the love he has for this club. He has always given full commitment."
    Sagna is currently out with a broken leg, but Wenger believes the right-back could be back in three weeks.

Uploads

Atletico won't sell Lopez

Spanish club not interested in any offers for striker
    Last Updated: September 13, 2012 12:10pm

Adrian Lopez: Atletico Madrid are not interested in any offers for the forward

Sky Sports understands that Atletico Madrid are not willing to sell forward Adrian Lopez in the near future.
    Recent reports have suggested that Premier League clubs Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are interested in the 24-year-old Spain international, and that a bid could be made in January.
    However, it is understood that Atletico have no intention to negotiate the sale of Lopez.
    Lopez's current contract with Atletico runs out in June 2015.

Uploads

Monk to remain Swans captain

Laudrup has no plans to strip captaincy despite exit possibility
    Last Updated: September 13, 2012 1:40pm

Garry Monk: Will remain club captain for as long as he is at the Liberty Stadium

Michael Laudrup insists Garry Monk will continue as Swansea skipper despite being free to leave the club in search of first-team football.
    Monk, who has been heavily linked with Bristol City, has been told by the new Swans boss that he is not in his first-choice line-up at the Liberty Stadium.
    But Laudrup has no intention of stripping the centre-back of the captaincy even though Ashley Williams will once again lead the team out against Aston Villa on Saturday.

"For me, while he is here, Garry will be the captain," Laudrup told the South Wales Evening Post.
    "He is captain of the club and when he plays he will be captain of the team.
    "But when he does not play, it's Ashley and so on."
    Back problem

With Chico Flores suspended and Kyle Bartley injured, Monk may have featured at Villa Park but the 33-year-old is struggling with an ongoing back problem.
    "Garry has been out for a few weeks with his back and first we hope he will recover," Laudrup added.
    "What he will do after that is up to him - whether he will stay or whether he wants to go and play."

Bristol City could take the former Southampton trainee on an emergency loan deal but Ashton Gate boss Derek McInnes claims no deal is imminent.
    "I am still interested in bringing another defender in, but I must stress we are not close on anybody at the moment," McInnes said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast